Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (67640 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by CommandosKennel: 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello sir,

A friend of ours has a plus 2 years old male Lhasa Apso who is seemingly uninterested in mating females in heat even when the dams don't resist or act aggressive towards him.

Sometimes he tries to mount females and trust but would lose interest after few attempts. He also don't like being assisted during mating as he will simply growl and leave.

His last successful tieing during mating was about 7 weeks ago but the female is clearly not pregnant.

You can imagine what the assumption is.

Please what could be the reason for this problem and how can it be corrected.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2021
CommandosKennel:
Hello sir,

A friend of ours has a plus 2 years old male Lhasa Apso who is seemingly uninterested in mating females in heat even when the dams don't resist or act aggressive towards him.

Sometimes he tries to mount females and trust but would lose interest after few attempts. He also don't like being assisted during mating as he will simply growl and leave.

His last successful tieing during mating was about 7 weeks ago but the female is clearly not pregnant.

You can imagine what the assumption is.

Please what could be the reason for this problem and how can it be corrected.
Good evening sir, how are you today? Please can to tell me the chief complaint, what exactly is the problem, so from there we move up. I'll be on standby sir
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Walexz02(m): 9:59am On Dec 04, 2021
seunH:
Good morning sir and sorry for the late response. First of all, you'll have the change location, else recurrence would occur. Secondly get an acaricidal drug for pups from any pet shop. Please avoid Armitraz for now because of their age. I'll be on standby

Thank you sir
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by meks007(m): 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2021
Good afternoon house, sorry for derailing.
can anyone recommend any economical or home made meal for my puppy Bruce. He does not like dry dog food that much.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
meks007:
Good afternoon house, sorry for derailing.
can anyone recommend any economical or home made meal for my puppy Bruce. He does not like dry dog food that much.
Good afternoon sir, you can try rice mixed with carrots and boiled meat or egg, or rice mixed with beans is also okay but please ensure you add either boiled meat or fish or egg. I hope this helps
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by meks007(m): 7:07pm On Dec 04, 2021
seunH:
Good afternoon sir, you can try rice mixed with carrots and boiled meat or egg, or rice mixed with beans is also okay but please ensure you add either boiled meat or fish or egg. I hope this helps
Yes I find it very helpful. Thank you
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2021
meks007:
Yes I find it very helpful. Thank you
Be my guest anytime
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by bodija(m): 2:55pm On Dec 08, 2021
Pls house,what are d sign dt a dog has conceived because I avnt seen any sign and today makes it one month dt my dog mate and I av t seen any sign.does dt mean she didn't conceived? Pls help me oooo
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
bodija:
Pls house,what are d sign dt a dog has conceived because I avnt seen any sign and today makes it one month dt my dog mate and I av t seen any sign.does dt mean she didn't conceived? Pls help me oooo
Good evening sir, it's not an issue. I'll advice at this juncture to go for a test, in other to confirm
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by adeolu133: 12:08am On Dec 09, 2021
okay
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 6:56pm On Dec 12, 2021
seunH:
Good evening sir, it's not an issue. I'll advice at this juncture to go for a test, in other to confirm
Good evening Sir, how far? what's the latest update sir?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by eherbal(m): 1:01am On Dec 14, 2021
This is the stool of my one and a half month old kitten .what could be the problem? Pls help. Thanks cry

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:54am On Dec 14, 2021
eherbal:
This is the stool of my one and a half month old kitten .what could be the problem? Pls help. Thanks cry
Good morning sir, please can you tell me other symptoms you are seeing, so that I can have an idea of what is wrong.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by eherbal(m): 8:35am On Dec 14, 2021
seunH:
Good morning sir, please can you tell me other symptoms you are seeing, so that I can have an idea of what is wrong.
its actually a very active and mischievously restless kitten. Its movement is kinda slowed presently, but still active. It was a stray I rescued. I had an 8month old before her, and she picks fights on a regular with her grin

She was shivering when I found her,and it took some time for her to stop. She still shivers occasionally. Hence her name; Shiver
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
eherbal:
its actually a very active and mischievously restless kitten. Its movement is kinda slowed presently, but still active. It was a stray I rescued. I had an 8month old before her, and she picks fights on a regular with her grin

She was shivering when I found her,and it took some time for her to stop. She still shivers occasionally. Hence her name; Shiver
I'll prescribe some drugs and multivitamins for you, pending your visit to the Vet. Send me a mail, I'll respond with my number. So sorry once again
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by mofolusho384: 4:08am On Dec 18, 2021
okay
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by meks007(m): 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2021
good afternoon sir, please I don't know what is wrong with my puppy. He has not been eating well recently and this afternoon he pooped blood. please what could be wrong with him? what should I do?

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 4:49pm On Dec 19, 2021
meks007:
good afternoon sir, please I don't know what is wrong with my puppy. He has not been eating well recently and this afternoon he pooped blood. please what could be wrong with him? what should I do?
Good afternoon sir, I'm so sorry about the condition. The above seems like parvo, although further test would be needed for confirmation. The best solution to this condition is a visit to a vet clinic/hospital asap. Meanwhile, I can recommend some first aid measures pending your visit to the Vet clinic.
1) Ensure he is hydrated and also give glucose, this would give him a bit of stamina
2) Get this solution Novax®, it's an antidiarrheal and antiemetic, this would provide temporary relief.
3) Calm down
Please update me on any development, I'll be on standby

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 20, 2021
seunH:
Good afternoon sir, I'm so sorry about the condition. The above seems like parvo, although further test would be needed for confirmation. The best solution to this condition is a visit to a vet clinic/hospital asap. Meanwhile, I can recommend some first aid measures pending your visit to the Vet clinic.
1) Ensure he is hydrated and also give glucose, this would give him a bit of stamina
2) Get this solution Novax®, it's an antidiarrheal and antiemetic, this would provide temporary relief.
3) Calm down
Please update me on any development, I'll be on standby

Good evening. Please I have a German shepherd that has been limping for about two weeks now. The affected leg is the left hind leg. It’s not getting worse but it’s not getting better as well.

Should I be worried and is there anything I can do to make it better?

Ive tried to really examine the leg but can’t find the exact point that sprained or injured.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:26pm On Dec 20, 2021
Sureboy2020:

Good evening. Please I have a German shepherd that has been limping for about two weeks now. The affected leg is the left hind leg. It’s not getting worse but it’s not getting better as well.

Should I be worried and is there anything I can do to make it better?

Ive tried to really examine the leg but can’t find the exact point that sprained or injured.
Good evening sir, when you were trying to examine and touch the area, did your dog show any sign of pain or distress?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2021
seunH:
Good evening sir, when you were trying to examine and touch the area, did your dog show any sign of pain or distress?
I’ve touched different areas of the leg and the dog didn’t show any sign of pain or distress.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2021
Sureboy2020:

I’ve touched different areas of the leg and the dog didn’t show any sign of pain or distress.
No problem sir, I'll advice you go to the clinic or hospital to get an x-ray done on the area in order to get an accurate diagnosis. Meanwhile I'll prescribe an anti-inflammatory pain reliever that would manage the situation pending your visit to the clinic. This drug would enable your dog walk normally pending when we would find solution to the root cause of the problem. I'll DM the drug to you.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 20, 2021
seunH:
No problem sir, I'll advice you go to the clinic or hospital to get an x-ray done on the area in order to get an accurate diagnosis. Meanwhile I'll prescribe an anti-inflammatory pain reliever that would manage the situation pending your visit to the clinic. This drug would enable your dog walk normally pending when we would find solution to the root cause of the problem. I'll DM the drug to you.
Okay, thank you sir.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Gnosticstudent(m): 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2021
seunH:
No problem sir.

Hello Bro,

Please what can I do? Since this morning, I noticed my 5month old Eskie seem to have anorexia. It no longer eats even her most favorite meals of meat, fish, etc.

It won't eat, up until this moment.
Plus I noticed it makes sound like it wanna throw up, it have noticed this sound several times this evening. It tries to throw up, but nothing comes out.

I also noticed a serious lethargy, sluggish behavior as opposed to her usual very agile and energetic ways of hoping around, playing and running around. All that changed since this morning.

And it's as though she is restless.
I have been wondering the cause of this terrible loss of appetite.

Stool still seem normal.

Thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2021
Gnosticstudent:

Hello Bro,

Please what can I do? Since this morning, I noticed my 5month old Eskie seem to have anorexia. It no longer eats even her most favorite meals of meat, fish, etc.

It won't eat, up until this moment.
Plus I noticed it makes sound like it wanna throw up, it have noticed this sound several times this evening. It tries to throw up, but nothing comes out.

I also noticed a serious lethargy, sluggish behavior as opposed to her usual very agile and energetic ways of hoping around, playing and running around. All that changed since this morning.

And it's as though she is restless.
I have been wondering the cause of this terrible loss of appetite.

Stool still seem normal.

Thanks
Good evening sir, I'm so sorry about this condition. A lot of things can be responsible for the above. Because of this season, parvo would be part of our differential. I'll suggest you go for test in a clinic inorder for is to pinpoint what exactly is wrong. Meanwhile I'll recommend multivitamins esp Vit C and B complex. Please keep her hydrated and give glucose too. Let me know the outcome of the test, I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by damoskid(m): 1:40am On Dec 23, 2021
Good morning boss, I recently adopted an adult female German shepherd from an owner who couldn’t properly care for her, but I noticed that her abdomen is hard and I noticed a very small yellowish discharge from her vulva. I’m scared it might by pyometra. I need your help!

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Godfirst01(m): 7:25am On Dec 23, 2021
Good day Doc, please I need your help. My pregnant boerboel dog has this small rashes on her body and always scratching it. It's now spreading fast all over her body. I have applied penicillin on it but no changes. I don't want to administer drugs cos of her pregnancy. Please kindly suggest treatment. Thanks

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:40am On Dec 23, 2021
damoskid:
Good morning boss, I recently adopted an adult female German shepherd from an owner who couldn’t properly care for her, but I noticed that her abdomen is hard and I noticed a very small yellowish discharge from her vulva. I’m scared it might by pyometra. I need your help!
Good morning sir, your fears are understandable, but I want you to put your mind at rest. Our management plan is going to be divided into two;
1) You'll have to take her a Vet clinic for thorough check up especially the hardness of the stomach which could be due to impaction and also in case of anything you missed
2) Meanwhile, I'll prescribe some broad spectrum antibiotics to you and multivitamins. For the pyometra, let's await the outcome of your visit to the clinic, so that we will know the next step. I'll DM the prescription to you. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:49am On Dec 23, 2021
Godfirst01:
Good day Doc, please I need your help. My pregnant boerboel dog has this small rashes on her body and always scratching it. It's now spreading fast all over her body. I have applied penicillin on it but no changes. I don't want to administer drugs cos of her pregnancy. Please kindly suggest treatment. Thanks
Good morning sir, from what I'm seeing above, I'm suspecting dermatitis which could be due to ectoparasites e.g Mange. Since she is pregnant, let's avoid any systemic anti-ectoparasitic drug, let's go for topical anti-ectoparasitic drug. Get Amitraz®, and ensure its very diluted then bath her with it. You can also get topical anti-ectoparasitic cream from any vet pharmacy and apply to the area. Penicillin may not work because penicillin is majorly for bacteria and not ectoparasites. Once she has delivered her pups, then I'll tell you the next step.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Godfirst01(m): 9:50am On Dec 23, 2021
seunH:
Good morning sir, from what I'm seeing above, I'm suspecting dermatitis which could be due to ectoparasites e.g Mange. Since she is pregnant, let's avoid any systemic anti-ectoparasitic drug, let's go for topical anti-ectoparasitic drug. Get Amitraz®, and ensure its very diluted then bath her with it. You can also get topical anti-ectoparasitic cream from any vet pharmacy and apply to the area. Penicillin may not work because penicillin is majorly for bacteria and not ectoparasites. Once she has delivered her pups, then I'll tell you the next step.

Thanks so much Doc. Well appreciated
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by damoskid(m): 10:03am On Dec 23, 2021
seunH:
Good morning sir, your fears are understandable, but I want you to put your mind at rest. Our management plan is going to be divided into two;
1) You'll have to take her a Vet clinic for thorough check up especially the hardness of the stomach which could be due to impaction and also in case of anything you missed
2) Meanwhile, I'll prescribe some broad spectrum antibiotics to you and multivitamins. For the pyometra, let's await the outcome of your visit to the clinic, so that we will know the next step. I'll DM the prescription to you. I'll be on standby
07032248931 that’s my WhatsApp number
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by damoskid(m): 10:04am On Dec 23, 2021
seunH:
Problem is that my vet has never handled pyometra before

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (52) (Reply)

Dog Dies After Intercepting A Snake & Saving A Child (photos) / My Ram Died And I Roasted It For My Dogs (photos) / Found This Dog In Our Compound This Morning...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.