Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,380 members, 7,815,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (67054 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:34pm On Dec 30, 2023
majortwild:

Once again Mr seun i do honestly appreciate your replies ,u cant imagine how happy i am each time i see ur reply or comments on people's post . Thank you once again.

Can you help me with an effective immune booster i can get for my pet (The mum and the puppies) I'll contact some fumigation service so i can get my compound fumigated, also i thought parvo was airborne wont it have the possibility of returning to the environment even after fumigation?
Multivitamins especially Vitamin C and fruits for instance carrots mixed with rice. Don't waste money on advertised immune boosters. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 7:24am On Dec 31, 2023
seunH:
Multivitamins especially Vitamin C and fruits for instance carrots mixed with rice. Don't waste money on advertised immune boosters. I'll be on standby

Question 1
also i thought parvo was airborne wont it have the possibility of returning to the environment even after fumigation?

Question 2
I'm currently giving her vitamin E immed she gave birth i started giving her Vitamin E capsules (2 capsules daily) I'll add vitamin C do i get the regular vitamin C or what do u suggest
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:18am On Dec 31, 2023
majortwild:

Question 1
also i thought parvo was airborne wont it have the possibility of returning to the environment even after fumigation?

Question 2
I'm currently giving her vitamin E immed she gave birth i started giving her Vitamin E capsules (2 capsules daily) I'll add vitamin C do i get the regular vitamin C or what do u suggest
Fumigation can solve the problem, even in airborne infection fumigation helps because of the airborne droplets of the chemical agents when sprayed, although parvo isn't airborne. On number 2, you're on point continue
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Bintdawood(f): 11:07am On Dec 31, 2023
Hello vet, my dogs paws is cracked.... What do i do to stop it please?

Below are the pictures.

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2023
Bintdawood:
Hello vet, my dogs paws is cracked.... What do i do to stop it please?

Below are the pictures.
Good evening ma, you can use any anti fungal/anti bacterial ointment and apply

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 8:53pm On Dec 31, 2023
seunH:

Fumigation can solve the problem, even in airborne infection fumigation helps because of the airborne droplets of the chemical agents when sprayed, although parvo isn't airborne. On number 2, you're on point continue

Thank you very much Mr Seun for your reply, I'm wishing you specially a happy new year.

I'll keep u updated as i progress.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 10:58am On Jan 02
Mr seun i noticed my dog is losing a lot of her hairs not like a normal shading this one is way different, it's really losing a lot of hair like a slight pull on the hair it will fall off. (Boerboel)
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 12:34pm On Jan 02
majortwild:
Mr seun i noticed my dog is losing a lot of her hairs not like a normal shading this one is way different, it's really losing a lot of hair like a slight pull on the hair it will fall off. (Boerboel)
Good afternoon sir, you can send me pictures, for me to have an idea what's going on
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 1:42pm On Jan 02
seunH:
Good afternoon sir, you can send me pictures, for me to have an idea what's going on

That's the pics sir

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:24pm On Jan 02
majortwild:

That's the pics sir
I'm differentially diagnosing Mange, get Armitraz bath and follow the manufacturer's instruction then follow up with multivitamin, I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by calebdaking(m): 1:02am On Jan 06
Dr Seun Good morning. I read almost 15 pages and you're awesome. I have an 11 week Male German shepherd and I'm having an issue with ticks, I took him to the vet 2 weeks ago and he told me he gave him an Injection. I traveled with him for 5days when I got home 3days ago I noticed ticks in his coat, I found out because he was itching badly. I gave him a normal bath and spray him enough with Fipronil Xtreme Hyperwiper I got and after 24hours+ now I can still see few. I used sniper for indoor and where he is sleeping. I can still see few around. And I fumigate my house a month ago.

Any advice for me to do, I hate ticks with passion
Thank you
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:47pm On Jan 06
calebdaking:
Dr Seun Good morning. I read almost 15 pages and you're awesome. I have an 11 week Male German shepherd and I'm having an issue with ticks, I took him to the vet 2 weeks ago and he told me he gave him an Injection. I traveled with him for 5days when I got home 3days ago I noticed ticks in his coat, I found out because he was itching badly. I gave him a normal bath and spray him enough with Fipronil Xtreme Hyperwiper I got and after 24hours+ now I can still see few. I used sniper for indoor and where he is sleeping. I can still see few around. And I fumigate my house a month ago.

Any advice for me to do, I hate ticks with passion
Thank you
Good evening sir, thanks for the compliment really appreciate. First of all cover all holes and crevices then refumingate, secondly get Simprica®or Bravecto® tablet and administer based on manufacturer's instruction, then continue with your Fipronil, you can also bathe once in 2 weeks as you've done. I'll be on standby for updates
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by calebdaking(m): 9:05am On Jan 09
seunH:
Good evening sir, thanks for the compliment really appreciate. First of all cover all holes and crevices then refumingate, secondly get Simprica®or Bravecto® tablet and administer based on manufacturer's instruction, then continue with your Fipronil, you can also bathe once in 2 weeks as you've done. I'll be on standby for updates
Thanks have done that, really appreciate your help thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 1:39pm On Jan 09
Mr Seun please i want to ask a few questions

1. At what week is a new born puppy supposed to take their vaccinations

2. What combination of Food would make a Boerboel Gain weight.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by alexalexalex: 9:23pm On Jan 12
MR Seun. Please I want to ask if it's okay for my male and female Eskimo to be mating everyday. The female is on her heat period and my male dog has been crossing her since she has been receptive. To my own knowledge I have seen them mate like 5 times in 5 days. Hope it won't get too much. And if I keep them separately the male gets unrest. Please I need your advice
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 6:10pm On Jan 13
alexalexalex:
MR Seun. Please I want to ask if it's okay for my male and female Eskimo to be mating everyday. The female is on her heat period and my male dog has been crossing her since she has been receptive. To my own knowledge I have seen them mate like 5 times in 5 days. Hope it won't get too much. And if I keep them separately the male gets unrest. Please I need your advice
It's okay provided you don't observe any adverse effects
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 6:12pm On Jan 13
majortwild:
Mr Seun please i want to ask a few questions

1. At what week is a new born puppy supposed to take their vaccinations

2. What combination of Food would make a Boerboel Gain weight.
Good evening sir, on number 1, try and follow the vaccination schedule it will guide you, on number 2, get food high in calories and protein, they help alot
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by alexalexalex: 4:39am On Jan 14
seunH:
It's okay provided you don't observe any adverse effects
Thank you so much
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by omejeb: 6:31pm On Jan 18
I am a nurse can I give my dogs vaccines by my self if yes please what is the name of the injections and where do I buy them ?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:49am On Jan 20
omejeb:
I am a nurse can I give my dogs vaccines by my self if yes please what is the name of the injections and where do I buy them ?
Good morning ma, trust your day is fine. In the veterinary profession, things are not done that way or else you would fall into the hands of quacks. Firstly, those vaccines are not over the counter drugs, they require a veterinary license for it to be sold, secondly you'll need a vaccination card for your dog, which follows a specific schedule, this you can only get in a registered Vet clinic/hospital. In conclusion it better you go to the nearest Vet clinic and let the Vets handle your pet or else you'll fall into the hand of quacks

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by goldhn(m): 2:26pm On Jan 25
Good afternoon mr seun. I have a two month old Caucasian puppy. I observed he has not been eating for past two days. He had this watery stool which has stopped since yesterday after I gave him flagyl. But he isn’t eating at all, and now dull. What can I do sir, I called someone who knows a lot about dog he suggested the dog has parvo virus but I don’t think that’s true. What can I do?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:18pm On Jan 25
goldhn:
Good afternoon mr seun. I have a two month old Caucasian puppy. I observed he has not been eating for past two days. He had this watery stool which has stopped since yesterday after I gave him flagyl. But he isn’t eating at all, and now dull. What can I do sir, I called someone who knows a lot about dog he suggested the dog has parvo virus but I don’t think that’s true. What can I do?
Good evening sir, take him straight to a Veterinary hospital ASAP
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Cheinvestments: 9:39am On Jan 26
Hi good morning.
My 5 months Eskimo has been vomiting since yesterday. I can’t say exactly what happened to her, but she isn’t active as she was, she looks weak, she hasn’t eaten, she pee just once yesterday and then this morning, please I don’t know what’s wrong, kindly help.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by THEPACIFIST: 12:35pm On Jan 26
Hi good afternoon,
My 11wks Gsd vomited a foamy white mucus-like substance with smelly poop 2 days ago, I told the vet what I observed and he said Parvo
He started treating with him, and said he would give him an IV yesterday, but the moment the vet left on Wednesday, he was active and barking although with a limp in the leg where he was injected. He is even walking fine now, no limp at all and received another injection today.
He ate a little food later that evening with the advice of the vet since he hasnt eaten for close to 24hours, and he didn't vomit the food.
Now the vet ruled out Parvo and he reduced his treatment days to 3 days but my concern now is, he has lost appetite for food again today, he ate yesterday, the whole can. And his poop was normal and not smelly.
But today he won't even touch his food at all only drank water, just lying down with a little rumbling in his stomach every few minutes but will bark if there is a knock on the gate.
Should I be worried or is it the injections that is making him weak and with little appetite. Thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:13pm On Jan 26
Cheinvestments:
Hi good morning.
My 5 months Eskimo has been vomiting since yesterday. I can’t say exactly what happened to her, but she isn’t active as she was, she looks weak, she hasn’t eaten, she pee just once yesterday and then this morning, please I don’t know what’s wrong, kindly help.
Good evening sir, keep her hydrated and warm and prepare to take her to the Vet hospital. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:20pm On Jan 26
THEPACIFIST:
Hi good afternoon,
My 11wks Gsd vomited a foamy white mucus-like substance with smelly poop 2 days ago, I told the vet what I observed and he said Parvo
He started treating with him, and said he would give him an IV yesterday, but the moment the vet left on Wednesday, he was active and barking although with a limp in the leg where he was injected. He is even walking fine now, no limp at all and received another injection today. Good evening sir, first is the person a qualified Vet because I'm wondering why he didn't refer this serious case to the clinic. Meanwhile I'll advise you go to the hospital where a thorough test would be done and appropriate treatment initiated. Meanwhile I'll be on standby
He ate a little food later that evening with the advice of the vet since he hasnt eaten for close to 24hours, and he didn't vomit the food.
Now the vet ruled out Parvo and he reduced his treatment days to 3 days but my concern now is, he has lost appetite for food again today, he ate yesterday, the whole can. And his poop was normal and not smelly.
But today he won't even touch his food at all only drank water, just lying down with a little rumbling in his stomach every few minutes but will bark if there is a knock on the gate.
Should I be worried or is it the injections that is making him weak and with little appetite. Thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 9:48pm On Jan 27
Mr Seun Good evening

I want to ask just to be sure my vet is doing the right thing tho.

I have about 6 pups which are 6week+ old and he advice i cut their tails which he came over to do today but he advice we do it a different way cuz i didn't want to see my pups hurting honestly, he used rubber band to tie the point of amputation and then injected them with something i think a pain relief. He said it will fall off by it self with no blood in 3-4 days , Is that an alternative way that works?

If any advice I'll appreciate
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:32am On Jan 29
majortwild:
Mr Seun Good evening

I want to ask just to be sure my vet is doing the right thing tho.

I have about 6 pups which are 6week+ old and he advice i cut their tails which he came over to do today but he advice we do it a different way cuz i didn't want to see my pups hurting honestly, he used rubber band to tie the point of amputation and then injected them with something i think a pain relief. He said it will fall off by it self with no blood in 3-4 days , Is that an alternative way that works?

If any advice I'll appreciate
Good morning sir, once you can confirm that he is a qualified and registered veterinarian, then put your mind at rest. Such amputate method is possible but requires a skilled and qualified practitioner, that's why I wanted you to confirm sir. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:35am On Jan 29
THEPACIFIST:
Hi good afternoon,
He started treating with him, and said he would give him an IV yesterday, but the moment the vet left on Wednesday, he was active and barking although with a limp in the leg where he was injected. He is even walking fine now, no limp at all and received another injection today. Good morning sir, I'm so sorry sir, I thought I had responded to this message. I'll suggest you go to a Veterinary hospital for thorough examination. This is for you to be on the safe side. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by THEPACIFIST: 11:38am On Jan 29
[quote author=seunH post=128178209][/quote]
So sorry I didn't see your reply since it wasn't explicit, I only noticed your reply now that I saw a new mention.
The dog is fine now, active, playful and alert.
His ailment wasn't Parvo although every of his symptoms was synonymous with Parvo. The vet only assumed it was Parvo due to what I told him. I would have used a clinic where a proper diagnosis would have been carried out but I have none nearby or any that I know of.
Back to the issue, after reading so many things online I concluded he must have been suffering from overeating, bloating and or indigestion. I am a first time owner, and I was truly giving him plenty food(booster can and soaked Jojo dry food). His tummy was always round and bulky. I have reduced his food now and observing him closely. Thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 11:48am On Jan 29
seunH:
Good morning sir, once you can confirm that he is a qualified and registered veterinarian, then put your mind at rest. Such amputate method is possible but requires a skilled and qualified practitioner, that's why I wanted you to confirm sir. I'll be on standby

Yes he is certified and has been my vet doc for a year now , my only worry is i have never seen such method before because normally they just chop it off and stich it up but using rubber band to cut off blood supply throughout the tail is something new to me tho. But if you say it's another good method then my mind would be at rest , rn I'm super worried. He said it will fall off in 3 to 4days by it self with no blood
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:28pm On Jan 29
majortwild:

Yes he is certified and has been my vet doc for a year now , my only worry is i have never seen such method before because normally they just chop it off and stich it up but using rubber band to cut off blood supply throughout the tail is something new to me tho. But if you say it's another good method then my mind would be at rest , rn I'm super worried. He said it will fall off in 3 to 4days by it self with no blood
Put your mind at rest sir, all is well

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

Obituary Poster Of A Dog That Died In Ghana (Photo) / Monkey Grabs A Girl's Clothe In The Zoo - Photo / Look At The Chameleon I Caught On My Way To The Hostel From Ball House Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.