Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (67080 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 11:41am On Jan 30
seunH:
Put your mind at rest sir, all is well

Alright sir, please i also have a pressing issue.

As at on Saturday one of my Boerboel puppies that was vaccinated for the first time and dewormed suddenly stopped eating, she had i gave her golden morn and milk with booster dry food mixed together she didn't eat only tasted it and then left it, i also noticed live worms in her stool same as other puppies since their deworming on Saturday last week. But other puppies are eating very fine and healthy as well only that one has the issue .(i noticed once the mum comes in contact with the puppies she wants to drink more of breast milk but the mum isn't producing any milk again so that's a problem. I honestly dont know what to do , my bet suggested i give her Zentel 5ml single dose to help the deworming process. What's ur suggestion sir? She's really losing weight soooo bad due to lack of food
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:47am On Jan 30
majortwild:

Alright sir, please i also have a pressing issue.

As at on Saturday one of my Boerboel puppies that was vaccinated for the first time and dewormed suddenly stopped eating, she had i gave her golden morn and milk with booster dry food mixed together she didn't eat only tasted it and then left it, i also noticed live worms in her stool same as other puppies since their deworming on Saturday last week. But other puppies are eating very fine and healthy as well only that one has the issue .(i noticed once the mum comes in contact with the puppies she wants to drink more of breast milk but the mum isn't producing any milk again so that's a problem. I honestly dont know what to do , my bet suggested i give her Zentel 5ml single dose to help the deworming process. What's ur suggestion sir? She's really losing weight soooo bad due to lack of food
since your Vet placed her on Zentel single dose, let's be observant for 3 days if there is any improvement. Update me as it goes
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 3:40pm On Jan 30
seunH:
since your Vet placed her on Zentel single dose, let's be observant for 3 days if there is any improvement. Update me as it goes

Alright sir thank you soo much Mr Seun.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 5:58pm On Jan 30
Also Mr seun someone suggested this cream called Kirchi for Treatment of Mange , is it effective?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:05pm On Jan 30
majortwild:
Also Mr seun someone suggested this cream called Kirchi for Treatment of Mange , is it effective?
Use Armitraz sir, I can't vouch for Kirchi
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 1:14pm On Jan 31
seunH:
Use Armitraz sir, I can't vouch for Kirchi

Someone said Armitraz isn't good for puppies of 7weeks old
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:23pm On Jan 31
majortwild:

Someone said Armitraz isn't good for puppies of 7weeks old
He is right, it's shouldn't be used for pups under 4 months. Then we need to go for systemic treatment. Visit your Vet, he will guide you better
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 4:34pm On Jan 31
seunH:
He is right, it's shouldn't be used for pups under 4 months. Then we need to go for systemic treatment. Visit your Vet, he will guide you better

Yea he was the one who gave me the kirchi lotion to use on them
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:41pm On Jan 31
majortwild:

Yea he was the one who gave me the kirchi lotion to use on them
Then you can go ahead, if you're sure he is a qualified and registered Vet, I'll be on standby

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 6:58pm On Jan 31
Although I doubt the effectiveness of Kirchi as it's a topical antibiotics not a scabicide (drug for mange)
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 6:58pm On Jan 31
seunH:
Then you can go ahead, if you're sure he is a qualified and registered Vet, I'll be on standby
Although I doubt the effectiveness of Kirchi as it's a topical antibiotics not a scabicide (drug for mange)
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 7:38pm On Jan 31
seunH:

What other alternative do u suggest? That is very effective for their age
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:14pm On Jan 31
majortwild:

What other alternative do u suggest? That is very effective for their age
You can go with your Vet, since you've confirmed him to be qualified, just update me if there are no changes
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 10:44pm On Jan 31
seunH:
You can go with your Vet, since you've confirmed him to be qualified, just update me if there are no changes

Alright Mr Seun
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Emprexxcomie: 2:12pm On Feb 01
My dog has been itching his ears. I got endi ear cleanser but it only gives him temporary relief. I doubt it’s ear mites because he’s on Bravecto and I read the drugs handles that too.
He’s a Lhasa apso. Will be 1 year this month.

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Steamworld: 9:31pm On Feb 01
Please my 7months GSD don't eat like expected, always give him chicken head and leg with cooked rice, but the dog will just eat the chicken heads and legs without eating the rice at all or little. Pl3ase would I do to make him eat more..thank you
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:35pm On Feb 01
Emprexxcomie:
My dog has been itching his ears. I got endi ear cleanser but it only gives him temporary relief. I doubt it’s ear mites because he’s on Bravecto and I read the drugs handles that too.
He’s a Lhasa apso. Will be 1 year this month.
Good evening sir, sincerely I'll advise you place him on antibiotics since you've ruled out ear mites, these antibiotics would be effective against bacterial ear infection like otitis. Your Vet would guide you on the best antibiotics for you pet
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:37pm On Feb 01
Steamworld:
Please my 7months GSD don't eat like expected, always give him chicken head and leg with cooked rice, but the dog will just eat the chicken heads and legs without eating the rice at all or little. Pl3ase would I do to make him eat more..thank you
Good evening sir, give him multivitamins esp Vitamin C, then prepare to take him for general check up in the clinic, I'll be on standby

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Steamworld: 6:52am On Feb 02
seunH:
Good evening sir, give him multivitamins esp Vitamin C, then prepare to take him for general check up in the clinic, I'll be on standby

Good morning Sir, please what's the best multivitamins I should give
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:35am On Feb 02
Steamworld:

Good morning Sir, please what's the best multivitamins I should give
Vitamin C for pets or Incase you don't see you can use human vit C

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Emprexxcomie: 10:38am On Feb 02
seunH:
Good evening sir, sincerely I'll advise you place him on antibiotics since you've ruled out ear mites, these antibiotics would be effective against bacterial ear infection like otitis. Your Vet would guide you on the best antibiotics for you pet

Alright thank you so much
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by JeoCutie(f): 9:53pm On Feb 03
Good Evening Dr Seun,
My dog is always scratching his body, face, ears (I noticed yellowish dry stuff in his ears which I cleaned up) and licking his paws. The skin around one of his underarms is red and has dried yellowish stuff at the root.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 4:36pm On Feb 04
JeoCutie:
Good Evening Dr Seun,
My dog is always scratching his body, face, ears (I noticed yellowish dry stuff in his ears which I cleaned up) and licking his paws. The skin around one of his underarms is red and has dried yellowish stuff at the root.
Good evening, I'm suspecting mite infestation. Get Armitraz bath and follow manufacturer's instruction. Then you'll get antibiotics for the ear infection. You may need to routinely deworm your pet. The antibiotics should be under your Vet's prescription but you can dm me if you don't have any
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 6:56pm On Feb 04
Mr Seun , please i want you to enlighten us on how to treat parvo just incase one doesn't have access to a vet doc or the vet available isn't professional.

Because in my case i lost a GSD last year and it pained me because the vet didn't take the treatment serious despite, from my knowledge you are to put it on antibiotics and IV fluid but none of that was done
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by JeoCutie(f): 7:56pm On Feb 04
seunH:
Good evening, I'm suspecting mite infestation. Get Armitraz bath and follow manufacturer's instruction. Then you'll get antibiotics for the ear infection. You may need to routinely deworm your pet. The antibiotics should be under your Vet's prescription but you can dm me if you don't have any

I just sent you a mail. Thank you
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:19pm On Feb 04
JeoCutie:

I just sent you a mail. Thank you
I've just responded
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by alexalexalex: 1:20pm On Feb 08
Mr Seun. Is it normal for my pregnant dog to starting shedding? is it part of pregnancy symptoms?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:14pm On Feb 09
alexalexalex:
Mr Seun. Is it normal for my pregnant dog to starting shedding? is it part of pregnancy symptoms?
Provided you're not seeing any other symptoms and she appears healthy, please put your mind at rest
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 6:25pm On Feb 13
Mr Seun Good evening

Please my Boerboel hasn't been eating of lately especially her dry food she just take a few bit and that's all even normal food sef she no gree chop unless if it's cereal or meat. She was on Vitamin E syrup as of last month cuz she was lacking it after she gave birth few months back. Please what do u suggest i do as I'm confused?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:27pm On Feb 13
majortwild:
Mr Seun Good evening

Please my Boerboel hasn't been eating of lately especially her dry food she just take a few bit and that's all even normal food sef she no gree chop unless if it's cereal or meat. She was on Vitamin E syrup as of last month cuz she was lacking it after she gave birth few months back. Please what do u suggest i do as I'm confused?
Be patient sir, while you give her multivitamins esp Vitamin C, then start with her favorite food. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 10:45pm On Feb 13
seunH:
Be patient sir, while you give her multivitamins esp Vitamin C, then start with her favorite food. I'll be on standby
ok sir
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by alexalexalex: 11:32pm On Feb 19
Mr Seun.

Please I want to know if it's advisable to deworm my pregnant dog

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

Obituary Poster Of A Dog That Died In Ghana (Photo) / Monkey Grabs A Girl's Clothe In The Zoo - Photo / Look At The Chameleon I Caught On My Way To The Hostel From Ball House Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.