Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (67078 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:46am On Feb 20
alexalexalex:
Mr Seun.

Please I want to know if it's advisable to deworm my pregnant dog
It depends on the active ingredient of the dewormer and the stage of pregnancy. But personally if the worm infestation is not severe, ill advice you to be patient sir
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by alexalexalex: 11:05am On Feb 20
Alright thank you. I will just let her be
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by alexalexalex: 11:05am On Feb 20
seunH:
It depends on the active ingredient of the dewormer and the stage of pregnancy. But personally if the worm infestation is not severe, ill advice you to be patient sir
Alright thank you I will just let her be
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by alexalexalex: 7:25pm On Feb 23
Mr Seun.

Please my dog is 50 days pregnant and she vomited like 4 times today. And this include all the food she ate and throughout. What can I do? But she's active though
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:30pm On Feb 23
alexalexalex:
Mr Seun.

Please my dog is 50 days pregnant and she vomited like 4 times today. And this include all the food she ate and throughout. What can I do? But she's active though
She is in a sensitive period. You'll need to first find out the cause of the vomit, could it be the food? Environment etc or are you observing any sickness symptoms? That would guide us in the next step while you prepare to take her to the clinic
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by alexalexalex: 7:34pm On Feb 23
seunH:
She is in a sensitive period. You'll need to first find out the cause of the vomit, could it be the food? Environment etc or are you observing any sickness symptoms? That would guide us in the next step while you prepare to take her to the clinic

I didn't change their food. And she's in a good environment. Nothing has changed about her
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by alexalexalex: 8:09pm On Feb 23
seunH:
Or do you think it might be the multivitamin I gave her yesterday?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:29pm On Feb 23
alexalexalex:

Or do you think it might be the multivitamin I gave her yesterday?
It may also be pregnancy hormonal changes, I doubt if it's the multivitamin, but to be on the safe side, try and get her checked
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by alexalexalex: 10:11pm On Feb 23
seunH:
It may also be pregnancy hormonal changes, I doubt if it's the multivitamin, but to be on the safe side, try and get her checked

Alright thank you
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by elpochas: 10:11am On Feb 24
seunH:
It may d
Good day SeunH.Pls my dog Ear was injured by files,pls what can I apply on it.cos the wound is getting worst.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:17am On Feb 24
elpochas:
Good day SeunH.Pls my dog Ear was injured by files,pls what can I apply on it.cos the wound is getting worst.
Good morning sir, if you wouldn't mind sharing the picture, so as for us to know the extent of injury
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by elpochas: 3:42pm On Feb 24
seunH:
Good morning sir, if you wouldn't mind sharing the picture, so as for us to know the extent of injury

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:51pm On Feb 24
[quote author=elpochas post=128625367][/quote] This is an open wound, clean the area with a mild soap and water, then apply GV on the wound, this should drive flies away and promote wound healing, if the flies are still an issue get fly repellent spray. Then administer vitamin C
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by elpochas: 6:02pm On Feb 24
seunH:
This is an open wound, clean the area with a mild soap and water, then apply GV on the wound, this should drive flies away and promote wound healing, if the flies are still an issue get fly repellent spray. Then administer vitamin C
Thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by samistry(m): 4:11pm On Feb 28
Good day doctor. I have an 8 months Caucasian that doesn't listen to me unlike my gsd.
Whenever i beat her, she bares her teeth at me and bites the stick.
Please how do i discipline her appropriately?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Sampike(m): 10:24pm On Feb 28
Good evening Mr Seun
please what formula of food can I give my dogs, gsd and boerboel, have used different type of food and not really coming up
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 12:07am On Feb 29
Sampike:
Good evening Mr Seun
please what formula of food can I give my dogs, gsd and boerboel, have used different type of food and not really coming up
what age are they sir?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by holluphemydavid(m): 1:36pm On Feb 29
Pls is there a whatsapp group for the dog owner? Just come accross dis thread now, never know a thread like dis exist since. Thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by samistry(m): 6:40am On Mar 01
Hello, Sir. I'm having issues correcting my Caucasian. She doesn't listen to me like my gsd.
When i resort to beating her, she growls her teeth and bites the stick.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 12:38pm On Mar 01
samistry:
Hello, Sir. I'm having issues correcting my Caucasian. She doesn't listen to me like my gsd.
When i resort to beating her, she growls her teeth and bites the stick.
Try the reward system and avoid breathing her, she may grow wild and difficult to control. Sometimes such behaviors may be genetic and there is little you can do about it
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Sampike(m): 10:40pm On Mar 02
The gsd is 6month and the boerboel is 10month
seunH:
what age are they sir?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:08pm On Mar 02
Sampike:
The gsd is 6month and the boerboel is 10month
Administer multivitamins and make her diet rich in calorie while you ensure you routinely deworm. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Sampike(m): 4:44pm On Mar 03
Okay thanks alot sir, really appreciate it
Please what are those foods with calories and I'm planning on getting this food tomorrow cuz I notice they come up alittle when I bought 5kg of it last month, should I go ahead with it sir?
seunH:
Administer multivitamins and make her diet rich in calorie while you ensure you routinely deworm. I'll be on standby

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:55pm On Mar 03
Sampike:
Okay thanks alot sir, really appreciate it
Please what are those foods with calories and I'm planning on getting this food tomorrow cuz I notice they come up alittle when I bought 5kg of it last month, should I go ahead with it sir?
Food rich in carbohydrate. Of course you can go ahead
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Sampike(m): 6:21pm On Mar 03
Okay thanks alot sir
seunH:
Food rich in carbohydrate. Of course you can go ahead
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by samistry(m): 1:14pm On Mar 08
Good day, sir. I found a sudden sore on the foot of my dog.
I hardly release her to walk around.
Please what could be the cause?

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:28am On Mar 09
samistry:
Good day, sir. I found a sudden sore on the foot of my dog.
I hardly release her to walk around.
Please what could be the cause?
Please can you give me more information about what is really going on
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by adesammie(m): 10:57am On Mar 13
Good Morning Doc, I just bought a Boerboel puppy (male) of 2 months ago and was brought to me (my house) on Sunday. The puppy hasn't been eaten the spiced crunchies I have been given to him (meanwhile according to the breeder he loves the spiced crunchies so much), he will only lick the egg and the canned food i used to spice the crunchies. He hasn't been taken anything except canned food (Royal Max) and sometime, he will not even eat the canned food excitingly, maybe eat little and then return to it later. He did not take the pap I prepared for him last night and the crunchies I prepared along with the pap (I did that so he could choose between the two). He did not touch them except to lick up the wet food (canned food) I used to spice the crunchies. Around 11pm when I observed he did not take the two meal I prepared, I decided to give him half of a canned food which I noticed he ate.

This morning before I left for the office I observed he threw up. Because I was running late I only manage to clean the cage and left some canned food spice with boiled egg for him, I am not even sure if he will eat it. What can I do and could be responsible?

NB: He has been vaccinated once but a Vet will be coming on Friday to give him the 2nd shot. Although from the card I was given by the breeder he was due for the 2nd shot on March 5. He was dewormed too during the 1st shot.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:36pm On Mar 13
adesammie:
Good Morning Doc, I just bought a Boerboel puppy (male) of 2 months ago and was brought to me (my house) on Sunday. The puppy hasn't been eaten the spiced crunchies I have been given to him (meanwhile according to the breeder he loves the spiced crunchies so much), he will only lick the egg and the canned food i used to spice the crunchies. He hasn't been taken anything except canned food (Royal Max) and sometime, he will not even eat the canned food excitingly, maybe eat little and then return to it later. He did not take the pap I prepared for him last night and the crunchies I prepared along with the pap (I did that so he could choose between the two). He did not touch them except to lick up the wet food (canned food) I used to spice the crunchies. Around 11pm when I observed he did not take the two meal I prepared, I decided to give him half of a canned food which I noticed he ate.

This morning before I left for the office I observed he threw up. Because I was running late I only manage to clean the cage and left some canned food spice with boiled egg for him, I am not even sure if he will eat it. What can I do and could be responsible?

NB: He has been vaccinated once but a Vet will be coming on Friday to give him the 2nd shot. Although from the card I was given by the breeder he was due for the 2nd shot on March 5. He was dewormed too during the 1st shot.

I am so sorry for what your pet is going through. Ill advice we allow the Vet conduct an evaluation, that will enable us pin point the cause. Meanwhile, ill be on stand by
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by alexalexalex: 8:37pm On Mar 13
Hello Dr. Which deworming medication is good for adult Eskimo. Is it shanuzole or tablet. If shanuzole, how much should I administer. I have a dog that just gave birth 4 days ago too, I also want to ask if I can deworm her. Thank you
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:21am On Mar 14
alexalexalex:
Hello Dr. Which deworming medication is good for adult Eskimo. Is it shanuzole or tablet. If shanuzole, how much should I administer. I have a dog that just gave birth 4 days ago too, I also want to ask if I can deworm her. Thank you
Ill advice that you should be patient a lil bit if the worm infestation is not severe, let her recover from the stress of labor. Ill be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by majortwild(m): 9:59am On Mar 23
Mr Seun please my Boerboel has stop eating of lately even the regular food is normally eats it doesn't eat it anymore I have also dewormed of recent, sometimes it will eat sometimes it won't the last time this happened it took 2 days before he could get back to how she used to eat. Even when I give her vitamin C is still did not help please what can I do. She's also not showing any signs of sickness, if there's any medication u can suggest I'll be glad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

Obituary Poster Of A Dog That Died In Ghana (Photo) / Monkey Grabs A Girl's Clothe In The Zoo - Photo / Look At The Chameleon I Caught On My Way To The Hostel From Ball House Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.