Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

7 Things Every Single Lady Needs To Know About Owo Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Things Every Single Lady Needs To Know About Owo Men (478 Views)

"I Cannot Believe I'm Still Single" - Lady Shares Bikini Photos, Gets Epic Reply / Things Every Lady Should Do Before Getting Married / Single Lady Traps Neighbour’s Husband With N200,000 For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Things Every Single Lady Needs To Know About Owo Men by Segzee1(m): 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2020
7 Things Every Single Lady Needs To Know About Owo Men

As Owo demon(swaggerlicous) and Ibile gan-gan, I find it irritating when I am being judged by the misconceptions people have about my people. Some of these judgments are baseless.

Intiatlly I was trying to married outside my tribe and my fiancee was being advised against marrying an Owo person, listing out all the characters of Owo people without even seeing me for once.

It is high time that we as a new generation had to move past it, and fully accept our flaws and imperfections on an individual basis and not as a community.

I am not here to defend the men in my home town, but here to tell you the actions of 9 out of 10 people in the same community does not mean they all behave the same behavior, we must learn to give people a chance based on their person and not based on where they came from, they never choose to come from that particular community so they should not be judged by it then.

Here are some blatant lies against Owo men.

#1 Owo Men Love Women

This misconception is totally false and a blatant lie, personally I am yet to see a man from any tribe that does not love women. Women are the salt of the earth, any occasion without the present of women it will be bored.
I agree to some extent that some Owo men love women and can’t do without them, but men from other tribes, ethics, towns and community also like women. So this issue does not limit to one town, naturally men are moved by sight.
And I have seen some Owo men who hardly have time for women, and are very less interested in having an affair with more than one woman.
I feel this behaviour is a personal trait and should not be generalized. The same people that will categorise you as someone that love women will be the same person that will chase after everything in skirts as far they have money to spend.

#2 Owo men marry more than one wife

This only happened in the olden days where our fathers married more than one wife and bear more children so that they can help them on their farm lands and this is not limited to Owo community alone.
We are now in 21 century nobody marry more than one wife again most Owo men only practice one man one wife.

#3 Owo men are dirty

Once again personal hygiene is on an individual basis, and his background, the personal hygiene of some people should not affect all. Meeting an average Owo man will make you drop this misconception fast.

#4 Owo men are lazy and depend on their wife

I personally, I am hardworking and dislike the idea of even demanding anything from my wife not to talk of living on my wife’s income, and there are over a hundreds people who also share and act on this opinion.

#5 Owo men are drunkards

Hmm, hello have you ever been to other towns and communities.
Drinking is a personal stuff.
Most men love to drink, so it should not be attributed to one tribe.

#6 Owo Men are not bold

From the mouth of many people, you would have heard about how an Owo person loves to brag and shout, but when it comes to facing a fight, he runs away or becomes a coward.
First of all, nobody likes violence or danger, in the face of it, only a fool will wait and face danger, if he has the option of avoiding it. That is not to say if the situation warrants a confrontation, every Owo person will become cowards.
I know for a fact this is a big lie, I have seen some very violent Owo people and I think to myself is this the people that is cowardice. If you don’t believe me, try to provoke an average of Ehinogbe, Uloro, Ugboroko men you will know that there is different between 6 and half a dozen. But no matter what we should discourage violence.

#7 Owo men beat their wife

This is another misconception about the ever loving and caring Owo men. Owo town are mixed with different people from many neighboring towns an villages and these people have stay longer in Owo town. Whenever there is domestic fight and these set of people are speaking the Owo language many people will believe that Owo men are beating their wives. Owo men love their wife and they don’t beat their women.

Written by Àyéòtán Johnson Kehinde

https://dailyfamily.ng/7-things-every-single-lady-needs-to-know-about-owo-men/

Re: 7 Things Every Single Lady Needs To Know About Owo Men by CanadaOrBust: 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2020
Ok
Re: 7 Things Every Single Lady Needs To Know About Owo Men by nlPoster: 3:51pm On Feb 04, 2020
Oh boy.

Are the OP or the writer Yoruba?

The write up sounds non Yoruba.

Perhaps it was forwarded to someone with a Yoruba name ?

(1) (Reply)

Guess What Just Happened On The Eve Of Val? / For The Exhausted Woman Who Hides A Few Minutes To Cry In The Bathroom… / Romance, How To Get Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.