Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,261 members, 7,811,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (610181 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by NoTimeZone(m): 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Try other debit cards but note that different banks charge you at their own exchange rate!
Eg: I have euro domination with T212.
Zenith charged me at 440.
Fidelity 530
Access 526 for the same amount of €.

The $500 monthly cap is from CBN not the banks.
Although some offer $1000 cap but at high rate.
Nigeria sucks I know
Do you know how much Zenith Bank would charge me to transfer from my Dom account to Trading212 using my mobile app?

And is there a limit to how much I can receive in Dollars to either my Dom or Naira account?

Lastly, am I charged for money paid to my dom account? (I was told this by an acquaintance of mine)

Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
NoTimeZone:
Do you know how much Zenith Bank would charge me to transfer from my Dom account to Trading212 using my mobile app? I honestly don’t know. I don’t have dom account with ZenithBank
And is there a limit to how much I can receive in Dollars to either my Dom or Naira account? No limit if you’re using a Dom account or Dom usd card

Lastly, am I charged for money paid to my dom account? (I was told this by an acquaintance of mine): not sure

Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2020
NoTimeZone:
Me wondering why airline stocks are soaring amid the coronavirus

"Vaccine optimism". Even though what most people want is an actual vaccine.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by KCnaira(m): 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2020

Good day guyz
Do u think its a good idea to sell 45$ ENPH 59$ and 2.05$ BGFV 3.15$ today Friday 1800 GMT as my short term play? Or still hold till next week... Any idea whats pushing both stocks? because i can't see any PR directly linking them to swing high so fast..
My small tip to the house, look at VIAC Cl B, STWD, WBT and DD for medium to long term profits
3.6 million Covid infected in the US and counting, How will next week market look like �

This trove bamboo charges, are making selling a bit hard, can't wait till am back in NG to effortlessly set up and verify my trading 212 account and deposit more USD.. Access Bank is the worst, with very inefficient/outdated customer service.

cc skymoore1004 Jayjaycee18 OakPearl

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bulespephilo(m): 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2020
Good day guys

Please I'm still finding it difficult to fund my T212 account via the Gpay route.
Please someone give me a simple breakdown of steps you use in funding your account... Maybe I'm not doing something right.
Thanks in.anticipation.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
KCnaira:

Good day guyz
Do u think its a good idea to sell 45$ ENPH 59$ and 2.05$ BGFV 3.15$ today Friday 1800 GMT as my short term play? Or still hold till next week... Any idea whats pushing both stocks? because i can't see any PR directly linking them to swing high so fast..
My small tip to the house, look at VIAC Cl B, STWD, WBT and DD for medium to long term profits
3.6 million Covid infected in the US and counting, How will next week market look like �

This trove bamboo charges, are making selling a bit hard, can't wait till am back in NG to effortlessly set up and verify my trading 212 account and deposit more USD.. Access Bank is the worst, with very inefficient/outdated customer service.

How much does bamboo charge?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2020
Just thought this (photo below) will help smiley.

P: S - kindly move to trading212 if you want to invest with good smile. I’m not trying to spoil their business but I see no reason why they should charge 1.5% to buy/sell. Also charge you at higher rate than black market but sell lower than bm selling price. Pure rip off. I’m referring to bamboo here but I think trove is even higher, ns.
KCnaira:

Good day guyz

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
1.5% buy and another 1.5% sell
OvaSabi1:

How much does bamboo charge?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
Skymoore1004:
1.5% buy and another 1.5% sell

So, let's say you want to sell shares worth $100, you will be charged $1.5? How does this compare with the others like trading 212? Thank you in advance.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
No, you will be charged 1.5% of $100.
Trading 212 doesn’t charge anything
OvaSabi1:

So, let's say you want to sell shares worth $100, you will be charged $1.5? How does this compare with the others like trading 212? Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Aquilapriscilla: 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
OvaSabi1:

Trading 212 won't charge you anything

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 9:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
Skymoore1004:
No, you will be charged 1.5% of $100.
Trading 212 doesn’t charge anything
Thank you skymoore1004. How do I make deposits and what exchange rates does 212 use? (Buying and selling)
Cc: Acquilapriscilla
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2020
Deposits via Gpay or Dom account.
T212 doesn’t determine the exchange rate, but your bank.
OvaSabi1:

Thank you skymoore1004. How do I make deposits and what exchange rates does 212 use? (Buying and selling)
Cc: Acquilapriscilla

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Deposits via Gpay or Dom account.
T212 doesn’t determine the exchange rate, but your bank.
Is gpay google pay?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
Also, when withdrawing from bamboo, which rate is charged? It charged 474 for a deposit today.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2020
Yes
OvaSabi1:

Is gpay google pay?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 10:57pm On Jul 17, 2020
464 is what you will withdrawal at today
OvaSabi1:
Also, when withdrawing from bamboo, which rate is charged? It charged 474 for a deposit today.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Alexandre7: 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2020
4Play:

I think Moderna's positive vaccine trials is boosting so called cyclical stocks: airlines, cruiselines, hotels, cinemas, apparel, etc.

These stocks have suffered immensely due to the pandemic so any suggestion of progress on the vaccine front boosts them.

True.

I mostly focus on Options Trading now.

Made about $5000+ by buying 10 contracts each of $MRNA & $SPCE today.

Moderna Positive Vaccine Trial News helped lift up the market.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 11:12pm On Jul 17, 2020
Skymoore1004:
464 is what you will withdrawal at today

So annoying. Why?

Thanks.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 11:22pm On Jul 17, 2020
Welcome smiley
OvaSabi1:

So annoying. Why?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Madisonsqua(m): 1:38am On Jul 18, 2020
I used to believe I'm quite smart, but how I missed out on stock trading till just recently still amazes me.....I started my trial and error after going thru this thread......I did really good at the beginning, raised my portfolio to about +40% then FOMO sets in and I sold my stock to buy what was trending.....but I learnt a big lesson that FOMO is a big disease in trading....do ur due diligence and read reports from experts.

I lost all my profit but luckily I didn't loose any of my capital $15k. I start allover again as i got a little bit more comfortable.....now my portfolio is up 67%...... i only own NVAX,DVAX and APHA at the moment.... I read a report on NVAX few weeks ago and i got in at $62.....

QCOM and USB on my list for long hold.....

Thanks to everyone contributing immensely to this thread.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 10:48am On Jul 18, 2020
Both $ENPH and $BGFV are good stocks. Even though Enphase Energy ($ENPH) has a very high ROE (72%), its high ROE came at the expense of huge debts/borrowing with debt to equity ratio of 1.25%. Both $ENPH and $BGFV are down 0.28% and 0.32% in after hours of trading on Friday, July 17, but this could change by Monday, July 20.

Hence, the decision to either sell or hold is yours to make, if your analysis show that both stocks have reached or exceeded your initial investment objective(s)(e.g. factors like 20-50% share price appreciation, 10% dividend yield etc.).

I keyed into AztraZeneca ($AZN) yesterday on news that results from its Covid-19 vaccine trials, which were conducted with the Oxford University UK, would be released on Monday, 20th July. Feelers from the grapevine are that $AZN covid-19 vaccine may be relatively more effective with fewer and milder side effects than previous covid-19 vaccines being tested by competitors. Also, Russia announced a deal with $AZN for its covid-19 vaccine yesterday, July 17.

I bought afolabi units of $AZN yesterday at $58.5 and it closed at $61.1, while quoted at $63.15 (3.36% up) after hours of Friday, July 17 trading. I expect more from this stock, if it releases a very positive news on its covid-19 vaccine on Monday, July 20. As always, due diligence is required.

Bonne chance!!!

KCnaira:

Good day guyz

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Both $ENPH and $BGFV are good stocks. Even though Enphase Energy ($ENPH) has a very high ROE (72%), its high ROE came at the expense of huge debts/borrowing with debt to equity ratio of 1.25%. Both $ENPH and $BGFV are down 0.28% and 0.32% in after hours of trading on Friday, July 17, but this could change by Monday, July 20.

Hence, the decision to either sell or hold is yours to make, if your analysis show that both stocks have reached or exceeded your initial investment objective(s)(e.g. factors like 20-50% share price appreciation, 10% dividend yield etc.).

I keyed into AztraZeneca ($AZN) yesterday on news that results from its Covid-19 vaccine trials, which were conducted with the Oxford University UK, would be released on Monday, 20th July. Feelers from the grapevine are that $AZN covid-19 vaccine may be relatively more effective with fewer and milder side effects than previous covid-19 vaccines being tested by competitors. Also, Russia announced a deal with $AZN for its covid-19 vaccine yesterday, July 17.

I bought afolabi units of $AZN yesterday at $58.5 and it closed at $61.1, while quoted at $63.15 (3.36% up) after hours of Friday, July 17 trading. I expect more from this stock, if it releases a very positive news on its covid-19 vaccine on Monday, July 20. As always, due diligence is required.

Bonne chance!!!

Lolz.. Chief, what's the meaning of Afolabi units?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
Is anybody here still holding on to $NKLA?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2020
Best trade for me this month is HCA $ THC. I swing HCA for $94.78 and sold for $106. 31 why THC I swing five hundred stocks for $16.84 yesterday the stock was $22.74 am still holding

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2020
Hahahahaha...Afolabi units was popularized in the Stockmarketnigeria.com (SMN) forum, which is now extinct and the term is also regularly used on Nairaland in the NSEMPA (Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Alert Picks) forum. Picking Afolabi units means to buy small quantities of a stock on a consistent basis, in order to gradually build up your portfolio. For US stocks, I consider the purchase of any quantity under 50units as Afolabi units.

According to one of the most experienced NSEMPA and SMN stock investors (@emmanuelewumi), "Mr. Afolabi is an accountant who invests regularly in the Nigeria stock market, buying his usual 2000 units in any stock. He was consistent with this and has built a substantial portfolio, investments and businesses for himself. He is the CFO of one of the big insurance companies in Nigeria".

Penboy:

Lolz.. Chief, what's the meaning of Afolabi units?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
I currently don't have $NKLA shares, but a Deutsche Bank (DB) Analyst released a coverage report yesterday with a target share price of $54 and thinks the stock gives investors "a rare pure way to invest in zero-emission commercial trucks."

The DB Analyst clearly reiterated the reason why I have been skeptical about $NKLA by stating that "Nikola's stock is trading at an enterprise value to sales multiple that is similar to those of Tesla ($TSLA) and $NIO. However, $NKLA, unlike both $NIO and $Tesla hasn't yet produced any trucks. It won't even have its factory up and running for at least another year (i.e. 2021). Right now, Nikola doesn't have any revenue at all, and that makes it a risky bet".

Hence, I believe that while $NKLA has great prospects and could monopolize the electric truck manufacturing industry, it is currently trading on "hope" of a future product. So, folks have to be careful here and only invest if it meets your long term investment objectives and targets.

Bonne chance!!!

Penboy:
Is anybody here still holding on to $NKLA?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by vibesdot001(m): 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
Distinguished members please any ideas if SPCE and BNED will have a considerable dip on Monday for a good entry. Kindly recommend good tickers for next week.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 12:15am On Jul 19, 2020
From Technical Analysis (TA), $BNED price uptrend in the last few trading days show that the stock has broken out and approaching its 200-day simple moving average (sma) of $2.92. Hence, while the current price or below signifies a good entry price, share price is up 1.99% at $2.56 in after hours trading of Friday, July 17 and doesn't indicate a dip on Monday, July 20. Same applies to $SPCE where I don't see the potential pullback yet because of euphoria created by the announcement of its new CEO. $SPCE is up 1.87% at $24.50 in after hours of Friday, July 17.

My picks for next week include $AZN, $NIO (price looking attractive due to sell offs), $BOXL, $BNED, $ZVO, $APHA, $GOCO (health insurance), $INO, $IHRT, $CHMA and $DVAX (currently developing and testing vaccines for cancer, Asthma, Hepatitis B and Influenza).
As always, due diligence is required before investing in any stock.

Bonne chance!!!

vibesdot001:
Distinguished members please any ideas if SPCE and BNED will have a considerable dip on Monday for a good entry. Kindly recommend good tickers for next week.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 1:02am On Jul 19, 2020
Earnings week. What are you all watching

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 1:13am On Jul 19, 2020
Omo my whole being dey on top Tesla o.
I just dey pray to my chi
Jotrade:
Earnings week. What are you all watching

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by vibesdot001(m): 2:22am On Jul 19, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
From Technical Analysis (TA), $BNED price uptrend in the last few trading days show that the stock has broken out and approaching its 200-day simple moving average (sma) of $2.92. Hence, while the current price or below signifies a good entry price, share price is up 1.99% at $2.56 in after hours trading of Friday, July 17 and doesn't indicate a dip on Monday, July 20. Same applies to $SPCE where I don't see the potential pullback yet because of euphoria created by the announcement of its new CEO. $SPCE is up 1.87% at $24.50 in after hours of Friday, July 17.

My picks for next week include $AZN, $NIO (price looking attractive due to sell offs), $BOXL, $BNED, $ZVO, $APHA, $GOCO (health insurance), $INO, $IHRT, $CHMA and $DVAX (currently developing and testing vaccines for cancer, Asthma, Hepatitis B and Influenza).
As always, due diligence is required before investing in any stock.

Bonne chance!!!

Thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.