Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (609805 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by wableo: 7:04am On Jul 19, 2020
Hi everyone,
I realise this thread is too advanced for me. I dont want to take you people backwards but I need your help.

I want to start trading in shares and likely cryptocurrency. I need serious coaching though I read a lot about them but is not like the practical field.

I have downloaded chaka, trove, luno and others. Getting here I am seeing something like trading 212, immediately I know I am a novice.

I need an expert especially in shares that can show me the way. I guess foreign shares are better.

I will be waiting for your help.
Thanks.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kayuscares4u(m): 10:32am On Jul 19, 2020
Greetings to you all, I just have two questions. Pls I want to know if trading212 don't charge commission for buying & selling of stock. How do they make profits? & can I fund & withdraw from trading212 with skrill?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 11:02am On Jul 19, 2020
Read two pages back and you will find the answers to your question.

Lastly, no skrill is not the best for Nigeria residents and besides, it’s expensive. Kindly use google pay
kayuscares4u:
Greetings to you all, I just have two questions. Pls I want to know if trading212 don't charge commission for buying & selling of stock. How do they make profits? & can I fund & withdraw from trading212 with skrill?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
From Technical Analysis (TA), $BNED price uptrend in the last few trading days show that the stock has broken out and approaching its 200-day simple moving average (sma) of $2.92. Hence, while the current price or below signifies a good entry price, share price is up 1.99% at $2.56 in after hours trading of Friday, July 17 and doesn't indicate a dip on Monday, July 20. Same applies to $SPCE where I don't see the potential pullback yet because of euphoria created by the announcement of its new CEO. $SPCE is up 1.87% at $24.50 in after hours of Friday, July 17.

My picks for next week include $AZN, $NIO (price looking attractive due to sell offs), $BOXL, $BNED, $ZVO, $APHA, $GOCO (health insurance), $INO, $IHRT, $CHMA and $DVAX (currently developing and testing vaccines for cancer, Asthma, Hepatitis B and Influenza).
As always, due diligence is required before investing in any stock.

Bonne chance!!!

Spot on.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 11:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
Madisonsqua:
I used to believe I'm quite smart, but how I missed out on stock trading till just recently still amazes me.....I started my trial and error after going thru this thread......I did really good at the beginning, raised my portfolio to about +40% then FOMO sets in and I sold my stock to buy what was trending.....but I learnt a big lesson that FOMO is a big disease in trading....do ur due diligence and read reports from experts.

I lost all my profit but luckily I didn't loose any of my capital $15k. I start allover again as i got a little bit more comfortable.....now my portfolio is up 67%...... i only own NVAX,DVAX and APHA at the moment.... I read a report on NVAX few weeks ago and i got in at $62.....

QCOM and USB on my list for long hold.....

Thanks to everyone contributing immensely to this thread.

For how long have you held NVAX,DVAX and APHA? Also, how many months or years is a long hold for you?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Madisonsqua(m): 2:01am On Jul 20, 2020
OvaSabi1:

For how long have you held NVAX,DVAX and APHA? Also, how many months or years is a long hold for you?
NVAX since June 23....

Long hold, I'm talking yrs...

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by mygee2(m): 9:24am On Jul 20, 2020
millennium2012:
Well, it may have to do with your financial institution, I remembered the first time I tried it with GTBBANK Mastercard, it kept saying card number incorrect. When I used Zenith Mastercard, it accepted without error.

My advice, if you have other Cards, try using it.

You can also contact GPay support for more info @ https://support.google.com/pay/?hl=en#topic=7625138

Zenith bank are the best
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Care4: 10:28am On Jul 20, 2020
wableo:
Hi everyone,
I realise this thread is too advanced for me. I dont want to take you people backwards but I need your help.

I want to start trading in shares and likely cryptocurrency. I need serious coaching though I read a lot about them but is not like the practical field.

I have downloaded chaka, trove, luno and others. Getting here I am seeing something like trading 212, immediately I know I am a novice.

I need an expert especially in shares that can show me the way. I guess foreign shares are better.

I will be waiting for your help.
Thanks.

First thing is for you to study and have an idea of the market(s). Understand your investment temperament.
Now, don't jump into foreign stocks, avoid options trading for now.
For cryptos, don't join any investmment scheme and prepare for mid to long-term trading. I'd recommend Binance. Their platform is better than Luno .
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by keleto(m): 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2020
Is anyone looking at OPKO for buy today?,learnt they got contract to carry out covid 19 testing for NBA and NFL season.
Is at 8.5% premarket now
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Alaska90(m): 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
Madisonsqua:
I used to believe I'm quite smart, but how I missed out on stock trading till just recently still amazes me.....I started my trial and error after going thru this thread......I did really good at the beginning, raised my portfolio to about +40% then FOMO sets in and I sold my stock to buy what was trending.....but I learnt a big lesson that FOMO is a big disease in trading....do ur due diligence and read reports from experts.

I lost all my profit but luckily I didn't loose any of my capital $15k. I start allover again as i got a little bit more comfortable.....now my portfolio is up 67%...... i only own NVAX,DVAX and APHA at the moment.... I read a report on NVAX few weeks ago and i got in at $62.....

QCOM and USB on my list for long hold.....

Thanks to everyone contributing immensely to this thread.

Please always share this type of report on this forum....I think that is the essence of having a group like this,

I actually missed out on NVAX.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy your loot grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
I don't understand the magic happening with AZN. After publication of promising results, it appears to be going down? Please can somebody help us shalaye?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2020
Give it till the end of today wink
OvaSabi1:
I don't understand the magic happening with AZN. After publication of promising results, it appears to be going down? Please can somebody help us shalaye?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
AstaZeneca's stock fall as a results from early-stage study on coronavirus vaccine are published. Go to Finviz and read all the latest news.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Enick: 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I'm want to start trading in the US stock market. I have been watching youtube and also following this platform for some time now.

Please when does the market open and when does it close?

I have heard it is not good for beginners to trade on trading options. Would it okay if I start trading daily as a beginner?

Is there a demo account I can start using immediately ?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 3:38pm On Jul 20, 2020
Jotrade:
AstaZeneca's stock fall as a results from early-stage study on coronavirus vaccine are published. Go to Finviz and read all the latest news.

I know. The results were promising and good, so why is it falling? But I think I will wait until the end of today as Skymoore1004 said.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2020
It's out of place for $AZN's share price to fall about 3% during early trading hours today, after such an encouraging vaccine preliminary trial result. My take is that the market probably expected a more definitive statement that the vaccine trial was over, vaccine would be mass-produced and deployed to enable full reopening of the stalling US economy. Anyways, this is initial market reaction and could change in the upcoming trading days, once traders assimilate more detailed analysis of $AZN's vaccine trial result.

To summarize, the preliminary result released today from large early-stage human trial indicate that $AZN's vaccine produced both 'antibodies' and killer 'T-cells' (i.e. double protection), which lasted about two months, and fought the covid-19 infection with minimal side effects. Recall that all preliminary vaccines from #AZN's competitors, showed that they only produced 'antibodies', without producing the killer 'T-cells'.

OvaSabi1:

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
It's out of place for $AZN's share price to fall about 3% during early trading hours today, after such an encouraging vaccine preliminary trial result. My take is that the market probably expected a more definitive statement that the vaccine trial was over, vaccine would be mass-produced and deployed to enable full reopening of the stalling US economy. Anyways, this is initial market reaction and could change in the upcoming trading days, once traders assimilate more detailed analysis of $AZN's vaccine trial result.

To summarize, the preliminary result released today from large early-stage human trial indicate that $AZN's vaccine produced both 'antibodies' and killer 'T-cells' (i.e. double protection), which lasted about two months, and fought the covid-19 infection with minimal side effects. Recall that all preliminary vaccines from #AZN's competitors, showed that they only produced 'antibodies', without producing the killer 'T-cells'.

It appears that the AZN in the London stock exchange gained. Another thing I saw was that AZN would provide the drugs at cost. Not at a profit. Maybe this is what the market is reacting to? This is in conflict with what I read earlier that there was a partnership with an NGO who would accept it at the normal selling price, but distribute at a discount.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
OvaSabi1:

I know. The results were promising and good, so why is it falling? But I think I will wait until the end of today as Skymoore1004 said.
The market uses reverse psychology. People have taken position on the stock waiting for something to push it up. News about the test result is expected to push it up, but don't forget people are waiting to sell. This would make the price come down. Give it till the end of the day or tomorrow, it would get back up. My advise is to load up more.
Besides a pull back is good so that people can load up on more shares

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
afroxyz:

The market uses reverse psychology. People have taken position on the stock waiting for something to push it up. News about the test result is expected to push it up, but don't forget people are waiting to sell. This would make the price come down. Give it till the end of the day or tomorrow, it would get back up. My advise is to load up more.

Thank you.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
OvaSabi1:

Thank you.

No thank me.o. Na my moi-moi analysis.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 5:12pm On Jul 20, 2020
Who is looking at $BTG?
Steady on the uptrend!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
You are absolutely right. $AZN advised thay they would provide the vaccines 'at cost' to ensure that the richer nations do not hijack the purchase and distribution to only their citizens, thereby leaving out poorer countries that can’t afford to pay for the expensive vaccines. The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and the WHO are funding the initiative to provide approved $AZN vaccine to poorer nations.

Also, some countries like Russia have deals with $AZN, while a private Indian coy (the Serum Institute of India) has a licensing arrangement with $AZN for them to produce 1 billion doses for India with the initial 400 million doses expected to be delivered by 2020 YE. At this time, $AZN has not advised the cost/value of those separate deals with the likes of Russia, SI of India and others.

OvaSabi1:

It appears that the AZN in the London stock exchange gained. Another thing I saw was that AZN would provide the drugs at cost. Not at a profit. Maybe this is what the market is reacting to? This is in conflict with what I read earlier that there was a partnership with an NGO who would accept it at the normal selling price, but distribute at a discount.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2020
Tesla don begin e craze o grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Tesla don begin e craze o grin grin

Amazing?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2020
Yup
InaNla:

Amazing?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
My take on AZN, BioNTech, Pfizer and Moderna shares tanking despite positive reports is simply Mr. Market having a mind of its own.

As no one can time the market, you are not out of order investing based on your positive findings about a company.

In the end, you will be proved right when a final positive outcome is announced. As long as nothing goes wrong with the result of tests carried out, patience is all you need.
As late as it was on 7th July when I bought Novavax @ $104 just when they made their last breakthrough announcement, it has rebounded from dropping to around $90 back up to $139.

Meanwhile, I still consider these biotech stocks short to mid term plays due largely to covid-19.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Do you trade with the Trove App?
If so, have you received any dividend so far from any of the companies you invested in?
How did it happen? Is there any special procedure for it?
I've never received any so far, including from those that are meant to be monthly.

I made with Trove App.

I have not so much as received as I have been turning over stocks and only lately decided to go long term on strategic ones.

Those I didnt turnover like Apple and SPCE do not pay dividend.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
THC Dell today. MGI i swing 2000 stock for $3.06, PEI still watching. Tech stocks is on fire. Still learning how to trade option
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 8:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
Start with swing trade and avoid penny stocks as a beginner. As for cryptocurrency i don't know anything
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2020
InaNla:

likely stocks to consider at this time?

OakPearl:

Lolz
I would even advise against taking extreme risk.
grin

But I will look for time to come up with something less speculative, more of a near-sure winning picks for mid to long term.

Then a few high risk/high reward to pump up your adrenaline for the fun of it. grin
DD will then be over to you.

Here are stocks I consider almost very nearly sure bets in the mid to long term.

Consideration has been given for both covid and post covid eras, so all that is required is to look for comfortable entry prices and make patience your pillow.

SQ $128.84
PTON $64.74
FSLY $84.87
SPOT $291.52
OSTK $53.49
MSFT $212.07
APPLE $393.55
NVDA $420.65
NIO $12.82
PYPL $179.23
NIU $19.47
TDOC $227.46

At first glance, you will be tempted to think they are too expensive.
But these stocks still have more gas to run and will make you sure money.

I will bookmark this for review by December 2020.

14 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2020
OakPearl:

Here are stocks I consider almost very nearly sure bets in the mid to long term.

Consideration has been given for both covid and post covid eras, so all that is required is to look for comfortable entry prices and make patience your pillow.

SQ $128.84
PTON $64.74
FSLY $84.87
SPOT $291.52
OSTK $53.49
MSFT $212.07
APPLE $393.55
NVDA $420.65
NIO $12.82
PYPL $179.23
NIU $19.47
TDOC $227.46

At first glance, you will be tempted to think they are too expensive.
But these stocks still have more gas to run and will make you sure money.

I will bookmark this for review by December 2020.

Long term to me is like 5 to 10 years. Is it same for you? If yes, what do you think of CAT, FB, WMT when mixed with a bond etf?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abraolas1: 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2020
Jotrade:
Start with swing trade and avoid penny stocks as a beginner. As for cryptocurrency i don't know anything

How can I one identify the swing stock has a beginner ...any idea?

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.