Stats: 3,158,535 members, 7,837,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (620868 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 10:30am On Jul 29, 2020
yom2:
like u read my mind with ur last mention of healtcare stocks. I heard about this spectrum phama stuff please what's happening there? Is it real? And please any body with extra info or gut feelings on aurora canabis?

I don't have any idea. Am only following Gilead, moderna and novavax.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2020
nna777:

I don't have any idea. Am only following Gilead, moderna and novavax.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
OakPearl:

These are the types of stocks best for short term play for building capital to keep pumping into your long term portfolio.
I call them "stock of the moment" as all eyes are on their sector due to the frantic search for Covid-19 vaccines at the moment.

Jumped into Novavax at $104 thinking it may be too late an entry, but alas am already up over $30/share.

Meanwhile, I ran out of patience with Gilead and sold off last Friday to re-enter my Overstock at $54.
This Overstock I sold at $28 showed me what I missed.
Kai! grin
N/B: This is not to say Gilead is done moving...in fact, it could just start jumping as I have left...e dey happen to me well, well too. cheesy

Still on "stock of the moment", KODAK has suddenly emerged from the blues this week and tearing from around $3 to $18.91 within 3days!

Shares of Eastman Kodak (NYSE:KODK) more than tripled on Tuesday, following news that the technology company would receive a $765 million loan from the U.S. government to produce vital coronavirus-related pharmaceutical components.

Eastman Kodak will use the funds to launch Kodak Pharmaceuticals, a new division that will produce pharmaceutical ingredients deemed critical by the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
See money covid is making for smart investors.
Chai.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2020
OakPearl:

Still on "stock of the moment", KODAK has suddenly emerged from the blues this week and tearing from around $3 to $18.91 within 3days!

Shares of Eastman Kodak (NYSE:KODK) more than tripled on Tuesday, following news that the technology company would receive a $765 million loan from the U.S. government to produce vital coronavirus-related pharmaceutical components.

Eastman Kodak will use the funds to launch Kodak Pharmaceuticals, a new division that will produce pharmaceutical ingredients deemed critical by the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
See money covid is making for smart investors.
Chai.

CAVEAT:
They are known to have poor financial performance and prospects, the terrain they are venturing into is highly competitive especially for generic drugs and they have an unenviable legacy of weak management.
Cautìon is highly advised.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2020
KODK on fire
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by delgook14(m): 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2020
$2 to $36+ in three days KODAK
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2020
delgook14:
$2 to $36+ in three days KODAK

It's $50 now!!!
Jumped in at $19.20.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
OakPearl:

It's $50 now!!!
Jumped in at $19.20.

It's back to $31 after kissing $53!
What a volatile ride!!!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2020
OakPearl:

It's back to $31 after kissing $53!
What a volatile ride!!!
do u think it will go further?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2020
When is the market closing?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
When can I withdraw funds sale on NYSE?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2020
OakPearl:

Oya collect one high risk/high reward.
GOCO $22.94.
They are a health insurance firm that just did IPO and got listed yesterday.

The shares of GOCO's Class A common stock just began trading on The Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol "GOCO" today July 15, 2020. The offering is expected to close on July 17, 2020, subject to customary closing conditions.

Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, BofA Securities and Morgan Stanley are acting as managing bookrunners. Barclays, Credit Suisse, Evercore ISI, RBC Capital Markets and William Blair are acting as bookrunners. Cantor, SunTrust Robinson Humphrey and Loop Capital Markets are acting as co-managers.

Trove just smartly added them on their list.
I jumped in at $22.94.
Over to you for your DD. grin

Boss, do you have any recommendations on GOCO? It’s now $17.55

Buy more or do nothing?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2020
Na wao. Its now a ghost house everywhere dry or some have gone to d farm
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Alaska90(m): 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2020
yom2:
Na wao. Its now a ghost house everywhere dry or some have gone to d farm

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 9:18pm On Jul 29, 2020
I swing 2000 stock on MGI July 23 for $3 and sell today for $3.49. Watching PEI
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
OakPearl:

Anyone seen how Overstock is tearing under the radar?
The above "Stock Focus" was done May 6th when it was trading at $14.10.
Now $59.10 today!

That was a great call. I hope you bought in. I just got in today at $60.88, probably late to the game but we shall see.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2020
OakPearl:

It's $50 now!!!
Jumped in at $19.20.

I joined this morning as well and got out right in time..

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2020
YerYer:

you guys are doing great.

It would be good you intimate your children when taking this type of position for us to join body tongue

Make una dey remember us ooooo. We are following you expats...
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2020
InaNla:

Boss, do you have any recommendations on GOCO? It’s now $17.55

Buy more or do nothing?

Do nothing.
When you are on a speculative trade, it is wisest to avoid throwing more money at it. Averaging down is best for stocks you are sure of holding long term and whose fundamentals are in alignment with your criteria.
GOCO is just starting out on the basis of their listing.

The 2 best options is to cut your losses and proceed to the next or wait.
I was tempted to sell GOCO when I was buying Kodak today, another speculative play. But I resisted and am holding on for the best.
One simple announcement and boom we are back in profit. We have not heard the last on GOCO.

This is NOT to say buying to average down is wrong, Mr. Market always has the final say. He could prove you right with time if you decide to buy more.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2020
yom2:
do u think it will go further?

I honestly think it's not yet over with this.
The best tactic for this one is to wait at a comfortable junction for a proper pull back and then board the bus and hold for the next announcement which will surely put some dough in your wallet.

I am noticing a trend amongst these covid vaccine candidates.
Anyone who goes from winning a contract to clinical testing phases 1-3 Just keeps powering to between $70-$100.
Novavax is already doing $140+.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2020
OakPearl:

Do nothing.
When you are on a speculative trade, it is wisest to avoid throwing more money at it. Averaging down is best for stocks you are sure of holding long term and whose fundamentals are in alignment with your criteria.
GOCO is just starting out on the basis of their listing.

The 2 best options is to cut your losses and proceed to the next or wait.
I was tempted to sell GOCO when I was buying Kodak today, another speculative play. But I resisted and am holding on for the best.
One simple announcement and boom we are back in profit. We have not heard the last on GOCO.

This is NOT to say buying to average down is wrong, Mr. Market always has the final say. He could prove you right with time if you decide to buy more.

Thank you.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
YerYer:

That was a great call. I hope you bought in. I just got in today at $60.88, probably late to the game but we shall see.

My brother I bought it at $14+ a day after I made that "Stock Focus" and my village people pushed me to sell at $28.

I bought back last Thursday at $54.94.
Crazy stuff. grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2020
YerYer:

You've always been a sniper. grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Alaska90(m): 12:32am On Jul 30, 2020
InaNla:

It would be good you intimate your children when taking this type of position for us to join body tongue

@OakPearl, Yer Yer and others....Please always try and share this type of information on this forum when you about to make this type of move grin....I think that's the essence of the forum. Just my opinion oh Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by easyflex: 3:58am On Jul 30, 2020
Alaska90:

@OakPearl, Yer Yer and others....Please always try and share this type of information on this forum when you about to make this type of move grin....I think that's the essence of the forum. Just my opinion oh Thanks

That was a risky trade. When people make such trades they are glued to their screens monitoring the charts and trying to make the right call when to exit.

Just 10 minutes delay can lose you loads of money so you don't want to tag people along in case if it doesn't go as planned.
When going into such trades, there's no guarantee of making a profit, there's actually a high probability of losing money.

I guarantee you that for every winner posted here, there might be about 5 people who lost money.
Day trading is not for the faint hearted, more than 50 % lose money.

So I believe it's best to post well researched calls for short term , medium and long term investments.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 4:56am On Jul 30, 2020
OakPearl:

My brother I bought it at $14+ a day after I made that "Stock Focus" and my village people pushed me to sell at $28.

I bought back last Thursday at $54.94.
Crazy stuff. grin

Lol you doubled your money, that was a great return tbh. Haven't really been trading for some time now. Let the stock continue doing all those things it was doing before I got in grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 5:00am On Jul 30, 2020
InaNla:

My sister this was an impulsive trade o. I saw the stock make big moves on Tuesday so on Wednesday morning I just jumped in to ride the wave. It could've gone the other way o and I would've been fine with it. If I post and anyone follows, they have to understand the risk involved.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 6:17am On Jul 30, 2020
YerYer:

My sister this was an impulsive trade o. I saw the stock make big moves on Tuesday so on Wednesday morning I just jumped in to ride the wave. It could've gone the other way o and I would've been fine with it. If I post and anyone follows, they have to understand the risk involved.

Life itself is a risk. Please be more kind to push us through. Appreciate as always.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 9:36am On Jul 30, 2020
$AZN 2Q2020 earnings

-Revenue: $6.28B (estimate $6.28B)
-Core EPS: 96C (est. 93C)
-Farxiga drug Revenue: $443M (est $436.6M)
-Tagrisso drug Rev: $1.03B (est $1.02B)
-Interim div/share: 90C
-Retains FY Guidance

N.B: This stock is grossly undervalued, churns out profit and regularly pays dividend. However, I have observed that sentiments in US markets don't seem to favour most foreign stocks and that's why prices of stocks like $AZN, $BABA et al are lagging their US counterparts.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 9:42am On Jul 30, 2020
Currently tracking $BLNK (mid term) and the following short term/speculative stocks $ONTX, $INPX and $ACHV. Would pull the trigger once there's a pullback.
As always, DD is required before investing in any stock.

Bonne chance!!!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 9:47am On Jul 30, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Currently tracking $BLNK (mid term) and the following short term/speculative stocks $ONTX, $INPX and $ACHV. Would pull the trigger once there's a pullback.
As always, DD is required before investing in any stock.

Bonne chance!!!

Great efforts. I am here once you are ready to strike. Don’t forget to let me know... DD have been done tongue
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 9:56am On Jul 30, 2020
InaNla:

Life itself is a risk. Please be more kind to push us through. Appreciate as always.

My dear sister If you want to do great with the stock market, you need to find a way to deal with your FOMO. Fear of missing out. I'm with easyflex on this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (433) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105