Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (611471 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2020
Sogou ($SOGO) shares are flying after the company received a preliminary non-binding acquisition offer from Tencent at $9 per share in cash. Great deal for the company and its shareholders.

Also, market insiders are speculating that Moderna ($MRNA) would bid between $10-$15 for $ABUS (Arbutus Biopharma). Recall that on Friday, July 24, $ABUS won the law suit on the patent that $MRNA is allegedly using to develop its covid-19 vaccine.

OakPearl:
STOCK TO WATCH SOGO $8.54

SOGO the Chinese version of Google has been firing on all cylinders.
It rose to $5 on Friday and I thought I should wait for a dip, but there it is still tearing with a 48% gain today!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Sogou ($SOGO) shares are flying after the company received a preliminary non-binding acquisition offer from Tencent at $9 per share in cash. Great deal for the company and its shareholders.

Also, market insiders are speculating that Moderna ($MRNA) would bid between $10-$15 for $ABUS (Arbutus Biopharma). Recall that on Friday, July 24, $ABUS won the law suit on the patent that $MRNA is allegedly using to develop its covid-19 vaccine.

Spot on.
Some times, these are ways of making quick money on grapevine news about acquisitions/mergers and promising SPAC's.

Two of such very promising SPAC's am targeting are SPAQ and CCXX.
The brains behind a SPAC and the actual plan/purpose determines how good and far they can go.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Harbelly: 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2020
OvaSabi1:

Thank you. My proof of address upload was rejected and I am just assuming that this is the reason. Other reasons that I suspect:

1. It was scanned and I sent it to gallery before I uploaded. I didn't convert it into pdf.
2. I scanned only the first page
3. The name of the city was not very clear in the statement. The accounts officer said that wasn't an issue.
4. The stamp with the name of the bank was not clear.

Harbelly notimezone

The major reason your proof of address was rejected was because you uploaded just a page of your bank statement. They require at least a month’s statement within the last three months showing all the transaction details you did within that time. All you have to do is snap the pages of your statement pages one after the other then convert the photos to a single pdf file of less than 15mb and upload it onto the app.

As regards the mismatch in your address you imputed on the app, sadly you can’t correct or edit the address on trading 212. If you are sure of the address you used on the app then you can update your bank account information to carry exact same address. All you have to do is go to the bank to get it done.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Cargist44: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2020
About to go into stock trading... following the conversations here.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Inehmesit: 6:10pm On Jul 27, 2020
Please let’s create a WhatsApp group where the bosses can be giving us updates, I feel like the conversation here is just limited, my opinion though
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by mamcoker: 6:48pm On Jul 27, 2020
Inehmesit:
Please let’s create a WhatsApp group where the bosses can be giving us updates, I feel like the conversation here is just limited, my opinion though

if this had been a WhatsApp group from day one I doubt if you will be talking about stocks today. Pls dont kill the thread

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2020
DexterousOne:

I do

I guessed as much.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Nice one. I often read Jim Cramer's posts but haven't read any of Dave Ramsey's posts. Actually, my stock investments are split into short-term, mid-term, long-term and very long-term.

For very long term, i try to buy company's that are recovering from crises, undergoing recapitalization, lower or close to its 52weeks low, and was hitherto very profitable and paying annual dividend. Currently tracking Just Energy ($JE), a Canadian-based coy focused on essential needs (i.e. a water quality, natural gas, electricity retailer) operating in Canadian and American markets across North America, and in Germany, Ireland and Japan.

In the last 11years of operation (2009 - 2019), $JE consistently paid an average annual dividend of $0.50 (lowest of $0.25 in 2019 and highest of $1.24 in 2011) before the business made losses in 2019. JE recently exited the loss making countries like Ireland, Japan and Germany in order to focus on North America, where they are more profitable and also announced recapitalization plans which started this July to end in Sept 2020.

JE's current price is $0.41 with 52-weeks low of $0.34 and 52-weeks high of $3.64. It's all-time highest stock closing price was $16.32 on April 01, 2011.

Disclosure: I bought at $0.41 and ready to hold for very long time, possibly 5-10 years until my price target is met, before i offload. This is still a risky bet. As usual, DD is required before investing in any stock.

Bonne chance!!!

Thank you for your time and for your reply. Can I ask how many stocks you maintain in your portfolio on average? How many companies' stocks do you own? If you don't want to disclose, no problem.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
OakPearl:
STOCK FOCUS: Overstock.com (OSTK - $14.10)

I have been watching this stock for weeks now and it looks like the time to pounce is now.

Overstock.com is an online retailer and incubator of blockchain technology.
It suffered a terrible beating when it collapsed to about $2.53 on March 18th this year due to a poor financial performance.
Amazingly, they have reported a higher sales during this covid-19 season and have a great chance to appreciate in value in tandem with gains bitcoin is enjoying.

It is up 187% in the last 1 month and 17% in the last 5 days.
I will make a move purely based on speculative reasons but I may hold longer as it is a growth stock with enormous potential.
NOT A BUY OR CELL RECOMMENDATION.
DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE.

YerYer:

Wonderful call. Stock is up 21% since this post.

Anyone seen how Overstock is tearing under the radar?
The above "Stock Focus" was done May 6th when it was trading at $14.10.
Now $59.10 today!

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2020
OakPearl:

Anyone seen how Overstock is tearing under the radar?
The above "Stock Focus" was done May 6th when it was trading at $14.10.
Now $59.10 today!

As in! When everything went red on Friday Overstock managed to lose just little before it eventually turned green. I don't understand why. It's beta is very high. Highly geared and negative PE ratio. What is happening oo.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
Hmm
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 8:48pm On Jul 27, 2020
Inehmesit:

If you want to make informed decisions with regards to the stock market you need to be enlightened yourself. Many of us here aren't showing you the losses we made. Many aren't showing our long term returns. Download business news apps, if not you will be easily influenced by just anyone. Or find a QUALIFIED advisor and pay them to put you through.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bulespephilo(m): 9:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
Skymoore1004:
It’s not a silly question, feel free to ask anytime smiley

In regards to your enquiry, unfortunately you cannot find it & you have low chances of them actually telling you (bc of security reasons).

Kindly upload your proof of address.
If it gets bounced based on address mismatch, then you have to either update your bank address at any branch or open another T212 acc (have to close the current one first though).

I hope this helps.
Please I'm having issues re-funding my account. It keeps failing. Has any one faced similar issues before? I funded last week without issues. Plus I've not exceeded the $500 funding limit placed.
I keep getting the message below.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 9:24pm On Jul 27, 2020
It has to do with your bank not T212.
Use another card smiley
bulespephilo:

Please I'm having issues re-funding my account. It keeps failing. Has any one faced similar issues before? I funded last week without issues. Plus I've not exceeded the $500 funding limit placed.
I keep getting the message below.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2020
OSTK and ZM nice investment
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 9:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
You're welcome. Glad to interact with like-minded and stock investment savvy folks here. Sharing and learning from each other on this forum, always makes my day. Much props to @OakPearl for kick-starting this forum.

I currently own 16 stocks in my portfolio, consisting of 2 "very long-term" outlook stocks, 4 long-term, 7 mid-term and 3 short-term stocks. Looking to prune this number to a maximum of 10 by adding to my established winners and selling off the laggards and those where my targets have been met.

OvaSabi1:

Thank you for your time and for your reply. Can I ask how many stocks you maintain in your portfolio on average? How many companies' stocks do you own? If you don't want to disclose, no problem.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bulespephilo(m): 11:57pm On Jul 27, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Use another card smiley
Alright, thanks a bunch.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 1:35am On Jul 28, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Use another card smiley

Have u withdrawn from your trading 212 account? How long did it take?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 8:09am On Jul 28, 2020
Novavax has gone from $7 in March to $139 as at yesterday. (Just an observation. I don't have the stock).

Moderna has started phase 3 clinical trials. Watch out for gains today.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:02am On Jul 28, 2020
nna777:
Novavax has gone from $7 in March to $139 as at yesterday. (Just an observation. I don't have the stock).

Moderna has started phase 3 clinical trials. Watch out for gains today.

These are the types of stocks best for short term play for building capital to keep pumping into your long term portfolio.
I call them "stock of the moment" as all eyes are on their sector due to the frantic search for Covid-19 vaccines at the moment.
Jumped into Novavax at $104 thinking it may be too late an entry, but alas am already up over $30/share.

Meanwhile, I ran out of patience with Gilead and sold off last Friday to re-enter my Overstock at $54.
This Overstock I sold at $28 showed me what I missed.
Kai! grin
N/B: This is not to say Gilead is done moving...in fact, it could just start jumping as I have left...e dey happen to me well, well too. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 1:13pm On Jul 28, 2020
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2020
OakPearl:

These are the types of stocks best for short term play for building capital to keep pumping into your long term portfolio.
I call them "stock of the moment" as all eyes are on their sector due to the frantic search for Covid-19 vaccines at the moment.
Jumped into Novavax at $104 thinking it may be too late an entry, but alas am already up over $30/share.

Meanwhile, I ran out of patience with Gilead and sold off last Friday to re-enter my Overstock at $54.
This Overstock I sold at $28 showed me what I missed.
Kai! grin
N/B: This is not to say Gilead is done moving...in fact, it could just start jumping as I have left...e dey happen to me well, well too. cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kayuscares4u(m): 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
Can I use local Mastercard to fund my trading212 account because I was unable to fund it with Google pay. The response i am getting is checkout failed. Try again
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Inehmesit: 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2020
mamcoker:

if this had been a WhatsApp group from day one I doubt if you will be talking about stocks today. Pls dont kill the thread
right, that was just a suggestion though
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Inehmesit: 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2020
OvaSabi1:

If you want to make informed decisions with regards to the stock market you need to be enlightened yourself. Many of us here aren't showing you the losses we made. Many aren't showing our long term returns. Download business news apps, if not you will be easily influenced by just anyone. Or find a QUALIFIED advisor and pay them to put you through.
alright, thanks. Will do
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:31pm On Jul 28, 2020
OvaSabi1:

As in! When everything went red on Friday Overstock managed to lose just little before it eventually turned green. I don't understand why. It's beta is very high. Highly geared and negative PE ratio. What is happening oo.

Apart from selling furniture, beddings, rug, decor, home improvement etc on their E-commerce website online; which experienced great sales during the lockdown, they are a financial technology company focused on developing and commercializing financial applications of blockchain technologies, primarily the development and adoption of digital securities.

This implies in a nutshell, that as the crypto currency world chief of which is Bitcoin soars, Overstock will experience a similar effect on its share price.
N/B: Their earnings call is in 9 days time.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 6:15pm On Jul 28, 2020
Am not seeing enough inspiring activities here in recent days. I thought we have gotten plenty subscribers.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 6:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
Thank God though am in!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
yom2:
Am not seeing enough inspiring activities here in recent days. I thought we have gotten plenty subscribers.

That's one of the challenge with day trading or what we call jijo here in naija(very short term play). Most persons here are into the above.

So some are either trapped or in observation mode.

As one can't really time the market, sometimes buying a dip will result in you buying a resistance (exit point) instead of a support(entry point)(Tesla comes to mind).

Even with good results sometimes market plays its own games. Price entry, a whole dose of patience and exit is key if you will succeed both as a trader and an investor.

That is why having basic TA knowledge is very critical especially in a complex market like the US. Combined with the fact that you're trading in a foreign currency. Any loss is much more painful.

In my own opinion,with all that is going on in the US now, observation mode should be activated until the dust settles (apart from the healthcare stocks).

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 8:07pm On Jul 28, 2020
yom2:

I'd love to know what you mean by inspiring activities. But I'm with nna777. The honest story about day trading and handling single stocks is that it is almost like gambling. The seasoned long term investors on this thread are mostly quiet. Every day trader is a genius in a bull market and today was bearish. Wait for the Dow Jones to turn green and this place will be filled with inspiring activities tongue

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2020
nna777:

That's one of the challenge with day trading or what we call jijo here in naija(very short term play). Most persons here are into the above.

As one can't really time the market, sometimes buying a dip will result in you buying a resistance (exit point) instead of a support(entry point)(Tesla comes to mind).

Even with good results sometimes market plays its own games. Price entry, a whole dose of patience and exit is key if you will succeed both as a trader and an investor.

That is why having basic TA knowledge is very critical especially in a complex market like the US. Combined with the fact that you're trading in a foreign currency. Any loss is much more painful.

In my own opinion,with all that is going on in the US now, observation mode should be activated until the dust settles (apart from the healthcare stocks).
like u read my mind with ur last mention of healtcare stocks. I heard about this spectrum phama stuff please what's happening there? Is it real? And please any body with extra info or gut feelings on aurora canabis?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 4Play(m): 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
nna777:

To enjoy long-term success, short-term traders need excellent knowledge of technical analysis and or a knack for pattern recognition.

In a sense, technicals drive the market in the short-term (absent major news event) and fundamentals in the long run. For example, Microsoft's share price growth over a 5 year time frame depends to a large extent on its earnings growth. Its share price move over a week or two is largely dependent on technical analysis (unless a major news event occurs).

Once a major news event occurs (earnings release, regulatory action, covid outbreak etc), the share price move in the short-term is still largely about technicals.

By technicals, you are basically looking at: trends (up or down), key support/resistance levels, popular moving averages (200 & 50 SMA), candlestick pattern, etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.