Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (620885 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 10:11am On Jul 30, 2020
OvaSabi1:

My dear sister If you want to do great with the stock market, you need to find a way to deal with your FOMO. Fear of missing out. I'm with easyflex on this.

Good submission from @ easyflex
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 10:42am On Jul 30, 2020
Please who has withdrawn successfully from Trading 212. Since Monday that order was successfully executed funds are yet to hit my account. It's been back and forth with my bank? Any suggestions?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 11:08am On Jul 30, 2020
It depends on your bank.
You have to keep bugging them in some cases.
Ask T212 to send you transaction receipt, so you can give your bank to track it.

It takes 3-4 working days but can be longer depending on your bank.

I’ve used ZenithBank (2 working days).
FidelityBank (3 working days).
I sent them transaction receipt and they credited me almost immediately.

Note : you would be credited at a lower exchange rate than what you paid. CBN also takes some charges for International Transactions apparently.

Eg; FidelityBank charged me at almost N530 for Euro.
I was paid back with N491. You see the massive difference?

Being a Nigerian in Nigeria is like having a death warrant. The country will frustrate the living daylight out of you! If you’re using a U.K. account, the same amount you withdrew is exactly what you will be credited. No deductions, nothing!

Anyway just keep calling your bank.
If you’re banking with FCMB or WEMA or all this smaller banks, it could take 10 days or more (according to some folks in one of my telegram groups).

All the best smiley
afroxyz:
Please who has withdrawn successfully from Trading 212. Since Monday that order was successfully executed funds are yet to hit my account. It's been back and forth with my bank? Any suggestions?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 11:15am On Jul 30, 2020
Skymoore1004:
It depends on your bank.
Ask T212 to send you transaction receipt, so you can give your bank to track it.

Note : you would be credited at a lower exchange rate than what you paid. CBN also takes some charges for International Transactions apparently.

Being a Nigerian in Nigeria is like having a death warrant. The country will frustrate the living daylight out of you! If you’re using a U.K. account, the same amount you withdrew is exactly what you will be credited. No deductions, nothing!

If you’re banking with FCMB or WEMA or all this smaller banks, it could take 10 days or more (according to some folks in one of my telegram groups).

All the best smiley

Naija matter tire me. I use Stanbic. I would contact trading 212 for a receipt. They already offered to send me one if i have difficulties with my bank.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 11:17am On Jul 30, 2020
Yes getting a receipt is your best bet now.
afroxyz:

Naija matter tire me. I use Stanbic. I would contact trading 212 for a receipt. They already offered to send me one if i have difficulties with my bank.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 11:29am On Jul 30, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Currently tracking $BLNK (mid term) and the following short term/speculative stocks $ONTX, $INPX and $ACHV. Would pull the trigger once there's a pullback.
As always, DD is required before investing in any stock.

Bonne chance!!!
am scared of that volume float for achv but funny enough unlike the naija scenario they seem to have a free float.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 11:31am On Jul 30, 2020
Any sallah holiday in WS today?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 11:52am On Jul 30, 2020
Skymoore1004:
It depends on your bank.

All the best smiley

@ fidelity bank charge. So unfair and will eat into your capital gains. Does Bamboo do the same thing?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2020
Bamboo is completely different because you’re paying from your naira account direct to their own naira account.

Only thing is that Bamboo charges at higher rate and gives you back at lower rate.

Example; today is N479 per dollar.
So if you buy $1000, that’s N479k.
If you want to withdraw that same $1000, you will get N469k. It’s only an advantage if you buy to trade, and when you want to sell, exchange rate is now higher than what you paid at. Like I bought $1k @ N424 then. Now it’s N469 withdrawal rate. It’s now my advantage because I’m getting more money on top my trade profit.

Note; Bamboo charges 1.5% buying and selling rate.
So if you still compare with T212 in terms of your actual profit, it’s the same thing.

T212 doesn’t charge you a dime & exchange rate is from your bank not them.

Example: If you use ZenithBank, Gtbank, Ecobank to fund your account (today), the rate is between N390-N400 which is good as compared to Bamboo rate. But when you withdraw your profit to your account, you might get at N370 or N360. It’s not T212 fault, so I’m still sticking with them.

Basically the difference between Bamboo & T212 within the Nigerian geographical location is not much.
OvaSabi1:

@ fidelity bank charge. So unfair and will eat into your capital gains. Does Bamboo do the same thing?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Bamboo is completely different because you’re paying from your naira account direct to their own naira account.

Only thing is that Bamboo charges at higher rate and gives you back at lower rate.

If you want to withdraw that same $1000, you will get N469k. It’s only an advantage if you buy to trade, and when you want to sell, exchange rate is now higher than what you paid at. Like I bought $1k @ N424 then. Now it’s N469 withdrawal rate. It’s now my advantage because I’m getting more money on top my trade profit.

So if you still compare with T212 in terms of your actual profit, it’s the same thing.

Example: If you use ZenithBank, Gtbank, Ecobank to fund your account (today), the rate is between N390-N400 which is good as compared to Bamboo rate. But when you withdraw your profit to your account, you might get at N370 or N360. It’s not T212 fault, so I’m still sticking with them.

Basically the difference between Bamboo & T212 within the Nigerian geographical location is not much.

I fund my T213 in USD and should be paid back in USD. (DOM)
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 12:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
Yeah that’s better.
I thought of that.
But it’s still the same buying black market rate to fund the acc & transfer to T212
InaNla:

I fund my T213 in USD and should be paid back in USD. (DOM)
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
Good afternoon house
I have a question to ask

Assuming one opens a bamboo account and starts with the investment journey
And along the line
You move abroad

Could the gains be routed to the foreign bank account?
Or must the money be sent to the Nigerian bank account?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
I dont know if I asked the question in a way that is comprehensible
Like when one is based abroad
Can the person be using his foreign account to receive his dividends and all that
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2020
Money can only be paid to a Naira account or US account currently.

So if you move to a country, you can only continue with your naira account unfortunately. Maybe they will offer other options in the future smiley
DexterousOne:
Good afternoon house
I have a question to ask

And along the line
You move abroad

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Money can only be paid to a Naira account or US account currently.

So if you move to a country, you can only continue with your naira account unfortunately. Maybe they will offer other options in the future smiley

So they cant pay into a dormiciliary account in Nigeria?

So from what you posted...
Its only a naira account
Or an account opened in the United States?
Damn undecided
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
They can pay into USD Dom account but they will charge you $45 transfer fee.
DexterousOne:

So they cant pay into a dormiciliary account in Nigeria

So from what you posted...
Its only a naira account
Or an account opened in the United States?
Damn undecided
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
Skymoore1004:
They can pay into USD Dom account but they will charge you $45 transfer fee.

My goodness

However

If the flat rate is $45

Sending $20k usd for example will be better routed to a dorm acct than sent to a naira account where you will be short changed exchange rate wise

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 1:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
Yes correct.
DexterousOne:

My goodness

However

If the flat rate is $45

Sending $20k usd for example will be better routed to a dorm acct than sent to a naira account where you will be short changed exchange rate wise
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
DexterousOne:

My goodness

However

If the flat rate is $45

Correct..... High volume transfers should be done in USD else na cheating.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 1:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
Skymoore1004:

Thank you very very very much. The differences aren't that much truly.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
InaNla:

you guys are doing great.

It would be good you intimate your children when taking this type of position for us to join body tongue

Make una dey remember us ooooo. We are following you expats...

Alaska90:

@OakPearl, Yer Yer and others....Please always try and share this type of information on this forum when you about to make this type of move grin....I think that's the essence of the forum. Just my opinion oh Thanks

easyflex:

That was a risky trade. When people make such trades they are glued to their screens monitoring the charts and trying to make the right call when to exit.

Just 10 minutes delay can lose you loads of money so you don't want to tag people along in case if it doesn't go as planned.
When going into such trades, there's no guarantee of making a profit, there's actually a high probability of losing money.

I guarantee you that for every winner posted here, there might be about 5 people who lost money.
Day trading is not for the faint hearted, more than 50 % lose money.

So I believe it's best to post well researched calls for short term , medium and long term investments.

Everyone has spoken well indeed.
There is no wrong response in the above tread.

We are here to share wealth creation opportunities in the US market. That's what this forum was created for. And we will achieve it via the 3 possible means: short, medium and long term trade/investment.

We have so far concentrated on sharing mid to long term opportunities because it feels safer and can be acted on even up to 1 week after it is shared for those who don't have the time to come online here on a regular basis to still benefit.
But for highly speculative picks, easyflex has said it all up there. Split second decisions can be made and one is careful to not get a less risk averse member to act on. But great risk takers like madam InaNla and Oga Alaska90 and others in their league know that the responsibility for DD is their's to take and which ever way it turns out, they are up for the task. I think there will be no harm in alerting they and other interested parties on this forum as much as possible so we can win together if we also loose together.

On that note, I insist there is money in Pfizer and I have started taking position with my first batch at $38.95 on July 23rd.
In order not to lengthen this "epistle" further, I will state my reasons for Pfizer later.
Alert issued!
Happy investing.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2020
Yesterday I swing OSTK $58.71 I see more potential
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
OakPearl:

We are here to share wealth creation opportunities in the US market. That's what this forum was created for. And we will achieve it via the 3 possible means: short, medium and long term trade/investment.

We have so far concentrated on sharing mid to long term opportunities because it feels safer and can be acted on even up to 1 week after it is shared for those who don't have the time to come online here on a regular basis to still benefit.
But for highly speculative picks, easyflex has said it all up there. Split second decisions can be made and one is careful to not get a less risk averse member to act on. But great risk takers like madam InaNla and Oga Alaska90 and others in their league know that the responsibility for DD is their's to take and which ever way it turns out, they are up for the task. I think there will be no harm in alerting they and other interested parties on this forum as much as possible so we can win together if we also loose together.

On that note, I insist there is money in Pfizer and I have started taking position with my first batch at $38.95 on July 23rd.
In order not to lengthen this "epistle" further, I will state my reasons for Pfizer later.
Alert issued!
Happy investing.

Pfizer all the way sir.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
OakPearl:

These are the types of stocks best for short term play for building capital to keep pumping into your long term portfolio.
I call them "stock of the moment" as all eyes are on their sector due to the frantic search for Covid-19 vaccines at the moment.
Jumped into Novavax at $104 thinking it may be too late an entry, but alas am already up over $30/share.

Meanwhile, I ran out of patience with Gilead and sold off last Friday to re-enter my Overstock at $54.
This Overstock I sold at $28 showed me what I missed.
Kai! grin
N/B: This is not to say Gilead is done moving...in fact, it could just start jumping as I have left...e dey happen to me well, well too. cheesy

OakPearl:

My brother I bought it at $14+ a day after I made that "Stock Focus" and my village people pushed me to sell at $28.

I bought back last Thursday at $54.94.

Crazy stuff. grin

Still on the subject of sharing, the above was shared 2 days ago for the benefit of all.
I don't know how many of us bought from when I sounded the first alert at $14. But I am back in as announced.

Asides fundamental and technical analysis, there are behaviours I notice in a stock and I get convinced. This behaviour continues with Overstock and I had to get back in as high as $54.94.
If you ask me to explain the behaviour I no go fit type the long grammar but it has a lot to do with intuition too.
And so I won't be surprised if it hits $70 today or tomorrow! shocked

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
OakPearl:

Still on the subject of sharing, the above was shared 2 days ago for the benefit of all.
I don't know how many of us bought from when I sounded the first alert at $14. But I am back in as announced.

Asides fundamental and technical analysis, there are behaviours I notice in a stock and I get convinced. This behaviour continues with Overstock and I had to get back in as high as $54.94.
If you ask me to explain the behaviour I no go fit type the long grammar but it has a lot to do with intuition too.
And so I won't be surprised if it hits $70 today or tomorrow! shocked

Its $70+ already sir.

69.40 +8.66 (14.26%)
Before hours:
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:10pm On Jul 30, 2020
Jotrade:
Yesterday I swing OSTK $58.71 I see more potential

You mean it?
Great move and very daring I must say.
I expect a very good reward to compensate for your bravery.
I never knew you had stated this while I posted about it in my post above.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
InaNla:

Its $70+ already sir.

69.40 +8.66 (14.26%)
Before hours:

Whaaaaaaaat!!! shocked shocked shocked
Are you kidding me?
Wait let me check....

Very true @Before hours.
It's now a case of what happens when the market opens.
Fingers crossed. cheesy
#MODIFIED
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2020
Thanks I have the opportunity to when the price was $39 and sold for $48. Yesterday I have to swing again.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
DexterousOne:
Good afternoon house
I have a question to ask

And along the line
You move abroad

You might need to check with them directly.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Alaska90(m): 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
OakPearl:

Alert issued!
Happy investing.

Well said...thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
OSTK high volume
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2020
Can't find some of this stocks on chaka

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (433) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.