Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (614300 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ukay2: 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
OakPearl:

The billionaires investing in it aren't thinking of dividend just yet.
28 million shares traded at the moment an it still refuses to go red like the general market trend.

I just bought more Afolabi units some minutes ago....let's see how it goes
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
OakPearl:

I think I should start updating the forum on weekly earnings dates ahead of time.
It helps investors take position early for possible quick returns.

You are God sent....daalu riiineee[ thank you so much]

We wait...waiting is part of making money wink
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kenneth6901: 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
Thumbs up to those that have made this thread a worthwhile one and I must confess I have attached a keen interest on stocks but my main worry has been on which broker to settle with given concerns raised about "Trove". However I do have " Chaka installed too.... Someone should point to the right direction pls...
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 5:33am On Feb 26, 2020
OakPearl:

I think I should start updating the forum on weekly earnings dates ahead of time.
It helps investors take position early for possible quick returns.

That's a good idea
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 26, 2020
Financial highlight (SPCE)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
DOLLARTEX:
Financial highlight (SPCE)

I didn't expect any more than a loss as is the case with new businesses in very capital intensive sectors.
The dollars will roll in in due time. grin

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 2:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
Researchers have found that whenever the market drops by more than 2% In a day, the market rebounds somewhat the next day and drastically improves in a week or month.
The first picture below shows the performance of the S&P and Dow after a 2% or more selloff.

The second picture shows the S&P performance after a 2%+ selloff on mondays over the last 20yrs. 94% of the time, the market outperformed by the following week.

If you didn't sell before the massive decline, it's counter-productive to sell afterwards
If you have cash, start putting money to work rather than congratulating yourself for avoiding the plunge
Reward far outweighs risks for anyone with a MEDIUM to LONG-TERM horizon.

Create a shopping list of quality stocks that are oversold and/or offer dividend. Again this is for long term investors, avoid high flyer names.

Some oversold quality stocks for long term investors I'm tracking.

ADS, AYI, CAL, DBI, ESNT, GEF, HY, MAC, PLCE, SAVE, STAY and SPG

Do your own research.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
Looks like any pharmaceutical company that announces that they are working on a Corona vaccine, their stock is immediately rewarded. Yesterday COCP was up as high as 92%, it is up almost 300% in 5 days. Today a small pharmaceutical company announced that its working on a vaccine, boom the stock has shot up 112%. This reminds me of the bitcoin stocks and rush from 2017.
You can make money just watching out for common patterns with these stocks, get in early and get out early. They are mostly small cap stocks with high volatility and their stock price can be easily manipulated.

Moderna (MRNA) is amongst the big pharm companies with a real chance and possibility to produce the vaccine; stock is up 50% from yesterday. This one is worth buying

*** the small pharmaceutical company i was referring to is TNXP***

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
YerYer:
Researchers have found that whenever the market drops by more than 2% In a day, the market rebounds somewhat the next day and drastically improves in a week or month.
The first picture below shows the performance of the S&P and Dow after a 2% or more selloff.

The second picture shows the S&P performance after a 2%+ selloff on mondays over the last 20yrs. 94% of the time, the market outperformed by the following week.

If you didn't sell before the massive decline, it's counter-productive to sell afterwards
If you have cash, start putting money to work rather than congratulating yourself for avoiding the plunge
Reward far outweighs risks for anyone with a MEDIUM to LONG-TERM horizon.

Create a shopping list of quality stocks that are oversold and/or offer dividend. Again this is for long term investors, avoid high flyer names.

Some oversold quality stocks for long term investors I'm tracking.

ADS, AYI, CAL, DBI, ESNT, GEF, HY, MAC, PLCE, SAVE, STAY and SPG

Do your own research.

Ever so true.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 12:12am On Feb 27, 2020
YerYer:
Looks like any pharmaceutical company that announces that they are working on a Corona vaccine, their stock is immediately rewarded. Yesterday COCP was up as high as 92%, it is up almost 300% in 5 days. Today a small pharmaceutical company announced that its working on a vaccine, boom the stock has shot up 112%. This reminds me of the bitcoin stocks and rush from 2017.
You can make money just watching out for common patterns with these stocks, get in early and get out early. They are mostly small cap stocks with high volatility and their stock price can be easily manipulated.

Moderna (MRNA) is amongst the big pharm companies with a real chance and possibility to produce the vaccine; stock is up 50% from yesterday. This one is worth buying

*** the small pharmaceutical company i was referring to is TNXP***

TNXP is up 167% today

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bjbjbj: 5:31am On Feb 27, 2020
DRIP and I swing MGI, RIOT. Today profit $79
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:38am On Feb 27, 2020
bjbjbj:

Interesting to know money is still being made as the market continues to go nuts.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:51am On Feb 27, 2020
As coronavirus spreads in Europe, and an official reported case in US, the world market continues to panic and the unexpected eventualities happen, it is advisable that forum members be as safe as possible in their investments.

If you are in profit, you may take your profits.
If you are in a bit of loss position, the decision is yours to either cut your losses or stay.
But it's more advisable to cut your losses and probably also take your profits and standby
to return when the market stabilises.

If you are sure you are a long term investor and very confident in the stocks you have in this category, no worries.

There is a positive to every negative if you can react correctly.
After huge market crashes comes opportunity to buy solid stocks that were once out of reach.
In the end, they recover faster and adds more value to your portfolio.

There is a sector apart from gold that naturally tends to benefit when the market is bearish like this.
Will come up with that soon.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bjbjbj: 11:43am On Feb 27, 2020
On Monday I was down $46
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 12:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
What is happening here?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lizshow: 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2020
Rosabon Treasury Note (RTN) is just for you ,Experience the seamless and convenient way to grow your funds.The RTN is the ultimate investment plan that guarantees premium interest rates on your funds.

With this plan, you enjoy highly competitive rates and an exciting opportunity to negotiate your interest rate on all funds above N1,000,000.
Rosabon is over 27 years of experience in the financial investment market
Over 61% of our clients have been long standing client
Were licensed and regulated by the CBN.
Multiple award-winning Financial services and Management company
Our office is at 32 montgomery road sabo yaba Lagos
For inquiry please call Treasury officer Elizabeth Awoniyi on 0 9 0 5 3 6 0 7 9 8 7/ 0 8 1 6 3 1 5 1 0 5 5

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:14pm On Feb 27, 2020
yom2:
What is happening here?

Coronavirus precautionary measures.
We are still looking for market winners as always. grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2020
nna777:

Gilead closed higher. up $3.20 gain. I think it's still a good buy. They are riding on their drug trial.

Your call is indeed gaining market attention.
This is why I love this forum.
GILD is waiting to hit $80 from yesterday's $74.70 price as soon as the market opens today.
You always find a winning stock no matter how bad the market falls.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Hottdawgg: 1:22pm On Feb 27, 2020
Whether this new idea of buying international stocks from Nigeria succeeds or not depends wholly on these intermediary platforms. I am yet to see one that inspires confidence.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2020
Hottdawgg:
Whether this new idea of buying international stocks from Nigeria succeeds or not depends wholly on these intermediary platforms. I am yet to see one that inspires confidence.
Hopefully, they can only improve or brokers who can have us trade directly come on board.

Till then, we remain positive, taking our destiny in our own hands. grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 2:24pm On Feb 27, 2020
OakPearl:

Your call is indeed gaining market attention.
This is why I love this forum.
GILD is waiting to hit $80 from yesterday's $74.70 price as soon as the market opens today.
You always find a winning stock no matter how bad the market falls.

grin grin grin. And many thanks to you too. I don't think I will have been interested in the US market if you hadn't started this tread. Better days ahead.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2020
bjbjbj:

I remember RIOT was one of the bitcoin darlings from late 2017. Surprised that company still exists. What platform do you use and are you day trading?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:00pm On Feb 27, 2020
nna777:

Gilead closed higher. up $3.20 gain. I think it's still a good buy. They are riding on their drug trial.

Will probably pick a small share or option position in this. Got into moderna yesterday, the stock is up 24%.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:00pm On Feb 27, 2020
Some stocks that are up premarket thanks to Corona virus. Some of these guys make masks, some are working on a vaccine or provide diagnostics. If this thing becomes pandemic, none of the current mask suppliers can even keep up with demand. Right now, many 3rd party sellers on amazon are price gauging the mask, some are selling as high as $120 each and it will not arrive until march.

TNXP 85%
AHPI 73%
CODX 85%
APT 49%
MRNA 25%
VXRT 22%
NNVC 17%

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:19pm On Feb 27, 2020
YerYer:
Some stocks that are up premarket thanks to Corona virus. Some of these guys make masks, some are working on a vaccine or provide diagnostics. If this thing becomes pandemic. None of the current mask suppliers can even keep up with demand. Right now, many 3rd party sellers on amazon are price gauging the mask, some are selling as high as $120 each and will not arrive until march.

TNXP 85%
AHPI 73%
CODX 85%
APT 49%
MRNA 25%
VXRT 22%
NNVC 17%

Timely and resourceful.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:42pm On Feb 27, 2020
Some of my positions that are up today

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2020
YerYer:
Market sell off. It needs to fall some more before I buy the dip. If there are reports of more infections in another country tomorrow, it will fall even more. We might have a little dead cat bounce, but don't catch a falling knife. If SPCE drops to $22, I'm buying.

SPCE @$22.3
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by budaatum: 5:53pm On Feb 27, 2020
YerYer:
Until that black swan moment when it drops and decides to not rebound for years!

Thankfully, such drops are rare, but some think one is due. So, with apologies.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bjbjbj: 6:16pm On Feb 27, 2020
Day trading and swing trade
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bjbjbj: 6:16pm On Feb 27, 2020
DRIP all the way to $200
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2020
YerYer:
Some of my positions that are up today

The ultimate is to understand the market inside-out.
This is why no one can predict the market.
Even with all things fundamental and technical looking good about the stock market, a sudden viral disease can emerge and make nonesence of every human permutation.

Understanding the market is knowing where next the money goes.
When the stock market is tanking, ETF's and gold stocks will be rising.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum