Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (612446 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kenneth6901: 9:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
How are you all doing ? I do believe we all are doing very well... Am very much interested in trading US stock but my expired passport has been a major setback, I've gone to renew it but uptil now over 2 months I've not been able to obtain it.

So, I ask, is there any reliable broker that would demand for BVN or other details apart from passport?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by budaatum: 12:00am On Mar 02, 2020
Amotekun2020:
Buffet was right... After all the criticisms, the oracle of Omaha was right. The day of cash has finally arrived. The war chest of the oracle totalling $120 billion can now do the needful.
Shortly after he released his letter, admitted his mistakes, he reassured investors that the market would fluctuates, they should consider berkshire Holdings in the listed companies as part ownership of the companies.
72 hours after the letter, he emerged as the best investor of all time.
I had read a lot of negative criticism of the oracle and how people compared the growth of berkshire as grossly underperformed the market due to expectations of buffet that the market was overpriced,
Based on the principle of value investing, Buffett has not made a major purchase in the past 3 years of Donald Trump administration. He was labeled a doomsayer.
An article published by Zac investors, stocks watch, opined that the market could no longer crash due to advent of ETFs and the anticipated growth of the concept.
In all these, Buffett stood his ground, insisted that the market was overpriced, meaning he cannot just be throwing cash at overpriced stocks coz of Donald Trump euphoria tax cuts. He did admits that Berkshire also benefited from the corporate Tax cuts.
Now is the time for value investors to buy the dip in the market.

https://www.nairaland.com/5714251/finikis
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:53am On Mar 02, 2020
Amotekun2020:
Buffet was right... After all the criticisms, the oracle of Omaha was right. The day of cash has finally arrived. The war chest of the oracle totalling $120 billion can now do the needful.
Shortly after he released his letter, admitted his mistakes, he reassured investors that the market would fluctuates, they should consider berkshire Holdings in the listed companies as part ownership of the companies.
72 hours after the letter, he emerged as the best investor of all time.
I had read a lot of negative criticism of the oracle and how people compared the growth of berkshire as grossly underperformed the market due to expectations of buffet that the market was overpriced,
Based on the principle of value investing, Buffett has not made a major purchase in the past 3 years of Donald Trump administration. He was labeled a doomsayer.
An article published by Zac investors, stocks watch, opined that the market could no longer crash due to advent of ETFs and the anticipated growth of the concept.
In all these, Buffett stood his ground, insisted that the market was overpriced, meaning he cannot just be throwing cash at overpriced stocks coz of Donald Trump euphoria tax cuts. He did admits that Berkshire also benefited from the corporate Tax cuts.
Now is the time for value investors to buy the dip in the market.

Obviously why he is called the wizard of Omaha. cheesy
Every market correction is an opportunity for value investors.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 10:20pm On Mar 02, 2020
OakPearl and Yer Yer...you did not show us any direction today...no stock picks....Come and navigate this US market for us oooo..you have been doing a great job here....
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kenneth6901: 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2020
How are you all doing ? I do believe we all are doing very well... Am very much interested in trading US stock but my expired passport has been a major setback, I've gone to renew it but uptil now over 2 months I've not been able to obtain it.

So, I ask, is there any reliable broker that would demand for BVN or other details apart from passport?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 9:53am On Mar 03, 2020
gamaliel9:
OakPearl and Yer Yer...you did not show us any direction today...no stock picks....Come and navigate this US market for us oooo..you have been doing a great job here....

Thanks bro. Yesterday was just so busy, I didn't have time to post. Will do so today. I'm glad to see the market bounce 5%, the sellers were exhausted. I'm still cautious though, but that's why I've been buying the dip in small amounts and will continue to do so.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2020
Feds cut interest rate and the market is going higher again. We shall see if Friday's close Is the bottom but regardless of what the feds do, there's still a contagious virus out there. I did buy a few SPCE and TSLA. Instead of using all your cash to buy at these levels, buy in small quantities and reduce your cost average as this may not be the bottom.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Infinitisi(m): 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
kenneth6901:

If you have the national ID or drivers license I think you should still be able to open an account with Trove, Bamboo or Chakka

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 10:26pm On Mar 03, 2020
Mehn the airline stocks are selling off right now. Google has halted all international travel for all their employees. Ford motors also halted travel for their employees. This is similar to what happened after the terrorist attacks on september 11th 2001 but after the bottom, the airline stocks had a V shape rally of 50%. Today we found out that Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway increased it's stake in Delta Airlines. I will be watching the airline stocks but mostly as they continue to fall as more news about travel restrictions from corporate america come to light. I like Southwest Airline (LUV). DOW swung 1500 points today, the bottom is usually very volatile.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bengurion1: 7:36am On Mar 04, 2020
YerYer:
Mehn the airline stocks are selling off right now. Google has halted all international travel for all their employees. Ford motors also halted travel for their employees. This is similar to what happened after the terrorist attacks on september 11th 2001 but after the bottom, the airline stocks had a V shape rally of 50%. Today we found out that Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway increased it's stake in Delta Airlines. I will be watching the airline stocks but mostly as they continue to fall as more news about travel restrictions from corporate america come to light. I like Southwest Airline (LUV). DOW swung 1500 points today, the bottom is usually very volatile.

Better oil dey your head
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 1:46pm On Mar 04, 2020
YerYer:

Good direction...see better compass..thank you Sir..
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 1:48pm On Mar 04, 2020
I also think that any stock that has to do with cruise and hotels should not be touched....
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by budaatum: 4:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
YerYer:
I believe airlines still have much further to fall, being they are a huge vector in Covid19 spread.

Expect a rout in 2nd and third quarters when disappointing summer travel data is released, and airline bailouts before then.

https://wolfstreet.com/2020/03/02/just-how-bad-is-it-going-to-get-for-us-airlines/

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 7:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
budaatum:

I believe airlines still have much further to fall, being they are a huge vector in Covid19 spread.

Expect a rout in 2nd and third quarters when disappointing summer travel data is released, and airline bailouts before then.

https://wolfstreet.com/2020/03/02/just-how-bad-is-it-going-to-get-for-us-airlines/

Oh absolutely, just that no one can time the market. That's why if you are a long term investor, put some money to work in trenches.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:30am On Mar 05, 2020
gamaliel9:

Thanks gamaliel9.
I did a stock focus on three stocks and the moderators promptly took it down.
I was banned for reasons unknown to me.
Very discouraging.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:34am On Mar 05, 2020
YerYer:

Thanks YerYer for keeping the tread alive.
You sure know how to sniff around for opportunities.
A badly beaten sector or market serves a very delicious investment opportunity on the plate if one monitors the bottom successfully.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 11:47am On Mar 05, 2020
OakPearl:

Thanks gamaliel9.
Very discouraging.

Whaaaat? But doing stock pick is not unethical nah....
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by momokiddies: 12:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
please help a novice, his much is the least someone could start with ? another question, how do I get my national ID card? thank you, in anticipation for a response. please do quote me
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2020
OakPearl:

Thanks gamaliel9.
Very discouraging.

That's messed up. I thought u were busy or something. Maybe you were banned by the anti spam bot.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
gamaliel9:

Whaaaat? But doing stock pick is not unethical nah....

My brother I tire oh.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:07pm On Mar 05, 2020
momokiddies:
please help a novice, his much is the least someone could start with ?
another question, how do I get my national ID card?
thank you, in anticipation for a response. please do quote me

I have not seen any of the Fintechs set a minimum amount.
So it depends on how much you have, knowing your N37,000 is equal to $100.

I have no idea how you can get your national ID.
You may find out about the option of obtaining your voters card instead.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:07pm On Mar 05, 2020
YerYer:

That's messed up. I thought u were busy or something. Maybe you were banned by the anti spam bot.

I wouldn't know their reasons but it's fine am back.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:17pm On Mar 05, 2020
People of this great forum, I make bold to say that no matter how red the markets are, there are still sectors or companies making people rich.

I have learnt that with careful planning and study, no matter how bad a situation is in the market, winners can still be found.

And so today I'd like to let you in on a watchlist I have been working on, personally developed and called "Corona".
The name "Corona" as you may have guessed right simply means in this era of this virus, they will continue to win.

It is amazing to realise that while other known major names are bleeding red wine in the market, the entire watchlist is green today.

I am already working on another I called "Post-Corona"...your guess is as good as mine about why it is called so. grin

You may do your due diligence and decide on the attached list.
I am uploading it to serve as reference point as to how far they can climb if the virus continues to bite.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OluwatobiMayowa: 3:35pm On Mar 06, 2020
Everything is on sale! Buy buy buy
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by doublestar21(m): 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2020
OakPearl:
People of this great forum, I make bold to say that no matter how red the markets are, there are still sectors or companies making people rich.

I have learnt that with careful planning and study, no matter how bad a situation is in the market, winners can still be found.

And so today I'd like to let you in on a watchlist I have been working on, personally developed and called "Corona".
The name "Corona" as you may have guessed right simply means in this era of this virus, they will continue to win.

It is amazing to realise that while other known major names are bleeding red wine in the market, the entire watchlist is green today.

I am already working on another I called "Post-Corona"...your guess is as good as mine about why it is called so. grin

I am uploading it to serve as reference point as to how far they can climb if the virus continues to bite.

Please which broker are you using?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
I'm tempted to short Cruise lines at this point. Not only are people canceling their bookings, those who have been brave enough to travel have been dealing with Corona virus exposure and ships prevented from docking due to the virus. It's just so expensive to short them now because they keep falling everyday.

Volatility has been so high. I will keep playing it. My TVIX call is up 155% so far.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 7:20pm On Mar 06, 2020
OakPearl:

Its like the zombie apocalypse from movies. People are stocking up on tissue paper, Clorox wipes, canned foods and just about anything they will need if this thing becomes pandemic. Costco is sold out on these items. Imagine 6 months worth of inventory sold within a week. I just bought 1 share of Clorox (CLX), might buy costco (COST) as well. Trying to keep positions under $300 in these names for now. Up 71% in Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO).

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 7:31pm On Mar 06, 2020
Gilead has returned $14 per share in less than a month. Go Gilead!!! Go Gilead!!!

It's clocked $80 grin grin grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:15am On Mar 07, 2020
OluwatobiMayowa:
Everything is on sale! Buy buy buy

Opportunity for those with deep pockets to cherry-pick.
Patience is all they will need to hammer big time.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:17am On Mar 07, 2020
doublestar21:

Please which broker are you using?

As a Nigerian resident, I am only allowed to trade through a fintech at the moment, who are licenced intermediaries with US brokers.
Trove and Chaka are the two platforms I use.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:20am On Mar 07, 2020
YerYer:
I'm tempted to short Cruise lines at this point. Not only are people canceling their bookings, those who have been brave enough to travel have been dealing with Corona virus exposure and ships prevented from docking due to the virus. It's just so expensive to short them now because they keep falling everyday.

Volatility has been so high. I will keep playing it. My TVIX call is up 155% so far.

Good thinking.
For us who may not be able to short, we pencil down these sort of stocks on our "Post-Corona" watchlist for obvious reasons. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59