Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (610604 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
OvaSabi1:
I just want to profer advice to the newbies here. Some "gurus" use demo accounts to show their gains. Some show gains in only one stock and will not show you losses for their portfolio as a whole. Some will show you gains for one day and one stock while the week/month as a whole is in red. I am happy for the genuine day traders making bag. It's not easy to be alert 24/7 doing technical analysis and being on the edge over your trades. I have been there and I know how it feels, we're all trying to survive, so I am not referring to you. I am referring to the impressionable newbies and dishonest gurus who are deliberately pushing a different narrative of day trading. I decided to stop commenting when someone here recommended Gold/silver ETFs because they're not too volatile. I will gradually limit my contribution here or stop commenting if I can, so that I don't offend anyone here. But like 4play said earlier, fact is fact.
Honestly, your contribution here has been so wonderful and I enjoy reading your posts. Please, don't stop. My opinion is just that as risky as trading short term is, some traders still do it successfully and they are not posting ''audio'' gains.

Like I stated in a previous post, I'm now 100% long term which is the reason I hardly post because I just couldn't keep up with daily happenings in the market anymore. However, I love to read those short-term wins from traders here. Let's refrain from comments that make it seem as if they are not doing it right. There is no single path that leads to wealth creation in the stock market.

By the way, I've been in the market for more than a decade and during my short-term trades, I never lost a cent in any position. My strategy was only to play short-term in fundamentally sound stock such that if prices refuse to rise due to market sentiments, I simply convert such trade to mid/long term holdings.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
4Play:

You might fly in a plane, or to a tourist destination, that is at full capacity but US airlines in general have grounded a lot of their planes for the foreseeable future. The problem is getting all their planes flying again, making profits whilst paying down the debts they have added in this period. It's one thing for an industry to get back on its feet, it's quote another for the industry's stock prices to get back to normal.

So again, airlines are good for short-term bounces but I would rather look for other less debt-laden and high-profit margin industries to play the long-term covid economic recovery.
I agree!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2020
This issue about the pros and cons of several investment strategies has become too repetitive and over-flogged. Once the point has been made, it is best to let it go and allow fellow forumites to read and digest as they so choose. I think its time to move on and focus on why we are all here and that is "to make money" in the market regardless of whether one is day trading, scalping, trading ETFs, mutual funds, precious metals, long-term, short-term etc.

There is no competition between different investment strategies. No strategy is superior to the other. In fact, while the "oracle of omaha', Warren Buffet got his fingers burnt investing in airlines, that does not reduce his relevance as one of the greatest and most profitable stock investors in the world. Buffet had to sell his stake in American Airlines and invested in Apple where he made a kill. In stock trading, there must be gains, as well as losses. Hence, the aim is to carry out due diligence to ensure that one invests in more winners than laggards, while limiting the losses.

For me, I won't invest in any stock and go to bed, regardless of whether it's Amazon or Apple, because fundamentals could change over time, requiring the investor to take quick decisions. We all can recall how much First Bank, Nigerian Breweries, WAPCO et al were trading between 2005 and 2008, but at this time they are trading far lower. Any investor that refused to move with the times and held First Bank for those number of years without selling and re-entering at a lower price, has unfortunately lost good money which can not be compensated by the meagre dividends.

OvaSabi1:
I just want to profer advice to the newbies here. Some "gurus" use demo accounts to show their gains. Some show gains in only one stock and will not show you losses for their portfolio as a whole. Some will show you gains for one day and one stock while the week/month as a whole is in red. I am happy for the genuine day traders making bag. It's not easy to be alert 24/7 doing technical analysis and being on the edge over your trades. I have been there and I know how it feels, we're all trying to survive, so I am not referring to you. I am referring to the impressionable newbies and dishonest gurus who are deliberately pushing a different narrative of day trading. I decided to stop commenting when someone here recommended Gold/silver ETFs because they're not too volatile. I will gradually limit my contribution here or stop commenting if I can, so that I don't offend anyone here. But like 4play said earlier, fact is fact.

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Keinding: 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
Skymoore1004:
You’re right.
I remember telling one to calm down with his screenshots. We get that you’re making gain, you don’t have to post it all the time.

Wether demo account or not, [/b]keep the screenshots or show off to yourself.[b]

Please @ovasabi1 we appreciate your contributions here. Don’t leave biko, na beg I dey beg. We love you here, me most especially.

This mindset is wrong!
Many a times people need a little push or encouragement and confidence when venturing into a new sphere of life ( be it a start of a new business or investing in foreign markets)
When someone posts his/her screenshot of daily buys or gains,it may encourage one to take the bold and initial step. Recall that the early contributors to this channel started by posting their screenshot, people asked questions and got encouragement along the way (you inclusive)
To then call such an act as "show off" is a little too salty.

I don't understand why people in this part of the world always read meaning to things even when intentions are clear. On so many international platforms that I am on, you see people posting their day trades, losses, gains, monthly yields, portfolio sizes etc and no one accuses or terms them as "show off" rather people ask pertinent questions ( how long have you held?, How long have you been in the market?, What were your biggest losses?, What economic indicators played a pivotal role in buying, holding or selling that asset? )

Please let's change this mindset!!

P.S: People posting their screenshots should not be deterred and continue to do so as they deem fit.

23 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Justcul(m): 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
This issue about the pros and cons of several investment strategies has become too repetitive and over-flogged. Once the point has been made, it is best to let it go and allow fellow forumites to read and digest as they so choose. I think its time to move on and focus on why we are all here and that is "to make money" in the market regardless of whether one is day trading, scalping, trading ETFs, mutual funds, precious metals, long-term, short-term etc.

There is no competition between different investment strategies. No strategy is superior to the other. In fact, while the "oracle of omaha', Warren Buffet got his fingers burnt investing in airlines, that does not reduce his relevance as one of the greatest and most profitable stock investors in the world. Buffet had to sell his stake in American Airlines and invested in Apple where he made a kill. In stock trading, there must be gains, as well as losses. Hence, the aim is to carry out due diligence to ensure that one invests in more winners than laggards, while limiting the losses.

For me, I won't invest in any stock and go to bed, regardless of whether it's Amazon or Apple, because fundamentals could change over time, requiring the investor to take quick decisions. We all can recall how much First Bank, Nigerian Breweries, WAPCO et al were trading between 2005 and 2008, but at this time they are trading far lower. Any investor that refused to move with the times and held First Bank for those number of years without selling and re-entering at a lower price, has unfortunately lost good money which can not be compensated by the meagre dividends.

Well said!

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
Keinding:

This mindset is wrong!
Many a times people need a little push or encouragement and confidence when venturing into a new sphere of life ( be it a start of a new business or investing in foreign markets)
When someone posts his/her screenshot of daily buys or gains,it may encourage one to take the bold and initial step. Recall that the early contributors to this channel started by posting their screenshot, people asked questions and got encouragement along the way (you inclusive)

I don't understand why people in this part of the world always read meaning to things even when intentions are clear. On so many international platforms that I am on, you see people posting their day trades, losses, gains, monthly yields, portfolio sizes etc and no one accuses or terms them as "show off" rather people ask pertinent questions ( how long have you held?, How long have you been in the market?, What were your biggest losses?, What economic indicators played a pivotal role in buying, holding or selling that asset? )

P.S: People posting their screenshots should not be deterred and continue to do so as they deem fit.

Thank you, i was hoping they'll ask me how i get my entries and maybe expand the convo to a point where we start alerting each other about stocks popping off.

I'll stop posting the gains, looks like it upsets some.

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 11:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
From the bottom of my heart, I really don’t care what you say on this rn. It’s show off when you only post gains, and not losses as well. @ovasabi1 already said it all, I don’t have anymore to add.

I said what I said, so it will be a personal problem if you or someone thinks otherwise.
Keinding:

This mindset is wrong!

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Ibrahim505(m): 12:18am On Aug 16, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Thank you, i was hoping they'll ask me how i get my entries and maybe expand the convo to a point where we start alerting each other about stocks popping off.

I'll stop posting the gains, looks like it upsets some.

Keep posting your gains bro, it motivates us.
Ignore those complaining for they are trapped.

12 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 12:25am On Aug 16, 2020
We have left discussing how to make money and digressed to other mundane things.

For Pete's sake, we are investors/traders.

How can you refer to yourself as such if you are easily swayed (or offended) by someone's screenshots? If the person wants to post his profit, so be it. You have a personal responsibility to be swayed or not.

I would have preferred if this argument was about technical and fundamentals not this admonitions and moralistic posture people are just taking here.

If someone posted that he wants to invest in gold etfs, that is his level of understanding at this moment. He may or may not have a point. Bufett just recently invested in gold stocks after scoffing at gold for decades.

Why not ask and engage that person constructively? Why not let the argument be on his startegy, technical, fundamentals? Rather than implying that you are doing us a favour by commenting on the thread.

Other races have advanced and left us because they help and share within themselves, not through a 'holier than thou' attitude. Where did all this negative energy come from sef?

The reason for this thread was for us to learn and share. If you can't engage constructively with someone who has a diffrent investing approach to yours then you have a long way to go.

Learn to tolerate other people's investing views. That is what makes the market an interesting and unpredictable place. We are not in a school where everyone is expected to abide by the same set of instructions.

11 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 12:33am On Aug 16, 2020
OvaSabi1:

This is a very healthy discussion to have. I'm by far the one person that post screenshots of my trades here and I've been called a "guru" here just as well as Oakpearl and many others. I wouldn't personally call myself a guru but this thread seem to breed a culture of mutual respect. I address people as "sir" and "ma", granted I'm sure i'm older than some people I salute in this manner, but again, its out of mutual respect. No one here is trying to outshine or belittle anyone. So you may not be talking about me directly, but I just want to point out that at least 80% of screenshots showing gains on this thread have been posted by me.

I've been investing in stocks since 2015 when I stumbled upon a thread here on nairaland by Jideams. Because of that thread, I got the confidence to finally test the waters in stock investing; before that, I just had money sitting in the bank earning less than 0.1% in interest. I have always used TD Ameritrade because they are easily the best broker in the business and anyone in the U.S, Europe and other countries can download the app for themselves and compare the UI between the demo and real accounts. I use both their TD Ameritrade and ThinkorSwim apps, they have different color schemes but your trades are in sync with each other, meaning any trade I carry out on the TD Ameritrade app or website automatically syncs on their ThinkorSwim platform and vice versa. They also provide a demo account for the ThinkorSwim platform but there's a difference in the color schemes, UI and a lack of an actual account number. Again please do not take this as a rebuttal for what you posted, its possible you are talking about folks on other websites like say Reddit posting trades with demo accounts and making it seem like its a real account, but I just want to say this because I'm sure there might be other people thinking along those lines.

In regards to posting weekly or monthly P/L, not everyone would feel comfortable revealing that much detail about their account. If not because of how busy I've gotten, I usually indicate what stocks i'm buying and I post screenshots of my entry. I also update when i'm selling or if i'm still holding. Anyone can calculate the weekly or monthly rate of return from those trades because they were posted at entry and exit, so there's no element of deceit. Occasionally, I might post screenshot of stocks being discussed on the forum that I hold or if a stock is in the headlines. I'm definitely not a day trader, however, If a company makes an announcement that might significantly move the stock price, I might initiate a small trade, ride the wave for a day or two and sell off.

You are a big advocate of long term investing and having a portfolio that mirrors the performance of the S&P and beats inflation. This is great and I strongly support whoever wants to take this approach but at the same time if we only talk about investing in indexes, there wouldn't be a need for this thread. I also invest in indexes and etfs via a traditional IRA, Roth IRA and a 403B; these are long term retirement accounts. But I also like to mix things up with short to medium term trades.

Let me close by saying no one should feel down because they aren't seeing the types of gains others are talking about. We know little drops of water make the mighty ocean. Any gains being posted here should serve as an encouragement and not a focus of discontentment. Our paths may vary, but we are all on the same journey to financial independence. No one here is selling any investment newsletter so seriously we should rejoice with people when they are making money, no matter how little. I love to read stories of new investors finally taking the initiative to invest in stocks and talk about their progress; they should be commended and encouraged because it does take guts to risk real money as a beginner. Like you said, it might serve most new investors well just buying an index and adding to it periodically, but there are also some new and more experienced investors here who want to pick stocks in specific companies for various reasons and that's fine as well. Lastly, new investors should stay the course and not just seek out quick profits, the power of compounding over many years will put you ahead.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 1:19am On Aug 16, 2020
What kind of trading do you typically do?
Dayy trading stocks
Swing trading stocks
Day trading options
Swing trading options
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abraolas1: 4:32am On Aug 16, 2020
Skymoore1004:
From the bottom of my heart, I really don’t care what you say on this rn. It’s show off when you only post gains, and not losses as well. @ovasabi1 already said it all, I don’t have anymore to add.

I said what I said, so it will be a personal problem if you or someone thinks otherwise.

Last time I check nothing stop anyone from scrolling any screenshot of gains posted here if it's affecting your views and focus on what you want to see....For me have been more motivated by them infact that makes me find a way to connect to Nigsrdumb who in turn create time for a little coaching and he explain how trading works and different kind of techniques he is using for me and through him I was able to start something..... More also i have been able to learn from all of you as a newbie no disrespect to anyone.... lets all remain focus

Thanks

7 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Harbelly: 4:41am On Aug 16, 2020
Keinding:

This mindset is wrong!

You could not have said it any better really. I think is very wrong to summarily conclude or tag other’s postings as show offs when there’s no proof to back such claims. We are not here to compete but to learn and be motivated. What doesn’t work for you may work for others but that doesn’t make you a failure or the other person a liar. We all need to discover the strategy that best suits us. The road to wealth creation is not a one way street what matters is we all meet at the top and live to tell the stories. If you are loosing today you may want retrace your steps. Ask yourself what you are doing wrong and maybe ask pertinent questions from people posting these “show offs”. If their explanations does not match up it will be glaring for all to see. But sitting at a distance and tagging others fake it’s not just acceptable and it reeks of envy a prominent problem in this part of the world.

8 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 7:15am On Aug 16, 2020
Don’t tell people what to do or what not to do. Do yours and let people do theirs.
Personally, I read all the posts here, gain some ideas and act on them or disregard them as the case may. Understandably not everyone has certain level of financial discipline or discretion. For those, the first rule of thumb should be that investment in stocks is not a get rich quick thing.
Presently, I did NIO from advice here, in that I am at down ( trading patience on this) also I did Nikola from advice here, with that I am up. No blames, no praises.
Any adult is supposed to bear or enjoy the outcomes of their individual choices.
I am not sure if there is any incentive for people to be sneaky here with advice.
However, that is not to say that I don’t suspect that some of those who comment here might not be agents for the fintechs in Nigeria. As this is the only rational reason someone might want to paint a rosy picture. But how would they even know who will go with what fintech? The other one might be ego boosting, but what does it profit in a faceless forum? The third one, which is an unfounded suspicion is that, someone might do that to attract potential “clients” - the “ I sent you a private message crews” . Those ones I pity the most.
Finally, this thread has been my best on NL

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by EASYLIFE4US: 7:20am On Aug 16, 2020
Bitcoin is the future, earn with no investment while you can now...check my signature
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 8:31am On Aug 16, 2020
Jayjaycee18:

Thanks, Jayjaycee. Your first sentence/paragraph was the reason I had to share a post after a long time of silence. In fact, I have friends who have been in the stock market for many years and their investment style is so dynamic that they combine all these strategies brilliantly.

Personally, I have no issues with a reminder of the pros and cons of any strategy but repetition of the same is what seems tiring and boring. Like a man I so much respect in the stock market will always say: different strokes for different folks. Just do what works for you.

As a matter of fact, what is life without taking calculated risks?!

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Sachiopropty(m): 8:57am On Aug 16, 2020
Currency exchange rates for today, Aug 15, 2020.⁣

USD. GBP. EUR

•Buy $470. 598. 540

•Sell $475. 610. 547

Bureau De Change

Call :08187692998

#Forex #Fx #CBN #ExchangeRate #Naira #Pounds #Euro #Dollars #Nigeria
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 10:32am On Aug 16, 2020
Boss, I smile always at your posts.
Please keep up the good work, we are following.... tongue

YerYer:

This is a very healthy discussion to have. I'm by far the one person that post screenshots of my trades here and I've been called a "guru" here just as well as Oakpearl and many others. I wouldn't personally call myself a guru but this thread seem to breed a culture of mutual respect. I address people as "sir" and "ma", granted I'm sure i'm older than some people I salute in this manner, but again, its out of mutual respect. No one here is trying to outshine or belittle anyone. So you may not be talking about me directly, but I just want to point out that at least 80% of screenshots showing gains on this thread have been posted by me.

I've been investing in stocks since 2015 when I stumbled upon a thread here on nairaland by Jideams. Because of that thread, I got the confidence to finally test the waters in stock investing; before that, I just had money sitting in the bank earning less than 0.1% in interest. I have always used TD Ameritrade because they are easily the best broker in the business and anyone in the U.S, Europe and other countries can download the app for themselves and compare the UI between the demo and real accounts. I use both their TD Ameritrade and ThinkorSwim apps, they have different color schemes but your trades are in sync with each other, meaning any trade I carry out on the TD Ameritrade app or website automatically syncs on their ThinkorSwim platform and vice versa. They also provide a demo account for the ThinkorSwim platform but there's a difference in the color schemes, UI and a lack of an actual account number. Again please do not take this as a rebuttal for what you posted, its possible you are talking about folks on other websites like say Reddit posting trades with demo accounts and making it seem like its a real account, but I just want to say this because I'm sure there might be other people thinking along those lines.

In regards to posting weekly or monthly P/L, not everyone would feel comfortable revealing that much detail about their account. If not because of how busy I've gotten, I usually indicate what stocks i'm buying and I post screenshots of my entry. I also update when i'm selling or if i'm still holding. Anyone can calculate the weekly or monthly rate of return from those trades because they were posted at entry and exit, so there's no element of deceit. Occasionally, I might post screenshot of stocks being discussed on the forum that I hold or if a stock is in the headlines. I'm definitely not a day trader, however, If a company makes an announcement that might significantly move the stock price, I might initiate a small trade, ride the wave for a day or two and sell off.

You are a big advocate of long term investing and having a portfolio that mirrors the performance of the S&P and beats inflation. This is great and I strongly support whoever wants to take this approach but at the same time if we only talk about investing in indexes, there wouldn't be a need for this thread. I also invest in indexes and etfs via a traditional IRA, Roth IRA and a 403B; these are long term retirement accounts. But I also like to mix things up with short to medium term trades.

Let me close by saying no one should feel down because they aren't seeing the types of gains others are talking about. We know little drops of water make the mighty ocean. Any gains being posted here should serve as an encouragement and not a focus of discontentment. Our paths may vary, but we are all on the same journey to financial independence. No one here is selling any investment newsletter so seriously we should rejoice with people when they are making money, no matter how little. I love to read stories of new investors finally taking the initiative to invest in stocks and talk about their progress; they should be commended and encouraged because it does take guts to risk real money as a beginner. Like you said, it might serve most new investors well just buying an index and adding to it periodically, but there are also some new and more experienced investors here who want to pick stocks in specific companies for various reasons and that's fine as well. Lastly, new investors should stay the course and not just seek out quick profits, the power of compounding over many years will put you ahead.

7 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by MediaTools: 11:04am On Aug 16, 2020
You can only use limit calculator to find out the right numbers
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by mikol(m): 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
@ OakPeal, YerYer, Skymoore1004 and others.
Good day to you. Which one is the best in opening an account with trading 212 for someone with a resident in Europe. Will it be better for the person to open the account with Nigeria resident or European resident?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
mikol:
@ OakPeal, YerYer, Skymoore1004 and others.
Good day to you. Which one is the best in opening an account with trading 212 for someone with a resident in Europe. Will it be better for the person to open the account with Nigeria resident or European resident?

Follow your source(s) of funding the account.
If Nigeria, then NGN & if EU, EUR.

But note that sourcing FX in Nigeria comes with premium, parallel market.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bridget001: 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
If you are a newbie like me in US stocks and don't have dollar card nor domiciliary account, but have Naira card, this thread is for you.

https://www.nairaland.com/6049225/discover-how-free-yourself-naira#92891686
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Earnings for the week

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 12:18am On Aug 17, 2020
Keinding:

This mindset is wrong!

Well said

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sircatherine45(m): 12:36am On Aug 17, 2020
Cara12:
[color=#006600][/color]

Alright, thanks a lot. I was thinking d restriction only limits one's spending per month. I'ld keep trying anyways....though it's frustrating

use BTC na
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sircatherine45(m): 12:53am On Aug 17, 2020
I wish to have a broker who can allow me to fund my portfolio with BTC. It would really be nice...

We are entering a new week...

My choice picks for this week:
Apple
Visa
Microsoft (50/50)

My worst(or maybe best) picks:
Facebook
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by smitten99: 2:22am On Aug 17, 2020
Please is Trading 212 still working or are there alternatives to go with?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 11:12am On Aug 17, 2020
Stocks under $10 to watch this week include:
1. $BGFV ($6.65): Strong sales growth in 2Q20 and a re-instated dividend with ex-div date of August 31st.
2. $XSPA ($3.09): Planned expansion of its Covid-19 testing facilities to Newark Airport NJ, after commencing at JFK Airport NY.
3. $HL ($6.04): Outperformed its peers, in spite of Covid-19 disruptions; reported highest quarterly silver production since 2016.
4. $HMHC ($2.77): Missed 2Q20 earnings estimate by $0.03, but this education play is expected to outperform the market in the near future.
5. $OPKO ($4.80): Q2 EPS of $0.05 beat estimate of $-0.07. Exciting contracts to test NFL, NBA and MLS sportsmen.
6. $ABUS ($3.47): Missed 2Q20 EPS estimates by $0.01, but holds key patent for the lipid nanoparticle (LNP) technology delivery system for Covid-19 vaccines being tested by these 3 coys, $PFE/BioNTech, CureVac & Morderna ($MRNA). Huge royalty expected if any of these vaccines is approved.

As always, DD is required before investing in any stock.

Disclosure: I own shares of all the companies listed above and currently down -5% in $BGFV and -18% in $ABUS. Using dollar-cost averaging (DCA) investment strategy to reduce average purchase price in $ABUS by buying the dips, while i wait for these to come through.

Bonne Chance!

10 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Itohanmiwa: 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
Guys what do you think about Gold?... I hear the dollar is gradually gaining strength, so that should be positive news for every stock and commodity under $ control.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 5:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
Itohanmiwa:
Guys what do you think about Gold?... I hear the dollar is gradually gaining strength, so that should be positive news for every stock and commodity under $ control.

If the dollar is gaining strength then expect the price of gold to dip. This is because gold would become more expensive in other currencies which have weakened in relation to a strong/ rising dollar. This would reduce demand and make gold price fall. This is what happens in most, but not all cases.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by chunkuli: 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2020
please can you share the stocks you are 100% long term in?
seyisanya:
Honestly, your contribution here has been so wonderful and I enjoy reading your posts. Please, don't stop. My opinion is just that as risky as trading short term is, some traders still do it successfully and they are not posting ''audio'' gains.

Like I stated in a previous post, I'm now 100% long term which is the reason I hardly post because I just couldn't keep up with daily happenings in the market anymore. However, I love to read those short-term wins from traders here. Let's refrain from comments that make it seem as if they are not doing it right. There is no single path that leads to wealth creation in the stock market.

By the way, I've been in the market for more than a decade and during my short-term trades, I never lost a cent in any position. My strategy was only to play short-term in fundamentally sound stock such that if prices refuse to rise due to market sentiments, I simply convert such trade to mid/long term holdings.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by proprp: 1:39am On Aug 18, 2020
Yes it is. Freetrade app is another free alternative.
smitten99:
Please is Trading 212 still working or are there alternatives to go with?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.