Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (609961 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2020
Earnings for the week

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2020
posty56:
Chai my portfolio from my first trade angry angry cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't panic. Patience is the name of the game.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 7:10pm On Dec 19, 2020
1kinggy:

Don't panic. Patience is the name of the game.
thanks, please now give me your WhatsApp number abeg I can write it in letter form to avoid ban.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 12:50am On Dec 20, 2020
10 Powerful Ways To Maintain Conviction In A Losing Trade:

In a perfect Wall Street world, every trade would be a winner right from day one right up until the day you sell.

Any real-world trader knows trades and investments don’t always go according to plan, especially in the short-term.

It can be extremely difficult to see red in your trading account day after day and stick to your guns on a trade. Here are 10 tips on how to maintain conviction in your trading and investment ideas.

Have a clear thesis: Before you buy a stock, you need to have a clear fundamental and/or technical reason for buying. If you don’t have a clearly defined reason to buy a stock in the first place, you don’t have a good reason to hold onto it when the trade goes against you.

Remember why you bought: Sometimes, a thesis doesn’t play out the way you thought it would. When a trade goes south, consider whether your original thesis still holds up. If it does, it can serve as a reminder to stick to your guns.

Have a defined trading strategy: Identifying a stock you want to buy is just step one in the process. Before you take a position, know what you will do if the stock goes up, what you will do if it goes down and what you will do if it goes sideways. There are plenty of different strategies that work, but having a clear strategy provides comfort on red days.

Keep emotions out of it: Listening to your emotions probably never got you a better grade on a math test in school and it won’t get you back in the black on a down day for your portfolio. The best traders know to always keep a clear head and make calculated, rational decisions.

Have an exit strategy: Whether it be a target price, a trailing stop-loss, a technical signal or any other indicator, it’s always a good idea to know when to cash in or throw in the towel on a trade. Having an exit strategy and sticking to it can prevent you from panic-selling a good trade or taking a bigger loss on a loser than you anticipated.

Have an appropriate position size: If you’ve bet more on a stock that you are comfortable losing, the fear of loss may be too much to overcome, and it may pressure you to abandon a good idea before it plays out fully.

Stay informed: Depending on your strategy, watch the charts, monitor the headlines and make sure you are tracking what’s going on with your stock. Knowing you are well-informed on everything that’s going on with a stock can help you maintain your conviction in a particular thesis.

Be patient: The best traders often beat the rest of the market to the punch, which means it could take more time than anticipated for a trade to play out. The Nasdaq hit 3,000 in November 1999, about 14 years before it should have. Yet anyone who shorted the index at that point in the infamous dot-com bubble had to wait another year before that trade turned a profit.

Learn from your mistakes: When a trade doesn’t work out, do a post-mortem to understand what didn’t work and why. The more you understand the mistakes of the past, the more conviction you will have in your future trades.

Don’t let others get in your head: While it’s always smart to consider outside advice, don’t let someone else talk you out of a trade you believe in just because you’re in the red.
The investing world and social media are full of people who have 20-20 hindsight when it comes to investing. If you listen to them too much, it can make you feel like every single trade should be a winner and every day should bring a profit.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 12:56am On Dec 20, 2020
Compliments of the season friends. It's really been awhile. Great work is been done by Oakpearl and others great minds here.

I just thought of sharing the above article for the sake of the newbies in the house.

Please stay green and stay invested.

Cheers.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 12:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
posty56:
How much did you invest?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 12:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
posty56:
SO AS A NEWBIE IN STOCK I BOUGHT RRD STOCK FOR $1.92, ONLY FOR ME TO SEE IT DROP TO ABOUT $1.45, ,IT KEPT DROPPING SO I PANICKED AND SOLD IT , MAKING A LOSS, TODAY RRD IS AT $2.01 WHICH WOULD HAVE COVERED MY THE MONEY I INVESTED.

MORAL LESSON: BE PATIENT, CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS AND DO YOUR DD, THANK YOU.
Lol! Listen to the gurus here. Follow them like me ask questions most importantly read more and comment less

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 12:12pm On Dec 20, 2020
pcguru1:
So I went to the bank to get statement and uploaded document, and still trade 212 rejected regardless if anyone has any idea but for the time I think I will just go with bamboo for now, but won't mind advises. Thanks so far
Switch to trove

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
Leezah:
Lol! Listen to the gurus here. Follow them like me ask questions most importantly read more and comment less
ok thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
Leezah:
How much did you invest?
about 50k
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
posty56:
about 50k
I will advise as they advised me, to grow the capital called capital appreciation don't look out for dividend for now.

Also, follow the ogas here most especially OakPearl.

I will say you just paid your school fees but trust me 2021 will be a blast for you.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
Leezah:
I will advise as they advised me, to grow the capital called capital appreciation don't look out for dividend for now.

Also, follow the ogas here most especially OakPearl.

I will say you just paid your school fees but trust me 2021 will be a blast for you.
thank you very much,I don enter ghost mode.make I shut up and watch them.Once again thank you ma.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 12:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
posty56:
thank you very much,I don enter ghost mode.make I shut up and watch them.Once again thank you ma.
wink
posty56:
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ggoldmine: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
I can't help but notice that your portfolio is the same as the stocks that were reported as top gains on Trove app. You should do more research than trading daily top gains.
posty56:
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
posty56:

You guys don't listen to good advice.

I'll try and help you, hopefully you'll trust this advice.

Go on telegram, search for (Bamboo, chaka, wealth hackers, stock pickers) group's.

Join them, lot's of information flowing through.

This thread isn't the best way.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 1:15pm On Dec 20, 2020
posty56:

Bro., there are some stocks you can never go wrong irrespective of the volatility. Check my last recommendations/long list post and ensure you stay in that safe region/portfolio at least for now. Don't start with day-trading...

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Highlyfavoured3: 10:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
1kinggy:

I started with Bamboo & Chaka: holding everything their for the longterm.

T212: started with trading but I think I'm better off doing mid to long term things.
Please house, what hedge does 212 has over Bamboo/Chaka? Just curious.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 10:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
Nigerian Government coming to frustrate our fintech..

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:30am On Dec 21, 2020
BREAKING!
The American Congress finally reached a deal today Sunday on a $900 billion corona virus stimulus/relief package.

Stock futures have responded with a rise during trading on Sunday.

The stock market will most likely be green this week beginning from Monday.
If you hold good stocks, hang in there for a good lift.

Santa came early. grin
Have a merry Christmas!

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:17am On Dec 21, 2020
Kennyking1234:
Nigerian Government coming to frustrate our fintech..

Don't mind that useless government.

I hope this won't apply to Trove too?

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 7:01am On Dec 21, 2020
Highlyfavoured3:
Please house, what hedge does 212 has over Bamboo/Chaka? Just curious.

-Zero commission.
-Large variety of stocks.
-Day trading (No good faith violation).

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sulaimon22: 7:38am On Dec 21, 2020
1kinggy:

-Zero commission.

Pls can you explain more on that good faith violation
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OgaEngr: 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
OakPearl:
BREAKING!
The American Congress finally reached a deal today Sunday on a $900 billion corona virus stimulus/relief package.

Santa came early. grin
Have a merry Christmas!

This is what everyone expected. However, a new strain of COVID-19 that is about 70% more transmissible was discovered in the UK recently. Their PM effectively lockdown London and South East of the country as a result with fellow European countries banning travel to and from UK. This is putting a lot of pressure in the market. Currently Dow Future is down 1.85%, NASDAQ Future is down 1.30% while S&P Future is down over 2% in the premarket.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skyfly007: 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
OakPearl:
BREAKING!

Santa came early. grin
Have a merry Christmas!
The new coronavirus strain from UK has affected investors despite the new stimulus package..

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Highlyfavoured3: 3:12am On Dec 22, 2020
1kinggy:

-Zero commission.

Oh, thanks a lot. I hope there is no delay with withdrawal.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 3:45am On Dec 22, 2020
ebuka1997:

Deal, we see at $150 cool

Pton, one of my best stocks. Just ignore the noise and stay long term

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/12/21/peloton-to-acquire-fitness-equipment-maker-precor-for-420-million.html
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ambitiouschap17: 9:59am On Dec 22, 2020
1kinggy:

-Zero commission.

Please how do I register on 212 they are asking for tax ID, I don't have any.
Cc oakpearl and everyone.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:57am On Dec 22, 2020
OgaEngr:

This is what everyone expected. However, a new strain of COVID-19 that is about 70% more transmissible was discovered in the UK recently. Their PM effectively lockdown London and South East of the country as a result with fellow European countries banning travel to and from UK. This is putting a lot of pressure in the market. Currently Dow Future is down 1.85%, NASDAQ Future is down 1.30% while S&P Future is down over 2% in the premarket.

Very true @new covid-19 strain.
Warming up to see what next step to take if the market buckles at this second wave.

1st wave has taught me that there is always money in the market for every turn of event.
We watch.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:01am On Dec 22, 2020
OgaEngr:

True that.
Should the entire market be affected like in March, that will be a grand opportunity to cherry-pick some excellent stocks at bargain prices.
Who knows, the market may not get too beaten with the timely approval of the stimulus package.
Fingers crossed.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OgaEngr: 11:31am On Dec 22, 2020
OakPearl:

True that.
Should the entire market be affected like in March, that will be a grand opportunity to cherry-pick some excellent stocks at bargain prices.
Who knows, the market may not get too beaten with the timely approval of the stimulus package.
Fingers crossed.

I don’t see the market getting crushed again like in March anytime soon. By the way, yesterday ended up being one of my best days. My Battery/solar OTC stocks skyrocketed. $Gevo, $msft, some SPACs and EVs in my portfolio did very well too

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 11:49am On Dec 22, 2020
Please house....
Does my bank statement as sent to me in my mail suffice for my T212 account activation?

This thing is looking "one kind" for my eyes undecided
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Willie2015: 11:52am On Dec 22, 2020
DexterousOne:
Please house....
Does my bank statement as sent to me in my mail suffice for my T212 account activation?

This thing is looking "one kind" for my eyes undecided

In as much as it is signed and stamped by the Bank
Its okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum