Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,960 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (613064 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:59am On Dec 24, 2020
yom2:
do they have as much stock on their platform as 212? Cos when some one said drive wealth is their partner, I fear they may have the same limitations like bamboo and Chaka where 80% of the stocks are missing. That's d misery am going through right now.

80% of the stocks missing??
Or you mean 80% of penny stocks?
Passfolio has the same list of stocks as Trove, with penny stocks not as plentiful as in T212.
Be careful with penny stocks oo. There are so many mid-cap stocks that can give us mad returns, and these Nigerian apps and Passfolio have them.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Ayomarcel(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2020
bigrovar:

I dont even know why this is a question or why chaka is even popular on here. First of, chaka has a trade commission of 2% that means chaka would charge you 2 dollars from every 100 dollar of trade buying or selling. This is the highest in the business. Trove charges 1% and Bamboo Invest charges 1.5%.

Chaka has the worst customer service and they are not transparent about ownership of their shares or who their clearing house broker is. Their exchange rate is also the most ridiculous, when I tired them back in September, they were charging 475 for dollars when everyone was charging 465. Did I say how bad their support is? They could not answer most of the questions I asked mostly about stock ownership, do I own the stocks I buy through them or is chaka the custodian owner. I really tried using them but in the end I just felt this is not a serious company.

I am not surprised of their issues with SEC which has banned them from advertising or even selling stocks.

Sorry to disturb you. So Trove is the way forward?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bigrovar(m): 8:57am On Dec 24, 2020
Ayomarcel:

Sorry to disturb you. So Trove is the way forward?
I don't use trove but on paper they seem to have the cheapest trade commission of 1% compared to bamboo which is at 1.5% (for portfolio below 10k dollars) someone somewhere complained about their older charges but I can not varify. I use passfolio because of their 0 trade commission and because compared to the Nigerian based services like bamboo and trove.. They are actually a registered broker in the US and are member of FINRA SIPC. They also use drivewealth which means they have same stocks as to have and bamboo. Do your own investigation and figure out what works for you.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 9:10am On Dec 24, 2020
bigrovar:

I don't use trove but on paper they seem to have the cheapest trade commission of 1% compared to bamboo which is at 1.5% (for portfolio below 10k dollars) someone somewhere complained about their older charges but I can not varify. I use passfolio because of their 0 trade commission and because compared to the Nigerian based services like bamboo and trove.. They are actually a registered broker in the US and are member of FINRA SIPC. They also use drivewealth which means they have same stocks as to have and bamboo. Do your own investigation and figure out what works for you.

What do I need to register with them? Passport? Bank statement? BVN?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 10:05am On Dec 24, 2020
European markets tend to underperform their North American colleagues due to their lack of FAAN(M)G heavy stocks. I searched for industrial revolution and green energy ETFs that were TSLA heavy but couldn't find much. I have seen told that I can create a pie by myself on trading 212 but I don't have the time and expertise to consistently and effectively rebalance my holdings.
Is passfolio a better alternative then?

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gbosah91(m): 10:31am On Dec 24, 2020
I don't really understand this Etf, I have read about it, but it seems not to sink. I'm still a newbie in stock, with a strong knowledge in crypto. Please baba here can explain it to me in layman.
Ps: I know Etf is like a basket with many stock or bond.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 11:13am On Dec 24, 2020
OvaSabi1:
European markets tend to underperform their North American colleagues due to their lack of FAAN(M)G heavy stocks. I searched for industrial revolution and green energy ETFs that were TSLA heavy but couldn't find much. I have seen told that I can create a pie by myself on trading 212 but I don't have the time and expertise to consistently and effectively rebalance my holdings.

Madam, longest time. Compliments.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 11:21am On Dec 24, 2020
InaNla:

Madam, longest time. Compliments.

Compliments of the season and happy new year in advance ma'am

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 11:32am On Dec 24, 2020
OvaSabi1:
European stocks usually trade wiyhin a tight range not due to the comoany put their approach to investing which is usually mkre conservatuve and discplines unlike the US where extreme capitalism is pushing everyone to greed.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 11:33am On Dec 24, 2020
OvaSabi1:
European stocks usually trade within a tight range not due to the comoany put their approach to investing which is usually more conservative and discplined unlike the US where extreme capitalism is pushing everyone to greed.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 11:33am On Dec 24, 2020
gbosah91:
I don't really understand this Etf, I have read about it, but it seems not to sink. I'm still a newbie in stock, with a strong knowledge in crypto. Please baba here can explain it to me in layman.
Ps: I know Etf is like a basket with many stock or bond.

An ETF basically helps to diversify risks and take advantage of growth prospects in a particular sector of the stock market. So you have various companies like Vanguard, Ark, Fidelity, Invesco, ishares, etc that will buy a percentage of stocks in let's say tech sector or consumer goods or energy companies or marijuana companies or green energy or pharmaceutical companies. Etc. Do you get the picture now? These people are called fund managers. They have analysts that have taken their time to look into these companies in detail and with more expertise. They do this over decades and compare with other sectors, they go through every atom of the companies' business.

So you only have to search for top performing ETFs. Or if you have recently heard that Biden is about to invest in green energy companies, you will search for ETFs invested in green energy. If you hear that marijuana is legalised federally and passed by Congress, you will search for MJ ETFs. This is better than buying just one marijuana single stock like Aurora Cannabis. AC maybe involved in some kind of fraudulent scheme or something can suddenly disrupt it's supply chain. Or key management may be problematic. The next day, the whole of your portfolio is down. But if it was an ETF, you may not even notice this.

With an ETF, you don't need to subscribe to so much financial market news or keep logging in and out of your social media apps or waiting for earnings call, or stop loss orders. If your portfolio is down, the whole market is likely down, so it will give you some form of comfort.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 11:40am On Dec 24, 2020
By the way, you can make a decent gain with ETFs. ARKK for example has returned 148% this year alone. If you had invested $1000 around April, you'd have about $2500 by now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 11:43am On Dec 24, 2020
Another good ETF is ARKG that invests in companies using gene editing techniques to cure serious diseases. The fund manager Cathie Woods has been talking about this for many years now. This year, the women who spearheaded gene therapy won Nobel Prizes. You now understand that these guys do a lot of research before diving into any company.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gbosah91(m): 12:01pm On Dec 24, 2020
Thanks for the clarification, I think I understand it now, that means etf is not good for day trading, because the profits margin is not that high. So if I buy one etf let say I buy ishares, it means I'm buying all the shares in the ishares?
OvaSabi1:

An ETF basically helps to diversify risks and take advantage of growth prospects in a particular sector of the stock market. So you have various companies like Vanguard, Ark, Fidelity, Invesco, ishares, etc that will buy a percentage of stocks in let's say tech sector or consumer goods or energy companies or marijuana companies or green energy or pharmaceutical companies. Etc. Do you get the picture now? These people are called fund managers. They have analysts that have taken their time to look into these companies in detail and with more expertise. They do this over decades and compare with other sectors, they go through every atom of the companies' business.

So you only have to search for top performing ETFs. Or if you have recently heard that Biden is about to invest in green energy companies, you will search for ETFs invested in green energy. If you hear that marijuana is legalised federally and passed by Congress, you will search for MJ ETFs. This is better than buying just one marijuana single stock like Aurora Cannabis. AC maybe involved in some kind of fraudulent scheme or something can suddenly disrupt it's supply chain. Or key management may be problematic. The next day, the whole of your portfolio is down. But if it was an ETF, you may not even notice this.

With an ETF, you don't need to subscribe to so much financial market news or keep logging in and out of your social media apps or waiting for earnings call, or stop loss orders. If your portfolio is down, the whole market is likely down, so it will give you some form of comfort.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 12:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
Alibaba oh..

What's making the stock tank nau?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 12:53pm On Dec 24, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

You nailed it for Passfolio.
Plus it takes a days(1-2 working days) for funds to settle both following a transfer and after selling stocks.
I've also observed they charge some little commission if one is buying stocks beow $5.
Generally, it's ok, especially when combined with Trove or T212 for quick trading.

I have issues with the funding.. They should allow debit cards

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by stokfrick: 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2020
Have any other person experienced the hanging or slowness using the passfolio app?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
gbosah91:
Thanks for the clarification, I think I understand it now, that means etf is not good for day trading, because the profits margin is not that high. So if I buy one etf let say I buy ishares, it means I'm buying all the shares in the ishares?

Yes, I think the highest gain I have made on one single ETF was around 4%. That must have been an MJ ETF that I sold after I made a decent 18% return per month. And after indications that Congress may fail to pass to law to federally legalize cannabis.
If you are a day trader, you will be left frustrated with the daily 0.5% gain. You cannot make much from day trading ETFs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
Penboy:
Alibaba oh..

Anti trust probe.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2020
Predstan:

Still good to buy?

No please.
Day traders stock picks are usually for buying and selling hopefully at a profit during the day.
They are hardly stocks to hold beyond the day except for a tiny little few that continue their run the next day.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bigrovar(m): 2:01pm On Dec 24, 2020
OvaSabi1:

What do I need to register with them? Passport? Bank statement? BVN?
non of that. You need just your BVN.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
Penboy:
Alibaba oh..

$BABA is a target of newly launched antitrust investigation by the Chinese government.

Their shares already tanked in the stock exchange in China.

Other US listed Chinese stocks will suffer the ripple effect. JD, BIDU and PDD will feel the heat when the US market opens today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
bigrovar:
non of that. You need just your BVN.
Cool
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 2:08pm On Dec 24, 2020
OakPearl:

$BABA is a target of newly launched antitrust investigation by the Chinese government.

Their shares already tanked in the stock exchange in China.

Other US listed Chinese stocks will suffer the ripple effect. JD, BIDU and PDD will feel the heat when the US market opens today.

Na wah o..
Its already 233 in premarket...

This is heartbreaking o

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by engbash: 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2020
Since the launch of our Invest service, we’ve been covering all deposit fees charged by the payment providers. Typically, these fees are included in the price of the products and services that you buy. But our share dealing service is completely free and the transferred amounts have grown to billions of euros per year. That’s why, starting from 04.01.2021, we are introducing a lifetime limit on free deposits via all payment methods other than Bank Transfers.
Funding via Credit/Debit Cards, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Skrill, iDeal, DotPay GiroPay and Sofort, will remain fee-free until you have deposited €2,000 in total. A fee of 0.7% will apply thereafter. Please note we do not profit from this fee. Its purpose is to cover the costs levied by payment providers and card companies.
Bank transfers remain completely free (unless your bank charges you to make them) and we are working on expanding them further in 2021 with the following options:

SEPA Direct Debit - enabling recurring and one-off bank transfers across the EU;

We will extend the coverage of payments via Open banking throughout most European countries.

Depositing into CFD accounts remains fee-free without limits.
Visit our Help Centre to learn more on the topic.
Best regards,
The Trading 212 Team

who else got this?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by engbash: 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2020
OakPearl:

No please.
Day traders stock picks are usually for buying and selling hopefully at a profit during the day.
They are hardly stocks to hold beyond the day except for a tiny little few that continue their run the next day.

sir @oakpearl teach guys how to fish so that we can equally add value

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2020
engbash:

sir @oakpearl teach guys how to fish so that we can equally add value

That's why we are here bro.
Ask anything.
Glad to share and learn from contributions too.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sulaimon22: 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
Which green energy stock is good to buy. Reading some news about Joe Biden trying to look into green energy next year

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 4:07pm On Dec 24, 2020
Very aggressive bull moving $AVGR price today with price already up by 101%+. Sold 40% of my stocks and watchinf to see how far this beauty would run. AVGR Mgt after the coys AGM announced plans officially launch and commercialize the first-ever image-guided, catheter-based system for the diagnosis and treatment of Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD).
I made the post below on August 28th and bought a truck load of $AVGR shares at an average of $0.29. PAYtience surely pays once someone is sure of the stock(s) one owes because Mr. Market would surely recognize the real value of the coy at the appropriate time.

Jayjaycee18:
Expecting mid to long term huge runs from these 2 penny stocks $AVGR and $PEIX.

1. $AVGR ($0.49 yesterday, but -2.53% pre-market today): Coy submitted 3 medical patents, which are awaiting the US FDA's approval. These patents are unique with addressable annual market of $400 million. Current analyst's price target is $1.50.

2. $PEIX ($3.80 yesterday, but now 14% up pre-market at $4.32): Tried buying this stock thrice when it was trading at $1+ but failed due to it being closed for trading during it's recapitalization. This coy is a huge market leader of ethanol production and declared first quarterly profits in the last 3 years due to sustained huge demand of ethanol for hand sanitizers. With Covid-19 pandemic not likely to go away any time soon, expect upcoming earnings to be a blowout. From my analysis, this stock locks like a "multibagger".

As always, DD is required before buying any stock(s).

Disclosure: I started buying the aforementioned stocks yesterday and will keep averaging down on dips.

Bonne chance!

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kemicalreact: 5:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
Who else noticed the Pie feature on trading 212

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2020
Some green energy stocks that would benefit include $GEVO, $FCEL, $PLUG, $SBE, $BLNK, $CSIQ, $FSLR and $GE (supplies the largest turbines and blades for wind energy installations). You have to carry out due diligence before buying.

sulaimon22:
Which green energy stock is good to buy. Reading some news about Joe Biden trying to look into green energy next year

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
Penboy:

Na wah o..
Its already 233 in premarket...

This is heartbreaking o
Stay calm.

Follow the news as things unfold, and don't rush to sell at a loss!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.