Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (617342 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by handsomebolanle: 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2020
afroxyz:
Tesla could reach 500,000 deliveries in 2020 thanks to strength in China, late push in Europe and US. Tesla bulls should kwwp an eye on this one

I doubt though...seems its is on a lot of pressure....

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2020
afroxyz:
Anyone looking the way of crypto linked stocks such as RIOT, HIVE & GBTC?
and MARA.

they follow actions in cryptosphere though.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2020
passfolio:

Hi Hattbricker,

This is David the founder of Passfolio - thank you for using Passfolio! I want to reassure you that if you submitted a withdrawal it is being processed. All withdrawals have been processed on time except for three. Two withdrawals had an error saying the bank was unavailable at the time of the request. When this happens we resubmit the withdrawal periodically until it processes. One of these happened maybe 1-2 weeks ago and was completed and there is another one right now we are working on processing.

One additional problem has come up with a misconfiguration in Flutterwave that we are working to fix ASAP that is impacting one withdrawal (I'm guessing yours). We only recently launched the Nigeria forex support so this bug is new but Flutterwave should fix the issue Wednesday Nigeria time. You did select instant so it should have processed by now - if you're the user that emailed support we already replied and gave a reward for the amount of the fees because of the issue. Sorry for the delay and we are working to get it distributed ASAP. If you have any other questions you can email support@passfolio.us or me at david at passfolio.us

Sincerely,
David Gobaud
Passfolio CEO & Founder

Chief, please, why don't you guys allow Debit card deposit?!

I use a dorm account which I can easily find in Trading 212.

Which you guys should make this option possible.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2020
handsomebolanle:

I doubt though...seems its is on a lot of pressure....
Two analysts (from wedbush and credit suisse) gave the forecasts. So we'll see. Its still possible though since demand is increasing

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2020
1kinggy:
and MARA.

they follow actions in cryptosphere though.

Don't they all? BTC surges past 20k and these stocks have returned 400% YTD

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Onuokwu: 7:28pm On Dec 30, 2020
PuristForest:
Wow, so you cant short the market, etoro allows that. Not sure i can do that, will withdraw my fund and look for other options that allows shorting.

Do you understand what to short a stock means? Even if you want to short a stock it has to be in your account first to sell it.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2020
passfolio:

Hi Hattbricker,

This is David the founder of Passfolio - thank you for using Passfolio! I want to reassure you that if you submitted a withdrawal it is being processed. All withdrawals have been processed on time except for three. Two withdrawals had an error saying the bank was unavailable at the time of the request. When this happens we resubmit the withdrawal periodically until it processes. One of these happened maybe 1-2 weeks ago and was completed and there is another one right now we are working on processing.

One additional problem has come up with a misconfiguration in Flutterwave that we are working to fix ASAP that is impacting one withdrawal (I'm guessing yours). We only recently launched the Nigeria forex support so this bug is new but Flutterwave should fix the issue Wednesday Nigeria time. You did select instant so it should have processed by now - if you're the user that emailed support we already replied and gave a reward for the amount of the fees because of the issue. Sorry for the delay and we are working to get it distributed ASAP. If you have any other questions you can email support@passfolio.us or me at david at passfolio.us

Sincerely,
David Gobaud
Passfolio CEO & Founder
Thanks a lot Passfolio has one of the best customer support I've ever seen, I was compensated with 20$ for the delay.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2020
benedictuyi:

Oga this is not the official email of passfolio. This is a scam
it is not a scam, the emailed me and gave me 20$

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by benedictuyi(m): 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2020
Hattbricker:
it is not a scam, the emailed me and gave me 20$
Alright. thanks for the update.
I'll edit my post

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by PuristForest: 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2020
Onuokwu:

Do you understand what to short a stock means? Even if you want to short a stock it has to be in your account first to sell it.

All brokers i used in the past allows you to sell any cfd instrument without you having to own it (etoro,fxcm,liteforex, fxpro,axatrade) ....the mobile apps bamboo, passfolio , not used trading212 don't allow it, you have to buy and own the instrument before you can sell - thats not the same.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by handsomebolanle: 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2020
afroxyz:

Two analysts (from wedbush and credit suisse) gave the forecasts. So we'll see. Its still possible though since demand is increasing

Yeah...read that not quite long.... Let's await the final result..

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by stokfrick: 9:54pm On Dec 30, 2020
Hattbricker:
Thanks a lot Passfolio has one of the best customer support I've ever seen, I was compensated with 20$ for the delay.

Hmm this is a plus

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 12:39am On Dec 31, 2020
Alright, all the best fam!
benedictuyi:

Because of $20 then this particular op is not a scam? Must be nice
Hattbricker:

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Dtarmon(m): 2:53am On Dec 31, 2020
YankeeRealtor:

My GTBank was opened as a non resident account, but my mom's address in Lagos was added on file. The reason I don't feel comfortable using my mom's address to register on any of these apps is to avoid any complication in the foreseeable future. For instance, If I'm required to send my driver's license or utility bill doc, it has to match my address of residence-- I don't have any Nigerian Identification doc.---I reside in Canada with my wife and kids

is there a reason why you are going through this long stressful route, instead of just opening an account with a Canadian Broker such as WealthSimple / Questrade / interactive Brokers? the only reason that comes to mind is TAX.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 8:48am On Dec 31, 2020
Skymoore1004:
How do we verify that this op is legit?
Anyone can create Nairaland with “Passfolio” tag & this could lead to scams.

I’m only asking, that’s all
Oil dey your head. wink

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 9:11am On Dec 31, 2020
Hattbricker:
Wow! =N=10,000

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 31, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Alright, all the best fam!

Because of $20 then this particular op is not a scam? Must be nice
He is not a scam it's very clear, he even sent me message on my mail and posted on twitter too

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 31, 2020
This was the post on their official twitter page.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by benedictuyi(m): 9:51am On Dec 31, 2020
Hattbricker:
Thanks for sharing. Way to go

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by benedictuyi(m): 9:52am On Dec 31, 2020
My account with Passfolio has been activated.
Can I transfer funds from a dorm account??

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 10:17am On Dec 31, 2020
Hattbricker:
He is not a scam it's very clear, he even sent me message on my mail and posted on twitter too
Even if he is a scam, how would he scam people? Would he ask you for log in details or tell you to send money to his account? Free them jare

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by mctfopt: 10:37am On Dec 31, 2020
Hattbricker:

Who blocked his account on nairaland?

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by fastandfurious: 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2020
Hello all,
Could someone outline how to deposit and withdraw from Trading 212 App in Nigeria? They seem to list IPOs faster than Bamboo or even Trove.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by benedictuyi(m): 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2020
fastandfurious:
Hello all,
Could someone outline how to deposit and withdraw from Trading 212 App in Nigeria? They seem to list IPOs faster than Bamboo or even Trove.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2020
Dtarmon:

is there a reason why you are going through this long stressful route, instead of just opening an account with a Canadian Broker such as WealthSimple / Questrade / interactive Brokers? the only reason that comes to mind is TAX.

Once I transfer dollar from here to Nigeria, it wouldn't make sense to bring it back to Canada. CRA and tax wahala....if you know, you know!

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by fastandfurious: 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2020
[quote author=benedictuyi post=97583833][/quote]

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2020
PuristForest:

All brokers i used in the past allows you to sell any cfd instrument without you having to own it (etoro,fxcm,liteforex, fxpro,axatrade) ....the mobile apps bamboo, passfolio , not used trading212 don't allow it, you have to buy and own the instrument before you can sell - thats not the same.

etoro, fxcm, liteforex, fxpro, axatrade... if you truly have accounts with all these brokers, I'd suggest you continue with them since they have the features you are looking for.

Just my 2 satoshis on the matter.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Dtarmon(m): 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2020
YankeeRealtor:

Once I transfer dollar from here to Nigeria, it wouldn't make sense to bring it back to Canada. CRA and tax wahala....if you know, you know!

I don't know if changing CAD to Naira for investment purposes is a good idea since Naira is losing value daily. since that's the route you want to take. I will suggest you start by opening a small broker account like 1000cad. Learn the basics of stocks (lots of free tutorial on YouTube). Practice what you've learnt on this small account for a period of 1 -3 months. There is no low budget fund manager that can handle your money better than you. I'm pretty sure DIY got you into Canada. Once you are confident, you will be able to replicate these steps with much larger funds. About TAX, Nigeria is just few steps away from replicating the same TAX system that exists in North America. grin

Disclaimer
This is just my personal opinion not an advise

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2020
pcguru1:

Thanks your advice worked, they opened for my babe, I will create another account and open with them, their customer service is slow that I'd rather open a 3rd account
Nice one Sir, Sir what mistake did you think you made previously?

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2020
Is it the same email bro? Nigerians are gullible smh
Hattbricker:

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2020
passfolio:

Hi Hattbricker,

Sincerely,
David Gobaud
Passfolio CEO & Founder

Hello,

If you look through the previous communication in this thread you can see I'm an advocate for passfolio and have recommended your app numerous times.

However there's a critical bug on your trading platform which is completely unacceptable for any regulated trading platform.

The trading gains/losses , total account returns are all wrong.

I have sent you constant complaints about this and nothing as been done to rectify.

How can a registered and regulated trading platform have wrong calculations, this will discourage a lot of investors and i recommend you fix as soon as possible.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2020
Unblock passfolio mods, don't be an enemy of progress tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (432) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum