Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,082 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (615938 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sulaimon22: 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Some green energy stocks that would benefit include $GEVO, $FCEL, $PLUG, $SBE, $BLNK, $CSIQ, $FSLR and $GE (supplies the largest turbines and blades for wind energy installations). You have to carry out due diligence before buying.

Thanks. I will do my DD as advised
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Ayomarcel(m): 9:39pm On Dec 24, 2020
bigrovar:

I don't use trove but on paper they seem to have the cheapest trade commission of 1% compared to bamboo which is at 1.5% (for portfolio below 10k dollars) someone somewhere complained about their older charges but I can not varify. I use passfolio because of their 0 trade commission and because compared to the Nigerian based services like bamboo and trove.. They are actually a registered broker in the US and are member of FINRA SIPC. They also use drivewealth which means they have same stocks as to have and bamboo. Do your own investigation and figure out what works for you.

Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abraolas1: 6:05am On Dec 25, 2020
seyisanya:
Stay calm.
Follow the news as things unfold, and don't rush to sell at a loss!
Looking to buy the Dip .... Looking at 222$ is it a good buy now ??
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sulaimon22: 7:13am On Dec 25, 2020
What should be done if a stock hits "All time high"? Please answer with both long term and short term prospect
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 10:28am On Dec 25, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

80% of the stocks missing??
Or you mean 80% of penny stocks?
Passfolio has the same list of stocks as Trove, with penny stocks not as plentiful as in T212.
Be careful with penny stocks oo. There are so many mid-cap stocks that can give us mad returns, and these Nigerian apps and Passfolio have them.
well even pennies can grow to mid cap see what FUELCELL and some others have done

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by iyaski: 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2020
Penboy:
Alibaba oh..
What's making the stock tank nau?

Alibaba, recently has small problem with govt of China.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 5:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
abraolas1:

Looking to buy the Dip .... Looking at 222$ is it a good buy now ??
Buy in tranches. You'll be glad you did!

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abraolas1: 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
seyisanya:
Buy in tranches. You'll be glad you did!

Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 11:13pm On Dec 26, 2020
pcguru1:

Okay so curious one how did you input the address e.g First line of address, second line of address etc I pasted the same address twice in both fields and was still rejected but my babe wants to register so I don't want to have issues with hers. Thanks
I saw your Pm, I don't know how to use it. Please message Ke

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2020
pcguru1:

Okay so curious one how did you input the address e.g First line of address, second line of address etc I pasted the same address twice in both fields and was still rejected but my babe wants to register so I don't want to have issues with hers. Thanks
I can't really remember because I was fast at sleep(around 12pm) . I only filled the first address.
I used my bvn as the tax I'd
I used my passport
I used my passport number
I took a pic with my webcam to verify it's me..
Then told they told me to get a verified proof of address so I got it the next day and uploaded it.
In less than 2hrs after uploading I got verified..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Iyamilele: 2:38am On Dec 27, 2020
OvaSabi1:
Another good ETF is ARKG that invests in companies using gene editing techniques to cure serious diseases. The fund manager Cathie Woods has been talking about this for many years now. This year, the women who spearheaded gene therapy won Nobel Prizes. You now understand that these guys do a lot of research before diving into any company.

Please can you recommend other excellent EFT’s apart from ARKK and ARKG. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OYENIYIJK: 7:18am On Dec 27, 2020
Check the link in my signature if you gat PayPal funds to sell.

Good Morning cheesy

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nkwachiabel(m): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2020
Please do anyone know which of these apps sells warrants as part of their listed equities? Can't find them on Trading212??

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by EarlyCareer: 10:52am On Dec 27, 2020
OvaSabi1:
Another good ETF is ARKG that invests in companies using gene editing techniques to cure serious diseases. The fund manager Cathie Woods has been talking about this for many years now. This year, the women who spearheaded gene therapy won Nobel Prizes. You now understand that these guys do a lot of research before diving into any company.

Very true.

In a recent Bloomberg interview, Cathie is backing the genomics sector as where the next Tesla will come from.

Another method may be to invest in some of the high flyers in their portfolio $PACB, $CRSP but actively monitor them as this sector is very volatile and fundamentals could change fast too. ARK recently divested completely from Illumina which used to be one of the top stocks in their portfolio - just to give an example.

You can't go wrong putting funds into ARK.

Note: just an opinion. Do your own research too. See interview link below, if interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfhgbZBWgBE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Iyamilele: 9:22pm On Dec 27, 2020
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ThePropertyGuy: 6:55am On Dec 28, 2020
Fund management? I doubt you know what it means. I weep. Financial literacy is something to be taken very seriously.

Everybody and their grandmas now think they manage other peoples money. Zero antecedent, zero prospectus, zero credentials, zero regulation.

iamoluwatobi:
Season greetings to you.

In a bid to attain financial freedom and sustain exponential financial growth, many have lost their money to one investment or the other or one financial scheme for reasons unknown.

Here, any investment you bring to the table, we give you 20% ROI (Return on Investment) in 30 days!

What do we do?
1. Funds management
2. Real Estate
3. Cryptocurrency trading
4. Forex
5. Oil and gas

WhatsApp on 0*7*0*3*0*3*0*3*2*3*0
Let's deal and have a wonderful new year ahead

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 28, 2020
Today's runner's for day trader's

$OCGN $NXTD $JAGX $PHUN $IDEX

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
SCIENTIFIC STOCK PICKS
Attempt to resume the up-move still looking good on the surface, stimulus as a driver of this market is key, with stimulus signed by Trump we expect some crazy move in some stocks. It is like the expected Christmas rally will start from today. In terms of market rotation: alternative energy, Canabiz, Travelling, Tankers etc are now in play exposure to any of these sectors is likely to be profitable. This week : SOL, CAN, PEIX , SWN among equities that will likely do well.

We need to do our own stress test for some of our trading platforms. This is to ensure that we are not caught napping when something is going wrong with the broker. For us a way of doing this is by withdrawing cash from our account from time to time. We carried out one on a Nigeria platform, the company just barely managed to pay after too many mails compared with the past. We will still sell some stock and try withdrawing again to see if the delay is no more. Delaying payment of what is due to Client when it was actually due for payment is a red flag?

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Susily(m): 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
Hello great people, compliments of the season

I'm comparing and contrasting Trove and passfolio investment apps. Passfolio doesn't charge commission on trades unlike Trove that charges 1% and exchange rate on passfolio looks more favorable

But my problem is that passfolio doesn't have in-app messaging where you chat with customer service in real time unlike Trove where I can chat up customer service and get swift response from them

But the most important issue of concern to me is how to withdraw funds from proceeds of sale of stock into my Nigerian bank account and the fees required to achieve it

And between Trove and Passfolio, which one is better to use in your opinion and why

Thanks a lot for your anticipated response
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2020
Susily:
Hello great people, compliments of the season

I'm comparing and contrasting Trove and passfolio investment apps. Passfolio doesn't charge commission on trades unlike Trove that charges 1% and exchange rate on passfolio looks more favorable

But my problem is that passfolio doesn't have in-app messaging where you chat with customer service in real time unlike Trove where I can chat up customer service and get swift response from them

But the most important issue of concern to me is how to withdraw funds from proceeds of sale of stock into my Nigerian bank account and the fees required to achieve it

And between Trove and Passfolio, which one is better to use in your opinion and why

Thanks a lot for your anticipated response

Trove is more user friendly, passfolio is cheaper , withdrawal in trove is naira to naira/ dollar to dollar, passfolio is naira to naira/dollars.

If you want to save money use passfolio, if you want a good well functioning app and don't mind fees , use trove.

For me I'm on passfolio, every penny counts grin

7 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Susily(m): 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
jajeri3216:

Trove is more user friendly, passfolio is cheaper , withdrawal in trove is naira to naira/ dollar to dollar, passfolio is naira to naira/dollars.

If you want to save money use passfolio, if you want a good well functioning app and don't mind fees , use trove.

For me I'm on passfolio, every penny counts grin

Thanks a lot for your reply

How do u withdraw money from passfolio into your Nigerian bank account? I don't seem to understand that part and how many % fees would it cost to do that?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by naijadrivablog: 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2020
Can one live in Nigeria and buy US stocks

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2020
Susily:

Thanks a lot for your reply

How do u withdraw money from passfolio into your Nigerian bank account? I don't seem to understand that part and how many % fees would it cost to do that?

Click transfer, withdraw, select stocks, add your bank account.

See here for associated fees

https://www.passfolio.us/fees

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ukay2: 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2020
naijadrivablog:

Yes Sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
naijadrivablog:

That's all what this thread is about! Read from the beginning and you'd get the how-to. Come back and people will be glad to answer your questions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Ibrahim505(m): 9:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
jajeri3216:

y] How fast is the widrawal process from passfolio?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Susily(m): 11:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
jajeri3216:

Ok that's great. Thanks once again

Sorry for so much questions o but I want to ask about their customer service

They don't have in-app messaging service where you can directly contact customer service unlike Trove

So how do u contact Passfolio's customer service in case you encounter any form of difficulty?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 28, 2020
Susily:

Ok that's great. Thanks once again

Sorry for so much questions o but I want to ask about their customer service

They don't have in-app messaging service where you can directly contact customer service unlike Trove

So how do u contact Passfolio's customer service in case you encounter any form of difficulty?

Email, pretty good

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 29, 2020
Good day House, below is my situation:

I am Nigerian but reside in Canada. I have an account with GTB with roughly N16m; I opened the account with aggressive contributions from here because I had plans to build my retirement home, but my plans have changed. Currently I intend to find a reliable broker what would let me use 90% of my funds to invest in some U.S stock for maybe 10-15years; I mean letting N16m idle in my savings account with little monthly interest payment from GTB isn't quite encouraging.

So, guys, what are your recommendations? During registration, my residential address has to match my ID documents here in Canada, as I don't have a Nigerian address-- I dig Trading212 but they don't support Canada. Does any member of this forum have a similar situation? How did you go about it?

I appreciate your guys' help. And by the way, I did read through the entire 205 pages, but nothing relates to my situation.

Thanks for your help guys!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.