Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (609628 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Lexusgs430: 8:24am On May 14, 2021
Iyamilele:

Please is this a good time to buy TESLA?

It's a subjective question.... If you are buying, with a view of long term investment. $573.98, to others is right, whilst others would wait.......

Pay what you are comfortable with, at the present times..... Shares would always rise and fall.....

In 2010, Tesla shares sold for $3.84....... To some investors at the time, it was too high....... cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 9:36am On May 14, 2021
Iyamilele:

I don't think its a good time. All those stocks are taking a trashing as inflation heats up.

TSLA is trading below its 50-day and 200-day averages. This indicates bearish pressure on the stock.

Sales in China is slowing down, plus they suspended the opening of a new factory in Shanghai. Semi conductor shortage. Beeteecee wahala and Elon's credibility is now raising questions.

Wait till towards the end of Q2. Alternatively you can be buying in installments and average down

*Note: This is what i think, do your own analysis

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Topson88: 7:55pm On May 14, 2021
please what do you think about this investment strategy for a Nigerian in diaspora

I want to put some amount in S&P 500 and apple shares to allow for capital appreciation for about a year then about a month before zenith bank pays its final divided, i will sell off my apple and s&p 500 to buy zenith shares. After dividend payment, whenever price rises above entry price, i sell off and repatriate the money back into apple and sp500 and this cycle continues.
The aim is to benefit from capital appreciation, avoid devaluation and enjoy NSE dividend yield. What do you think may be the demerit of this investiment strategy. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Coolcash1: 9:23pm On May 14, 2021
Iyamilele:

Be patient it’s still overpriced at current price. Fair price is $100
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 10:10pm On May 14, 2021
lol $100? Not gonna happen man grin grin
Coolcash1:

Be patient it’s still overpriced at current price. Fair price is $100

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 4Play(m): 10:14pm On May 14, 2021
Lexusgs430:

It's a subjective question.... If you are buying, with a view of long term investment. $573.98, to others is right, whilst others would wait.......

Pay what you are comfortable with, at the present times..... Shares would always rise and fall.....

In 2010, Tesla shares sold for $3.84....... To some investors at the time, it was too high....... cheesy

It's good to be mindful of valuation though when buying shares. The reason why a lot of those high flying names from last year collapsed this year is that investors think the stock prices are too high relative to earnings (if any) these businesses are producing or are likely to produce in the foreseeable future.

Apple has a PE ratio of 29, Tesla 594. Even with Tesla's fast revenue growth, that's a steep price to pay for growth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Lexusgs430: 10:19pm On May 14, 2021
4Play:

It's good to be mindful of valuation though when buying shares. The reason why a lot of those high flying names from last year collapsed this year is that investors think the stock prices are too high relative to earnings (if any) these businesses are producing or are likely to produce in the foreseeable future.

Apple has a PE ratio of 29, Tesla 594. Even with Tesla's fast revenue growth, that's a steep price to pay for growth.

Once the real world only sells EV vehicles, you might have a change of thought process.... The real world is almost achieving that possibility.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by handsomebolanle: 10:26pm On May 14, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Once the real world only sells EV vehicles, you might have a change of thought process.... The real world is almost achieving that possibility.....

Real or Media world??
Profit coming from tax incentive and Crypto currency
Anyways what do I even know......

I'm a fan of Musk..... I still do suggest that people be careful with the hype on EV.... the transition to EV will be gradual... many that bought at high might have to wait many many years for a correction on the bubble...

Again , what do I even know.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Lexusgs430: 10:37pm On May 14, 2021
handsomebolanle:

Real or Media world??
Profit coming from tax incentive and Crypto currency
Anyways what do I even know......

I'm a fan of Musk..... I still do suggest that people be careful with the hype on EV.... the transition to EV will be gradual... many that bought at high might have to wait many many years for a correction on the bubble...

Again , what do I even know.....

Exactly..... What do we all know....... Many more years, we have...... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 4Play(m): 11:12pm On May 14, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I have said this before on this thread, that an industry will boom in the future doesn't mean that the leading companies in that sector at the beginning will boom. Think of smartphones and BlackBerry or Motorola in the beginning....BlackBerry was massive when smartphones began emerging but it still proved a dud investment as Apple and Samsung overtook it.

Social networking is big now but nobody remembers Hi-5 or Myspace who were big before Facebook.

Think also of Yahoo in the early internet days.

Don't equate a sector/industry's potential with the individual companies' potential. You still have to scrutinise each stock's value to see if you are overpaying, otherwise you could be stuck with a dud investment.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Lexusgs430: 11:54pm On May 14, 2021
4Play:

I have said this before on this thread, that an industry will boom in the future doesn't mean that the leading companies in that sector at the beginning will boom. Think of smartphones and BlackBerry or Motorola in the beginning....BlackBerry was massive when smartphones began emerging but it still proved a dud investment as Apple and Samsung overtook it.

Social networking is big now but nobody remembers Hi-5 or Myspace who were big before Facebook.

Think also of Yahoo in the early internet days.

Don't equate a sector/industry's potential with the individual companies' potential. You still have to scrutinise each stock's value to see if you are overpaying, otherwise you could be stuck with a dud investment.

When I said EV, my reference was not Tesla specific. But present EV manufacturers and future manufacturers.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 4Play(m): 12:01am On May 15, 2021
Lexusgs430:

When I said EV, my reference was not Tesla specific. But present EV manufacturers and future manufacturers.....

I know what you mean. I was looking at Tesla but it seems a lot of the oldies are chasing that EV market relentlessly...GM, Volkswagen, Ford etc. An ETF that follows EV companies might be a good way to play it. I am looking at doing same for the biotech sector.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Lexusgs430: 12:05am On May 15, 2021
4Play:

I know what you mean. I was looking at Tesla but it seems a lot of the oldies are chasing that EV market relentlessly...GM, Volkswagen, Ford etc. An ETF that follows EV companies might be a good way to play it. I am looking at doing same for the biotech sector.

What we oldies see sitting down...... GenZ, cannot see it/them, if we even put them on mountain kilimanjaro....... grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 8:35am On May 15, 2021
4Play:

Exactly. Very high considering the fact that the company has not made significant profit. But when has Tesla traded on fundamentals? Its always been a speculative play. The next two quarters would be make or break for Tesla.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 10:58am On May 15, 2021
Trade 212 is giving me headache

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Elsueno: 2:18pm On May 16, 2021
WPG seems to be dying
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nostradamu(m): 6:44pm On May 16, 2021
DreManuel:

I’m in the U.S. too, just joined this thread and I’ve been reading from page 1. Would love to connect some time.

I know my response to your post is lafe, but omo, I also just got to page 50 of this tnread today (May 16). It feels like I've just been groping around for the past 10 years in an investment darkness and this ... this, is the light.

My target is to catch up to page 305 before making big investments in this unpredictable market. Also don't want to bog anyone with yeye question - yet. My oga patapata (Oakpearl), be expecting my questions soon AND THANKS FOR YOUR MAGNANIMITY by opening this thread.

Big ups to eveyone making - too much to mention - one contribution or the other, I'm freaking learning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sirBLUNT: 1:56pm On May 17, 2021
So finally my trove account has been activated, i have also funded my wallet, pls gurus in the house which shares should i buy pls?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by IyaTola: 6:27pm On May 17, 2021
sirBLUNT:
So finally my trove account has been activated, i have also funded my wallet, pls gurus in the house which shares should i buy pls?
TELSA TWITTER GOOGLE AND FACEBOOK

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 2O17: 8:05pm On May 17, 2021
sirBLUNT:
BRK-B BAC COTY SAN PBR
*** DD required.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nnamz(m): 9:40pm On May 17, 2021
IyaTola:
TELSA TWITTER GOOGLE AND FACEBOOK
I highly recommend Apple. Honestly, I'm skeptical about Tesla but what do I know lol. In fact I would choose palantir over Tesla

CC: Needful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 1:15pm On May 18, 2021
Nnamz:
I highly recommend Apple. Honestly, I'm skeptical about Tesla but what do I know lol. In fact I would choose palantir over Tesla

Holding palantir till December

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by needful: 1:22pm On May 18, 2021
Nnamz:

Elon is misbehaving too much this days. I will choose nio, xpev, palantir, idex, apple, Facebook.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 2:45pm On May 18, 2021
[url][/url]My portfolio has been a mess for long now. One can't time the market... I think I should focus on vanguard s&p 500 index etf and hold long term, Common sense investing...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Hamachi(f): 4:32pm On May 18, 2021
Kennyking1234:
[url][/url]My portfolio has been a mess for long now. One can't time the market... I think I should focus on vanguard s&p 500 index etf and hold long term, Common sense investing...
Buy ASRT
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Willie2015: 5:38pm On May 18, 2021
Kennyking1234:

U should learn how to value coy..
Using free cash flow...
Or follow analysts that uses FCF to value coys.....
I dont get near coys with negative FCF...
Also dont forget your support & resistance basics...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 7:31pm On May 18, 2021
Kennyking1234:
Trade 212 is giving me headache
have the resumed?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by dgitrader(m): 11:11am On May 19, 2021
so much hype about overvalued EV stocks, has anyone taken a look at the books of HMC(honda motors)?
invest in profitable companies! and speculate in hypes!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by zsamorano(m): 11:44pm On May 19, 2021
hello house, Pls can i buy Gulfport energy stocks presently at 0.14. thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 5:43am On May 20, 2021
SCIENTIFIC STOCK PICKS
Will buy CVE today. Some news made us to miss good trades, our indicator is our best guide, news can confuse. Cryptos falling not my concern, our indicators has picked up no Crypto stock at the moment!!! See some info on our CVE.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Lexusgs430: 9:49am On May 20, 2021
dgitrader:
so much hype about overvalued EV stocks, has anyone taken a look at the books of HMC(honda motors)?
invest in profitable companies! and speculate in hypes!

I have some HMC shares, but don't forget!!!

Honda too got full EV vehicle(s) Honda E ......... cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.