Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (620006 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DreManuel(m): 3:16pm On May 16, 2020
Now that JC Penny is filing for Chapter 11, analysts are proposing that TJ Maxx might cash in on this. Is anyone else monitoring TJ Maxx?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 3:24pm On May 16, 2020
Inehmesit:
Hello to the bosses in the house, so I've been following this thread for like 2days now, God bless the OP for this knowledge he is sharing free, you guys recommend Trove and some other apps which I can't remember as I am typing this, and some people actually complained about the delay with trove app, my question is, which app is the most reliable to start with as a beginner, and again, "very important" what's the minimum amount one can use to buy these stocks?
Trove, chaka and bamboo.
Bamboo accepts $20 as minimum opening balance. Trove and Chaka accept $10 as minimum open balance.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Inehmesit: 3:58pm On May 16, 2020
Yes, got my Chaka app downloaded, any stock alert for a newbie? grin
arduino:

Trove, chaka and bamboo.
Bamboo accepts $20 as minimum opening balance. Trove and Chaka accept $10 as minimum open balance.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by jewery(m): 4:28pm On May 16, 2020
Invest in haulage truck business

We need 30ton side body trucks to the load to various locations Asap

This is the available orders we have now.
Lacasera Mile 2- Kano 300k
Lacasera Mile 2-Abuja 200k
Lacasera Mile 2- Aba 150k
Lacasera Mile 2- Benin 100k
Lacasera mile 2- Ibadan 50k
Lacasera Mile 2- Warri 130k

Contact me on 07037068285
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Inehmesit: 4:31pm On May 16, 2020
Hello Gurus in the house, please tell me what you think about this stock, it just keeps rising, I’m using the bamboo app, so far I think it has the best Ui grin
@OakPearl
@Yeryer

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 10:05pm On May 16, 2020
Etoro is ok if you're an experienced trader. Just that you can't afford to do try and error on Etoro, you will lose your stakes because of High Leverage. But experienced traders make faster returns on it than some other platform.

One other thing is that you can't find enough penny stocks on Etoro.

But the good news is that you can social trade (I.e. Copy trade professionals). If the pros are basking on profit, you can simply copy them and make same profit proportional to your capital.

You can copy trade with as little as $200 dollars.

Caveat: do your own research before making your final decision.

Sorry guys I've been very busy with so many stuff that I've not been commenting. I really appreciate the effort of my ogas here @OakPearl, Yeryer and so many other great minds.

Wishing us many green in the weeks ahead.

Rutherford2019:
Who know anything about etoro trading app
I'm about to start using it
It's popular in UK and Europe

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 10:22pm On May 16, 2020
I officially opened a new local account with Chaka. So fa, I think it's quite better than my previous experience. At least I save $.50 for every trade I execute.

Am currently seating on small profit (+13.28%) from my first trade (Liveperson, LPSN). It's a provider of mobile and online business messaging technologies that power digital communications between brands and consumers.

The only downside I noticed from chaka is that there's no virtual account to paper trade.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:05pm On May 17, 2020
Jimmy17:

I Will be eighteen then...so I'm learning and understanding the market before I start investing proper.
Thanks @ oakpearl for this thread

Jimmy 17, you know what?
You remind me of me: I started investing way back before I gained admission into the university. By the time I was graduating, I was worth N500k in stocks invested in the Nigerian stock exchange. That was enough to buy me a car then but you could never tell I was worth that.
You are on the best track of becoming a multimillionaire.
Financial discipline is what prepares one for a great future of financial freedom and you are starting out well.
Maintain your focus, don't be moved by the flashy things teens of your age are privileged to come by at the moment. They will wake up one day to realise it was never their's.
Keep up the focus, pay day will surely meet you.

12 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jimmy17(m): 9:00pm On May 17, 2020
OakPearl:

Jimmy 17, you know what?
You remind me of me: I started investing way back before I gained admission into the university. By the time I was graduating, I was worth N500k in stocks invested in the Nigerian stock exchange. That was enough to buy me a car then but you could never tell I was worth that.
You are on the best track of becoming a multimillionaire.
Financial discipline is what prepares one for a great future of financial freedom and you are starting out well.
Maintain your focus, don't be moved by the flashy things teens of your age are privileged to come by at the moment. They will wake up one day to realise it was never their's.
Keep up the focus, pay day will surely meet you.
Amen,thanks alot for the words of advice

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Arizona042: 9:33pm On May 17, 2020
Etoro is good but it comes with its own disadvantages:
1. If u are not an experience trader with at least $2000 trading capital, please, don't use it. Why?you must trade with leverage, unless you are ready to open a non-leveraged position with nothing less than $500 and $1000 for stocks and ETFs respectively, therefore, giving you little or no room for diversification if u are trading with a low capital
2. Our local trading platforms like Trove has more trading instruments.(about 2500 stocks and 876 ETFs)

Yes, Etoro might cheaper in trading fees, however,I believe with time our indigenous ones will definitely reduced their charges as more people onboard the platforms.

Lastly, remember that they cannot offer zero trading commission like the likes of Robinhood, Webull, etc., as these startups are heavily funded by top VCs.

Please, let's support our local startups to grow and help our economy.
Rutherford2019:
Who know anything about etoro trading app
I'm about to start using it
It's popular in UK and Europe

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:37pm On May 17, 2020
arduino:

Just entered SQQQ today

Welcome on board.
All you need is patience and you bail out in good time with some profit.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:41pm On May 17, 2020
Inehmesit:
Hello Gurus in the house, please tell me what you think about this stock, it just keeps rising, I’m using the bamboo app, so far I think it has the best Ui grin
@OakPearl
@Yeryer

My view on ACB?
Mine is beyond a view but an experience and lesson I learnt on how to be patient in the market. grin
Will throw more light later.
Let me quickly update the house on earnings for the coming week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:43pm On May 17, 2020
EARNINGS OUTLOOK FOR THE WEEK AHEAD.

Please find below anticipated earnings for the new week.
I hope someone does their due diligence in picking a great win this week.
Cheers!

Monday, May 18:
Baidu Inc (BIDU), Bilibili Inc - (BILI), IQIYI Inc (IQ), Ryanair Holdings plc (RYAAY), Sea Ltd (SE),

Tuesday, May 19:
Home Depot Inc (HD), NetEase Inc (NTES), ORIX Co. (IX), Shinhan Financial Group Co., Ltd. (SHG), Walmart Inc (WMT),

Wednesday, May 20:
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), Copart, Inc. (CPRT), Ctrip.Com International Ltd (CTRP), Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW), McKesson Co. (MCK), Synopsys, Inc. (SNPS), TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE, INC (TTWO), Target Co. (TGT), ZTO Express (Cayman) Inc (ZTO),

Thursday, May 21:
Agilent Technologies Inc (A), Best Buy Co Inc (BBY), Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co (HPE), Hormel Foods Corp (HRL), Intuit Inc. (INTU), Medtronic PLC (MDT), National Grid plc (NGG), NVIDIA Co. (NVDA), Palo Alto Networks Inc (PANW), Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST), Splunk Inc (SPLK), Telekomnks Indn Prsr Tbk Prshn Prsrn-ADR (TLK), TJX Companies Inc (TJX),

Friday, May 22:
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA), Deere & Company (DE), Pinduoduo Inc (PDD),

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DreManuel(m): 10:54pm On May 17, 2020
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Iyamilele: 11:00pm On May 17, 2020
@Oakpearl @ Yeryer You guys are the best!!! Thank you very much for your contribution on this thread, I am new here and also reading from the beginning of the thread.

Are these recommended stocks that one can invest in for the week?

OakPearl:

Cheers!

Monday, May 18:
Baidu Inc (BIDU), Bilibili Inc - (BILI), IQIYI Inc (IQ), Ryanair Holdings plc (RYAAY), Sea Ltd (SE),

Tuesday, May 19:
Home Depot Inc (HD), NetEase Inc (NTES), ORIX Co. (IX), Shinhan Financial Group Co., Ltd. (SHG), Walmart Inc (WMT),

Wednesday, May 20:
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), Copart, Inc. (CPRT), Ctrip.Com International Ltd (CTRP), Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW), McKesson Co. (MCK), Synopsys, Inc. (SNPS), TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE, INC (TTWO), Target Co. (TGT), ZTO Express (Cayman) Inc (ZTO),

Thursday, May 21:
Agilent Technologies Inc (A), Best Buy Co Inc (BBY), Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co (HPE), Hormel Foods Corp (HRL), Intuit Inc. (INTU), Medtronic PLC (MDT), National Grid plc (NGG), NVIDIA Co. (NVDA), Palo Alto Networks Inc (PANW), Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST), Splunk Inc (SPLK), Telekomnks Indn Prsr Tbk Prshn Prsrn-ADR (TLK), TJX Companies Inc (TJX),

Friday, May 22:
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lastclaire4(f): 11:40pm On May 17, 2020
Arizona042:
Etoro is good but it comes with its own disadvantages:
1. If u are not an experience trader with at least $2000 trading capital, please, don't use it. Why?you must trade with leverage, unless you are ready to open a non-leveraged position with nothing less than $500 and $1000 for stocks and ETFs respectively, therefore, giving you little or no room for diversification if u are trading with a low capital
2. Our local trading platforms like Trove has more trading instruments.(about 2500 stocks and 876 ETFs)

Yes, Etoro might cheaper in trading fees, however,I believe with time our indigenous ones will definitely reduced their charges as more people onboard the platforms.

Lastly, remember that they cannot offer zero trading commission like the likes of Robinhood, Webull, etc., as these startups are heavily funded by top VCs.

Please, let's support our local startups to grow and help our economy.

Dont campaign for anybody. Let Tomi see the comment and act on it. That time u are waiting for may never come if people dont talk. The aim of trove is to make profit, forget about what they say. Only competition can make them adjust by looking inwards while still maintaining profit.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Onboard1: 11:51pm On May 17, 2020
OakPearl:

Cheers!

Monday, May 18:

Tuesday, May 19:

Wednesday, May 20:

Thursday, May 21:

Friday, May 22:

Thanks for your great work and tremendous help.
Newbie question
What info exactly should I look for in doing due diligence
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 2:05am On May 18, 2020
millennium2012:
Etoro is ok if you're an experienced trader. Just that you can't afford to do try and error on Etoro, you will lose your stakes because of High Leverage. But experienced traders make faster returns on it than some other platform.

One other thing is that you can't find enough penny stocks on Etoro.

But the good news is that you can social trade (I.e. Copy trade professionals). If the pros are basking on profit, you can simply copy them and make same profit proportional to your capital.

You can copy trade with as little as $200 dollars.

Caveat: do your own research before making your final decision.

Sorry guys I've been very busy with so many stuff that I've not been commenting. I really appreciate the effort of my ogas here @OakPearl, Yeryer and so many other great minds.

Wishing us many green in the weeks ahead.

Welcome back bro, we all have lives to live outside the internet; sometimes it's a juggling act.
I tried looking up etoro fees but it looks like they have a spread fee for non-europeans, but if you are trading $2000 or more, the fees are little to none. But what I don't like is the fact that they charge $25 withdrawal fee and a $10/month inactivity fee. If I want to withdraw my own money I still have to pay a fee? Then if my account is inactive, they will still charge $10/month for that.
I guess one has to consider the total costs and if they still come out ahead, then that's fine.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 2:30am On May 18, 2020
Inehmesit:
@OakPearl
@Yeryer

Sir, Aurora Cannabis (ACB) just reported good earnings and investors rewarded the stock with a 68% gain. But keep in mind this used to be a $127 stock back in 2018, so at the current price of $11.20, it is over 1000% off from it's all time high.
Now to the question you asked, I know you want to know if you should buy the stock. I don't know your risk tolerance, but generally I will say stay away from this one. If you like the marijuana space there's GrowGeneration (GRWG), one can enter at $5.65. There's Neptune Wellness (NEPT), one can enter at $2.9. But be aware that these are speculative investments for a very short term frame. Since ACB reported an impressive sales growth few days ago, other marijuana stocks have gained nicely.

Again this isn't an investment advice, just shedding light on the stock you brought up. One thing I like about this thread and online forums and co is that they give me ideas and most times I find my biggest gainers this way. I will go ahead and add those stock price alerts for GRWG & NEPT so if they cross those prices, I will be alerted and I may buy a few shares. I will also watch ACB of course for possible entries if any.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 2:50am On May 18, 2020
Iyamilele:
@Oakpearl @ Yeryer You guys are the best!!! Thank you very much for your contribution on this thread, I am new here and also reading from the beginning of the thread.

These are companies scheduled to report earnings this week. Investors in these companies want to know how the company did in the last quarter (Jan-March). Companies report revenue, expense, profit, balance sheet and give guidance for the next quarter. Some traders pay close attention to the earnings calendar so they can trade certain stocks while predicting which way the stock price will move right before or after earnings. This is a very dangerous trading system unless you are a very experienced investor with a high risk tolerance. I attached a copy of the earnings calendar for this week, I'm a visual person.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 3:34am On May 18, 2020
lastclaire4:

Sometimes America has a way of doing things. Are you telling me there is no control built around the system? Most times they have problems with anyone dragging power with them in any continent in my opinion.

If not like back then why will they hold the CFA exam in Ghana and not hold in Nigeria even though most of the population in Ghana were from Nigeria?

Until recently, after so much talking that they started in Nigeria. Now it even increased the revenue because they have have two centres in Nigeria. You have to see the population here and the nice venue.

una don start another conspiracy theory. Abeg make we think straight. Other people no drag power na only nigeria
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:35am On May 18, 2020
Iyamilele:

YerYer has done justice to your query sir.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 4:00am On May 18, 2020
Sorrento Therapeutics. I have never seen anything like this. .
It’s high time I pay more attention to Health stocks

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lastclaire4(f): 4:46am On May 18, 2020
yom2:
una don start another conspiracy theory. Abeg make we think straight. Other people no drag power na only nigeria

Dearie, were you told I am responsible for your inability to think?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:12am On May 18, 2020
Onboard1:

Thanks for your great work and tremendous help.
Newbie question
What info exactly should I look for in doing due diligence

Everything about any company you are interested in, ranging from the technical to the fundamental status which includes the key financial details of earnings growth, dividend history, beta rating, price/earning ratio, revenue and profit growth, market sentiments, news and reviews, current market trends, industry performance, etc.

A whole lot I guess grin

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by drskyfly007(m): 9:28am On May 18, 2020
sonnie10:
Sorrento Therapeutics. I have never seen anything like this. .
It’s high time I pay more attention to Health stocks
Why on earth is this sorrento stock not on bamboo..over 200% gain on Friday and pre market today still shows there will be more gains.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 9:41am On May 18, 2020
drskyfly007:
Why on earth is this sorrento stock not on bamboo..over 200% gain on Friday and pre market today still shows there will be more gains.
I even tried typing various combinations of its ticker on bamboo just maybe it will miraculously pop up
grin grin grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ChybuzzDD(m): 9:47am On May 18, 2020
drskyfly007:

Exactly! Not on Trove too. Very disappointing for daytraders like us.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Inehmesit: 11:16am On May 18, 2020
Okay boss, patiently waiting
OakPearl:

My view on ACB?
Mine is beyond a view but an experience and lesson I learnt on how to be patient in the market. grin
Will throw more light later.
Let me quickly update the house on earnings for the coming week.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Inehmesit: 11:16am On May 18, 2020
Okay boss, copy that
YerYer:

Sir, Aurora Cannabis (ACB) just reported good earnings and investors rewarded the stock with a 68% gain. But keep in mind this used to be a $127 stock back in 2018, so at the current price of $11.20, it is over 1000% off from it's all time high.
Now to the question you asked, I know you want to know if you should buy the stock. I don't know your risk tolerance, but generally I will say stay away from this one. If you like the marijuana space there's GrowGeneration (GRWG), one can enter at $5.65. There's Neptune Wellness (NEPT), one can enter at $2.9. But be aware that these are speculative investments for a very short term frame. Since ACB reported an impressive sales growth few days ago, other marijuana stocks have gained nicely.

Again this isn't an investment advice, just shedding light on the stock you brought up. One thing I like about this thread and online forums and co is that they give me ideas and most times I find my biggest gainers this way. I will go ahead and add those stock price alerts for GRWG & NEPT so if they cross those prices, I will be alerted and I may buy a few shares. I will also watch ACB of course for possible entries if any.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Inehmesit: 11:22am On May 18, 2020
Have you checked the Chaka app?
ChybuzzDD:

Exactly! Not on Trove too. Very disappointing for daytraders like us.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:31am On May 18, 2020
Inehmesit:
Have you checked the Chaka app?

No, I don't use it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (433) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.