Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,719 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (610532 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by drskyfly007(m): 7:43am On May 28, 2020
arduino:

Even the Cruise liners are not doing bad at all.
They will rise exponentially as the economy opens..
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by drskyfly007(m): 7:45am On May 28, 2020
lastclaire4:
People may also look at cruise. The shares are not doing badly. I bought one three weeks ago, as at the close of market today, I am 50% up.
I joined the train yesterday..They are already rising as more states amd economy opens.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 4Play(m): 8:55am On May 28, 2020
arduino:

Only Southern Airline fits this description

I haven't had the time to check it but I suspect JetBlue (JBLU) also has a relatively solid balance sheet. So them and Southwest (LUV).

However, they didn't fall by much in the first place relative to some of the others like American Airlines (AA) or United Airlines (UAL). So the more solid the balance sheets, the less spectacular any price rises will be because people have been buying such stocks since March.

Talking about good balance sheets - there are also Accenture (ACN), Visa (V), Mastercard (M), Automatic Data Processing (ADP). There are lot of them, particularly in the technology sector, but again don't expect much price rises.

Has anyone looked at apparel stocks? People might be able to start shopping more clothes as lockdowns ease.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by thesilentone(m): 10:46am On May 28, 2020
4Play:

I haven't had the time to check it but I suspect JetBlue (JBLU) also has a relatively solid balance sheet. So them and Southwest (LUV).

However, they didn't fall by much in the first place relative to some of the others like American Airlines (AA) or United Airlines (UAL). So the more solid the balance sheets, the less spectacular any price rises will be because people have been buying such stocks since March.

Talking about good balance sheets - there are also Accenture (ACN), Visa (V), Mastercard (M), Automatic Data Processing (ADP). There are lot of them, particularly in the technology sector, but again don't expect much price rises.

Has anyone looked at apparel stocks? People might be able to start shopping more clothes as lockdowns ease.

Solid picks and I agree they didn't fall by much. Most of them are trading near their Year High and ALL have less than 2 years debts, infact ACN has zero debts. ADP - less than a year. V - 1.5 years
JBLU has 3.5years debt but I can see the attraction. I haven't looked at apparel stocks because it's not on my radar for now. I'll check if there are any interesting ideas. Do you have any specifics in mind?

EDITED
I have had a quick look at NIKE (NKE), solid balance sheets, less than a year's debt; trading near its year high but EX-DIV date is 29/05, payment - 01/07.
JKHY is another good shout with zero debts, trading near its year high but EX-DIV date was yesterday. It actually did a pullback in price yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lastclaire4(f): 10:56am On May 28, 2020
drskyfly007:
I joined the train yesterday..They are already rising as more states amd economy opens.

They have not announced the date they will start cruising though.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 11:09am On May 28, 2020
4Play:

Good stocks, have you had a look at Boeing? They have recently resumed production of the 737. Would they move with airline stocks?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 11:21am On May 28, 2020
4Play:

Limited Fund made me miss out of Macy. That is one stock I would love to have long term
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 4Play(m): 12:41pm On May 28, 2020
ebuka1997:

Good stocks, have you had a look at Boeing? They have recently resumed production of the 737. Would they move with airline stocks?

I think Boeing will track airline stocks. I am not investing in airlines or Boeing as I am not convinced how all this will play out. Even if people start flying again, at what capacity do airlines become profitable as it's might not be enough for 80-90% of passengers to return. The airline industry is a low margin business so anything short of full capacity is hardly profitable. These stocks are for people playing short-term bounces and with an appetite for risk.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bot1000(m): 1:38pm On May 28, 2020
OP thanks for this thread, im learni ng alot

please guys suggest a stock for me to start with $40
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Faceville: 1:54pm On May 28, 2020
Bot1000:
OP thanks for this thread, im learni ng alot

please guys suggest a stock for me to start with $40
NOK

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ijedeikorodu(m): 2:13pm On May 28, 2020
4Play:

I think Boeing will track airline stocks. I am not investing in airlines or Boeing as I am not convinced how all this will play out. Even if people start flying again, at what capacity do airlines become profitable as it's might not be enough for 80-90% of passengers to return. The airline industry is a low margin business so anything short of full capacity is hardly profitable. These stocks are for people playing short-term bounces and with an appetite for risk.

The airline and travel industry will be operating at low scale between now and end of 2020. There's a possibility if there's no 2nd wave of covid-19 this winter, then stock might keep up in 1st half of 2021.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ijedeikorodu(m): 2:14pm On May 28, 2020
2.1 million new unemployment claims filed last week, as workers still struggle to get benefits

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/28/coronavirus-weekly-jobless-claims-286911

Workers filed 2.1 million new unemployment claims last week, the Department of Labor reported, suggesting about a quarter of the workforce is seeking jobless aid to weather the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus. The latest figure indicates that the pandemic has pushed 40.8 million Americans out of work in just 10 weeks.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DreManuel(m): 2:20pm On May 28, 2020
ijedeikorodu:
2.1 million new unemployment claims filed last week, as workers still struggle to get benefits

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/28/coronavirus-weekly-jobless-claims-286911

Workers filed 2.1 million new unemployment claims last week, the Department of Labor reported, suggesting about a quarter of the workforce is seeking jobless aid to weather the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus. The latest figure indicates that the pandemic has pushed 40.8 million Americans out of work in just 10 weeks.

Hmm...this will definitely hit hard on discretionary goods as consumption will be low.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 4:41pm On May 28, 2020
Boeing shocked shocked shocked

50% and counting.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 6:00pm On May 28, 2020
nna777:
Boeing shocked shocked shocked

50% and counting.

Options or what sir? I’m in that boat
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jessglam: 6:19pm On May 28, 2020
Please sir, how does one go about checking the debts of some of these companies? I have some i would love to check myself, if you please share. Thank You

thesilentone:

Solid picks and I agree they didn't fall by much. Most of them are trading near their Year High and ALL have less than 2 years debts, infact ACN has zero debts. ADP - less than a year. V - 1.5 years
JBLU has 3.5years debt but I can see the attraction. I haven't looked at apparel stocks because it's not on my radar for now. I'll check if there are any interesting ideas. Do you have any specifics in mind?

EDITED
I have had a quick look at NIKE (NKE), solid balance sheets, less than a year's debt; trading near its year high but EX-DIV date is 29/05, payment - 01/07.
JKHY is another good shout with zero debts, trading near its year high but EX-DIV date was yesterday. It actually did a pullback in price yesterday.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by jhoush109: 7:37pm On May 28, 2020
You can find your bamboo account with your Dollar card and by doing a wire transfer.

With a Dollar card:
You just need to input your details to carry out that transaction.

For a wire transfer:
Check the app for the details and send your transfer receipt to wires@investbamboo.com
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by thesilentone(m): 7:58pm On May 28, 2020
Jessglam:
Please sir, how does one go about checking the debts of some of these companies? I have some i would love to check myself, if you please share. Thank You

There's a long answer and a short answer. Let me provide a short answer, other people can provide the longer version.

Pick any public traded company in the US, they must file a 10K amongst other reports. (I've used DAL in this scenario)
Open it up, type Revenue in the search column (there's a deeper level of doing this)
Keep clicking next till you get to Net Income (Consolidated Statements of Operations)
Write the figure down (4767) in millions
Then type Debt in the search column ( there's a.....you know)
Keep clicking next till you get to total long term debt (8052) in millions

I use the Debt and finance leases figure (8873) in the Non-current liabilities section of the Consolidated Balance Sheets to calculate if it higher just to build in safety.

To know the number of years: Long term debt/Net Income = less than 2 years.

Interpretation: It will take them less than 2 years to pay back their long term debt from their earnings.

Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by SirBen90: 9:03pm On May 28, 2020
Anyone here using MorganCapital? Is their app on Google playstore?. Thanks.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Ibrahim505(m): 10:47pm On May 28, 2020
SirBen90:
Anyone here using MorganCapital? Is their app on Google playstore?. Thanks.
I'm using them. They don't have mobile app.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 7:26am On May 29, 2020
ebuka1997:

Options or what sir? I’m in that boat
No sir. I bought at the dippest dip @95

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by SirBen90: 10:10am On May 29, 2020
Ibrahim505:

I'm using them. They don't have mobile app.
Thanks alot. so trading is done on their website?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 2:24pm On May 29, 2020
Chaka is selling USD today at 435. Seems competitive.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jessglam: 2:55pm On May 29, 2020
Yes it does. Thank You sir

thesilentone:

There's a long answer and a short answer. Let me provide a short answer, other people can provide the longer version.

Pick any public traded company in the US, they must file a 10K amongst other reports. (I've used DAL in this scenario)
Open it up, type Revenue in the search column (there's a deeper level of doing this)
Keep clicking next till you get to Net Income (Consolidated Statements of Operations)
Write the figure down (4767) in millions
Then type Debt in the search column ( there's a.....you know)
Keep clicking next till you get to total long term debt (8052) in millions

I use the Debt and finance leases figure (8873) in the Non-current liabilities section of the Consolidated Balance Sheets to calculate if it higher just to build in safety.

To know the number of years: Long term debt/Net Income = less than 2 years.

Interpretation: It will take them less than 2 years to pay back their long term debt from their earnings.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by mikol(m): 3:50pm On May 29, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:
Chaka is selling USD today at 435. Seems competitive.

Bro, I tire oooo. Imagine I should have waited today ooo. Converted my money to dollar to fund it around 3am. Still not drop yet self. Now I have lost money.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 9:05pm On May 29, 2020
mikol:

Bro, I tire oooo. Imagine I should have waited today ooo. Converted my money to dollar to fund it around 3am. Still not drop yet self. Now I have lost money.

Both in black and official markets....rates are falling, I think CBN has started supplying dollars to Bureaux de Change
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bot1000(m): 9:32am On May 30, 2020
Which stock is trending
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 2:35pm On May 30, 2020
Bot1000:
Which stock is trending
Waiting for tweeter to bottom out.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 5:03pm On May 30, 2020
Looking at shorting zoom, i feel its overvalued and although it’s business model is good, once countries start opening up over time earnings would drop, its on my watch list.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 6:54pm On May 30, 2020
arduino:

Waiting for tweeter to bottom out.

Their 3months low is $20 second to that it was $22. Currently at $31.03. What would be your entry point?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 9:13pm On May 30, 2020
sonnie10:

Their 3months low is $20 second to that it was $22. Currently at $31.03. What would be your entry point?
$22-$26

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Enick: 4:05am On May 31, 2020
I would like to learn so much about trading in the stock. I have downloaded and installed Bamboo and hoping for advise, books and other learning tools on how to comment.

I don't know much about it but I am ready to learn and master the skills requires in trading.

Please your guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.