Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) (35574 Views)

FG Approved AK47 For Katsina Outfit, Ondo Will Buy For Amotekun - Akeredolu / Adefeniku Imole: Governor Akeredolu Meets Young Artist Who Drew His Portrait / Amotekun: Akeredolu Replies Malami, Says Laws Are Not Made In AGF’s Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Sammy07: 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2020
jimyjames:

Call me correct man , but don't think I will stop fighting you

Same here either

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 04, 2020
jimyjames:

The man is a Muslim its normal for him to have multiple wife's he is different from a sugardaddy
ok.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 9:59pm On Feb 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Same here either

Hahaha are you a fighter or farmer ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by tonididdy(m): 10:04pm On Feb 04, 2020
He should please act first as a man before acting lastly as a yoloba man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by OlawaleBammie: 10:04pm On Feb 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Yes, I quite agree with you...
Some Yoruba bibles write the Correct thing and in Exams too...

I have seen some Yoruba bible starting Genesis as 'G' instead of 'J' and it's wrong and there is nothing like G in Yoruba words, it's 'J' pronounced as G.

Yoruba alphabets and its pronunciation in english

A (apple), B(Bingo), D(Dim), E(Aim), Ẹ(Egg), F(Film), G(game), Gb(Gbim), H(Hit), I(intention), J(genesis), K(key), L(lease), M(mingle), N(Niece), O(Omega), Ọ(Orange), P(as prononced in english), R(rita), S(sick), Ṣ(shallow), T(tea), U(uranus), W(wisdom), Y(yeast)

P is not as pronounced in english oo
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Sammy07: 10:06pm On Feb 04, 2020
jimyjames:

Hahaha are you a fighter or farmer ?

A fighter!

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Sammy07: 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

P is not as pronounced in english oo

I Dunno what to write what's why I put am like that grin
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Novaccines: 10:14pm On Feb 04, 2020
Wow
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Novaccines: 10:19pm On Feb 04, 2020
Shibaraba:
I am not an advocate of amotekun. Neither am I against it. I just want us to remember that these people once forced a president on us. They might be up to some agenda. Since they are state owned they can be controlled to bend to the will of their principals and selected individuals.
Whoever is old enough to remember operation sweep of way back, issakaba boys and the former opc would know what I'm talking about.
I know this doesn't have any impact but I'm just writing it for records sake.

Mention all you want. I'm entitled to my freaking opinion. Remember my words though

I actually believe Yoruba legislation which is Ogboni would love to increase business and trade yet Yorubaland suffers too much run away crime. Bandits and criminals are the enemy not the North. Although Amotekun checks the Northen advance for now.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by OlawaleBammie: 10:21pm On Feb 04, 2020
Sammy07:

I Dunno what to right what's why I put am like that grin

Lol, u shiuld hav just said "pata"
Everybody knows what pata means and its pronunciation
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 04, 2020
jimyjames:
That's why I said you Yoruba's have problems with spellings , you don't spell it like it sounds , most Nigerian languages have these types of spelling problems cause the white messionaries learned the language and started writing it to them the wrong way through bible translation

You can't tell me there is no (SH) in Yoruba writing when there is actually an (SH)sound in Yoruba words, they got it wrong from the start so they should upgrade it's

Instead of you to accept simple and polite correction, you are here making mockery of yourself

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 04, 2020
In this part of the world, the presidents media team think sharing pictures is same passing across a message.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by DEROX: 10:58pm On Feb 04, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

So this is the first flyover this Afonja state of Ondo will have and yet they come to brag and compete with cities in anambra like Onitsha that had flyover even before the first road was tarred in Ondo..what a backward state ..well I learnt Ondo is not a real Yoruba state and more of ijaw
slowpoke ode fly over and aba is still a dustbin beside kano

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by DEROX: 11:03pm On Feb 04, 2020
Sammy07:

You're drunk...
Ijaws are migrant.
They are less than 2% if ondo State.
iPods are so stupid firstly Lagos is not part of southwest now ondo one day they will wake up and say all south west states don't belong to Yoruba's and therefore they are immigrants those pole are just too deadbrained
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Liveagain: 11:08pm On Feb 04, 2020
jimyjames:
That's why I said you Yoruba's have problems with spellings , you don't spell it like it sounds , most Nigerian languages have these types of spelling problems cause the white messionaries learned the language and started writing it to them the wrong way through bible translation

You can't tell me there is no (SH) in Yoruba writing when there is actually an (SH)sound in Yoruba words, they got it wrong from the start so they should upgrade it

You are getting it wrong even though you have an idea. There is original oral pronunciation which is different from the written one.

Corruption in English language is not originally as it is written and the same applies to yoruba.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Giftedtu: 11:30pm On Feb 04, 2020
Oluwamarc:
Governor of Ondo State and Chairman Southwest Governor's forum, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu SAN met with President Buhari today in Abuja where issues regarding Operation Amotekun was discussed.

Governor Akeredolu also used the opportunity to personally invite the President to the commissioning of the Ore Flyover Bridge, a first in our dear State.

The Governor also formally intimated him about the position of the Law concerning the NDDC MD position which should come from Ondo State amongst other issues.
Come, make una leave NDDC matter for south south just focuse on the important things that concerns you.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by iswallker(m): 11:33pm On Feb 04, 2020
Laughs full of scorn.. embarassed
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Seventy7kings: 11:55pm On Feb 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Yes, I quite agree with you...
Some Yoruba bibles write the Correct thing and in Exams too...

I have seen some Yoruba bible starting Genesis as 'G' instead of 'J' and it's wrong and there is nothing like G in Yoruba words, it's 'J' pronounced as G.

Yoruba alphabets and its pronunciation in english

A (apple), B(Bingo), D(Dim), E(Aim), Ẹ(Egg), F(Film), G(game), Gb(Gbim), H(Hit), I(intention), J(genesis), K(key), L(lease), M(mingle), N(Niece), O(Omega), Ọ(Orange), P(as prononced in english), R(rita), S(sick), Ṣ(shallow), T(tea), U(uranus), W(wisdom), Y(yeast)
wow! In slawormir's handwriting, 'dammnnnnn niggarrr, you are a real niggarrr" grin
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Suremikky(m): 12:10am On Feb 05, 2020
jimyjames:
I hope they are working on the salary aspect of it?

One member slighted
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by klax(m): 12:12am On Feb 05, 2020
raumdeuter:
Sai Baba is busy admiring the pictures
Check back in 2 hours time, Buhari will be using that paper to fan himself while picking his teeth after eating Kilishi

Hahahahaha bro I no fit laugh abeg.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Wiifesnatcher(m): 12:22am On Feb 05, 2020
[s]
jimyjames:

You Yoruba's have problems in spelling Yoruba words yourself so don't blame me

You spell Pele , but call it kpele
Sango but call it shungo
Sade but call it shade
Seun but call it sheun
[/s]

dem don release you ba? gburugburu the town crier should better employ in forest guard, is even good you're doing findings about it
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by dragunov: 12:41am On Feb 05, 2020
jimyjames:

You Yoruba's have problems in spelling Yoruba words yourself so don't blame me

You spell Pele , but call it kpele
Sango but call it shungo
Sade but call it shade
Seun but call it sheun

Do not meddle with what you don't understand. This is not your language.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by dragunov: 12:42am On Feb 05, 2020
Giftedtu:
Come, make una leave NDDC matter for south south just focuse on the important things that concerns you.

I can see-that you are not properly informed.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by dragunov: 12:45am On Feb 05, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

So this is the first flyover this Afonja state of Ondo will have and yet they come to brag and compete with cities in anambra like Onitsha that had flyover even before the first road was tarred in Ondo..what a backward state ..well I learnt Ondo is not a real Yoruba state and more of ijaw
Are you done?
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by cdlsvoj: 1:55am On Feb 05, 2020
Invest minimum of $20 (~NGN7200) in digital investments and get up to 10% daily for 20 DAYS. You'll get minimum of ₦720 daily .... Sign Up Now!!! W W W. X T R E N D. P R O

This is completely a side income program where you focus on your day to day activities while earning on the side.
This platform is very legitimate.

You can WhatsApp < 0 8 0 7 2 9 8 1 5 2 8 > for more details.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 2:46am On Feb 05, 2020
crestedaguiyi:
nice one

stop talking like this abi the AC inside aso rock dey malfunction like the occupants

Both of you can kill person with laughter !
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by anonimi: 5:22am On Feb 05, 2020
jimyjames:
You mean the 70 cows sungo killed and left the herdsmen?

Don't mind the empty chest beater.
Instead of finding out the science behind lightning killing cows, he is there bleating like a goat.

How exactly did lightning kill 323 reindeer in Norway?
Herds are more vulnerable to lightning strikes

Lightning during a recent thunderstorm in Norway killed a herd of 323 reindeer — 70 of them calves — making it one of the deadliest strikes ever. Hunters in a remote area discovered the bodies last Friday, according to the Norwegian News Agency.

We usually hear about lightning striking people, but it does kill animals, too. Two scientists at an Australian research institute have found that everything from seal pups to wild turkeys to elephants and giraffes can be killed by lightning.

Was this a freak accident, or is it common? And how does this happen? I spoke to John Jensenius, a lightning safety expert from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, to learn about the science behind these deadly herd strikes. (This interview has been edited and condensed for clarity.)

Angela Chen: First, how likely is it that it really was lightning that killed those reindeer? Is there a way to know without having seen the strike directly?

John Jensenius: It isn’t that unusual to see farm animals, or wild animals such as reindeer, being killed by lightning. Of course, 323 is a rather large number, though we’ve seen reports of 654 sheep being killed in one spot.

Animals do tend to group together in storms and huddle under trees. If lightning strikes the tree or somewhere nearby, the entire group can be killed. We don’t know how common this is because it’s hard to track, though usually it’s herds of 10 or 20 animals that get killed.

In the case where the animals are huddling under a tree, oftentimes you’ll see some visible signs on the tree, though you may not see any visible signs on the animals themselves. In this case, it’s hard to know where lightning struck based on the pictures, but there may be an animal among the dead animals that has visible signs, like a bit of charring on the skin.

How did lightning kill all of those reindeer at once? Did they need to be touching for this to happen?

When animals or people are in groups, most are being killed by the ground current. First, there’s a direct strike — this is what most people think of when they think of lightning — that hits the tree or maybe the ground nearby. The energy then spreads along the ground surface, and if you’re anywhere near that lightning strike, you absorb it and get shocked.

Lightning goes up one leg and down another. Animals are more vulnerable because their legs are spread out more, so the ground currents travel more easily in their bodies. It doesn’t matter if they’re touching, or exactly how close they are, it matters that they were all in the area hit by lightning. Ground currents are the thing that’s responsible for the most lightning deaths and injuries in both people and animals.

How far can the ground current travel? When are you safe?

That’s one question we’re often asked, and it’s a difficult question because it depends on a lot of factors, including the strength of the actual lightning strike.

In this case, the animals seem to be in an area that was 50 to 80 meters in diameter and on a hillside, which gives you some idea that lightning can travel a good distance and still be deadly. Lightning doesn’t always travel deep into the ground.

What exactly is it about lightning that kills these animals?

It’s the electricity going into your body. It passes through the nervous system and your nerves, and the deadly part is that it stops the heart. In the case of people, many can be revived with CPR if tended to immediately but with reindeer, it just would have stopped their hearts.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/8/29/12690402/lightning-strike-kills-norway-reindeer-death-why-science

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6391004_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

All religions and ethnic nationalities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Optional09: 5:41am On Feb 05, 2020
Shibaraba:
I am not an advocate of amotekun. Neither am I against it. I just want us to remember that these people once forced a president on us. They might be up to some agenda. Since they are state owned they can be controlled to bend to the will of their principals and selected individuals.
Whoever is old enough to remember operation sweep of way back, issakaba boys and the former opc would know what I'm talking about.
I know this doesn't have any impact but I'm just writing it for records sake.

Mention all you want. I'm entitled to my freaking opinion. Remember my words though

Security should be local my friend, Fulani has employed some their educated fellows to cause division in the country and they have succeeded to some extent you must be working from that camp
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Giftedtu: 6:35am On Feb 05, 2020
dragunov:

I can see-that you are not properly informed.
Mr informed, tell me where Ondo is located in the south.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Southern Governors To Security Operatives: Take Permission Before Operation / President Buhari Receives Governor Amosun In The State House Today (photos) / Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.