Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) (35558 Views)

FG Approved AK47 For Katsina Outfit, Ondo Will Buy For Amotekun - Akeredolu / Adefeniku Imole: Governor Akeredolu Meets Young Artist Who Drew His Portrait / Amotekun: Akeredolu Replies Malami, Says Laws Are Not Made In AGF’s Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Dagrace01(m): 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
jimyjames:
Save the trash, Igbo's are quick learners and well traveled, you will find Igbo's in any part of the world in their thousands places you won't find any other African, and you hear them speak fluently in those languages , there are 30'000 Igbo's in China and most of them speak fluent Chinese , its the same in Japan , India, france ,Australia Germany etc

Igbos can only spk jagons of the languages u listed above, while committing fraud, pushing drugs and stealing. That's only what they learn better.
Yorubas go to somewhere to learn the knitty gritty of what they're there for.. By standards you can't compare, the records are there, even the blind, the deaf and dumb can confirm this.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 4:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
Dagrace01:

Igbos can only spk jagons of the languages u listed above, while committing fraud, pushing drugs and stealing. That's only what they learn better.
Yorubas go to somewhere to learn the knitty gritty of what they're there for.. By standards you can't compare, the records are there, even the blind, the deaf and dumb can confirm this.

Trash , Yoruba's are into all the frauds drug pushing and stealing you just tagged Igbo's with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Dagrace01(m): 4:11pm On Feb 05, 2020
[quote author=jimyjames post=86401400]

Trash , Yoruba's are into all the frauds drug pushing and stealing you just tagged Igbo's with[/quo
Really? Then why is the list given by FBI on those fraudsters comprising of Igbos?
Why is majority of Nigerians prosecuted for drugs in Indonesia and so on comprising of Igbos?
You had better bury ur head in shame, u guys are the reason why countries are placing visa bans on us, but I know u won't admit.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 4:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
Save the trash Yoruba's are into fraud and drug pushing as much as the Igbo's are
Tinubu is a well known drug lord in US

[quote author=Dagrace01 post=86401584][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Giftedtu: 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2020
dragunov:

I still maintain, you are a numbskull. Your problem is that you think it's only in the SS region alone that oil is produced and called Niger Delta. Go and do your research because I ain't gonna spoon feed your half baked a.rse.
I see that you are such an illi terate, oil or no oil how does that bring food on my table? for your information when you talk about Niger Delta that is the south south, who be you?
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Wiifesnatcher(m): 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2020
[s]
jimyjames:
Keep consoling yourself my friend Lagos will forever be a no mans land cause 95% of Lagos economy is owned by Igbo's , northerners , Lebanese and Indians

[/s]

lolz! chest beating as usual. so how many percent does your parents own there?

even you that was gifted out to do boy boy since 14yrs in Lagos have the time to be calculating who own Lagos economy

to even make your shame a shameless one, you claimed to be working for another man's economy for the person enjoyment only. are you saying Igbo living in Lagos that owned the acclaimed business economy are fools?

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Giftedtu: 6:29pm On Feb 05, 2020
dragunov:

I still maintain, you are a numbskull. Your problem is that you think it's only in the SS region alone that oil is produced and called Niger Delta. Go and do your research because I ain't gonna spoon feed your half baked a.rse.
I see that you are such an illi-terate, oil or no oil how does that bring food on my table? or maybe you don't know that when you talk about Niger Delta that you are talking about the south sout, who be you sef?
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
My friend calm down OK , I know the truth hurts, its painful that we Igbo's dominate you in your own lands and turned your lands to no mans land, there's nothing you can do about it, its in our blood to dominate

Wiifesnatcher:
[s][/s]

lolz! chest beating as usual. so how many percent does your parents own there?

even you that was gifted out to do boy boy since 14yrs in Lagos have the time to be calculating who own Lagos economy

to even make your shame a shameless one, you claimed to be working for another man's economy for the person enjoyment only. are you saying Igbo living in Lagos that owned the acclaimed business economy are fools?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by dragunov: 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
Giftedtu:
I see that you are such an illi-terate, oil or no oil how does that bring food on my table? or maybe you don't know that when you talk about Niger Delta that you are talking about the south sout, who be you sef?

You see yourself? Mumu.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by dragunov: 6:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

Accept it that Yoruba language is useless and incomplete. Even the way it sounds is horrible.

Biafra for Trump. Bwahahahahahahakikikiki. What a moniker. No wonder you're like this.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Giftedtu: 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
dragunov:

You see yourself? Mumu.
Your Pa pa
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Wiifesnatcher(m): 7:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
jimyjames:

My friend calm down OK , I know the truth hurts, its painful that we Igbo's dominate you in your own lands and turned your lands to no mans land, there's nothing you can do about it, its in our blood to dominate

how much did your dad dominate monkey chest beating

stop beating your chest on empty stomach
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by dragunov: 7:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
jimyjames:

That's why your kind is always hated and persecuted everywhere you go. You're so arrogant, greedy, inhospitable, crass, noisy and brash. It's this stupidity that is your people's downfall. Pride will always lead to a downfall. It's a spiritual principle. No matter how hard you try, it will always lead to the same result. And that's why you're all stupi.d.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by dragunov: 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
Giftedtu:
Your Pa pa
grin grin. He pain am. See wetin you de post naaa. Otondo.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:

how much did your dad dominate monkey chest beating

stop beating your chest on empty stomach

How much is your own father worth ? I believe your father is a civil servant surviving on 30k minimum wage living in a rented apartment with 3 wife's and 15 children

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Wiifesnatcher(m): 7:15pm On Feb 05, 2020
jimyjames:

How much is your own father worth ? I believe your father is a civil servant surviving on 30k minimum wage living in a rented apartment with 3 wife's and 15 children

lolz! calm down. Yoruba don't birth like cow and rabbits as they'd In south yeast. it's only in south yeast you see a woman giving birth to 18kids in a room, I'm a living witness at Akaboukwu village in Nnewi. stop judging with your village experience, no be everybody like fvck as they'd in Yeast

when Did I tell you to attache your dad picture? I never finished with you, you dey upload your dad picture, what if I go raw with you will upload all your generation pictures grin
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 7:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
dragunov:

That's why your kind is always hated and persecuted everywhere you go. You're so arrogant, greedy, inhospitable, crass, noisy and brash. It's this stupidity that is your people's downfall. Pride will always lead to a downfall. It's a spiritual principle. No matter how hard you try, it will always lead to the same result. And that's why you're all stupi.d.

Its not our fault that we are proud arrogant and sturborn call us whatever you like its in our blood, we have lived that way for thousands of years without a king we never looked up to anyone but our CHI till the colonial masters came and spoilt everything
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 7:22pm On Feb 05, 2020
We know Yoruba's and northerners are competing for the largest population in Nigeria for many years now ,

You will see a jobless Yoruba man especially the Yoruba Muslims with 3 to 4 wife's 25 kids in a one room apartment they all make a living by selling agbo medicine

Wiifesnatcher:

lolz! calm down Yoruba don't birth like cow and rabbits as they'd In south yeast. it's only in south yeast you see a woman giving birth to 18kids in a room, I'm a living witness at Akaboukwu village in Nnewi

when Did I tell you attache your dad picture? I never finished with you dey upload your dad picture, what if I go raw with you will upload all your generation pictures grin

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by dragunov: 7:27pm On Feb 05, 2020
jimyjames:

Its not our fault that we are proud arrogant and sturborn call us whatever you like its in our blood, we have lived that way for thousands of years without a king we never looked up to anyone but our CHI till the colonial masters came and spoilt everything

Guess what bro? That attitude cannot take you anywhere. But it can be changed. Anarchy is your way. But order brings progress.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by dragunov: 7:30pm On Feb 05, 2020
jimyjames:

I want you to read this so you would know where y'all are coming from :

THE TRUTH ABOUT NIGERIA AND THE CONFUSION WE ARE IN TODAY

Who are the real traitors who brought us where we are today?

Forgotten History Of Igbo Tribe And Northern Alliance.

Do you know that when Tafawa Balewa was Prime Minister of Nigeria;

Chief of Army Staff was from SE
Chief of Naval Staff was from SE
IG of Police was from SE
Chief of Defence Staff was from SE
Internal Affairs Minister SE
External Affairs Minister SE
Education Minister South SE
Many other key ministries to SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE
The University of Ibadan VC from SE
North resisted same at ABU!

Still, there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!!

Out of all the most senior officers in Nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed.

Then Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it!

We must know our history so that when we want to make corrections, we will not end up concealing the truth. This has nothing to do with tribalism but everything to do with the truth.....at times when lies litter the streets. There is a tendency to think those are truths and facts.

*What follows are documented facts that can be cross-checked for authenticity!"*

Thou shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

*“Prof. Ben Nwabueze was the man who drafted the constitution that took away powers from regions and handed it to the central government because his brother Aguiyi Ironsi was the head of state then. Today, he is shouting restructuring that he helped to destroy. We won’t forget.”*.

WHAT BIAFRANS WILL NEVER TELL YOU ABOUT THE REAL CAUSE OF THEIR WOES IN NIGERIA TODAY:

The Igbo man is known to enjoy blaming the Hausa fulanis, Yorubas and indeed every other Nigerian tribe and Lord Luggard/Britain for their seeming claim of being in third class citizen status in Nigeria. In their perpetual attempts to play the victim card, they recount the political events of Nigeria from 1914 to the present in a half-baked and highly selective manner which cleverly avoids the mention of the roles played by their elite who by all natural laws of judgement were actually responsible for the woes that befell not only the Igbo race but the entire Nigeria nation. The story told in the post above is one of such selective and distorted accounts of history which the average Igbo man is fond of narrating.

However, the national archives have the complete and unedited history of Nigeria regarding the political events beginning way back from even before 1914. I will therefore proceed to furnish my readers with the complete story for all to read and be endowed with enough facts so as to judge and act from an informed position.

Shortly after the 1914 Amalgamation of the Northern and Southern Protectorates, it started getting clear that the country was bound to fail as the amalgamation in question was done with colonial fiat without the consent and consensus of the different tribes which were over 300. This prompted the political leaders to start asking for de-amalgamation so as to forestall the future danger which the forced amalgamation portended.

To that end, Ahmadu Bello, speaking on behalf of the Northern protectorate in 1944 described the amalgamation as "The mistake of 1914 which if allowed to remain will ultimately lead to unstoppable bloodshed and a failed country".
Awolowo, speaking on behalf of the Yorubas and Western minorities, described Nigeria as a mere geographical expression not qualified to be called a country let alone a nation. Awolowo added that if the amalgamation could not be reversed, then Nigeria should be structured as a strictly federal state so as to enable each tribe enjoy autonomy this freedom from being dominated by any one single tribe.

But Nnamdi Azikiwe, speaking for the Igbos, denounced Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello, terming them ethnic champions. He accused them of nursing a sectional agenda against the unity of Nigeria, and he declared further that the Unity of Nigeria was non-negotiable.

After moving the motion for independece in 1953, Anthony Enahoro proposed that a secession clause should be incorporated into the future constitution of Nigeria so as to give legal backing for any tribe to peacefully exit the forced union if it feels marginalized in future. According to Enahoro, such provision in our constitution would instill in all Nigeria's future leaders the fear of the consequences of misgovernance. But Azikiwe, speaking on behalf of Igbos, rose against him in the parliament and labelled him an agent of disunity, and enemy of Nigeria. At a later date, Awolowo too made a case for secession clause, but Azikiwe again resisted him and instigated the colonial authorities to threaten him and Enahoro with charges of treasonable felony if they didn't stop proposing secession clause for the future constitution. While Azikiwe did all these, Igbos cheered and urged him on because they felt the future Nigeria was theirs to dominate and lord it over every other tribe

Before independece, Tafawa Balewa too had in a public speech described Nigeria as a British experiment and Nigeria's unity as a British intention which Nigerians themselves don't believe in. But Azikiwe kicked and demonized him too. Had Azikiwe co-operated with Enahoro, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa about the secession clause, Nigeria perhaps would not have been this misgoverned.

For those in doubt, here is a link of one of the numerous instances in which Nnamdi Azikiwe fought against the secession clause proposal for the future Nigeria constitution.

It should be noted that there were many Igbo members of the parliament in which Azikiwe fought against Awolowo's secession clause proposal in the link above, but not a single one of them rose against Azikiwe or condemned him.

Igbos initially never wanted to hear anything like secession in Nigeria because they so much believed, though falsely, that they were the most educated tribe. (The first Nigerian tribe to produce a university graduate is the Binis). As an evidence of Igbo domination agenda hence their initial resistance to the idea of secession; here are some quotes:

"From all indications, the god of us Igbos have destined us to rule the whole of Africa"..... Nnamdi Azikiwe (1945).

"It is getting clearer each day that Igbo domination of Nigeria is just a question of time"... Oscar Onyeamma. (1949). Anascopeterson: As at 1900, the whole of the present Benue State, Kogi East Senatorial District and some southern parts of Taraba State called Munchi District back then; were all in the Southern Protectorate. Whoever doubts this should consult MacMillan Atlas for secondary schools in Nigeria. With that situation the South had a higher population than the North hence always had an upper hand in any democratic bargain.

But as at the early fifties when the regions were being created, common sense dictated clearly that these areas should fall in the future Eastern Region. But against common sense, the colonial masters decided to gerrymander them into the Northern Region. While they did that, Azikiwe who was supposed to be in Enugu fighting against it as the leader of the East, was far away in Ibadan struggling with Awolowo to rule the Western Region and also playing the spoiler role against Awolowo's attempts to have Kwara and present Kogi Yorubas carved into the Western Region from the North which was already too large by landmass.

Anascopeterson: While he abandoned his burning house and was far away in Ibadan struggling against Awolowo for his own (Awolowo's) region, Igbos saw absolutely nothing wrong with that. Rather they applauded him as a nationalist. A nationalist whose house was burning yet busy chasing rats in a far away land.
Anascopeterson: When opinions became unanimous that Lord Luggard and his government must be forced out of Nigeria and indeed the whole of Africa, it was still the Igbos that frustrated the attempts. Here is how:

In 1948, Anthony Enahoro organized an anti-colonization symposium in Lagos for which Azikiwe and some other Igbos had agreed to deliver the keynote address. But when the D-day came, Azikiwe was nowhere to be found as he deliberately disappeared into thin air for fear of being arrested and dealt with by Lord Luggard. Anthony Enahoro then quickly replaced Azikiwe with another person who did the job improptu but perfectly well as he lambasted and lampooned Lord Luggard and the British Government. However, the British soldiers invaded the symposium venue, arrested the speaker and Enahoro and jailed them for treasonable felony. Ironically, the next day Azikiwe came out of hiding and granted a radio interview in which he accused Enahoro and the other organizers of suffering from youthful exhuberance.

On regaining his freedom few weeks later and being told of Azikiwe's radio interview, Enahoro resigned from his post as Editor of Azikiwe's newspaper - The West African Pilot.

Then he wrote a book titled "Nnamdi Azikiwe: Sinner of Saint". After launching the book, Enahoro left Azikiwe's party - the NCNC, and moved over to Awolowo's Action Group.

Anascopeterson: The first military coup in Nigeria was carried out by majority of Igbo army officers. That was the coup that truncated democracy just six years post Independence and led to a succession of coups which put the country on the reverse gear for 33 years.

Through that first coup, those Igbo army officers who accused the politicians and government of the day of monumental corruption, killed the political leaders of the Northern, Western and Midwestern Regions but allowed all Igbo political figures to escape by tipping them off prior to the D-Day. In addition to the killing of political figures, they also killed a total of 27 innocent high ranking military officers from every region except their Eastern Region.

In the end an Igbo man called Aguiyi Ironsi, who was supposed to have been killed alongside other military officers, ended up becoming the new military ruler of Nigeria. Rather than immediately arrest and punish the coup plotters, he kept them in detention where they were treated as heroes. This was actually what sowed the seed for the eventual Biafra War. On the 23rd of February 1966 (i.e. a month and 8 days after the first coup porpularly but wrongly known as Nzeogwu coup, an Ijaw born Army officer called Isaac Adaka Boro who hailed from Kaima town of present Bayelsa State, declared the secession of the Niger Delta Republic in an attempt to free his Ijaw people from the monumental marginalization they had been suffering under Igbos in the old Eastern Region.
But Aguiyi Ironsi immediately ordered Colonel Odumegwu Ojukwu to arrest him and hand him over to the military high command under him in Lagos. Ojukwu went all out against Isaac Adaka Boro with federal military might and within 12 fighting days killed 150 Isaac Boro's soldiers, arrested him, stripped him naked, and had him driven to Lagos and handed to Ironsi who immediately charged him to court and within two months secured against him a conviction of treasonable felony for which he was sentenced to death by hanging fixed for December that year by the Supreme Court. His 'crime' was that he declared secession of The Niger Delta Republic from Nigeria. Meanwhile the Igbo coupists who shed innocent blood of other tribes and even sprayed bullets into the bellies of the pregnant wives of Ahmadu Bello and Brigadier Shodeinde were not charged to court or arraigned before any military tribunal.

Isaac Adaka Boro was in detention waiting for December to come for him to join his ancestors. But God so kind, a revenge coup happened on July 29 by Northern soldiers and Ironsi was overthrown and killed. Gowon took over and released Isaac Adaka Boro unconditionally, reinstated him into the Army with his previous rank.

Then on May 30, 1967, Ojukwu too declared secession of Biafra Republic from Nigeria and without consulting or apologising to Isaac Boro, drew a Biafra map which included the very areas that made up Isaac Adaka Boro's earlier declared Niger Delta Republic for which he fought against him and killed his soldiers. Seeing such level of arrogance in Ojukwu, Isaac Boro asked Gowon to provide arms for him to crush Biafra by fighting on the Nigerian side in vengeance for Ojukwu's frustration of his own secession declaration 15 months earlier.
Isaac Boro, as an Ijaw man conversant with the waterways, led the Nigeria Army through the coastal areas into Igboland to finish off thousands of Ojukwu's soldiers thus leading to the crushing defeat of Biafra. But today, Igbos accuse Ijaws of betraying them in the war. But from the facts as above, who really betrayed the other in all honesty? Be the judge. Why Gowon fought against Ojukwu's declaration of Biafra was as follows:

After Ironsi and Ojukwu successfully crushed Isaac Boro's Niger Delta Republic declaration, Ironsi immediately proceeded to promulgate the Anti-secession Decree which made the mere mention of secession from Nigeria punishable with death by hanging. Ojukwu openly supported and endorsed the decree despite disapproval of it by the general public. So when Ojukwu later declared Biafra secession, he was reminded of the Anti-secession Decree made by him and his brother Ironsi.

Deadly Truth: Igbos frequently reference Aburi Accord to create the impression that the rest of Nigerian tribes don't honour agreements. This is a very dishonest narrative from Igbos.

First and foremost Aburi Accord was organized by soldiers and unelected civil servants who should not participate in political exercises like making laws due to the civil service anonymity principle. Secondly, those civil servants and military men in attendance were not elected by their federal constituencies to the Aburi summit. In the philosophy of democracy the only universally acceptable way of making laws is through duly elected representatives of the people. But in going to Aburi the peoples' representatives duly elected in the 1965 elections were all sidelined for soldiers to hijack the process. Where on earth do soldiers make laws for the people? Rather, the civilian populace makes laws that guide the military. Aburi Accord therefore had no seal of the people's sovereignty hence it was an illegality which shouldn't have been allowed to stand.

Thirdly, in 1957, Nigerians from all federal constituencies democratically elected representatives whom they sponsored to London, paid their flight tickets and hotel accommodation for the Independence constitutional conference. Those representatives all resolved and agreed on federalism marked by regional autonomy and resource control in the Independence Constitution which they brought back home and everyone accepted it.

In that constitution, Nigerians all agreed that on no account shall the military take over power. It was also clearly stated in it that ammendments to it could be done by only democratically elected representatives.

That constitution was the first ever agreement between all Nigerians. On the day of his inauguration as the Army GoC, Aguiyi Ironsi stood before the whole world and with his own mouth swore to protect and defend that sovereign Independence constitution regardless of the circumstances that may later arise. But just six years after he manufactured an excuse to clinch power against the clear provisions of that constitution we all agreed to, unilaterally began to amend its provisions with his very offensive Decrees, and ended up dismantling the federalism and resource control therein, and ultimately subverted that constitution we all painstakingly sacrificed to draft. That was the height of Irresponsibility and the dishonoring of sacred agreement. That was how Igbos breached the first agreement, all Nigerians, ever all mutually consented to, thus laying the foundation for violation of future agreements.

So Aburi Accord was only treated exactly the same way Igbos treated the Independence constitution agreement.
Anascopeterson: Obasanjo removed history from the school curriculum hence the reason why many of what we know of the eventualities in Biafra war were altered to suite their narratives.

Anytime i hear or watch NNAMDI KANU talk i never take it serious but only as a noisemaker.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 7:35pm On Feb 05, 2020
I can't read this cooked up trash propaganda

dragunov:

I want you to read this so you would know where y'all are coming from :

THE TRUTH ABOUT NIGERIA AND THE CONFUSION WE ARE IN TODAY

Who are the real traitors who brought us where we are today?

Forgotten History Of Igbo Tribe And Northern Alliance.

Do you know that when Tafawa Balewa was Prime Minister of Nigeria;

Chief of Army Staff was from SE
Chief of Naval Staff was from SE
IG of Police was from SE
Chief of Defence Staff was from SE
Internal Affairs Minister SE
External Affairs Minister SE
Education Minister South SE
Many other key ministries to SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE
The University of Ibadan VC from SE
North resisted same at ABU!

Still, there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!!

Out of all the most senior officers in Nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed.

Then Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it!

We must know our history so that when we want to make corrections, we will not end up concealing the truth. This has nothing to do with tribalism but everything to do with the truth.....at times when lies litter the streets. There is a tendency to think those are truths and facts.

*What follows are documented facts that can be cross-checked for authenticity!"*

Thou shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

*“Prof. Ben Nwabueze was the man who drafted the constitution that took away powers from regions and handed it to the central government because his brother Aguiyi Ironsi was the head of state then. Today, he is shouting restructuring that he helped to destroy. We won’t forget.”*.

WHAT BIAFRANS WILL NEVER TELL YOU ABOUT THE REAL CAUSE OF THEIR WOES IN NIGERIA TODAY:

The Igbo man is known to enjoy blaming the Hausa fulanis, Yorubas and indeed every other Nigerian tribe and Lord Luggard/Britain for their seeming claim of being in third class citizen status in Nigeria. In their perpetual attempts to play the victim card, they recount the political events of Nigeria from 1914 to the present in a half-baked and highly selective manner which cleverly avoids the mention of the roles played by their elite who by all natural laws of judgement were actually responsible for the woes that befell not only the Igbo race but the entire Nigeria nation. The story told in the post above is one of such selective and distorted accounts of history which the average Igbo man is fond of narrating.

However, the national archives have the complete and unedited history of Nigeria regarding the political events beginning way back from even before 1914. I will therefore proceed to furnish my readers with the complete story for all to read and be endowed with enough facts so as to judge and act from an informed position.

Shortly after the 1914 Amalgamation of the Northern and Southern Protectorates, it started getting clear that the country was bound to fail as the amalgamation in question was done with colonial fiat without the consent and consensus of the different tribes which were over 300. This prompted the political leaders to start asking for de-amalgamation so as to forestall the future danger which the forced amalgamation portended.

To that end, Ahmadu Bello, speaking on behalf of the Northern protectorate in 1944 described the amalgamation as "The mistake of 1914 which if allowed to remain will ultimately lead to unstoppable bloodshed and a failed country".
Awolowo, speaking on behalf of the Yorubas and Western minorities, described Nigeria as a mere geographical expression not qualified to be called a country let alone a nation. Awolowo added that if the amalgamation could not be reversed, then Nigeria should be structured as a strictly federal state so as to enable each tribe enjoy autonomy this freedom from being dominated by any one single tribe.

But Nnamdi Azikiwe, speaking for the Igbos, denounced Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello, terming them ethnic champions. He accused them of nursing a sectional agenda against the unity of Nigeria, and he declared further that the Unity of Nigeria was non-negotiable.

After moving the motion for independece in 1953, Anthony Enahoro proposed that a secession clause should be incorporated into the future constitution of Nigeria so as to give legal backing for any tribe to peacefully exit the forced union if it feels marginalized in future. According to Enahoro, such provision in our constitution would instill in all Nigeria's future leaders the fear of the consequences of misgovernance. But Azikiwe, speaking on behalf of Igbos, rose against him in the parliament and labelled him an agent of disunity, and enemy of Nigeria. At a later date, Awolowo too made a case for secession clause, but Azikiwe again resisted him and instigated the colonial authorities to threaten him and Enahoro with charges of treasonable felony if they didn't stop proposing secession clause for the future constitution. While Azikiwe did all these, Igbos cheered and urged him on because they felt the future Nigeria was theirs to dominate and lord it over every other tribe

Before independece, Tafawa Balewa too had in a public speech described Nigeria as a British experiment and Nigeria's unity as a British intention which Nigerians themselves don't believe in. But Azikiwe kicked and demonized him too. Had Azikiwe co-operated with Enahoro, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa about the secession clause, Nigeria perhaps would not have been this misgoverned.

For those in doubt, here is a link of one of the numerous instances in which Nnamdi Azikiwe fought against the secession clause proposal for the future Nigeria constitution.

It should be noted that there were many Igbo members of the parliament in which Azikiwe fought against Awolowo's secession clause proposal in the link above, but not a single one of them rose against Azikiwe or condemned him.

Igbos initially never wanted to hear anything like secession in Nigeria because they so much believed, though falsely, that they were the most educated tribe. (The first Nigerian tribe to produce a university graduate is the Binis). As an evidence of Igbo domination agenda hence their initial resistance to the idea of secession; here are some quotes:

"From all indications, the god of us Igbos have destined us to rule the whole of Africa"..... Nnamdi Azikiwe (1945).

"It is getting clearer each day that Igbo domination of Nigeria is just a question of time"... Oscar Onyeamma. (1949). Anascopeterson: As at 1900, the whole of the present Benue State, Kogi East Senatorial District and some southern parts of Taraba State called Munchi District back then; were all in the Southern Protectorate. Whoever doubts this should consult MacMillan Atlas for secondary schools in Nigeria. With that situation the South had a higher population than the North hence always had an upper hand in any democratic bargain.

But as at the early fifties when the regions were being created, common sense dictated clearly that these areas should fall in the future Eastern Region. But against common sense, the colonial masters decided to gerrymander them into the Northern Region. While they did that, Azikiwe who was supposed to be in Enugu fighting against it as the leader of the East, was far away in Ibadan struggling with Awolowo to rule the Western Region and also playing the spoiler role against Awolowo's attempts to have Kwara and present Kogi Yorubas carved into the Western Region from the North which was already too large by landmass.

Anascopeterson: While he abandoned his burning house and was far away in Ibadan struggling against Awolowo for his own (Awolowo's) region, Igbos saw absolutely nothing wrong with that. Rather they applauded him as a nationalist. A nationalist whose house was burning yet busy chasing rats in a far away land.
Anascopeterson: When opinions became unanimous that Lord Luggard and his government must be forced out of Nigeria and indeed the whole of Africa, it was still the Igbos that frustrated the attempts. Here is how:

In 1948, Anthony Enahoro organized an anti-colonization symposium in Lagos for which Azikiwe and some other Igbos had agreed to deliver the keynote address. But when the D-day came, Azikiwe was nowhere to be found as he deliberately disappeared into thin air for fear of being arrested and dealt with by Lord Luggard. Anthony Enahoro then quickly replaced Azikiwe with another person who did the job improptu but perfectly well as he lambasted and lampooned Lord Luggard and the British Government. However, the British soldiers invaded the symposium venue, arrested the speaker and Enahoro and jailed them for treasonable felony. Ironically, the next day Azikiwe came out of hiding and granted a radio interview in which he accused Enahoro and the other organizers of suffering from youthful exhuberance.

On regaining his freedom few weeks later and being told of Azikiwe's radio interview, Enahoro resigned from his post as Editor of Azikiwe's newspaper - The West African Pilot.

Then he wrote a book titled "Nnamdi Azikiwe: Sinner of Saint". After launching the book, Enahoro left Azikiwe's party - the NCNC, and moved over to Awolowo's Action Group.

Anascopeterson: The first military coup in Nigeria was carried out by majority of Igbo army officers. That was the coup that truncated democracy just six years post Independence and led to a succession of coups which put the country on the reverse gear for 33 years.

Through that first coup, those Igbo army officers who accused the politicians and government of the day of monumental corruption, killed the political leaders of the Northern, Western and Midwestern Regions but allowed all Igbo political figures to escape by tipping them off prior to the D-Day. In addition to the killing of political figures, they also killed a total of 27 innocent high ranking military officers from every region except their Eastern Region.

In the end an Igbo man called Aguiyi Ironsi, who was supposed to have been killed alongside other military officers, ended up becoming the new military ruler of Nigeria. Rather than immediately arrest and punish the coup plotters, he kept them in detention where they were treated as heroes. This was actually what sowed the seed for the eventual Biafra War. On the 23rd of February 1966 (i.e. a month and 8 days after the first coup porpularly but wrongly known as Nzeogwu coup, an Ijaw born Army officer called Isaac Adaka Boro who hailed from Kaima town of present Bayelsa State, declared the secession of the Niger Delta Republic in an attempt to free his Ijaw people from the monumental marginalization they had been suffering under Igbos in the old Eastern Region.
But Aguiyi Ironsi immediately ordered Colonel Odumegwu Ojukwu to arrest him and hand him over to the military high command under him in Lagos. Ojukwu went all out against Isaac Adaka Boro with federal military might and within 12 fighting days killed 150 Isaac Boro's soldiers, arrested him, stripped him naked, and had him driven to Lagos and handed to Ironsi who immediately charged him to court and within two months secured against him a conviction of treasonable felony for which he was sentenced to death by hanging fixed for December that year by the Supreme Court. His 'crime' was that he declared secession of The Niger Delta Republic from Nigeria. Meanwhile the Igbo coupists who shed innocent blood of other tribes and even sprayed bullets into the bellies of the pregnant wives of Ahmadu Bello and Brigadier Shodeinde were not charged to court or arraigned before any military tribunal.

Isaac Adaka Boro was in detention waiting for December to come for him to join his ancestors. But God so kind, a revenge coup happened on July 29 by Northern soldiers and Ironsi was overthrown and killed. Gowon took over and released Isaac Adaka Boro unconditionally, reinstated him into the Army with his previous rank.

Then on May 30, 1967, Ojukwu too declared secession of Biafra Republic from Nigeria and without consulting or apologising to Isaac Boro, drew a Biafra map which included the very areas that made up Isaac Adaka Boro's earlier declared Niger Delta Republic for which he fought against him and killed his soldiers. Seeing such level of arrogance in Ojukwu, Isaac Boro asked Gowon to provide arms for him to crush Biafra by fighting on the Nigerian side in vengeance for Ojukwu's frustration of his own secession declaration 15 months earlier.
Isaac Boro, as an Ijaw man conversant with the waterways, led the Nigeria Army through the coastal areas into Igboland to finish off thousands of Ojukwu's soldiers thus leading to the crushing defeat of Biafra. But today, Igbos accuse Ijaws of betraying them in the war. But from the facts as above, who really betrayed the other in all honesty? Be the judge. Why Gowon fought against Ojukwu's declaration of Biafra was as follows:

After Ironsi and Ojukwu successfully crushed Isaac Boro's Niger Delta Republic declaration, Ironsi immediately proceeded to promulgate the Anti-secession Decree which made the mere mention of secession from Nigeria punishable with death by hanging. Ojukwu openly supported and endorsed the decree despite disapproval of it by the general public. So when Ojukwu later declared Biafra secession, he was reminded of the Anti-secession Decree made by him and his brother Ironsi.

Deadly Truth: Igbos frequently reference Aburi Accord to create the impression that the rest of Nigerian tribes don't honour agreements. This is a very dishonest narrative from Igbos.

First and foremost Aburi Accord was organized by soldiers and unelected civil servants who should not participate in political exercises like making laws due to the civil service anonymity principle. Secondly, those civil servants and military men in attendance were not elected by their federal constituencies to the Aburi summit. In the philosophy of democracy the only universally acceptable way of making laws is through duly elected representatives of the people. But in going to Aburi the peoples' representatives duly elected in the 1965 elections were all sidelined for soldiers to hijack the process. Where on earth do soldiers make laws for the people? Rather, the civilian populace makes laws that guide the military. Aburi Accord therefore had no seal of the people's sovereignty hence it was an illegality which shouldn't have been allowed to stand.

Thirdly, in 1957, Nigerians from all federal constituencies democratically elected representatives whom they sponsored to London, paid their flight tickets and hotel accommodation for the Independence constitutional conference. Those representatives all resolved and agreed on federalism marked by regional autonomy and resource control in the Independence Constitution which they brought back home and everyone accepted it.

In that constitution, Nigerians all agreed that on no account shall the military take over power. It was also clearly stated in it that ammendments to it could be done by only democratically elected representatives.

That constitution was the first ever agreement between all Nigerians. On the day of his inauguration as the Army GoC, Aguiyi Ironsi stood before the whole world and with his own mouth swore to protect and defend that sovereign Independence constitution regardless of the circumstances that may later arise. But just six years after he manufactured an excuse to clinch power against the clear provisions of that constitution we all agreed to, unilaterally began to amend its provisions with his very offensive Decrees, and ended up dismantling the federalism and resource control therein, and ultimately subverted that constitution we all painstakingly sacrificed to draft. That was the height of Irresponsibility and the dishonoring of sacred agreement. That was how Igbos breached the first agreement, all Nigerians, ever all mutually consented to, thus laying the foundation for violation of future agreements.

So Aburi Accord was only treated exactly the same way Igbos treated the Independence constitution agreement.
Anascopeterson: Obasanjo removed history from the school curriculum hence the reason why many of what we know of the eventualities in Biafra war were altered to suite their narratives.

Anytime i hear or watch NNAMDI KANU talk i never take it serious but only as a noisemaker.
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Giftedtu: 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2020
dragunov:
grin grin. He pain am. See wetin you de post naaa. Otondo.
Otondo senior
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by BiafraforTrump: 7:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
dragunov:

Biafra for Trump. Bwahahahahahahakikikiki. What a moniker. No wonder you're like this.

What's my moniker doing to your brain??
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Wiifesnatcher(m): 7:54pm On Feb 05, 2020
jimyjames:
We know Yoruba's and northerners are competing for the largest population in Nigeria for many years now ,

You will see a jobless Yoruba man especially the Yoruba Muslims with 3 to 4 wife's 25 kids in a one room apartment they all make a living by selling agbo medicine

how is orji uzor Kalu doing? he's part of the business economist of Lagos? hope you visited him? cheesy

your papa Don't own a shop at alaba and ladipo yet you're boasting on empty stomach about who control Lagos economy?

there is nothing you will say that will force me not to believe you're a modern imbeciles cheesy
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 8:08pm On Feb 05, 2020
All I can see in you is nothing but pains , say whatever you like but it doesn't change that fact that we own Lagos economy

Wiifesnatcher:

how is orji uzor Kalu doing? he's part of the business economist of Lagos? hope you visited him? cheesy

your papa Don't own a shop at alaba and ladipo yet you're boasting on empty stomach about who control Lagos economy?

there is nothing you will say that will force me not to believe you're a modern imbeciles cheesy

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by Wiifesnatcher(m): 8:43pm On Feb 05, 2020
jimyjames:
All I can see in you is nothing but pains , say whatever you like but it doesn't change that fact that we own Lagos economy

developers of fraud, stop chest beating

it's no brainer
Re: Amotekun: Akeredolu Meets President Buhari (Photos) by dragunov: 12:33am On Feb 06, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

What's my moniker doing to your brain??

It's sending a signal that something is wrong with you. That you're strongly deluded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPOB On Ebubeagu: Register With New Security Outfit & Join Your Ancestors / Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike / Solomon Dalung At The 2016 Tarok Carnival (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.