Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Mother In Law Issues - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother In Law Issues (5715 Views)

Pablo Classic Fasaki's Mother, Bola Fasaki. Is She The Youngest Mother-In-Law? / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother In Law Issues by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 21, 2020
donstan18:
I'm a traditional person who believes every reasonable person should understand the norms of his/her society and culture regardless of where he/she lives.

From your story, your husband respects almost all your decisions, he's not a controlling or arrogant type, he understands and know how to treat you well.

But I tell you, the moment you start making decisions that will make it look like you want to separate your husband from his mother will mark the beginning of your problems with your husband's family.

I'll advice you to adjust some decisions with your husband and allow your MIL visit.

Make I give you small expo......

As a wife in a family, don't ever cause a fight between your husband and his family members or PUBLICLY support your husband during any quarrel or argument with his family members. Because at the end of the day, they'll reconcile and forgive him as a son and brother, but will NEVER forgive you, his supporter

Kindly allow her come pay a visit, she's not coming to live forever with you or to snatch your husband away. She'll come, go and you'll have your peace.

Exactly, allow families do their do.
After them go na you and your husband go dey.
I no even get time yo drag something with person.
Abeg take comot, i no want wahala.
Na your brother do am anyhow you like and he permits.
Re: Mother In Law Issues by UmmuFarrah(f): 10:36am On Apr 21, 2020
mimimile93:
my mom over my wife anytime any day.
And your wife's mum over you any time any day......why don't you get married to your mum?
And please stop using Allah's name to curse anybody, you have no right to do that even to the worst creature. God knows more than you do. I'm so ashamed of sharing the same Faith with you if truly you are a Muslim.
Salam

2 Likes

Re: Mother In Law Issues by mimimile93: 12:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
UmmuFarrah:

And your wife's mum over you any time any day......why don't you get married to your mum?
And please stop using Allah's name to curse anybody, you have no right to do that even to the worst creature. God knows more than you do. I'm so ashamed of sharing the same Faith with you if truly you are a Muslim.
Salam
May Allah show us mercy at this period.

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Issues by fredopareto(m): 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
I am not necessarily looking for advice, I just want to get the story out and maybe get some other perspectives...waste of time..
Re: Mother In Law Issues by Alennsar(f): 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
Op please stop seeing her as your mother in law but see her as your mother. This will enable you to bear and forgive her excesses and remember you will also be a mother in law one day.

Allow her to come and you can also bring your own mother so as to ease the tension between you both.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need Ur Counsel Please. / Can A Man Be Compelled To Pay Child Support To His Baby Mama In Nigeria? / She Knew She Won’t Make It Till The Next Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.