Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,782 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? (34607 Views)

Ebeano Supermarket: CCTV Captures A Lady Turning On A Gas Cooker (Video) / How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? / Complete Business Plan For Cooking Gas Refill Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Sirmuel1(m): 6:15am On Feb 06, 2020
There are some good comments on the first page. Follow their advice
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by IM0Y(m): 6:16am On Feb 06, 2020
dominique:
Are there no people doing the business around you you can study the business from?
The people I actually met were reluctant to teach me the business, they think I want to be a competitor.

1 Like

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Josyakin: 6:18am On Feb 06, 2020
Let me put you through this is my fourth year in the business 08146260258 I will teach you all you have to know..
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Mobree: 6:26am On Feb 06, 2020
gabazin080:
I have a big shop in front of my house and I will like to know if if 150k is enough to start a gas refill business. I will also like to know the requirements and how to go about it plus how profitable the business is.

also thinking of selling gas cylinder and burners. help a bro please

Are you aware the government intends to close unapproved gas stations? Please, research before you go on o.

1 Like

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Donjuan77: 6:27am On Feb 06, 2020
Pls if you know about the business try to break down the gain and lost about the business am also interested in doing the business.
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by PWAPUTI2010(m): 6:29am On Feb 06, 2020
On issue of your proposed business idea, the government has ban mini gas outlets across the country just last week, the only regards filling gas station.

1 Like

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by adetolu31(m): 6:31am On Feb 06, 2020
gabazin080:
I have a big shop in front of my house and I will like to know if if 150k is enough to start a gas refill business. I will also like to know the requirements and how to go about it plus how profitable the business is.

I sent you an email with regard to your post
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Monday60655(m): 6:37am On Feb 06, 2020
Smellingrillmea:

I agree completely with you .....that guy is very suspicious......he must be igbo ......dem no dey use ear here shop and money

I can see you that hate money and shop. As you hate money, it will surely be far from you. Niccocompus
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by IM0Y(m): 6:41am On Feb 06, 2020
adetolu31:

I sent you an email with regard to your post
Pls send to my mail also
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by witworth(m): 6:44am On Feb 06, 2020
kunleweb:
Draw up a business plan first. The business plan will act as a road map and tell you what you need it's cost and if it's going to be enough
he already give you a capital sum, simple question yes or no, no story abeg

1 Like

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by witworth(m): 6:46am On Feb 06, 2020
dominique:
Are there no people doing the business around you you can study the business from?
Don't use question to answer questions, stupid Nigerians, simple yes or no.

4 Likes

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by TenthMan(m): 6:53am On Feb 06, 2020
gabazin080:

Please note that the Gas Refill Business is actually illegal by the Nigerian Petroleum Regulations.

Yes I understand that a lot of people do it in various areas, but by law and existing regulations, this is an illegal business.

If you set up this business, please note that the DPR which is the Chief Regulator of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry (in conjunction with either the DSS or Civil Defense or the Police) will conduct operations to shut you down at various times.

You might be lucky not to have their attention in your area. But note that it is an illegal business.

2 Likes

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by bobbiiee: 6:58am On Feb 06, 2020
Well, I was privileged to work in the first fully automated gas plant in this country. Because I was not among those in the dispensing section, I had to learnt the act of refilling manually from of our distributirs.

1) First, go and do internship with someone that is skilled in the business.
2) Check if your environment is ideal.
3) In case it is, all electrical connections must be disconnected in the shop.
4) A minimum of 50kg extinguisher should be bought and placed at the entrance of the shop.
5) Place no smoking and no making of calls signs outside and inside the shop.
6) Get a good scale for measuring so that you won't cheat others or yourself. Experience has taught me that most people in the industry are cheat.
7) Get good used cylinders and change the gauge from used to new, to either regular type or nido. Nido was most common when I was into it. Still mostly used by caterers, hotels & schools. I bought about 8 used cylinders from Ojuelegba in Surulere, Lagos & 12 brand new cylinders elsewhere.
cool Never agree to exchange cylinders. You will end up with the bad ones. The moment your good cylinder is the possession of some they will stop buying gas from you.
9) Do your due diligence to know gas stations that fill appropriately. I later started patronising Second Coming. Their measurement was the best for me in Lagos mainland.
10) Some do get bicycles or motorcycles to do delivery withing their environment.
11) Ask for gas stations that do delivery. Though such is rare. Some charge a token to pick up your empty cylinders and also deliver it. Or get someone that can do that for you.
11) Ask for God's help and dont short-fill or cheat people.

19 Likes

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Foodqueen(f): 6:59am On Feb 06, 2020
Beware of those that will ask you to chat them on WhatsApp. No let them collect the small money wey de your hand o.
I don talk my own

3 Likes

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by hpymoment(f): 7:00am On Feb 06, 2020
gbagyiza:

Is it the cooking gas business i know or it's another one. Bro that business is safety oriented. You need to spend hugely to ensure quality equipment n safety gadgets r installed. And clearance by safety organization most be seek before u commence operation. Do you remember d quack gas filling unit in kaduna that exploded n killed many people.

Op the risk factor is what you should be after not the money for startup. Can you handle being responsible for people's life and safety around you? Someone even get mind tell you to go n learn it for two weeks angry seriously?
Minimum of 6months biko for a maximum experience or kukuma sell the cylinder alone.

2 Likes

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 06, 2020
Smellingrillmea:

Buy lapi

You want to redirect his destiny abi grin

1 Like

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by just4kelvin(m): 7:17am On Feb 06, 2020
BabaCommander:
I'm interested in this ad well, but mine is for a small gas plant.

Anyone knows how much and what it takes to start one? Please, help out.

I can help u with a mini plant (skid) if u are truly interested. send me a private message.
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by sonofanarchy(m): 7:21am On Feb 06, 2020
laborious:
Yes it will since you already have a shop...want to know more? Talk to me..
what will it take you to post it here? you are planning of scamming the op

1 Like

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Haywhycuisine: 7:23am On Feb 06, 2020
Check online for godfirst oil and gas... They can put you through
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by SimDan95(m): 7:28am On Feb 06, 2020
BabaCommander:

I can actually help with the info call 08023679137
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Jabioro: 7:31am On Feb 06, 2020
You can sell burners, cylinders and others gas tools,but don't ever try refilled at your shop attached to your home.It is a disaster in waiting and it may consumed more than expected..it is illegal, safety jeopardize..
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by adisabarber(m): 7:31am On Feb 06, 2020
gabazin080:

It is illegal to transfer gas from one cylinder to another. If that's what you are planning just know that one explosion might make government stop the business. You need DPR license to sell gas but they will never issue it to you if you plan to transfer from one cylinder to another. You can however make as much as you can since the law is not being enforced right now

1 Like

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by sucrose157(m): 7:52am On Feb 06, 2020
BabaCommander:

Registration fee is much
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by GeneralPula: 8:01am On Feb 06, 2020
gabazin080:
can I have your WhatsApp number please

Sha be careful..

Scam is real..
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by MPESA(m): 8:05am On Feb 06, 2020
Smellingrillmea:

I agree completely with you .....that guy is very suspicious......he must be igbo ......dem no dey use ear here shop and money

Stop been st.pid while dragging the whole region for your unproven assumption....
Na which tribe do fraud pass for this country....

4 Likes

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by lawrsmith(m): 8:06am On Feb 06, 2020
Smellingrillmea:

buffoon
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by mechanics(m): 8:08am On Feb 06, 2020
It's small o, to get the gas accessories alone is money, talk more of the gas itself.
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Jaeljael: 8:17am On Feb 06, 2020
1) First, go and do internship with someone that is skilled in the business.

[/quote]
Since this bro has given you the template let me give you the costing.(you can learn this business in a day, there is no special skill unless you want to repair which is also simple)
I will be giving the prices of all the materials you need. Note there are two locations in which is the best bet to get this materials, Alaba international and Oshodi Arena. ( I learnt they sell in mushin but I've not verified their price). Alaba is the best bet because it's cheaper. Note Oshodi sellers buy from Alaba.
Price in Alaba(A) and Oshodi(O)

50kg cylinder. (A) 27k-29k (O) 30k-32k
Fillers depending on the size (A) it varies on quality 5k is better but u will see for N2500. (O). 7k and 4k respectively.
Electronic scale (toma is better) (A) 26k -29k. Note don't buy those once of 18k
,don't even buy manual scale, customers don't trust it.
It's advisable to start with at least two 50kg bottles (as a dealer you wouldn't be calling them cylinders, they are bottles).
Other minor things go to those market and verify them your self don't trust what you see online (lazy Nigerian youth). I'm running late I would given you the costing of everything from both markets, but go yourself.
As per if 150k is going to be ok? If your shop rent is not part of the 150k it's might (which I doubt).
Note you need to buy the content (gas) from that same 150k hmmmm!
Content is N210-N225 here where am doing my biz, and we sell 280-300 per kg.
So you need about N10500 -11k + to fill a bottle. Profit is between 2500-3k.
It's a very profitable biz if you are serious. (I've tired.) God bless you real big

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by musazulyadain: 8:31am On Feb 06, 2020
I don't think of that you have is enough
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 8:37am On Feb 06, 2020
Im not an expert but you need to study under someone rooted in the business so you can learn how the gas is dispensed.

1 Like

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by IammrB: 8:40am On Feb 06, 2020
Donjuan77:
Pls if you know about the business try to break down the gain and lost about the business am also interested in doing the business.

I am looking forward to this as well.

I have been researching for months on how to go about it.
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Thescienceprof(m): 8:56am On Feb 06, 2020
If you don't mind starting very small.
Let me give you a break down.
1. You will buy a fire extinguisher #6500
2. You will need at least 4 units of 50kg cylinder. each costs an average of #35K. That's #140k
3. A scale for dispensing costs between #13-#20k depending on brand.
4. Two holes and 2 regulators (one for standard cylinders and one for the smaller cylinders). approximately #5k
5. Depending on the state you want to operate from, you will be required to pay a fee to the state Fire service. Here in Oyo state, it is #11k renewable at #2500 per annum. A certificate of operation will be issued to you.
6. You can earmark another #30k for sale of accessories and small cylinders. I bet, there is more profit on the sale of these accessories than the gas itself
7. Please, try to spend like another #30k on Indusrial gas burners; 1 unit of double and 1 unit of single. people rent them on weekends for events. The double one is rented@ #2k while the single is rented @ #1k.
8. You will need a carpenter to make shelf for you in the shop and another stand outside the shop to display accessories. That should not cost more than 20k.

In summary, 150k won't be sufficient. You would need at least 250k as start up capital, if you add up what I've put up there together.
Good luck.

PS: The business is a very lucrative one if you know your way around it. Meanwhile, I do it as a side hustle since I have a regular 9-5 job. I just trained a sales boy that I pay 10k to as salary

You will also need to fill the bottles with gas; that's 11k per 50kg bottle. you don't have to fill all four bottles at once if you don't have enough.
By and large bro, you are looking at 300k

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Famous Markets In Nigeria And What They Are Famous For / Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat / Huge Congestion Hit Banks As BVN Deadline Nears(see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.