Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? (34747 Views)

Ebeano Supermarket: CCTV Captures A Lady Turning On A Gas Cooker (Video) / How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? / Complete Business Plan For Cooking Gas Refill Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Hotfreez: 6:05am On Mar 19, 2020
Hope you guys take all safety precautions. Gas is the new bomb.
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Teeklef(m): 9:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
1.Can someone list the type and price of electric scale for transfering gas?
2. If your sales price is #300 per kg, What is the expected gain one can derive from a 60kg standard bottle?
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by dayjeee(m): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
Teeklef:
1.Can someone list the type and price of electric scale for transfering gas?
2. If your sales price is #300 per kg, What is the expected gain one can derive from a 60kg standard bottle?
scale for transferring or measuring?
You can get a gain of 4000 to 4500 on a 50kg bottle
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Teeklef(m): 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
dayjeee:
scale for transferring or measuring? You can get a gain of 4000 to 4500 on a 50kg bottle
I mean for measuring, electric scale like tooma and others.
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by dayjeee(m): 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
Teeklef:

I mean for measuring, electric scale like tooma and others.
budget 25 to 30k for a good digital scale
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Teeklef(m): 10:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
dayjeee:
budget 25 to 30k for a good digital scale
Thanks bro
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by 2dice01: 5:24pm On May 18, 2020
Baba this is it 090281288-35
Cc gabazin080
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Ogborokiri(m): 5:58pm On May 18, 2020
Thescienceprof:
If you don't mind starting very small.
Let me give you a break down.
1. You will buy a fire extinguisher #6500
2. You will need at least 4 units of 50kg cylinder. each costs an average of #35K. That's #140k
3. A scale for dispensing costs between #13-#20k depending on brand.
4. Two holes and 2 regulators (one for standard cylinders and one for the smaller cylinders). approximately #5k
5. Depending on the state you want to operate from, you will be required to pay a fee to the state Fire service. Here in Oyo state, it is #11k renewable at #2500 per annum. A certificate of operation will be issued to you.
6. You can earmark another #30k for sale of accessories and small cylinders. I bet, there is more profit on the sale of these accessories than the gas itself
7. Please, try to spend like another #30k on Indusrial gas burners; 1 unit of double and 1 unit of single. people rent them on weekends for events. The double one is rented@ #2k while the single is rented @ #1k.
8. You will need a carpenter to make shelf for you in the shop and another stand outside the shop to display accessories. That should not cost more than 20k.

In summary, 150k won't be sufficient. You would need at least 250k as start up capital, if you add up what I've put up there together.
Good luck.

PS: The business is a very lucrative one if you know your way around it. Meanwhile, I do it as a side hustle since I have a regular 9-5 job. I just trained a sales boy that I pay 10k to as salary

You will also need to fill the bottles with gas; that's 11k per 50kg bottle. you don't have to fill all four bottles at once if you don't have enough.
By and large bro, you are looking at 300k
can I have your WhatsApp number
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Thescienceprof(m): 6:29pm On May 18, 2020
Ogborokiri:
can I have your WhatsApp number
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by itubaba001: 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
Good
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by PupsyDD(m): 5:21am On Dec 04, 2021
Hello boss, just come across this thread. I'm interested in this biz, pls are u still into it?
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by urchcoded(m): 11:04am On Mar 25
Thescienceprof:
If you don't mind starting very small.
Let me give you a break down.
1. You will buy a fire extinguisher #6500
2. You will need at least 4 units of 50kg cylinder. each costs an average of #35K. That's #140k
3. A scale for dispensing costs between #13-#20k depending on brand.
4. Two holes and 2 regulators (one for standard cylinders and one for the smaller cylinders). approximately #5k
5. Depending on the state you want to operate from, you will be required to pay a fee to the state Fire service. Here in Oyo state, it is #11k renewable at #2500 per annum. A certificate of operation will be issued to you.
6. You can earmark another #30k for sale of accessories and small cylinders. I bet, there is more profit on the sale of these accessories than the gas itself
7. Please, try to spend like another #30k on Indusrial gas burners; 1 unit of double and 1 unit of single. people rent them on weekends for events. The double one is rented@ #2k while the single is rented @ #1k.
8. You will need a carpenter to make shelf for you in the shop and another stand outside the shop to display accessories. That should not cost more than 20k.

In summary, 150k won't be sufficient. You would need at least 250k as start up capital, if you add up what I've put up there together.
Good luck.

PS: The business is a very lucrative one if you know your way around it. Meanwhile, I do it as a side hustle since I have a regular 9-5 job. I just trained a sales boy that I pay 10k to as salary

You will also need to fill the bottles with gas; that's 11k per 50kg bottle. you don't have to fill all four bottles at once if you don't have enough.
By and large bro, you are looking at 300k
Can I have a chat with you about this?
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by osikimax: 6:20pm On Apr 22
Thank you so much.
bobbiiee:
Well, I was privileged to work in the first fully automated gas plant in this country. Because I was not among those in the dispensing section, I had to learnt the act of refilling manually from of our distributirs.

1) First, go and do internship with someone that is skilled in the business.
2) Check if your environment is ideal.
3) In case it is, all electrical connections must be disconnected in the shop.
4) A minimum of 50kg extinguisher should be bought and placed at the entrance of the shop.
5) Place no smoking and no making of calls signs outside and inside the shop.
6) Get a good scale for measuring so that you won't cheat others or yourself. Experience has taught me that most people in the industry are cheat.
7) Get good used cylinders and change the gauge from used to new, to either regular type or nido. Nido was most common when I was into it. Still mostly used by caterers, hotels & schools. I bought about 8 used cylinders from Ojuelegba in Surulere, Lagos & 12 brand new cylinders elsewhere.
cool Never agree to exchange cylinders. You will end up with the bad ones. The moment your good cylinder is the possession of some they will stop buying gas from you.
9) Do your due diligence to know gas stations that fill appropriately. I later started patronising Second Coming. Their measurement was the best for me in Lagos mainland.
10) Some do get bicycles or motorcycles to do delivery withing their environment.
11) Ask for gas stations that do delivery. Though such is rare. Some charge a token to pick up your empty cylinders and also deliver it. Or get someone that can do that for you.
11) Ask for God's help and dont short-fill or cheat people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Reason You're Still Broke As Young Person / Cooking Gas Price Drops By 30% / Which Of These Business Should He Invest In With 600k Budget?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.