Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere (1851 Views)

As Long As I’m Alive, I’ll Keep Pursuing Presidency – Atiku / Justice Odili: Malami Accuses Olumide Akpata Of Pursuing Personal Agenda / Sanwo-olu Congratulates Buhari, Urges Nigerians To Live In Harmony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by hisexcellency34: 3:19pm On Feb 05, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Pan- Yoruba sociopolitical organisation, Afenifere on Wednesday said the Muslim Rights Council (MURIC) is pursuing an agenda that is not in harmony with South- West values.

Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Yinka Odumakin, the organization’s National Publicity Secretary said the South-west believes that culture is stronger than religion, a position MURIC has failed to uphold.

"MURIC is pursuing an agenda that is not in sync with South West values of our culture being stronger than religion. Yoruba are Yoruba and not Muslims and Christians or animists”.

“And we thank the Asiwaju Musulumu Alaafia of Yorubaland, Governor Gboyega Oyetola and millions of reasonable millions of Muslim who have shown their Yoruba essence in fundamental issues that affect us as a people,” Afenifere said”

It will be recalled that MURIC had opposed Amotekun, the new regional security outfit recently set up to fight crimes in the South-West because it is anti-Islam.

Prof. Ishaq Akintola, its Director had accused governors of the south-west of recruiting only Christians into Amotekun and also asked for the name to be changed because it has its origin from the Bible, the Holy book of Christians.
Akintola who also said only one out of the six southwest governors is a Muslim, alleged that the five Christian governors are ganging up to turn Amotekun to a “crusader militia”.

“Let us make our stand on Amotekun clear from the beginning. MURIC is not allergic to any state or region taking steps aimed at rubber-cushioning the effect of the security challenges currently facing Nigeria. But the approach must be transparent, assuring and all-embracing,”.

“We have no objection to Amotekun. But ‘good intention’ appears lacking in the preparations for it as a security unit that will complement the work of the conventional security agencies. It appears shrouded in secrecy while attempts are being made to marginalise Muslims in the recruitment exercise”.
https://www.independent.ng/muric-pursuing-agenda-not-in-harmony-with-southwest-values-afenifere/

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by Ofemmanu1: 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2020
Mumuric na mumu

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by Amotolongbo(f): 3:28pm On Feb 05, 2020
Egbirin ote, ba se n pa ikan, ni imi n ru (collection of different rebellious minds, as one is being quenched, the other is sprouting)

We had better get our axes together in the south west and free our minds from these alien religions.

Culture is the Total way of life of the people, religion inclusive. If the intruders come into grab our land, no religious practice will be spared.

I implore that we let sanity overrule our mentality

7 Likes

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by hisexcellency34: 3:29pm On Feb 05, 2020
Not surprised. FFK said the ponmo-thick lips Prof is on Sultan's payroll
Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by TheDevilIsALai: 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2020
I sincerely blame FFK for giving that troglodyte Akintola a mention. Now Afenifere is mentioning the goat

3 Likes

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by ThiagoKid(m): 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
MURIC & Afenifere aint different

1 Like

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by hisexcellency34: 4:09pm On Feb 05, 2020
who told u that??
ThiagoKid:
MURIC & Afenifere aint different

1 Like

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by Charleys: 4:18pm On Feb 05, 2020
Yorubas are 80% Muslims and those 80% are the silent majority. They need a voice to speak for them.

Fun facts: every Yoruba person is related to a Muslim.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by Optional09: 4:18pm On Feb 05, 2020
Banish that idiot from Yoruba land immediately before he become a menace

6 Likes

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by hisexcellency34: 4:19pm On Feb 05, 2020
And who is speaking for them? Afemifere or MURIC
Charleys:
Yorubas are 80% Muslims and those 80% are the silent majority. They need a voice to speak for them.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by T9ksy(m): 4:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
Charleys:

And every yoruba muslim is related to both (yoruba) animists and Christians. My immediate brother who is a pastor had his first child with a muslim lady.

At any rate, why are you flatinoes all over yoruba threads spreading false information? Why can't you all just tend to your own problems? Abi all is honky dory in your
land of the never rising sun, ni?

3 Likes

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by ZombieHUNT: 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2020
Muric is really dividing the South west along religious lines...

I never knew the term Yoruba Muslim until Muric came on board.

The certainly have an evil agenda.

4 Likes

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by ZombieHUNT: 4:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
Charleys:

Lies from Muric as usual

1 Like

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by Charleys: 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
T9ksy:

And every yoruba muslim is related to both (yoruba) animists and Christians. My immediate brother who is a pastor had his first child with a muslim lady.

At any rate, why are you flatinoes all over yoruba threads spreading false information? Why can't you all just tend to your own problems? Abi all is honky dory in your

Mixing religion like the Agbo you drink. See this is why I don't believe Yoruba pastors.

He's preaching salvation but can't preach salvation to his wife.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by Charleys: 4:48pm On Feb 05, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Lies from Muric as usual

Then you have never been to Yoruba land. The only people who aren't related to Muslims are from Ekiti state.
Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by saaron(m): 4:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
MURIC is basically the mouth piece of Sokoto Fulani Caliphate. With the trojan horse (Akintola) set in place to cause and create division in Yoruba land.
The savage sons of futajalon have marked South West their next area of conquest for their fulani caliphate. The earlier South West people realize this the better for them.
ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD!

3 Likes

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by LegendHero(m): 4:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
T9ksy:

You even get time for those hate filled souls.

As an educated guess, almost 80% of every Yoruba extended family would have at least one mixture of Christians and Muslims in them.

For me, my dad is Muslim and mum is Christian. My dad junior brother is Christian while his junior sister is Muslim.

MURIC is confused and I laughed my ass off one time like that when he said he gave the Muslims the go ahead to join Amotekun. I was like who made him the spokesperson of Muslims in the first place. How many people know MURIC in the mosques across Yorubaland?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by hisexcellency34: 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2020
Yooruba Christians are more than Muslims. They only have plenty mulsims in Lagos
ZombieHUNT:

Lies from Muric as usual

1 Like

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 05, 2020
Afenifire sabi lie
Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 05, 2020
That fool can only do that in Yoruba land.

Imagine an Igbo man constituting nuisance in Igboland and making himself a clog in our will of progress because of political or religious difference...

I swear to God, he will be ostracized, if not disappeared.

Ask Okorocha.

4 Likes

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by hisexcellency34: 5:29pm On Feb 05, 2020
Absolutely true. He would have been taken down in saner climes
Awol1:

Imagine an Igbo man constituting nuisance in Igboland and making himself a clog in our will of progress because of political or religious difference...

Ask Okorocha.
Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by LegendHero(m): 5:37pm On Feb 05, 2020
Awol1:

Ask Okorocha.

But Okorocha is a senator. What’s the brain behind voting in someone you thought is sabotaging your tribe’s effort?

Could it be that Okorocha is also a fool in alaigbo?
Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by maynation(f): 5:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
Once we are a step forward as a tribe, MURIC and its deranged supporters would pull us back two steps backward.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by Adnanilham(f): 5:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Muric is being sponsored to cause disunity among yoruba, let be wise

1 Like

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by kellight(m): 6:40pm On Feb 05, 2020
I'll comment when I finish drinking my coronavirus beer
Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by lx3as(m): 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
The earlier the 'single man association' is arrested in any way, the better.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by olaboy33(m): 7:29pm On Feb 05, 2020
lx3as:
The earlier the 'single man association' is arrested in any way, the better.

No known office, No known member. How this man came into limelight still baffles me.

Any publicity is truly good publicity.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by hisexcellency34: 7:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
He uses social media a lot

olaboy33:

No known office, No known member. How this man came into limelight still baffles me.

Any publicity is truly good publicity.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by seunmsg(m): 8:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
TheDevilIsALai:
I sincerely blame FFK for giving that troglodyte Akintola a mention. Now Afenifere is mentioning the goat

There is no difference between Akintola of MURIC and FFK of CAN. They are just two mad men. Both of them requires urgent psychiatric help before they throw the region into an unnecessary religion war.
Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by Sammy07: 8:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
Charleys:

You're a Lokili. angry
Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
MURIC is a long straw in South-west from the North to cause division, and rule in the region. It's a means of deception, manipulation and art of control. It's a religious fashion and conformity, NOT ETHNIC CULTURE.

The british colonial criminals taught the caliphate masters the arts of control.

War threats, violence and blood shed, caliphate expansion in the guise of business or trade or religious and tribal peace or military recruitments or settlement or crafty government policies, divide and rule, debt, inflation,.......... etc are all deadly arts of control. The Northern-Fulani have mastered these arts from the "oyinbo teachers." Reason, Fela called the British "nonsense teacher." Dem teach our govt (i.e the power holders of the awoof repuplic called Nigeria) bad bad things. WHO BE OUR GOVT TEACHER? NA OYINBO.~ FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI

MURIC, your root and tree and branches will all be axed out! Yoruba muslims, wake up from the Fulani bed-trap!!

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Pursuing Agenda That Is Not In Harmony With Southwest Values – Afenifere by APCNig: 8:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
MURIC is mad. Simple.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Blasted Igbos On His Verified Twitter Account / Oduduwa And Biafra Agitators Protest In Ibadan / Onitsha!!! An In-depth Showcase By Eboh Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.