Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,753 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! (55288 Views)

Help! My Head Is Embarrassingly Big. Makes Me Sad / Dark Patches On My Skin. Dermatologists, Please Help. / My Head Is Getting Bald And It Is Making Me Feel Depressed,pls Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Thirteenblood: 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2020
Wow
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by ojaysam25(m): 4:26pm On Feb 09, 2020
it must be as a result of the pork meat you stole at night....maybe you mistakenly rub your head with the oil...
next time you do that ensure your house is rat free�☺
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by guiddoti: 4:30pm On Feb 09, 2020
chipsypop:
Good day all. Sometime last year I just woke up one morning and noticed a bald patch in the middle of my head overnight. When I googled it I found out that it is called ALOPECIA AREATA and that it has no cure. I learnt that it is caused by the body's defence system fighting the hell cells for no reason.

Pls I would like to know if any Nairalander has experienced this before and how he or she handled it.

Mods Pls move to front page, abeg help a brother
Bro. You have infection.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by rotile247(m): 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2020
Karemarealty288:
The name sounds like Italian food..

...and this is savage..lol
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by 2shure: 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
1st day in 2014 wen i begin barb abolo. I no fit waka with my head. Na so so face cap. Welcome to bald men land. Ppl wey geh bald head. Must get money
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by PerseDew(f): 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
Change your diet to something that has more greens. You could easily blend 2 cups of greens and 1 banana to sweeten it. Blend 1 medium sized onion and 2 garlic cloves with half glass of water or less. Sieve it and add the onion and garlic to your stew. Pour some of the drained liquid on your scalp and do a scalp massage for 3 to 5 mins, wait for 30 mins and wash off with a shampoo e.g VO5 or Hair Fruits. The shampoo will reduce the smell of onions drastically or completely. Make a fresh batch each week. Do this for at least 6 -12 months to see results.

The sulphur in onion and garlic have been known to help prevent hair loss, aid hair regrowth in bald spots and improve overall hair and scalp health.

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by ORAFA(m): 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2020
chipsypop:
Good day all. Sometime last year I just woke up one morning and noticed a bald patch in the middle of my head overnight. When I googled it I found out that it is called ALOPECIA AREATA and that it has no cure. I learnt that it is caused by the body's defence system fighting the hell cells for no reason.

Pls I would like to know if any Nairalander has experienced this before and how he or she handled it.

I had this thing in 2016 and it miraculously grew back. and this year it came again and healed itself.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Osidazz19: 4:47pm On Feb 09, 2020
taylor89:
Have you been a night mare to the rat kingdom?

Have u been killing rats with otapipia and all sort of rat poison?

They've come for revenge

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Holyfield1(m): 4:49pm On Feb 09, 2020
chipsypop:

Why don't you order for minoxidil on Jumia or Konga

It is a very effective vasodilator

It should work for you.

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Davida33: 4:49pm On Feb 09, 2020
It will grow back, is not permanent. It is cause by the immune system responding to itself.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by dozzybreezy(m): 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2020
Have you checked your HIV status? I know of a guy who is positive� His hairs suddenly start falling off overnight
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by don4real18(m): 4:53pm On Feb 09, 2020
Did you just come from Wuhan, China?

dozzybreezy:
Have you checked your HIV status? I know of a guy who is positive� His hairs suddenly start falling off overnight

Don't give the young man hypertension cheesy

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Toosure70: 4:53pm On Feb 09, 2020
ajirebi PA James loading...
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by fortran12: 4:54pm On Feb 09, 2020
chipsypop:

Simple. Get topical Steroids cream or any cream that has an active ingredient like clobetasol propiponate. It will take like 3 months to heal and your hair grow back. Rogain can also work.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by TheGiftedOne(m): 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2020
chipsypop:

On your head

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by larryking540: 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2020
There are better things in life to worry about bro ,peotday knack duplex and self contain every 2 years ,u day think of bald hair ,,,if shame they catch u go use tattoo mask am ,it's easier that way ,,,just to apply dark tattoo dots most foreigners do it
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Kingfrankline(m): 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2020
chipsypop:

It isn't an infection, it's just a situation whereby your immune system fights with the hair follicles.
It's curable, visit a skin dermatologist, most preferable in a private hospital than a general hospital.
You'll be injected continuously into the bald patches, either once in three weeks or two weeks for a period of 2-3 months depending on the degree of the severity of yours.
You'll have to cut off the hair for fresh air once you begin the treatment and there are also invisible patches under which will be visible when you cut off the hair.

Don't try using hair growth supplements or herbs to just treat it, it'll cover up but its for a while.
Probably for a year or two, then it'll reoccur and this time around, it'll be so severe, leading to growth of boils around the genitals, armpit and in most cases, the face. Also, unending pus and foul odour emitting from the head.

You can also use damatol during the treatment, it helps in making the damaged scalp strong and allows for the regrowth of hairs.

P.s It's quite expensive but it's for the best. Health is wealth.
Good luck Bro.

2 Likes

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by eedimo(m): 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2020
Patchy Alopecia suspected
Wait... Ur hair might naturally grow again within a year, Incase you have any doubts you can visit the nearest hospital to see a dermatologist.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by YourWriter: 5:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
danduchi:
I had same experience in 2010.. Just woke up and felt side of my head bald. I took different medication and spent a lot but hair won't grow back. Friends in school teased me and called the bald side memory card space. One faithful day, I was on my way to meet my doctor to explain there was no improvement on that bald part when suddenly a buzu woman ( they're Fulani, very tall with long hair.. Most times they sell tea and local herbs esp. buran tashi) the woman said she has cure for me bald part and if I also want hair in any part of my body, she has herbs for it. God knows I almost ignored that woman. She demanded for just #200 but I gave her #100 cos I felt it won't work.. Lo and behold, 2 days after I used her herbs, my hair came back. Hair I lost for more than 2years came back after 2days of using that herb. I wish I can meet that woman to appreciate her again.

Bro abeg what is the name of the herb?
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by danduchi(m): 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2020
YourWriter:

Bro abeg what is the name of the herb?
it has no name... If you stay in the north, you be familiar with them. I was in minna for my first degree when I met that woman... I'm back here for my MTech..
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by MrFly(m): 5:21pm On Feb 09, 2020
visit ur village and cook for d hunterz then ur hair will return.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by janettee(f): 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2020
I think you should meet a doctor. If the hair follicles there aren't dead, there might still be hope.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2020
Obagoblog:
hmmmm... my brother go to the hospital to check yourself.

Abeg Nairalanders, how much does it cost to do a general check up at any general hospital?

It is free just as bail is free
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2020
danduchi:
I had same experience in 2010.. Just woke up and felt side of my head bald. I took different medication and spent a lot but hair won't grow back. Friends in school teased me and called the bald side memory card space. One faithful day, I was on my way to meet my doctor to explain there was no improvement on that bald part when suddenly a buzu woman ( they're Fulani, very tall with long hair.. Most times they sell tea and local herbs esp. buran tashi) the woman said she has cure for me bald part and if I also want hair in any part of my body, she has herbs for it. God knows I almost ignored that woman. She demanded for just #200 but I gave her #100 cos I felt it won't work.. Lo and behold, 2 days after I used her herbs, my hair came back. Hair I lost for more than 2years came back after 2days of using that herb. I wish I can meet that woman to appreciate her again.

I signed in to suggest the same thing. Find those Niger women. I had a similar issue for decades and I bought chebe powder from them. It worked where nothing else did.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by StormInc: 5:31pm On Feb 09, 2020
VivaDeAngelo:
The way you guys make jest and trivialize people's suffering is pathetic. OP I pray you find the solution you seek.

He is asking for solution not prayer
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by danduchi(m): 5:31pm On Feb 09, 2020
bunto:

I signed in to suggest the same thing. Find those Niger women. I had a similar issue for decades and I bought chebe powder from them. It worked where nothing else did.

Good luck!
Zooposki... If u can come to Niger state, minna or get those buzu women anywhere... Your hair will be back in a week
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by matrixme(m): 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2020
chipsypop:

Experienced this sometimes back. Go and buy hair cream and Indian hemp. Melt the cream and mix with the dry hemp, then stir well till it blends. Once cool, apply sparingly you see results
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by frozen70(f): 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2020
chipsypop:

Just be on low cut until it get solved
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Focusmind: 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2020
Fgbread:
Beards growin', but no so fast; you got any idea to make em grow fast?

You are right. I use pure coconut oil. No addition. Just coconut oil. It makes them looks long and soft.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by chrisantus25(f): 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2020
I have a friend that suffered this but right now she no longer has this, she used an hair growth oil like that sha

If u don't mind I can help u ask her
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
[quote author=YourWriter post=86511328]

Bro abeg what is the name of the herb?[/quote

It might be chebe powder and another black powder (I don't know what that is called. Those Fulani/ Niger women with very long hair sell these things. Google it.

People are also selling online but I bought from those women.

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
danduchi:
Zooposki... If u can come to Niger state, minna or get those buzu women anywhere... Your hair will be back in a week

Sorry it's Chadian women.

Watch the video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwydbb37BII

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Survives Colon Cancer, Weds Lady Who Stood By Him / Boss Mustapha: I Never Knew Nigeria’s Healthcare Infrastructure Was In Bad State / Experts Ask Why Africa Seems To Have Few Coronavirus cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.