Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter (9321 Views)

My Neighbors Wife Is About To Push Me To The Wall. / Guys Reason This Matter With Me / How I Bleeped My Neighbors Wife Yesterday.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 06, 2020
owiko:
Op do they usually come in to meet you watching your prefered channel, or is the TV usually turned on upon their arrival to charge their phone? The girl might have sensed your lack of interest in watching the tv on each occasion she came since you're always busy working with your pc. If she doesn't usually pop in at the exact time the other guy does, you can politely confront her with the question; why do you always seek permission from that guy before switching channels, or does my being focused with work on the pc make me seem uninterested in any of the channels? She'll just code x
Thanks bro. Really appreciate
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by pennywys(m): 8:08am On Feb 06, 2020
MasterRahl:

Baba, I came to Nairaland to seek for advice. Are you saying I am stupid to come and seek your opinion on a matter? No one knows everything, so if something don pass ur level, na to come ask elders, and na wetin I do be that. Now u come dey say I'm stupid, and foolish. haba!

As for the fucking thing, bro, life is not all about fucking. We get work to do, we get destiny to achieve, we get school to go, we get house to build. So life is not all about fucking, I am not interested in fucking the damn girl. Besides, she's a Jehovah witness and very religious.
sorry bro
But have well

1 Like

Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Clinghton: 8:32am On Feb 06, 2020
You are busy with your system and the older guy is watching the television.

How do you want her to take permission from you when you are not the one watching it.

Seems like you are too egocentric

1 Like

Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Endy10(m): 8:55am On Feb 06, 2020
MasterRahl:
Hello fellow Nairalanders. How una dey do?
Okay, I have something to share and I sincerely need your opinion. Considering that this is Nairaland, I know say some people go wan bash me but no shaking. That's what makes Nairaland fun and interesting.

I live in an apartment somewhere in town. It is a massive building with roughly 28 apartments (mini flats).

Now, I'm a Kindle Publisher so I spend a lot of time on my system. And because of the nature of my work, I ensure that there is light in my apartment every time.

My neighbors (a guy and several females) like coming to my house to charge their phones. There's this particular girl (a corper who comes most nights to charge). There's also this particular guy (far older than me) who also comes to charge.

Anytime the guy comes, he'll charge and then settle down to watch DStv. This corper girl also comes to watch TV/charge her phone.

Here's the issue: anytime the lady comes in, she takes permission from the guy to switch channels. It makes me wonder

1. I an the owner of the apartment
2. I own the DStv and I use my money to subscribe it.

Why then does she make it a habit to obtain permission from another person before using it? I'm always on my system writing, but at least courtesy demands that she or any other person takes permission from me before using my property instead of obtaining permission from a fellow neighbor.

I haven't said anything to both of them. It has happened for several weeks and I've just been watching. I decided to table the issue here for suggestions.

One of the reasons why I refused to comment is because I don't want to be seen as an egotistic or proud person. They might say "he's doing guy for ordinary DStv" bla bla bla or he is immature and I don't wanna address the issue in the wrong way.

That's why I need your opinion guys. Should I just overlook it and continue with my life or do I address the issue? If yes, in what way?

Thanks

Usually I don't like commenting on issues like this, but I'll break the streak this time.

I see no reason for you getting angry over this. First after charging you let Dem stay over to watch. You never asked them to leave so they feel it's alright.
Secondly, the girl has done nothing wrong (apart from staying in a guy's apartment so late in the night). You said you are most times using you system which insinuates that it her and the other watches TV the most. Your post also insinuates that the girl probably comes after the guy and meets him watching the TV. He is the one watching not you. So she did the right thing by asking him. If you were watching and she asks permission from the other guy, then you can feel unease.

The girl exhibited the perfect behaviour to me.

Why you are angry when she is exhibiting the perfect behaviour is wat we should be discussing. It shows some underlining behavioural issues.

3 Likes

Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by nem95: 8:55am On Feb 06, 2020
Etsyl:

So she should take permission from a guest instead of the owner of the TV set?
like he said he's always on his system and male neighbor might be the one watching so I think she's right to ask permission from someone watching before changing the channel

2 Likes

Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by cyborgxyz: 9:15am On Feb 06, 2020
I thought you guy said you were on your laptop doing stuff which literally mean meant you ain't watching just the two of them on the TV even if he wasn't older its good manners to ask the other party his own opinion after all we all humans right unless if you also happens to watch with them and the situation occurred that's when you'll have cause for alarm except if you have some form of attraction to the copper that's when I'll understand what you're saying

2 Likes

Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by FemolasticA: 11:03am On Feb 06, 2020
Davash222:

He has a laptop, laptop charger, Television, Foam, Pots, spoons, ceramic plates, cups, slippers, shirts, jeans, SIM cards, phones, singlets, boxers and others.

How about you, what do you have
Bro you serve am well o, thank jare, it funny thou
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by vivalavida(m): 11:24am On Feb 06, 2020
OP you are making an issue where there is none.
you stated that they come to charge their gadgets and watch TV.
While they are doing that, you are mostly focused on your lappy doing your job. So for that time,i believe the Tv is theirs to watch since you are cool with them remaining in your apartment while charging.
You a;so stated the guy is quite older than you. so if the corper girl wants to change a station while they are watching the telly, courtesy demands she tells the guy who is watching the TV with her and not you.

Or is it because its your apartment a im person no go fit dey free for ur house again?
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Roon9(m): 11:38am On Feb 06, 2020
Charlescobi:

Op apart from that Dstv which other property do you have?

I'll never post personal stuff here.... Never!
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by abercrombie(m): 12:00pm On Feb 06, 2020
Davash222:

He has a laptop, laptop charger, Television, Foam, Pots, spoons, ceramic plates, cups, slippers, shirts, jeans, SIM cards, phones, singlets, boxers and others.

How about you, what do you have
must you answer him
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
Its just simple next time, off the tv through the remote, and keep the remote on your computer desk while you work on your system then observe who she will take permission from before collecting the remote
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by DecadentChief: 2:26pm On Feb 06, 2020
Op I feel you are a good guy, but you are focusing on the WRONG Problem.

Your problem is not about DSTV or who is changing what channel.

Your major issue to focus on is how do you get these 2 people to stop coming to spend time in your place and in the process
intruding in your privacy.

Yes I know Nigeria is hard, lots of unemployed people, but that's no excuse for you to let people spend time in your apartment
,when you would rather be alone doing your work that requires peace and quiet anyway.

So i think thats the major thing to work on. Do you have a girlfriend? Sisters or brothers? Next time your neighbours come,
after collecting their phones at the door, tell them you are expecting your babe and they should come get the phones in 2 hours time.

Hopefully they get the message.

2 Likes

Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
DecadentChief:

Op I feel you are a good guy, but you are focusing on the WRONG Problem.

Your problem is not about DSTV or who is changing what channel.

Your major issue to focus on is how do you get these 2 people to stop coming to spend time in your place and in the process
intruding in your privacy.

Yes I know Nigeria is hard, lots of unemployed people, but that's no excuse for you to let people spend time in your apartment
,when you would rather be alone doing your work that requires peace and quiet anyway.

So i think thats the major thing to work on. Do you have a girlfriend? Sisters or brothers? Next time your neighbours come,
after collecting their phones at the door, tell them you are expecting your babe and they should come get the phones in 2 hours time.

Hopefully they get the message.

I really appreciate your input. I wish you had commented on the first page. Quite a number have said I'm exhibiting pride just because of ordinary TV.
Again, thanks for your input. I'll take this into consideration.
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2020
You're planning on robbing him?
Charlescobi:

Op apart from that Dstv which other property do you have?

2 Likes

Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 06, 2020
MasterRahl:
Hahahaha. I'm focused on the nonfiction niche. I'm a terrible fiction writer.
Great then you have a lot to teach me.
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by sorepco(m): 4:08pm On Feb 06, 2020
Let me ask u. Is the guy always there b4 her. Courtesy demands u ask di person watching with u if u want 2 change a Chanel!

Let's say u r in the toilet...must she come 2 u n ignore the elderly man. C if u pay 4 my food in a resto n that of an elder, I thank di elder b4 u. I mite not thank you sef if we b strong paddymen...

MasterRahl:
Okay, I have something to share and I sincerely need your opinion. Considering that this is Nairaland, I know say some people go wan bash me but no shaking. That's what makes Nairaland fun and interesting.

I live in an apartment somewhere in town. It is a massive building with roughly 28 apartments (mini flats).

Now, I'm a Kindle Publisher so I spend a lot of time on my system. And because of the nature of my work, I ensure that there is light in my apartment every time.

My neighbors (a guy and several females) like coming to my house to charge their phones. There's this particular girl (a corper who comes most nights to charge). There's also this particular guy (far older than me) who also comes to charge.

Anytime the guy comes, he'll charge and then settle down to watch DStv. This corper girl also comes to watch TV/charge her phone.

Here's the issue: anytime the lady comes in, she takes permission from the guy to switch channels. It makes me wonder

Why then does she make it a habit to obtain permission from another person before using it? I'm always on my system writing, but at least courtesy demands that she or any other person takes permission from me before using my property instead of obtaining permission from a fellow neighbor.

I haven't said anything to both of them. It has happened for several weeks and I've just been watching. I decided to table the issue here for suggestions.

One of the reasons why I refused to comment is because I don't want to be seen as an egotistic or proud person. They might say "he's doing guy for ordinary DStv" bla bla bla or he is immature and I don't wanna address the issue in the wrong way.

That's why I need your opinion guys. Should I just overlook it and continue with my life or do I address the issue? If yes, in what way?

Thanks
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Stillthebest: 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2020
kiss

Stop having a constant power! That's the only solution. Or can u say hey girl take permission from me before you change channel? How sweet is that to your own ear?

You should not have started it(allowed them)
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Malawian(m): 5:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
Etsyl:

So she should take permission from a guest instead of the owner of the TV set?
The owner of the TV is not watching it as he said he is always on his computer. Also the male guest probably came in first and was watching the TV before the female one came in, so she had to take permission from the person watching the tv to change it. My thoughts though.

1 Like

Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by okikiosibodu(m): 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2020
MasterRahl:

Thanks

I think if you are not watching the TV, it's customary she takes permission from who is watching it. That is courtesy actually.
For her to see the other neighbour watching a station of his choice, its a pointer that you are not too interested in the TV at that time..
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Epitectus(m): 11:05pm On Sep 06, 2020
Watching the tv is not an issue but the female corper asking permission from another person(who is not the owner of the house)before switching channels is quite weird...
Enforce the "plug ur phone and go rule" before it's too late
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Nobody: 12:51am On Sep 07, 2020
Even if u own the TV bla bla bla, were u watching it at the time?

If you are not a simp stop acting like one undecided

If you like the corper, smashing her will not be difficult because she already feels comfortable in your apartment. Stop dulling yourself, man up and go after what u want.

MasterRahl:

Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Clonus: 2:17am On Sep 07, 2020
If it bothers you, which I think it does, you could simply say ‘I’m watching that channel’ the next time it happens. That would be a soft reminder that you are there and watching. She probably thinks you are busy and not watching.
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 07, 2020
PUNAengineOIL:
Even if u own the TV bla bla bla, were u watching it at the time?

If you are not a simp stop acting like one undecided

If you like the corper, smashing her will not be difficult because she already feels comfortable in your apartment. Stop dulling yourself, man up and go after what u want.

1. I am not a simp and I'll never be. Simpism is a crime to manhood. But that doesn't mean one should smash whatever goes around in skirts.

2. This thread was created since February 6. Today is September 7. It's been 7 long and very adventurous months. A lot has been achieved since then. The comment isn't really necessary. I think Seun should give us the option of closing threads after at least a month.
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by chinchonglee(m): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2020
MasterRahl:

Thanks
Personally i dnt entertain neighbors in my house. If u wanna charge no problem jst plug and go.

To ur own matter, i feel.she doesn't seek ir permission simply because she feels u re nt interested in watching TV since u re glued to ur laptop. Dnt take it personal.

Next time act as if u re interested in the TV and she must definitely seek ur permission.
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2020
Next time put am for Emmanuel Tv hide remote for kitchen then bone face when dem enter.
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by femilicous: 12:08pm On Sep 08, 2020
MasterRahl:

Thanks

For me, I will put the channel on news channel so that whenever he comes and want to change it I will let him know that am listening to the news.
This will create a little bit of space and gradually reducing the familiarity.
Re: My Two Neighbors: Your Opinion On This Matter by femilicous: 12:10pm On Sep 08, 2020
femilicous:

For me, I will put the channel on news channel so that whenever he comes and want to change it I will let him know that am listening to the news.
This will create a little bit of space and gradually reducing the familiarity.

If it's permission you you from the girl, then you'll have it when she comes but if the older guy's there the news channel still stands.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Sex Position Is This? / See How The Nyash Of Most Nigerian Boys Look Like (graphic Photo) / How Do I Control Moaning Loud During Sex? My New Guy Dosn't Like It, I Need Hlp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.