Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial (71446 Views)

Trump Acquitted By Senate In Second Impeachment Trial / Donald Trump's Entire Legal Team Quits A Week Before Impeachment Trial / Breaking: Donald Finally Acquited: See Pathern Of Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by madjune(m): 6:08am On Feb 06, 2020
Pelosi should have known better.

The Republicans control the senate and Trump has them in his pocket.
Now, she's succeeded in making the man more popular.
With this new victory, he will easily defeat the Democratic nominee in the coming election.
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by Perfecttouchade: 6:12am On Feb 06, 2020
Trump is too smart and active to be impeached and with the numbers of Republicans in the Senate means it's a win for Donald..https://www.nairaland.com/5629755/nairalander-order-casement-windows..get-professional/2 refer and earn with us,we fabricate Aluminium windows.
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by Tospringe: 6:12am On Feb 06, 2020
garetz:

Romney is always on the wrong side of the truth. He’s a zero-integrity fraud who desperately wants to be accepted by Beltway elites at ANY cost. He’s a Judas who will sell out to the highest bidder as long as the op-ed columns write nice things about him.
Romney has zero integrity ? This quote alone as ruined your argument. Dude voted based on his own instincts and conviction. How is he a sell out ? Some Democratic senators voted in support of Clinton Senators years back. How about that ? Go and sit down joor

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by luluosas(m): 6:13am On Feb 06, 2020
Good job. Congratulations President Trump
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by chozzy: 6:23am On Feb 06, 2020
Shame on Pelosi and the Dems

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by Austineva(m): 6:28am On Feb 06, 2020
MosakuAW:
Old news! This we know will happen.

He can only be impeached in the lower house control by Democrat. Republican control Senate.

It's like Nigeria Senate trying to impeach Buba. It is impossible.
very impossible my brother
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by Austineva(m): 6:31am On Feb 06, 2020
D crazy pelosi. She can now go and die with her bitterness

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by 27Pushing30: 6:42am On Feb 06, 2020
YanshmasterGee:
Mitt Romney too and lest I forget the whole fcking CNN crew.
Mitt Romney is done as a politician... I repeat DONE

he also tried to undercut trump during the last nomination Trump easily brushed his stooges aside

Failed man

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by athorello(m): 6:42am On Feb 06, 2020
Temple1288:

He wasn't given a chance to defend himself in the House of Representatives.

In fact, the House Democrats said they concluded everything before they sent those articles to the Senate.. Learn to subdue your
emotions, open up to facts and be neutral.

Rep. Schiff lied under oath and read a different thing while holding the transcripts.

Someone was being charged with a crime and yet wasn't given the opportunity to defend himself.

Oh my God... It's not worth engaging with you but if you at least followed the trial, it's Republicans who were always shifting their baseless arguments. I must applaud the steadfastness of the Dems though they realised their victory ended in the house.

A political trial acquittal is never equal to exoneration (not guilty).
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by hotwax: 6:43am On Feb 06, 2020
lucarella:
These Nigerians supporting Trump are the most ignorant and senseless people on the planet. Little wonder why Nigeria is still the way it is.

Do you even have any clue who or what Trump is? Do you know that because of Trump, America isn't given much recognition both military wise and economic wise. People are making fun of the man and you dingbats are here applauding his indeed shameful acquittal.
He has destroyed the values and efforts that made America great. Manufacturers and farmers in the US are struggling, wage hasn't increased. Tax cuts only benefitted the rich (who can't even believe their luck). Racial hatred Gun violence is on the sharp rise and these ones are here hailing the major orchestrator. Read a book ,watch the news and stop being stupid. Hailing him won't get you a greencard. Stupid!

Well, alot of takeaways from this exercise:
A study revealed that majority of voters across the world never vote for those in their best interest for numerous reasons. That study is 100 percent right.

Politicians are the same everywhere. Be it in Nigeria or abroad. People will choose loyalty and benefit over systems. No one is interested about the future.

The world will always be polarized by racism, religion, upbringing and selfish interests.

SMH! Dark day for democracy.

People all over the world are not like u who just rant in anger like rabid dog.

Trump voters voted for him due to his promises... And the guy is fulfilling them all.

U think Americans r like u who don't have interest or agenda other than sentiments.

His conservative agenda is selling to American conservative voters...

Get that into ur dead brain

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by hotwax: 6:46am On Feb 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
Sen. Mitt Romney, the only Republican Senator to vote against trump has my respect for life.

Romney votes to convict Trump on charge of abuse of power, becoming the lone Republican to break ranks

Sen. Mitt Romney sealed a place in history Wednesday by voting to convict President Trump of abuse of power, becoming a lone voice of dissent in a Republican Party that otherwise has marched in lockstep with the president throughout the impeachment proceedings.

Romney voted against the second article of impeachment, which accused the president of obstruction of Congress. But on the first article, the 2012 Republican presidential nominee said that he found the evidence against Trump overwhelming and the arguments by the president’s defense ultimately unconvincing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rnsJo0_yI&t=1s

Oga Romney son was involved in Ukraine scandal just like Biden.

He is covering his track..it's going to backfire tho..especially when investigation into the gas company starts...
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by 27Pushing30: 6:46am On Feb 06, 2020
Tospringe:

Romney has zero integrity ? This quote alone as ruined your argument. Dude voted based on his own instincts and conviction. How is he a sell out ? Some Democratic senators voted in support of Clinton Senators years back. How about that ? Go and sit down joor
He’s a sell out who loathes trump Cos he knew he was gonna get the nomination and even win the race against Clinton!

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by Osidazz19: 6:51am On Feb 06, 2020
[s]
PDJT:
-Good. My namesake is innocent. The Do-Nothing Democrats (the Party of KKK and Slavery) are deranged and truly bitter beings.

-Just seconds after acquittal, DOW shuts up by 483 bloody points. Amazing. And this means more Jobs.

-God bless PDJT.
[/s]

TRASH
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by hotwax: 6:52am On Feb 06, 2020
goslowgoslow:

See the stupid comments you all are making! Do you think America is Africa? Are u a voter in America that will not allowing him to come back? U don even entre plane before?

Mitromney voters are Republicans not Democrats...

Trump is a religion among Republicans right now. He can even tell them to go to war...

Use ur head...the guy is dead politically..

He no Sabi politics

He is a career politician who could not beat obama, and a TV entertainer came to beat both Obama and Clinton...

U can see how poor Romney is...he rode on Trump's endorsement to win the Senate , yet still stabbed trump in d back..

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by Farki: 6:52am On Feb 06, 2020
ogbonti:

shorrop there do not say what you do not know - I live in California and I can tell you authoritatively that I know of at least 10 families that fled my state to Texas and Florida in the last 2 years. High taxes and illegals are making the golden state look like ghetto. There are thrice more jobs in State of Texas for example than State of New York - In Texas if you earn $3,000 a month, your standard of living is 10 times better than someone earning $8,000 in New York, High Taxes, crime everywhere in liberal states - spitss - I am seriously considering leaving California by the end of 2022

Congratulations, your anecdotal evidence doesn't discredit the statistics I gave. You're also forgetting that California and New York have a higher population density than Texas so of course living there will be cheaper, that's like complaining that land in Ogun is cheaper than land in Lagos. Plus if you think crime is only in Liberal States think again. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_homicide_rate

https://www.statista.com/statistics/232564/robbery-rate-in-the-us-by-state/

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by hotwax: 6:55am On Feb 06, 2020
athorello:

Oh my God... It's not worth engaging with you but if you at least followed the trial, it's Republicans who were always shifting their baseless arguments. I must applaud the steadfastness of the Dems though they realised their victory ended in the house.

A political trial acquittal is never equal to exoneration (not guilty).

A political impeachment where Dem had 17 witness and no Republican witness because Dems are d majority.

I think people supporting liberals have mental issues...fairness is not in their book.

It's been a trend lately
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by athorello(m): 7:00am On Feb 06, 2020
hotwax:

A political impeachment where Dem had 17 witness and no Republican witness because Dems are d majority.

I think people supporting liberals have mental issues...fairness is not in their book.

It's been a trend lately

You meant the house had 17 witnesses and the president blocked witnesses and evidences from his side. shocked
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by hotwax: 7:02am On Feb 06, 2020
Ladies and gentlemen, Republican has officially open an investigation into Ukraine scandal.

Trump is about to go offensive

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by hotwax: 7:03am On Feb 06, 2020
athorello:

You meant the house had 17 witnesses and the president blocked witnesses and evidences from his side. shocked

The house had 17 witnesses of their choice...but them want to pick withneses for trump.

Withneses like disgruntled staff e.g John Bolton who was sacked by trump.

Trump was not allowed to present his people...

U got it?

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by SocialJustice: 7:09am On Feb 06, 2020
ogbonti:

they are useless because they did not consent to the hatred of Trump by the liberal democrats grin
Did you even watch the proceedings? They refused to deal with the accusations and just kept saying it was all hatred. Pathetic.
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by Merimental(m): 7:11am On Feb 06, 2020
Originalsly:

Since Trump took office..... have you been hearing from Nigerians in Iowa? ... they suddenly went silent. I know you have no clue why.

d last time I checked ova 60 Million American voters elected Trump to d Oval office.

not nigerians in Iowa.
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:14am On Feb 06, 2020
wirinet:

And the perjury of lying about your personal sex life is so serious to the US constitution that it's an impeachable offense?

There is no direct law that says that you cant ask a foreign country to investigate someone cause he's a perceived political opponent, after all he asked Russia to find Hillary's emails. What you can't do is to withhold congress approved aids to blackmail the foreign government to do so.
Perjury is a serious offender that attracts jail time. It doesn't matter maybe it's lying about having lunch or detonating bombs as long as you lied under oath, you're guilty of a crime.

Congress approved aid was held by biden as well and no one raised dust about it. Besides, the fiscal year was not ended before it was eventually released as a matter of fact, same month as the previous ones so, again that is not a factual thing to say.
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by Merimental(m): 7:16am On Feb 06, 2020
SniperSmurf:
All you Nigerians liking Trump... Just know that he doesn't like you!

Trump doesn't nid to like everyone. all he nids to do is keep d world SAFE.

p.s
He only hates unperforming African leaders not d ppl.

do u like everyone around u
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by luminouz(m): 7:19am On Feb 06, 2020
ursullalinda:

Proof him wrong in all you accused him of, or is my leader not lifeless?......well he said the bitter truth and we should tackle our issues and not look for whom to blame

All he said is truth abi? Is that why he is now ur man? Or because he escaped impeachment? Get your priorities right. America is no saint. They got issues,stop acting like they perfect and your people is shiit. We may not be there yet but but what kinda human applauds another country's president who denigrates his own existence. To that man,you are nothing but shiiit. Yet u say he is ur man? How do u hail a man who sees your very existence as an insult to his eyes?
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by RillJ(m): 7:23am On Feb 06, 2020
Its President DJ Trump all the way!

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by APOSTLECHUMA: 7:28am On Feb 06, 2020
VICTORY FOR ISRAEL AS MAJORITY OF THEM BELIEVE TRUMP TO BE MODERN CYRUS, WHO WILL GIVE THEM THE BACK UP TO DESTROY AL AQSA MOSQUE AND BUILD THE 3RD JEWISH TEMPLE AT IT'S PROPER SITE (THE TEMPLE MOUNT).
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by ashawopikin(m): 7:28am On Feb 06, 2020
Sunnycliff:
Pelosi Nancy can die
Nancy pelosi right now

Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by Agugbadin: 7:29am On Feb 06, 2020
Sunnycliff:
Pelosi Nancy can die

She can continue to wail
Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by ashawopikin(m): 7:30am On Feb 06, 2020
Nancy pelosi and d democrats..

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial by luminouz(m): 7:32am On Feb 06, 2020
Truthbites:

Luminous,or darkness,why should Trump give us visas? can't u improve on ur country instead?, is the country not shit hole? Is ur president not a lifeless clueless clone? If he isn't, why did he increase VAT to 7.5%? What has he done for the country since he came? Nigerians are funny people. U guys should be on the streets protesting the 7.5% increase not sitting at home. This is not change or next level. If ur country has these change or next level, no one will go to America. South Africans hardly leave their country for greener pastures. Trump is my guy

All he said is truth abi? Is that why he is now ur man? Or because he escaped impeachment? Get your priorities right. America is no saint. They got issues,stop acting like they perfect and your people is shiit. We may not be there yet but but what kinda human applauds another country's president who denigrates his own existence. To that man,you are nothing but shiiit. Yet u say he is ur man? How do u hail a man who sees your very existence as an insult to his eyes? He is a supremacist. Your black skin is an insult to him. Hail him from now till eternity, he doesn't give half a shiit about you.
Why you're finding this 'truth' hard to 'bite' is very disappointing to me. undecided

And the name is Luminouz,dumbõ. Let that truthbite your ass! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Barack & Michelle Obama Buy Martha's Vineyard Mansion For $11.75 Million / Tiffany Trump Dating Michael Boulos (Photos) / Protests In Tehran After Iran Admits Shooting Down Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.