Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles (65468 Views)

APC Admits Oyetola, Others Took Away Official Vehicles After Approval / Ikpeazu Hands Over Official Vehicles To Abia State Judiciary Judges (Pics) / Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by potopotoking: 5:34am On Feb 07, 2020
[s]
SangoOlukosoOba:

How do you expect the President to use Innoson

Innoson itself has not risen to the stage.

We using pity to market the product.

Won't you choose a 2010 Avalon over a brand new innoson? Be realistic please!
[/s]

I only had to look at your moniker to know ofe gbegiri aspirated vomit is your main problem.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Cousin9999: 5:49am On Feb 07, 2020
Fools.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by hadaydhollarpo(m): 6:33am On Feb 07, 2020
Nig. Reps rejected Innosson brand? Are u kidding? So, do we elect them to provide jobs for other nation while ordinary Nigerians die of hunger & unemployment? Are these ppl thinking through their anus. Ah!!!
How billions will our politicians budget every year for foreign goods while Nig. Manufacturers are not being supported. This is absurd. This is a failed nation.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by oyatz(m): 7:18am On Feb 07, 2020
But many members of the House of Reps are also Igbos themselves.

madridsta007:

Dont shout too much.
We know them.

As long as it has an Igbo connection, whether real or imagined, certain humans will pull down.
They are the same people that voted for Buhari in 2015 and 2019.
It is an incurable sickness.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by madridsta007(m): 10:31am On Feb 07, 2020
oyatz:
But many members of the House of Reps are also Igbos themselves.

You don’t have to be a non-Igbo to hate a good cause from Igboland.
Those kind of people exist everywhere. The English have a word for it. They are called, “saboteurs”.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Ebeano49(m): 11:06am On Feb 07, 2020
Eteka1:
I wouldn't blame them. Those cars are low in quality, quite expensive for that matter and have a very low resale value.

Sentiments aside, I wouldn't accept them either. Given the choice between any of their SUVs and a Toyota, i would take the Toyota all the time.

The company needs to improve the quality of their products to be able to compete favourably with Japanese cars and not rely on sentiment or even blackmail to force its cars on customers.

What a warped logic! You expect a business funded by a single industrious individual to produce a car from the get go that will compete with Toyota on quality?? Do you know how many years Toyota has been in business? Do you know what their quality used to be when they started? Do you know the level of government support they received, and still receive, to be able to make the quality cars you crave?
Why is resale value important when the car ultimately belongs to the government?? Taiwan used to be known for their inferior products but today they have perfected their craft through support from their citizens and government!

In your mind na, you get sense abi?

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Eteka1(m): 11:16am On Feb 07, 2020
Ebeano49:

What a warped logic! You expect a business funded by a single industrious individual to produce a car from the get go that will compete with Toyota on quality?? Do you know how many years Toyota has been in business? Do you know what their quality used to be when they started? Do you know the level of government support they received, and still receive, to be able to make the quality cars you crave?
Why is resale value important when the car ultimately belongs to the government?? Taiwan used to be known for their inferior products but today they have perfected their craft through support from their citizens and government!

In your mind na, you get sense abi?
Why are you asking me all that crap (do you know this, do you know that)? And if he can't produce cars that can compete because he is just one single industrious individual (according to you), who cares?

When buying a car, I go for what I consider the best I can get. I don't care how the manufacturers did it or how long it took them to do it. I just choose the best. So quit being silly.

You are totally wrong to assert that cars given to the legislators ultimately belong to the government. It belongs to the legislators, they go with the cars.

We operate a free market system. Every product or service has to be ready to compete and not rely on sentiment or blackmail in order to sell. Besides those cars are made in CHINA and we are definitely not Chinese so the talk of patriotism doesn't really hold water.

All Innoson needs to do is to look for better quality Chinese products (cars) to assemble and then a lot more people may just consider buying them.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by oyatz(m): 2:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Please tell this House three good reasons why we should buy Innoson vehicles.

koma1:
Before you condemn the rep members ask your self is your current car innoson? If the answer is no then you don't have the right to condemn them. The truth is that even our eastern brothers that are suppose to lead by example by patronising innoson are busy buying foreign brands. How do you expect others to gain confidence in innoson.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by oyatz(m): 2:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
Several industries like Innoson get loans from the FG owned Bank of Industry.

sulaak:

The Japanese and Korean governments took international loans to support the private business. I see nothing wrong in Nigeria acting as a guarantor to loans for the large industrial houses such as Innosson.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by oyatz(m): 2:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
Why do Nigerians (including those criticizing the the Government) prefer to buy Tokunbo Toyota Corolla/Camry or Nissan Sienna to buying Innoson vehicles?

isthatso:
IMHO Innoson should focus on pickup trucks and buses. He will have a reasonable market in police,army trucks and mass transit buses. Govts will patronise him because he is a local manufacturer but he will NEVER get enough individuals to patronise his cars to make it viable. A tokunbo corolla/camry makes more sense to an individual than an Innoson..that is his reality!!!
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by oyatz(m): 2:27pm On Feb 07, 2020
Some commentors will say you hate the Igbos.

einsteine:

Innoson would never be as big as Toyota. Don't kid yourself.

There is no reason today for someone who can afford to buy an IVM car to buy it. In business, you need a USP (Unique Selling Proposition) to succeed. Being made in Nigeria is not a USP and does not lead to scalable growth. This is the same tactic the failed TSTV tried to use, trying to guilt-trip Nigerians into patronizing a product because it is made in Nigeria.

Is IVM better designed than Toyota?

Better fuel performance? Cheaper? Are there even IVM ads?

Why exactly should one buy an IVM automobile instead of Toyota or Nissan or Volvo?

No reason, other than it being made in Nnewi? Then, sorry, that would not lead to success.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by oyatz(m): 2:44pm On Feb 07, 2020
Innoson cars are about #3 million.

If you have #3M to buy a car, will you go for Innoson or Toyota or Nissan?

isthatso:

we vote in known crooks and complain of morality? It's funny these days seeing Nigerians complain of morality. Morality checked out from Nigeria decades ago and many of the people who complain are themselves amoral in their personal lives and dealings!! The average Nigerian no longer has any morals, that is partly why we have amoral leaders!!!!
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
oyatz:
Innoson cars are about #3 million.

If you have #3M to buy a car, will you go for Innoson or Toyota or Nissan?

it's not rocket science, a used toyota is more reliable, probably easier to service and definitely has wide availability of parts no matter where you are in Nigeria, has more status and will likely give me less headache. I also know that in 10 years i will still be able to get parts for the Toyota. I dont know if Innoson will even be around in a few years. This is a very important point, the company has no dealerships, service centers, it does not invest in advertising and cant even afford to pay for a rebranding which will help it and it acknowledges it likes, which means 1) it is probably just barely keeping it's head above water which does not inspire confidence 2) If it decides to close shop there is no legacy distribution or spareparts netwrok to keep the existing cars going.

Innoson has no service centers, it announced late last year it wants to establish it's first one in Enugu because it says Enugu state govt purchased cars from it. . i dont understand that kind of mindset, you are waiting for people to buy your car before you establish service center?. The market is in lagos you are establishing service center in Enugu? If i am going to buy a new car and end up taking it to Jellili the mechanic because there are no service centers around me, then I might as well buy a used car.

I'll take the tokunboh Toyota thank-you.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by oyatz(m): 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2020
That's NOT the reason.

The reason is because Innoson vehicles don't have Unique Selling Points. For instance, price can be a unique selling point if NEW Innoson saloon cars are being sold for #1.5 Million. Many average Nigerians will prefer to use #1.5Million to buy new Innoson cars than use it to buy Tokunbo Honda Accord or Toyota Corolla.

Adebisi0070:
God knows Nigerians are hypocrite.. they didn't support him, not because his car is bad... But because they are scared of the amount of profit he will accumulate.. we never want to see our brother grow.... Black Hate Black

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
oyatz:
That's NOT the reason.

The reason is because Innoson vehicles don't have Unique Selling Points. For instance, price can be a unique selling point if NEW Innoson saloon cars are being sold for #1.5 Million. Many average Nigerians will prefer to use #1.5Million to buy new Innoson cars than use it to buy Tokunbo Honda Accord or Toyota Corolla.

My frind, even if Innoson was only 1.5 million, i still wil not buy an innoson, I would rather buy a Toyota

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by oyatz(m): 3:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
Sir, I perceive that you are a smart and realistic Business man!

isthatso:

it's not rocket science, a used toyota is more reliable, probably easier to service and definitely has wide availability of parts no matter where you are in Nigeria, has more status and will likely give me less headache. I also know that in 10 years i will still be able to get parts for the Toyota. I dont know if Innoson will even be around in a few years. This is a very important point, the company has no dealerships, service centers, it does not invest in advertising and cant even afford to pay for a rebranding which will help it and it acknowledges it likes, which means 1) it is probably just barely keeping it's head above water which does not inspire confidence 2) If it decides to close shop there is no legacy distribution or spareparts netwrok to keep the existing cars going.

Innoson has no service centers, it announced late last year it wants to establish it's first one in Enugu because it says Enugu state govt purchased cars from it. . i dont understand that kind of mindset, you are waiting for people to buy your car before you establish service center?. The market is in lagos you are establishing service center in Enugu? If i am going to buy a new car and end up taking it to Jellili the mechanic because there are no service centers around me, then I might as well buy a used car.

I'll take the tokunboh Toyota thank-you.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by oyatz(m): 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2020
It is possible that some of the parts of the Innoson vehicles are manufactured in Nigeria using locally available materials.

isthatso:

innoson is not your own....it is a Chinese car! It is as "Nigerian" as the Honda, Peugeot, Kia, hyuandai, Jac, Nissaqns assembled in Nigeria. Any of them is fine because they all do the same thing. I dont care if they reject innoson or Peugeot or Nissan or Honda and neither should any reasonable Nigerian so long as they dont buy imported cars that add no value like Toyota, Range Rover, mercedes etc.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by DexterousOne(m): 8:15am On Feb 08, 2020
Smithkafors:

How many your popsi build?, Nigerians are mentally sick!.The phone you are using might be made in China, assembled in Japan sold in whereever you Crip out from.Tomorrow,u say your sisters, cousins are unemployed and you are talking down on someone who is bettering the other people.

Don't mind the guy
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Highvotage: 10:21am On Feb 08, 2020
I want to have different opinion and it will be from many angles.
1. To the Reps, it shows they are representing theirseves and not Nigerians by not patronising made in Nigeria products that they say we should be buying.
2. For those hatred against Innoson or Easterner, when are we going to get sense in this Country? Why should everything be tag with regional or tribal sentiment when things happened in this country?
Are you and I not have the right to use or buy whatever you whant provided you can dish out the fund?
How many of Eastern government buying or use Innoson products?
How many of Eastern State assembly are using Innoson vehicle or they are not buy vehicles?
How many Eastern local government or MDAs buying Innoson product?
Someone should tell us which car is Innoson chairman using before we believe him.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Banmeallday: 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2020
Highvotage:
I want to have different opinion and it will be from many angles.
1. To the Reps, it shows they are representing theirseves and not Nigerians by not patronising made in Nigeria products that they say we should be buying.
2. For those hatred against Innoson or Easterner, when are we going to get sense in this Country? Why should everything be tag with regional or tribal sentiment when things happened in this country?
Are you and I not have the right to use or buy whatever you whant provided you can dish out the fund?
How many of Eastern government buying or use Innoson products?
How many of Eastern State assembly are using Innoson vehicle or they are not buy vehicles?
How many Eastern local government or MDAs buying Innoson product?
Someone should tell us which car is Innoson chairman using before we believe him.

Those so called Eastern leaders are like Uzodinma who finished 4th and now is governor....rogues and more rogues that ONE NIGERIA has empowered to keep the zoo/Nigger Area afloat.

Patronizing Innosen is not by pity, but common sense, and is group economics, but the inferior thinking Niggers in Abuja see Oyibo/Arab people as important as well as their products over Blacks....

WHat do you expect when your president cannot grant live press interview for 2 years and counting.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Former President And Wife Leave For Otuoke( Picture) / Bayelsa State Governorship Election Monitoring/live Report Thread#BayelsaDecides / Dino Melaye Kicks The Devil's Ass With A Big Boot (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.