Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare (29307 Views)

President Rajoelina: "WHO Offered $20M Bribe To Poison Madagascar COVID-19 Cure" / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria / FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by misterjosh(m): 7:36pm On Feb 06, 2020
Are we going to say it's inferiority complex of the home based that caused this... or what could have happened...

1 Like

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by proclinician: 7:36pm On Feb 06, 2020
Where is sarrki and . I hope u guys know buhari is incapable of anything but unfortunately for u lots, more intelligent than u can ever be.

1 Like

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by mikolo80: 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2020
Aidejay:
Stories like this are numerous.
Many people who have made efforts to do something for naija have been frustrated by the people in government.
It's unfortunate.....infact anything you want to do for the masses that has to pass through government hands abeg! Find another way those guys are the real "village people, enemy of progress, evil from my father's house".
then go into govt
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 06, 2020
#EVIL LEADERS LITTERS THE SHITHOLE!
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Curiouscity(m): 7:44pm On Feb 06, 2020
It was canceled because most of the centers were in the South, and the group was mostly headed by Southern Drs in diaspora. QED!

2 Likes

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by WeRblessed(f): 7:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
What do you expects from a cursed backward nation? Don't you know that when you improve Nigerian Healthcare sector, they will no longer have the excuse to tour western countries in the name of check-ups?

Shithole!
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by mikolo80: 7:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
webincomeplus:
Nigeria: The only country that works hard day and night against the success and betterment of her own citizens.
all govt do this
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Brunicekid(m): 7:49pm On Feb 06, 2020
Soup ready. Make government just allow the people chop. Then still dey postpone chopping date.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:50pm On Feb 06, 2020
Is Buhari not the president?
Abi which kian talk be dis?

Ipisi:
Yeye

The real reason US suspends Immigrant travel Visas on Nigerians.

It has little or nothing to do with Boko Haram, has nothing to do with Buhari, has nothing to do with arrest and detention of journalist, has nothing to do with Nigeria’s ban on gays and lesbian, but has everything to do with absence of a workable system in our identification and verification processes.

The main reason Nigeria is suspended from Immigrant visas category is because Nigeria does not have a credible background investigation system that groups like Interpol can rely on to vert and certify originality.

What that means is that if someone commits a crime in lagos and relocates to Kano, there’s no system that can be used to track crimes and people across state lines.

Virtually all African countries have such systems even Ghana has it, Cameroun everyone has original birth certificates but nigeria prefers to have multiple identity cards not because they are interested in monitoring and tracking people but because they want to make money. Our country is a transaction society, you can buy anything even the human conscience.

Most responsible modern states in the world have tracking systems, but nigeria does not. A typical example, if you are about 40 years, if you go to your primary school to get your records they don’t have it. Principals and headmasters do not have computers in the 21st century.

Now only states that are considered rogue nations or failed states that do not have workable systems. Most nations in this category are nations at war. Nigeria is not at war but the irresponsible nature of our government makes Nigeria a war zone.

Now, back to US suspension, let me make it clear that only Immigrants visas are affected. Non immigrant visas are not affected. An immigrant visas is a type of visa that allows you to stay, work or even become a US citizen after you travel.

This category involves the type of visa you get when you marry an American citizen and have to relocate or the type of visas given to parents when their American citizens file for them or the visa you get through lottery.

Another category of visa affected is birth visas, these are medical tourism visas to come to America and have a baby. It is those categories of visas that are affected. Some waivers do apply. However, non immigrant visas like visitors or business visas are not affected, however going forward it will be difficult to get

What America is saying is that we cannot continue to give immigrant visas to your people if our investigators have no tools to work with to verify the true identity of your immigrant populations.

Example, someone who wins lottery or marries a US citizen, the investigators will want to check him up to primary school, but we have no records. Our government should be ashamed that we do not have a reliable working system to track Nigerians instead of deceiving the people to assume it is unfair what US has done.

Our government should be ashamed that today we are grouped with countries like Eritrea and Sudan. A sensible country, what they should be doing now is to put such a system in place, but they will not. Last year, two of my American friends visited Nigeria and came back with Nigerian international passports. That can never happen in Ghana or even Liberia. But with money you can buy a mans conscience in Nigeria.

With as little as three to five hundred dollars people are ready to subvert the law and do the unthinkable. With just Ten thousand Naira anyone can get local governments origin letters, worst still, today traders who never stepped their legs in universities are given degrees and people even serve youth service with fake results. If you are America will you continue to give immigrant visas to a country you cannot verify a simple certificate?

If you are America will you continue to give citizenship to immigrants whose entire documents for relocation to your country may have been forged?

We forge ID cards, we forge bank statements to get visas, we forge birth certificates, we forge marriage certificates, we forge election results, what is it that we do not forge?

We should not blame the US, the truth is we have failed as a nation. More disturbing, those who are clamoring that we need a working system are those who are arrested and locked up on frivolous reasons, charged with hate speech and ostracized by society.

According to my good friend Frank Anoh, he says we are a nation of criminals. I somewhat would agree with him. We are a nation of criminals. However, I blame my generation more, we continue to subvert the system for a plate of porridge. Until this independence era politicians leave the scene, Nigeria will continue to operate in the 16th century.

God help us.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by solsticey2k3(m): 7:53pm On Feb 06, 2020
Of course, we are our own worst enemy undecided
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Maski87: 7:56pm On Feb 06, 2020
I don't understand how this government that has been very disrespectful and condescending towards healthcare professionals, anyone would want to work with them
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by fostermd(m): 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2020
My medical doctor colleagues abroad purchased dialysis machines for installation at no cost to one of the states in Nigeria where one of their medical school colleague was the Commissioner for Health.The bureaucrats at the state/ ministry demanded for bribe before the equipment are installed.
The dialysis machines are rotting in a store as donors refused to bribe for a project they were donating to the state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Sirjamo: 8:00pm On Feb 06, 2020
Meeyankee:
This is what happened when you vote in the people in government who supposed to be gatemen in Lagos mainland .. tufiakwa imagine Buhari come be our president? Buhari that supposed to join his fellow aboki selling sugar Cain for mile 12 market.
A Sandhurst trained military officer should be selling sugarcane! You should be selling okrika at katangua market.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 06, 2020
FG is always never serious. They should start with 2 states first and move like that until the whole country is covered.

1 Like

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by knowhowk: 8:00pm On Feb 06, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Not surprised. They only care about 26bn for senate House renovation.
Mad o
. Quite unfortunate.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
Buhari is an Arab alien
He would never build hospitals neither would he allow hospitals to be built.
Their job is to keep the country in a hole
Just check the amount budgeted for education!

Negroes need to wake the fucck up!
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
Is that where he learned to recruit terrorists into the army in an ongoing war that he seems to be losing?

Sirjamo:
A Sandhurst trained military officer should be selling sugarcane! You should be selling okrika at katangua market.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by gaskiyamagana: 8:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
Let them form HEALTH FOUNDATION which will be less dependent on government which is full of corrupt officials.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by captianfreeman(m): 8:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
Well, until I see the terms and conditions of the said program, it won't be wise for me to blame the government, even though the government have their own short coming.

Our doctors in diaspora should do well to furnish us the details of the scheme. May be the program was cancelled because of some certain inadequacy.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Reference(m): 8:08pm On Feb 06, 2020
Juat watch how a group will rise up from the dark parts of the Nigerian citizenry to tear this well meaning group apart... in 1, 2, 3...
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Shaprara: 8:15pm On Feb 06, 2020
Moral of the story - How we tried to make money from the health care sector, the cabal didn't agree because it probably threatens their cut and so they bail out.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Omoslim26: 8:19pm On Feb 06, 2020
ogawisdom:
Lol
Attention seekers
like seriously ogawisdom

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by fostermd(m): 8:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
captianfreeman:
Well, until I see the terms and conditions of the said program, it won't be wise for me to blame the government, even though the government have their own short coming.

Our doctors in diaspora should do well to furnish us the details of the scheme. May be the program was cancelled because of some certain inadequacy.
The Government should have at least allowed the program to take off after three years of planning.They can modify or make improvements gradually.
The 26 volunteers, doctors and nurses who had planned coming,already paid for their own airfare and must have taken leave with or without pay for the commencement of the program.

I am a doctor in Europe,22 years post graduation and i know the frustration and brick wall many of my colleagues face when they attempt to "give back "to Nigeria as most of us had our primary medical degrees in Nigeria.

There are loads of first hand stories.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
The members of this body should have known better who they were dealing with. Nigeria has always been a failed state and would forever be a failed state. Nigeria would NEVER move forward...it would stay in its moribund state and chasing its tail till the end of time. If a new country is created today, in five years time that country would be better off than Nigeria. That goes to show how hopeless and irreparable the country is.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by lexy2014: 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2020
tophumble:
Why won't they frustrate u, u don't want dem to av reason to travel out again or use medical check up abroad as an excuse to jump bail

I just tire oooh. They forgot how Nigeria operates. Abike Dabiri went there to deceive them, taking them on a wild goose chase& collecting massive estacodes along d way. Its unfortunate that they fell 4d scam. They should have known better

1 Like

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by lexy2014: 8:47pm On Feb 06, 2020
Sirjamo:

Which year did Sandhurst train buhari?
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Wiifesnatcher(m): 8:52pm On Feb 06, 2020
coronavirus is better than Buhari, if you doubt me check how many people have died since this cow was elected with his incompetence if is not more than the people coronavirus have killed in China
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by captianfreeman(m): 8:56pm On Feb 06, 2020
fostermd:

The Government should have at least allowed the program to take off after three years of planning.They can modify or make improvements gradually.
The 26 volunteers, doctors and nurses who had planned coming,already paid for their own airfare and must have taken leave with or without pay for the commencement of the program.

I am a doctor in Europe,22 years post graduation and i know the frustration and brick wall many of my colleagues face when they attempt to "give back "to Nigeria as most of us had our primary medical degrees in Nigeria.

There are loads of first hand stories.

If I may ask, what are the reasons for this brick wall from the part of the government? As an insider, is there any condition you know of from the part of the Doctors in diaspora that we don't know?

I still don't know why any sane person will refuse help. Is there any string attached in this scheme?
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Mrpojj(m): 9:00pm On Feb 06, 2020
ijustdey:
Nigerian doctors in diaspora: How FG frustrated us when we offered to improve healthcare back home

https://www.thecable.ng/nigerian-doctors-in-diaspora-how-fg-frustrated-us-when-we-offered-to-improve-healthcare-back-home
Cases like are numerous

My friend's father lives and works in spain
The company he works wanted to open a business in Nigeria
But they took it to Ghana when bribes in millions of dollars was demanded from Nigeria Minister and officials
It's crazy

2 Likes

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by goldmatrix(m): 9:01pm On Feb 06, 2020
..all the money is meant for politicians salaries, pension and their cronies. We are not a country my brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Narrates How He Survived Being 'Brutally Stabbed' 12 Times (Photo) / 5 Dangerous Pregnancy Complications That Can Destroy Your Home / The Dangers Of Microwave Oven In Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.