Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:53 AM

Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare (29519 Views)

President Rajoelina: "WHO Offered $20M Bribe To Poison Madagascar COVID-19 Cure" / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria / FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by MrSquint: 12:40am On Feb 07, 2020
This one is seriously serious.
This gonement of intifgrity and antikwaraption is actually doing the worse things ever recorded in the history of Nigeria. Ask Transparency International!

Herdsmen don't build cities,
They take care of cows,

If you ever believed this government had good plans for Nigeria, you're certainly part of the problem.

It's quite unfortunate...
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by frog12: 12:53am On Feb 07, 2020
idiots they should go and start their non-profit or private hospitals

1 Like

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by bassette(m): 12:54am On Feb 07, 2020
Ipisi:
Yeye

The real reason US suspends Immigrant travel Visas on Nigerians.

It has little or nothing to do with Boko Haram, has nothing to do with Buhari, has nothing to do with arrest and detention of journalist, has nothing to do with Nigeria’s ban on gays and lesbian, but has everything to do with absence of a workable system in our identification and verification processes.

The main reason Nigeria is suspended from Immigrant visas category is because Nigeria does not have a credible background investigation system that groups like Interpol can rely on to vert and certify originality.

What that means is that if someone commits a crime in lagos and relocates to Kano, there’s no system that can be used to track crimes and people across state lines.

Virtually all African countries have such systems even Ghana has it, Cameroun everyone has original birth certificates but nigeria prefers to have multiple identity cards not because they are interested in monitoring and tracking people but because they want to make money. Our country is a transaction society, you can buy anything even the human conscience.

Most responsible modern states in the world have tracking systems, but nigeria does not. A typical example, if you are about 40 years, if you go to your primary school to get your records they don’t have it. Principals and headmasters do not have computers in the 21st century.

Now only states that are considered rogue nations or failed states that do not have workable systems. Most nations in this category are nations at war. Nigeria is not at war but the irresponsible nature of our government makes Nigeria a war zone.

Now, back to US suspension, let me make it clear that only Immigrants visas are affected. Non immigrant visas are not affected. An immigrant visas is a type of visa that allows you to stay, work or even become a US citizen after you travel.

This category involves the type of visa you get when you marry an American citizen and have to relocate or the type of visas given to parents when their American citizens file for them or the visa you get through lottery.

Another category of visa affected is birth visas, these are medical tourism visas to come to America and have a baby. It is those categories of visas that are affected. Some waivers do apply. However, non immigrant visas like visitors or business visas are not affected, however going forward it will be difficult to get

What America is saying is that we cannot continue to give immigrant visas to your people if our investigators have no tools to work with to verify the true identity of your immigrant populations.

Example, someone who wins lottery or marries a US citizen, the investigators will want to check him up to primary school, but we have no records. Our government should be ashamed that we do not have a reliable working system to track Nigerians instead of deceiving the people to assume it is unfair what US has done.

Our government should be ashamed that today we are grouped with countries like Eritrea and Sudan. A sensible country, what they should be doing now is to put such a system in place, but they will not. Last year, two of my American friends visited Nigeria and came back with Nigerian international passports. That can never happen in Ghana or even Liberia. But with money you can buy a mans conscience in Nigeria.

With as little as three to five hundred dollars people are ready to subvert the law and do the unthinkable. With just Ten thousand Naira anyone can get local governments origin letters, worst still, today traders who never stepped their legs in universities are given degrees and people even serve youth service with fake results. If you are America will you continue to give immigrant visas to a country you cannot verify a simple certificate?

If you are America will you continue to give citizenship to immigrants whose entire documents for relocation to your country may have been forged?

We forge ID cards, we forge bank statements to get visas, we forge birth certificates, we forge marriage certificates, we forge election results, what is it that we do not forge?

We should not blame the US, the truth is we have failed as a nation. More disturbing, those who are clamoring that we need a working system are those who are arrested and locked up on frivolous reasons, charged with hate speech and ostracized by society.

According to my good friend Frank Anoh, he says we are a nation of criminals. I somewhat would agree with him. We are a nation of criminals. However, I blame my generation more, we continue to subvert the system for a plate of porridge. Until this independence era politicians leave the scene, Nigeria will continue to operate in the 16th century.

God help us.
What you have written here is the whole truth about what Nigeria has been and is today. I am even surprised this has only garnered a few likes, oh I guess its a truth too difficult and shameful to come to terms with.
Sincerely growing up and seeing this country like this I'm ashamed.
God help us!

2 Likes

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by tophumble(m): 1:46am On Feb 07, 2020
Lolzzzz. Why do u want to know me? Besides, I av stated the obvious.
StrikeBack:
Who are you? I need to know you
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 1:51am On Feb 07, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:

Kai see finishing.....with what you just said Nigeria is finished
I lie? A man without ideology and vision.what kind of man is that?
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by CSTR2: 2:43am On Feb 07, 2020
This is crime against humanity.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Haryodeji77(m): 3:06am On Feb 07, 2020
These so called leaders are won't stop failing us... cry cry
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Hottdawgg: 3:44am On Feb 07, 2020
If the doctors are serious they don't need the Ministry of Health. They can collaborate with the private sector. Or is there a hidden agenda?
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Goldencheese(m): 5:07am On Feb 07, 2020
Lucid thought, logical and cogent arguments, fluid writing and an emotive and cathartic capture of the state of regression in the so-called giant of Africa.

Thank you.

Ipisi:
Yeye

It has little or nothing to do with Boko Haram, has nothing to do with Buhari, has nothing to do with arrest and detention of journalist, has nothing to do with Nigeria’s ban on gays and lesbian, but has everything to do with absence of a workable system in our identification and verification processes.

The main reason Nigeria is suspended from Immigrant visas category is because Nigeria does not have a credible background investigation system that groups like Interpol can rely on to vert and certify originality.

What that means is that if someone commits a crime in lagos and relocates to Kano, there’s no system that can be used to track crimes and people across state lines.

Virtually all African countries have such systems even Ghana has it, Cameroun everyone has original birth certificates but nigeria prefers to have multiple identity cards not because they are interested in monitoring and tracking people but because they want to make money. Our country is a transaction society, you can buy anything even the human conscience.

Most responsible modern states in the world have tracking systems, but nigeria does not. A typical example, if you are about 40 years, if you go to your primary school to get your records they don’t have it. Principals and headmasters do not have computers in the 21st century.

Now only states that are considered rogue nations or failed states that do not have workable systems. Most nations in this category are nations at war. Nigeria is not at war but the irresponsible nature of our government makes Nigeria a war zone.

Now, back to US suspension, let me make it clear that only Immigrants visas are affected. Non immigrant visas are not affected. An immigrant visas is a type of visa that allows you to stay, work or even become a US citizen after you travel.

This category involves the type of visa you get when you marry an American citizen and have to relocate or the type of visas given to parents when their American citizens file for them or the visa you get through lottery.

Another category of visa affected is birth visas, these are medical tourism visas to come to America and have a baby. It is those categories of visas that are affected. Some waivers do apply. However, non immigrant visas like visitors or business visas are not affected, however going forward it will be difficult to get

What America is saying is that we cannot continue to give immigrant visas to your people if our investigators have no tools to work with to verify the true identity of your immigrant populations.

Example, someone who wins lottery or marries a US citizen, the investigators will want to check him up to primary school, but we have no records. Our government should be ashamed that we do not have a reliable working system to track Nigerians instead of deceiving the people to assume it is unfair what US has done.

Our government should be ashamed that today we are grouped with countries like Eritrea and Sudan. A sensible country, what they should be doing now is to put such a system in place, but they will not. Last year, two of my American friends visited Nigeria and came back with Nigerian international passports. That can never happen in Ghana or even Liberia. But with money you can buy a mans conscience in Nigeria.

With as little as three to five hundred dollars people are ready to subvert the law and do the unthinkable. With just Ten thousand Naira anyone can get local governments origin letters, worst still, today traders who never stepped their legs in universities are given degrees and people even serve youth service with fake results. If you are America will you continue to give immigrant visas to a country you cannot verify a simple certificate?

If you are America will you continue to give citizenship to immigrants whose entire documents for relocation to your country may have been forged?

We forge ID cards, we forge bank statements to get visas, we forge birth certificates, we forge marriage certificates, we forge election results, what is it that we do not forge?

We should not blame the US, the truth is we have failed as a nation. More disturbing, those who are clamoring that we need a working system are those who are arrested and locked up on frivolous reasons, charged with hate speech and ostracized by society.

According to my good friend Frank Anoh, he says we are a nation of criminals. I somewhat would agree with him. We are a nation of criminals. However, I blame my generation more, we continue to subvert the system for a plate of porridge. Until this independence era politicians leave the scene, Nigeria will continue to operate in the 16th century.

God help us.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Goldencheese(m): 5:09am On Feb 07, 2020
bassette:
What you have written here is the whole truth about what Nigeria has been and is today. I am even surprised this has only garnered a few likes, oh I guess its a truth too difficult and shameful to come to terms with.
Sincerely growing up and seeing this country like this I'm ashamed.
God help us!

I read it too bro, upvoted it and sent him my comment like you, too. It may not get upvoted many times but I know those who read it, it resonated with them. Thanks.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by shevon: 5:14am On Feb 07, 2020
Aidejay:
Stories like this are numerous.
Many people who have made efforts to do something for naija have been frustrated by the people in government.
It's unfortunate.....infact anything you want to do for the masses that has to pass through government hands abeg! Find another way those guys are the real "village people, enemy of progress, evil from my father's house".
Why will they not frustrate it when they have nothing to gain from the effort being put in place. If they or their family fall sick, they will be on the next flight to anywhere in the world to get adequate medical attention. The only people to enjoy this initiative are the masses, do we think the people in government really care about the masses? So, if it doesn't bring money to their pocket, it is not important.

1 Like

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by virginchaser(m): 5:32am On Feb 07, 2020
You don't even know whom to believe.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by mmsen: 5:40am On Feb 07, 2020
Decolonel:
This country doesn't respect Nigerian doctors.

What does it respect?

Not human lives.

Not the environment.

Not facts.

Not logic.

And I'm talking the country it is the people - they are the problem, most of them, not just government.

1 Like

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 5:46am On Feb 07, 2020
Nigerian Government o gbadun....

All they know is Party, Election and Money!!!

Anything outside those 3, is nothing to them!!!

No genuine interest for the development of the Country!!!
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 5:47am On Feb 07, 2020
misterjosh:
Are we going to say it's inferiority complex of the home based that caused this... or what could have happened...
Home based or Nigerian Government??
The minister of health/Federal Government , postponed the program not the home based guys!!!
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 5:49am On Feb 07, 2020
fostermd:
My medical doctor colleagues abroad purchased dialysis machines for installation at no cost to one of the states in Nigeria where one of their medical school colleague was the Commissioner for Health.The bureaucrats at the state/ ministry demanded for bribe before the equipment are installed.
The dialysis machines are rotting in a store as donors refused to bribe for a project they were donating to the state.
Acceptance fee shocked shocked shocked
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by alphaNomega: 9:27am On Feb 07, 2020
Ipisi:
Yeye

God help us.

America can shove their visa into a collective Amerocan butt hole
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by mechanics(m): 10:33am On Feb 07, 2020
It simply means that they don't want the country to develop.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:45am On Feb 07, 2020
Meeyankee:

I lie? A man without ideology and vision.what kind of man is that?

Lols....they played us for real
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Sarah20A(f): 10:49am On Feb 07, 2020
Apart from dangote the government doesn't support anyone else and they won't even allow them to do it on their own undecided
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 07, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:

Lols....they played us for real
People that voted him don see am nah. My conscience is clean.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Reussite: 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2020
This is really heart wrenching. cry I was just speaking with my mum who is an Assistant Chief Nursing Officer what we can do in this country to minimize the medic brain drain cos a good no of the doctors after their houseman ship are leaving for UK/Canada & this are very skilled & knowledgeable doctors. Now imagine my feelings reading a report as this. This is really sad! Most times I just wonder why I am a Nigerian in the first place. sad
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by ajl: 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2020
Sirjamo:
A Sandhurst trained military officer should be selling sugarcane! You should be selling okrika at katangua market.

Na who Sandhurst military training help? Na that we go chop?
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by ajl: 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2020
gaskiyamagana:
Let them form HEALTH FOUNDATION which will be less dependent on government which is full of corrupt officials.

That's what I thought too. I think doing things privately in Nigeria without involving governments is the only way to get things done successfully. Problem is most of our people have a mentality that seem to rely too much on waiting on government for doing most things.

1 Like

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by ajl: 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
payperpost:
executive the project in partnership with Lagos state government

Are they any different? I get story o. Make I just keep quiet for now because I still dey pull their legs. Only reason I got involved with them be say dem get to offer something (not money though) in return to improve what I am deploying and my only hope be say dem go make money too (not bribe but revenue). I no really send dem because I was 99% ready to deploy the tech to the public but I told myself say why not try these govt so that I no go talk later say "I should have.." So, I no really send dem. Please my people, if there is anything you are doing in Nigeria that involving the govt will not add value to it, then don't go to them. You can do such privately. At least, Nigeria is still a free-market, so far no law or regulation is broken.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by brownemmanuel43(m): 4:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
When we have pensioner as a president what do u expect. My papa dun retire tey tey, this one still dey occupy sit for aso rock
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 07, 2020
ajl:

Are they any different? I get story o. Make I just keep quiet for now because I still dey pull their legs. Only reason I got involved with them be say dem get to offer something (not money though) in return to improve what I am deploying and my only hope be say dem go make money too (not bribe but revenue). I no really send dem because I was 99% ready to deploy the tech to the public but I told myself say why not try these govt so that I no go talk later say "I should have.." So, I no really send dem. Please my people, if there is anything you are doing in Nigeria that involving the govt will not add value to it, then don't go to them. You can do such privately. At least, Nigeria is still a free-market, so far no law or regulation is broken.
. so true! the government is so useless that they will be waiting for you to suffer and put so many energies into it before they bring the stupid law to fight you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Provoking Ways You Are Endangering Your Health / SCENT LEAVES Aka Efirin Good In Pregnancy? / 5 Dangerous Pregnancy Complications That Can Destroy Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.