Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) (48089 Views)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by PrinceMajestic: 3:21pm On Feb 07, 2020
sharpwriter:

Shut up your mouth and trash and learn. The reason I said that was because no one can accurately tell how old the earth is or how long it has been in existence. And of surely the bible didn't state or give the age long existence of the earth.

Humans who picked up the bible and trying to pin point the age of existence of the earth only did it on mere speculations according to their brain capacity not that the Bible said it. The Bible didn't say how long the earth has existed. So get my words right. That's that.

Now, my own correction to you which made me quote you in the first place is you advertising your ignorance that bible said the earth has only existed for 2000 years.

That's wrong even if you are to go by the calculation of the speculations that I said some did above.

This is year 2020 AD..... So when you talk, it's more right for you to say that 2000 AD. AD there means Anno Domini, that is, based on the current date era according to Gregorian calendar based on assumed birth date of Jesus Christ. So here, it's year 2020 after the death of Christ.

So it's wrong for you to be shouting all over a public forum that Bible claimed that the earth existed 2000 years ago.
Bible didn't say so.

Before Jesus existed and before Anno Domini Era which we are in, there was B. C. E. and that's before common era or before Christian Era or before Christ's existence.

This B. C. E. time ranges from the time that the first human walked the earth till Jesus surfaced which no one on earth presently knew how long. We can only speculate.

So, people, pastors or whatever may be teaching, but the scriptures may not be saying the same thing despite the fact that they claim to be speaking from there.

So, if you wanna bash the faith or even any issue some day, at least do some homework and speak rightly.

Take time to note B. C. E; C. E; and AD.

NB: I'm not an advocate of religion; Cos there's difference between religion and spirituality. No matter the knowledge of the spiritual and of science, we're all still looking for answers and there's nothing as true as this fact that WE'RE ALL STILL LOOKING FOR ANSWERS AND WILL CONTINUE TO LEARN.

I won't reply you again! Cheers!!!
trash trash trash. You're only a victim of mental slavery. Your god don't exist
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Amujale(m): 3:56pm On Feb 07, 2020
airsaylongcom:

I'd be interested in those Yoruba words and what they mean

Similar to most West African languages, Yoruba predates Greek.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Amujale(m): 6:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
Various historians have performed a thorough perusal on all the Indo European languages and they found various intimations that indicate from where these languages originate. i.e Professor Martin Bernal.

African languages are the root source of all other languages.

Yet, if one should follow the current curriculum, one would hardly be able to arrive at these type of conclusions.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by nlPoster: 7:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
airsaylongcom:

I'd be interested in those Yoruba words and what they mean

Mostly some concepts, not sure of the details.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Ademola47(m): 8:33pm On Feb 07, 2020
Baba God, which day will I visit such a nice place??
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Amujale(m): 12:57am On Feb 08, 2020
Ademola47:
which day will I visit such a nice place??

Baba God let me and my brother respectively visit nice places.

Kindly, dont attach any significance to Greece outside of an historical context.

May Baba God allow you to visit the UK, US, Belgium, Canada, Spain e.t.c
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by nlPoster: 1:38am On Feb 08, 2020

Guy nawa for you, don't be one of these lazy youths.

What is horror about these pictures?

No description, no label, the description on the tumbs are not readable.

Amazing isn't it.

A place where I'd go and see just interesting historical artifacts, another person is seeing horror.

Shows how subjective everything is.

But, it's better to be cautious sha. Who knows.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Amujale(m): 3:30am On Feb 08, 2020
nlPoster:

Amazing isn't it.

A place where I'd go and see just interesting historical artifacts, another person is seeing horror.

Shows how subjective everything is.

But, it's better to be cautious sha. Who knows.

I agree with you about the historical significance, but i dont agree on it being a nice place.

There are many nice places on the globe, Greece isnt one of them.

Olden day Greeks are the principal agents that wrecked Ancient Egypt and infected their culture with the same religion that evolved into the Abrahamic religions that is running riot on the continent today.

These are the main reasons one ought to have for visiting places such as Greece.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by nlPoster: 5:01am On Feb 08, 2020
Amujale:

I agree with you about the historical significance, but i dont agree on it being a nice place.

There are many nice places on the globe, Greece isnt one of them.

Olden day Greeks are the principal agents that wrecked Ancient Egypt and infected their culture with the same religion that evolved into the Abrahamic religions that is running riot on the continent today.

These are the main reasons one ought to have for visiting places such as Greece.

I think you're misreading my post although I get your comment.

I was referring to the museum which the OP called horror, had I been there I'd just have regarded the exhibitions as historical artifacts.

Also, I did not say Greece is nice, I've never been to the country although I hope to someday. But from all indications it might be, depending on what parameters you're looking at. The myths are scary though.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Amujale(m): 8:47am On Feb 08, 2020
nlPoster:

I think you're misreading my post although I get your comment.

I was referring to the museum which the OP called horror, had I been there I'd just have regarded the exhibitions as historical artifacts.

Also, I did not say Greece is nice, I've never been to the country although I hope to someday. But from all indications it might be, depending on what parameters you're looking at. The myths are scary though.

I think you're correct and understand what you was refering to better now. Must have connected your response to my previous one.

Thanks for clearing that up.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by budaatum: 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2020
CollinsWeGlobe:
It was a bright cold and snow day on Thursday, February 6, arriving Athens from Sweden I left Athens going to the Greek mainland, Thessaly about 330 kilometres to pay a visit to the Athanasakio Archaeological Museum of Volos.

The Museum is located in Volos, Greece, it houses many exquisite finds from early 20th century and modern archaeological excavations in Thessaly.

The exhibits on display include jewelry, household utensils and agricultural tools, originating from the Neolithic settlements of Dimini and Sesklo, as well as clay statuettes and a wide variety of items from the Geometric period, a time of great heroic events, such as the Argonaut Expedition and the Trojan War.

There are also statues and uncommon jointed statuettes from the classical period, rare steles with relief work from the Hellenistic period whereby the color are well-preserved, as well as reliefs from the early Christian and Byzantine periods. Other fascinating exhibits include tombs transported in their entirety from the archaeological sites where they were discovered, along with the human skeleton and the offerings placed around it.

Just outside the museum there are some interesting reconstructions of the Neolithic houses at Dimini and Sesklo.
exhibition in the halls with the Neolithic artifacts and the halls with the representation of the graves. They allow the visitor to have a more direct contact with the antiquities and comprehend their function easier.

At the moment there is an exhibition of the Angelos Bastis collection of Neolithic artifacts from all over Thessaly, which has been donated to the Museum. There is also an exhibition of the new acquistitions of the Museum which come from the recent excavations in the regions of Magnesia and Karditsa.

An educational programme from Primary school pupils has been put into practice, the subject of which is "Neolithic culture: once upon a time in Sesklo and Dimini".

To-and-fro from Athens to Volos is €60

I paid €4 for museum ticket

I bought pizza €3

Total = €67 (₦27,000)

There was small earthquake shakes Thessaly, Greece during my visit injuries or damage.

Check out the photos and video from my visit to the Archaeological Museum, you are free to ask any question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdmo_L1lafQ&feature=youtu.be

Source: https://mandynews.com/my-visit-to-the-archeological-museum-of-greece/
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by budaatum: 2:36pm On Jun 17, 2020
Amujale:

Similar to most West African languages, Yoruba predates Greek.
Have you any source for this please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Paid For VIP Seating At The Airport, Shares Receipt (Photos) / Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone / Ghanaian Lady Made To Jump Into Gutter To Pick What She Threw In There (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.