Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project (20191 Views)

PDP Blames Buhari For Coronavirus In Nigeria / Tricycle Ban: PDP Faults Sanwo-Olu For Not Providing Alternative, To Protest / PDP Blames Jimi Agbaje For Embarrassing Defeat In Lagos Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by ifiokjohn(m): 9:35am On Feb 07, 2020
Dalby:

PDP had 16years with OBJ and did not remember to restart the project. What kind of humans are these, they might as well blame Lord Luguard...
What differentiate them and APC that keep Blaming the Past Govt?
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 07, 2020
opportunes:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/okada-ban-pdp-blames-buhari-for-terminating-lagos-metro-rail-project.html

That's how he also stopped Ajaokuta Steel Company in kogi state in the 80s.

This Buhari has always been curse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by ifiokjohn(m): 9:37am On Feb 07, 2020
Aufbauh:

So after the over 35 years cancellation of Lagos Metro Station no civilian administration came on board to restart it?..... Smh!

1999-2015 is enough years to construct Lagos Metro Station and build the 4th mainland bridge if not for the endemic primitive corruption of the party you support.

All i can see and say is that there's no free easy money for lazy people and that's enough frustration to rant incessantly.
At least you agree that the failure truncated our growth in Military rule and that is what matters

OK now buhari is the President, why can't he restart the metrol rail in Lagos as a form of repentance/Apology to Lagosians...it isn't to late or is it?
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by ifiokjohn(m): 9:38am On Feb 07, 2020
Aufbauh:

So after the over 35 years cancellation of Lagos Metro Station no civilian administration came on board to restart it?..... Smh!

1999-2015 is enough years to construct Lagos Metro Station and build the 4th mainland bridge if not for the endemic primitive corruption of the party you support.

All i can see and say is that there's no free easy money for lazy people and that's enough frustration to rant incessantly.
At least you agree that the lifeless failure truncated our growth in his Military rule and that is what matters

OK now buhari is the President, why can't he restart the metrol rail in Lagos as a form of repentance/Apology to Lagosians...it isn't to late or is it?
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by ifiokjohn(m): 9:45am On Feb 07, 2020
Prompto:
My brother this is very true brother also block your father's preek from impregbanting your mother for the birth of your junior brother but what now happen all those years Buhari was not at the helms of affair your foolishness was allowed to flourish. It must be Buhari that is also not allowing Wike complete the rail in Rivers ba ?!
No Wonder you are as Backward as your President.
You're a big Disgrace to Progressive People
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by ifiokjohn(m): 9:50am On Feb 07, 2020
AnanseK:

1. You have to go and learn some history about the Military coups in Nigeria, you will know who overthrew the first democratically elected government.

2. So when Buhari cancelled the rail project during his rule as military president, what did PDP do in their 16 years of leadership to bring back this project? Buhari ruled 20 months ( Dec. 1983 to August 1985). PDP ruled for 16 years ( May 1999 to May 2015).
When Buhari cancelled it, Lagos was still the Capital of Nigeria. when PDP Came to Power abuja was/still is the capital and the party built the Abuja light rail up to 95%
now buhari is in power and its been five years but the failure hasn't even apologized to lagosians or even tried to rebuild it has Compensation to Lagosians. and to think you are a Lagosian or Yoruba too but you support the Only Human that truncated the growth of Lagos on it infancy.
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by ifiokjohn(m): 9:51am On Feb 07, 2020
AnanseK:

1. You have to go and learn some history about the Military coups in Nigeria, you will know who overthrew the first democratically elected government.

2. So when Buhari cancelled the rail project during his rule as military president, what did PDP do in their 16 years of leadership to bring back this project? Buhari ruled 20 months ( Dec. 1983 to August 1985). PDP ruled for 16 years ( May 1999 to May 2015).
When Buhari cancelled it, Lagos was still the Capital of Nigeria. when PDP Came to Power abuja was/still is the capital and the party built the Abuja light rail up to 95%
now buhari is in power and its been five years but the failure hasn't even apologized to lagosians or even tried to rebuild it or pay Compensation to Lagosians. and to think you are a Lagosian or Yoruba too but you support the Only Human that truncated the growth of Lagos on it infancy.
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by ifiokjohn(m): 9:54am On Feb 07, 2020
Jack500:

Well, unfortunately for u, he is still the president for the next 3 years, so u can as well kill urself already.
Just as Jonathan was your President for Five years to and you could do nothing...

Anupama
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by MrMou: 9:56am On Feb 07, 2020
clarocuzioo:

So you don't know that the disaster you defend is responsible for the traffic challenge in Lagos State.

Buhari over threw the first democratically elected president of this country thus sending the nation to sixteen years of military jaunta.

Buhari cancelled the Lagos metro line project.

Buhari cancelled the fourth mainland bridge project, so you can see the disaster you always defend is anti progressive.

Twice the nation entered recession, twice USA handed Nigeria visa ban, the interesting thing is that during those period, one person was the head of state, and that is Gen. Buhari.

So his backwardness did not start today. Buhari administration has always brought hardship to Nigerians.
But you sabi lie sha, bro... grin
When was the first time US handed Nigeria visa ban again? Abeg remind me...
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by anonimi: 9:57am On Feb 07, 2020
adamadwealthy:
That's how he also stopped Ajaokuta Steel Company in kogi state in the 80s.
This Buhari has always been curse.

Sad curse.
It is curious that those who knew his antecedents nevertheless packaged him for the zonebees to call their messiah.
Such a gullible crowd of lazy youths who cannot find out their own history about a candidate.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306

citizenisb:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says President Muhammadu Buhari may not do well in economy and foreign affairs, except in military matters.

“Buhari is not a very hot person on the economy and foreign affairs,” Obasanjo said.

The former President stated this on Monday at the third International Conference on African Development Issues — themed, “Driving inclusive and sustainable development in Africa: Models, methods and policies” — organised by Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.

While reacting to a question posed to him by a member of the audience: “Is there any hope for Nigeria under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari?”, Obasanjo replied, “Is there any hope for Nigeria under this administration? I came back from Geneva, Switzerland a few days ago to attend a conference titled, ‘Are elections giving democracy a bad name?’ We had an election, we elected a leader and the good thing about democracy is that the power you have to elect a leader is also the power you have to remove him. I am saying this because I said earlier that if you don’t see any leader that has done well in the 56 years of Nigeria’s independence, then let us forget about Nigeria.

“I will tell you what I know and I will tell you what I don’t know. I know Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. He served under me in the military. His characteristics that I know, his behaviour that I know, he has not deviated from them. He was never a perfect man, he is not a perfect man and no leader can ever be a perfect man because they are human beings. But if you read my book, what I said about him is correct. He is not a hot person when it comes to economy. He is not a very hot person when it comes to foreign affairs. But he will do well in matters of military and he will do well in fighting Boko Haram.”

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-not-sound-economy-foreign-affairs-obasanjo/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3522539_fbimg14586264367400620_jpeg60f1f5aba639f2c888ed8075ec4bb623

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by Eborty(m): 10:00am On Feb 07, 2020
Pavarottii:
People left the message and attacked the messenger... Nigerians truly deserve what they are getting from its leaders... Govt please tax carbonated drinks, increase fuel to 200, privatise our teaching hospitals so d poor won't near hospitals again, ban social media etc... That's Wat we need and am sure after this... People will still defend buhari...
you are not to say a word about something you dont know

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by Pavarottii(m): 10:06am On Feb 07, 2020
Eborty:
you are not to say a word about something you dont know
And Wat do u think that I don't know?
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by Eborty(m): 10:13am On Feb 07, 2020
Since democracy, what has the past administration done.? Instead they cant rebuild nigeria but crippled some sectors (our refineries) and privatise (NEPA) and sell the ones still working (NITEL). If you are have stayed in Apapa for the part 20 years, then you will see the diffferences between then and now. As this gov. has built all the federal roads which ever since the past gov. has been patching up consecutively with flood everyday by day and dead fishes(rotten) lying here and there. We are in democracy so why talking about military era if you not insane.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by arsenal33: 10:20am On Feb 07, 2020
clarocuzioo:

I guess after five years PDP is still in power.
I guess Buhari was in power from 1999 to 2015

2 Likes

Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by Eborty(m): 10:26am On Feb 07, 2020
Truth be told, even if our economy is bad then where is the money that have been saved for the past 16 years, so we can use it to build back the infrastructures this gov. is lacking, or the metro rail that the past immediate gov. cant do when nigeria was blooming. Please my fellow youth be observate and know when nigeria start failing.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by clarocuzioo(m): 10:32am On Feb 07, 2020
arsenal33:
I guess Buhari was in power from 1999 to 2015

And I guess PDP was in power in 1983, you sycophants following Buhari are yet to realise that his blame game will do us no good. He is in power now, he should sit his ass up and get to work. He started the nonesense blame game, then he is also being reminded that he is part of the problem in Nigeria.

Now he is in power so he should make a difference, and not continue with the blame game.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by Eborty(m): 10:35am On Feb 07, 2020
Pavarottii:

And Wat do u think that I don't know?
how do you expect a gov. to build structures ?. if not to tax it's citizen, so its normal to apply tax on commodities. Then, i wonder if you had understand this, then you wont be saying things like someone defending the PRESIDENT
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by Pavarottii(m): 10:37am On Feb 07, 2020
Eborty:
how do you expect a gov. to build structures ?. if not to tax it's citizen, so its normal to apply tax on commodities. Then, i wonder if you had understand this, then you wont be saying things like someone defending the PRESIDENT
Even with all the resources we av u must tax all sundries to generate money.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by Eborty(m): 10:45am On Feb 07, 2020
Just for your knowledge. whenever an economy gets bad like ours. It is of great interest that the government should draw funds or money from the national treasure, but since there is no treasure to draw funds from, then the masses we suffer with increase in taxes and commodities prizes, etc
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by Eborty(m): 10:47am On Feb 07, 2020
Pavarottii:

Even with all the resources we av u must tax all sundries to generate money.
PLEASE IF I MAY ASK, what resources ?.
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by Prompto: 11:08am On Feb 07, 2020
And you that is FrontWard from the shithole Abia is a joy to your bigoted tribe of pathetic haters n lunatics ba?

ifiokjohn:
No Wonder you are as Backward as your President.
You're a big Disgrace to Progressive People
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by ifiokjohn(m): 11:12am On Feb 07, 2020
Prompto:
And you that is FrontWard from the shithole Abia is a joy to your bigoted tribe of pathetic haters n lunatics ba?

Sorry am not Partisan like you. PDP failed and I abhor them for their failures but APC are same.

You Hate the PDP but the members you support in the APC where Former PDP members......You see why I said you Don't have an iota of sense in your Brain?!!
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by erinalex: 11:28am On Feb 07, 2020
anonimi:

Is barawo bubu no longer the president?
Are you the one who forced him to apply for the job for 12 years knowing that he was incompetent and incapable
I really pity you supporters of this failure who is an expert in the blame game since forever.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3386584_img20160209151617_jpeged2361e0101fcbb510a35c3f0f40701e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6435544_img20171219192854_jpege40c9e246bee16b1ba0e19f5685e78e1

instead of crying over the split milk, why don't you come up with the name or names of "competent and capable Nigerians" that can rule us successful.

Also highlight their chances of becoming d president.

Who stop Tinubu and late Michael otedola, from doing d metro line ?

Who stopped gej from doing d Niger bridge , having spend more than 5 yrs as d President ?
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by DAVE5(m): 11:29am On Feb 07, 2020
uthlaw:
Some people are still supporting PDP....they started all the project but for good 16years they could not complete one including their sectariat,yet they have followers....pple like suffer for this country gan!

Which party person wan follow for this country, both of them(apc n pdp) are just rotating same thieves all year round...

Its time we pursue all the old politicians, they are a town in our flesh as a nation

They have no vision or future for this country
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by DAVE5(m): 11:51am On Feb 07, 2020
clarocuzioo:

And I guess PDP was in power in 1983, you sycophants following Buhari are yet to realise that his blame game will do us no good. He is in power now, he should sit his ass up and get to work. He started the nonesense blame game, then he is also being reminded that he is part of the problem in Nigeria.

Now he is in power so he should make a difference, and not continue with the blame game.

He should sit his ass up and get to work, he can't give what he doesn't have nah

The man is a failure, if he were my father, I'd beg him to quietly find someone who has vision, encourage and build the person then step down so the country can move forward

I would have insulted him but since he is older than my father, let me reserve the right to insult him later

The man is no longer an option and he has proven that beyond reasonable doubts
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by arsenal33: 12:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
clarocuzioo:

PDP blaming Buhari for 30 years ago's deed is not blame game abi? You wailers sef
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by clarocuzioo(m): 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2020
arsenal33:
PDP blaming Buhari for 30 years ago's deed is not blame game abi? You wailers sef

Typical of Buhari apologists, always lacking comprehension, Buhari started the nonsense blame game in Nigerian politics, and it has not sonethe Nation any good. So let him forget the stupid blame game and get to work, if not we will end up going in circles in this country.
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by Jack500: 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
ifiokjohn:
Just as Jonathan was your President for Five years to and you could do nothing...

Anupama

I can see ur fingers is faster than ur brain. For yr information I campaigned and voted for Jonathan in 2011, but wen we saw his failure, we booted him out in 2015, we dont wail, we speak through the ballot. So, stop wailing and do something useful with ur life.
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by MoIbrahim: 5:10pm On Feb 07, 2020
Pavarottii:
please tell me who is not part of the problem?

I have told you two people who are a very big part of the problem
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by Splashme: 6:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
Nigeria's worst president
Re: Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project by AnanseK(m): 7:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
ifiokjohn:
now buhari is in power and its been five years but the failure hasn't even apologized to lagosians or even tried to rebuild it or pay Compensation to Lagosians. and to think you are a Lagosian or Yoruba too but you support the Only Human that truncated the growth of Lagos on it infancy.

So since Lagos is the richest state in the country what stops them from doing it in the last 35 years? And do you know that Lagos had the greatest proportion of PTF spending by Buhari between 1995 to 1999? Don’t be sentimental or bring in any hateful rumors , with Chief Rufus Giwa as the Lagos representative on PTF board and Buhari as Chairman billions of Naira had gone into lagos projects from Road networks at least a total of 100km network of excellent roads in all parts of lagos and all done by Julius Berger, Water Supply- Ikoyi VIctoria Island , Ikeja and Apapa. The Ijora Power Station where Lagos state government requested for the money instead of direct intervention as they have their own existing contractors and 1.5 billion Naira was given to them in 1997-98.
In healthcare many hospitals including LUTH and Lagos General Hospital had the most extensive interventions, the sickle cell center was completely rebuilt with library and everything by PTF. 85 % of all drug manufacturing factories in Nigeria are in Lagos and Ogun . PTF intervened in all these factories by spending billions of Naira to bring them up to date and licensed for production and then given contracts to produce and distribute drugs. I can go on and on and on....
I don’t want any silly and ignorant response to this. If your brain is not working please don’t respond. This is a matter of knowledge and not dirty bigotry , ethnicity and bitter politics. Respond only if you know what you are talking about.
As for the metro rail so called contract. It was only a plan not a contract and there wasn’t the money to pay for it and start at the time. Remember that Buhari spent only one year and 8 months as head of the military council.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 / Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos / North Has More Resources Than Niger Delta - Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.