Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Which Car Was Your First Car? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Car Was Your First Car? (25495 Views)

Bouncer Laments After His Car Was Disfigured By Boys He Bounced In Edo (Video) / Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by sheu01: 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2020
EASY32:
1998 Pencil Light Toyota Camry. Drove it for 6years But changed it because I don't wanna start going to mechanic often and needed to change. So I upgraded to Corolla Sports 2005
What's your experience on 2005 corolla sport and pls tell me d size of d tire u use for it. Follow come tire is 195/65R15

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by kunki90(m): 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2020
Honda Accord 03
Bought it last year,
Not a single fix up till date.
Car was overpriced for Nigerian Used but was worth the price eventually.

Plan to change to an es330 Lexus later this year

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by chaloskyx: 4:21pm On Feb 09, 2020
Honda accord 2007 discussion continues

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by kelvinnaira: 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2020
Mercedes Benz
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by virtex18: 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2020
A MB 190E
Loved the baby but had to sell her off

5 Likes

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by JoshTrillions(m): 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2020
Fixed
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Legendguru: 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2020
Benz
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by adanny01(m): 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2020
Gwagone:

So what's your point?

The point is that Honda do not make bad products, thats why millions of people buy it and don't regret. Some people buy it and move to the newer models and stick to Honda. Do your home work and find out why some people love it while you will "never buy any Honda products" because of "what people say about that car, my uncle enjoys repairing that fvcking car all the time."

You've made your mind up regardless of the manufacturer being top 5 in the world and has models that topped selling charts in the US. What makes you think you know better than those millions who use it. I have a friend who bought a 2002 Toyota Corolla but regretted doing it. He has ported to a 2007 Accord from reviews and he feels at home. Does that make all Toyota products bad? No, his case was that he got a lemon and didn't like the sour taste.

A car like a 2002-07 Nissan Murano is so unreliable but people buy it.

If you will never buy a Honda, which car will you buy? Certainly your legs will be the most reliable means of travel if your standards are that high.

What about Honda power bikes?

Will you not fly in the Honda aeroplane?.

Or will not have a Honda land mower?

What about if your wife or mum cooks stew that the tomatoes was grinded with the Honda single stroke engine in your neighborhood?

5 Likes

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Gwagone: 5:23pm On Feb 09, 2020
adanny01:

The point is that Honda do not make bad products, thats why millions of people buy it and don't regret. Some people buy it and move to the newer models and stick to Honda. Do your home work and find out why some people love it while you will "never buy any Honda products" because of "what people say about that car, my uncle enjoys repairing that fvcking car all the time."

You've made your mind up regardless of the manufacturer being top 5 in the world and has models that topped selling charts in the US. What makes you think you know better than those millions who use it. I have a friend who bought a 2002 Toyota Corolla but regretted doing it. He has ported to a 2007 Accord from reviews and he feels at home. Does that make all Toyota products bad? No, his case was that he got a lemon and didn't like the sour taste.

If you will never buy a Honda, which car will you buy? Certainly your legs will be the most reliable means of travel if your standards are that high.

What about if your wife or mum cooks stew that the tomatoes was grinded with the Honda single stroke engine in your neighborhood?
Okay.......
Is it on top 'your 1st car'?
What's your point exactly? Cos
I still don't get..
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by BestUzo: 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
SirWhiteFish:
My first came with a tinted glass with factory sealed doors.
It had a slim line of army blue and silver color body work.
The tires were Plastic ceramic like and dark, with firm grip to enhance quick responsive brake..
It came with a double tubor 2+ Conan batteries -1. It could reach an amazing speed of 25 inches in 3 seconds.

It was a toy car
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by blank(f): 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2020
Toyota Corolla 2008 - tear nylon. Had to sell when I moved abroad for a few yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by GOVERNMENTBOY20: 6:21pm On Feb 09, 2020
blank:
Toyota Corolla 2008 - tear nylon. Had to sell when I moved abroad for a few yrs.
you could have kept it tho... Or gave lend it out for uber
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by whatmoreng: 6:45pm On Feb 09, 2020
Wealthoptulent:

Bros I advise go for any old Corolla even if to buy part bit by bit and assemble your Corolla in your yard grin cheesy.. pencil light or envelope is a good car as toks but after 2 years u start having consistent issues jus two
1. Timming belt issues [u will be having extra belt in the trunk just like extra tyre].
2. Shock absorber ? Hmm 6 months intervals later u go dey use with no shocks���� .
angry cheesy
3. Engine seats? Hmm change gear and that gigi gigi sound angry angry ma foo mafo! Get Corolla and thank me later.

For say get bmw but you cant copen being ur 1st car, make u no buy use 6months den rest car 6months! It's a technical solving car n not mechanical! No light on dashboard is fancy! One light on, 1 new prob arising n quick quench bfr e quench u for road side! Depends on ur income sha
Thanks man. How much budget do you think is enough for what you recommend
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Famoustemmy(m): 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
keke rally.. I neva buy...... someone should come and dash me his/her car wey den no too like..

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2020
whatmoreng:

Thanks man. How much budget do you think is enough for what you recommend

If you want Corolla 03 to 07 jus have 1.7 to 2m for clear n clean deal. But if a must to buy 9ja used in truth is if u have 1m u go see Corolla but kind Corolla u go see I no fit say [cars generally ma luck both 9ja or toks]. But for used for 9ja have 1.2 to 1.3, its must give u what you want! If you have 300k 9ja go give u car to drive or I mean car to drive u..... especially those Nissan pathfinder... car for old chiefs [motor baale *oniregun of Egun land* *ezebike of arochukwu land] grin cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by MarianaTrench: 8:12pm On Feb 09, 2020
adanny01:

Are you a Honda sales agent? grin

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by PicLtd: 8:12pm On Feb 09, 2020
greatbrian:

Nice choice of car. Looks like A4 08. Men nfin beats Audi. Am a big fan, I use an A4 06 presently and nfin beats the ruggedness and comfort. Nice baby u got there.

What does the fuel economy of Audi feel like?
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by MarianaTrench: 8:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
nams77:

As if that is a good trait. An abused car is functioning below optimal level. Imagine nigerians removing thermostat in a vehicle undecided

I did not say that poor maintenance culture is a good trait.

But the fact remains that most Nigerians have very poor maintenance culture!
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by greatbrian(m): 8:46pm On Feb 09, 2020
PicLtd:

What does the fuel economy of Audi feel like?

Fuel economy is perfect bro........ Audi to me is the underdog I the car world u should try it
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by PicLtd: 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
greatbrian:

Fuel economy is perfect bro........ Audi to me is the underdog I the car world u should try it

Would you compare its fuel economy with Corolla?
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by honda001: 9:46pm On Feb 09, 2020
chaloskyx:
Honda accord 2007 discussion continues
how is the car faring??
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by greatbrian(m): 9:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
PicLtd:

Would you compare its fuel economy with Corolla?

Have never used a corolla but I believe its not about competition its about using a car that serves you well. Audi is rugged,classy and elegant. Its an underdog like I said. Have used Honda, Lexus IS250, and few more. Hv also used a 2012 C300 and currently now am Audi is giving some Overheating issue so am using a Matrix 2013 I bought last week till the Audi issue is rectified. Buy I can tell you I will still pick the Audi over this cars. Its a machine
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
My baby. 2016 Accord LX

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by adanny01(m): 10:40pm On Feb 09, 2020
Gwagone:

Okay.......
Is it on top 'your 1st car'?
What's your point exactly? Cos
I still don't get..

Let me try again.

You said "you will never buy a Honda" right?

My point is you have decided to follow the advise of ignorant people and considered it popular advise when it is not. In fact, millions of people buy Honda, Honda is among the top 5 car makers in the world, they are in the same league with Toyota, Benz and the rest.

Based on your stand, I wish that you have a rethink, why do millions buy Honda and you say you will never buy it? Personally, I do ask myself reasons when my decision seems to deviate from popular opinion. I hope you check your reasons again.

If the tire pull out is the issue, you will do yourself a favour if you asked those who like Honda despite the leg pull issue.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Gwagone: 10:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
adanny01:

Let me try again.

You said "you will never buy a Honda" right?

My point is you have decided to follow the advise of ignorant people and considered it popular advise when it is not. In fact, millions of people buy Honda, Honda is among the top 5 car makers in the world, they are in the same league with Toyota, Benz and the rest.

Based on your stand, I wish that you have a rethink, why do millions buy Honda and you say you will never buy it? Personally, I do ask myself reasons when my decision seems to deviate from popular opinion. I hope you check your reasons again.

If the tire pull out is the issue, you will do yourself a favour if you asked those who like Honda despite the leg pull issue.
Lemme get a cold beer this time
I strongly agree that Honda is in the same league with other makers..
I know lots and lots of people love and desire for Honda. I think they say 'do not enter bikes on express, but people still go ahead and ply bikes on the express despite the warner given.
About the tire pulling out, I am still a young growing man, that pulling of legs while the car is on motion is the only problem I see Honda are not good in. Well, my popsi work prove that to me. Hondas has the best air condition ever for me ooo.
Finally, nobody knows what tomorrow holds....

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by adanny01(m): 11:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
Rahym001:

I disagree totally with you

The person you quoted is not even aware that removing thermostat is abuse. This thread has many ignorant people.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
wamide042:
Most of the people saying Honda is not good and keep complaining about how the ball joint removes, i want to believe that’s their own fault
Nigerians normally don’t have a maintenance culture..
My first car was VW jetta 2001 model. The car was a beast on the road, i used it to 3 years and i never had any issues with it. Now I drive a 2014 honda accord, i have been using it since 2016, and i can tell you i have never experience any ball joint removal or any faults at all...
when I wanted to buy the car then, i was contemplating on buying a Nigerian used one, but my mechanic said something that really got me.. like’ bros the worst tokunbo car is better than the best Nigeria used car... i almost fainted...but today i am enjoying the honda and i am a regular traveller..
Toyotas are just being over hyped with empty interiors..
Honda V6 engine?
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Gwagone: 11:06pm On Feb 09, 2020
adanny01:

The person you quoted is not even aware that removing thermostat is abuse. This thread has many ignorant people.
Is allowed
Do your work bros

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by bigt2(m): 1:19am On Feb 10, 2020
My first car = Renault 19 chamade (picture attached) https://www.nairaland.com/1581608/tuning-old-car-renault-19

2nd car = Honda Bullet Tiger face. (beast! anywhere barrack boy is going, can carry 10 too grin)

Next car >= Mazda Premacy (Manual is Bae) or Camry Pencil.

We move that way till we get to Chevrolet Camaro God willing...

#CC cool

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by HRtechnique: 4:24am On Feb 10, 2020
Orpe7:
Audi 80 manual engine
Then I got a Honda baby boy then Hyundai Elantra 08
The car show me eh

Which car show you?
How's the Elantra?

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Orpe7(m): 5:31am On Feb 10, 2020
HRtechnique:

Which car show you?
How's the Elantra?

Audi 80

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Sosanya93(m): 7:21am On Feb 10, 2020
Nissan Almera 2003

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

After A Ghastly Accident, How Can I Fix Or Repair This Car(pictures) / Woman Receives Ford SUV As Birthday Gift (Photo, Video) / Daimler To Buy ₦8.3 trillion Worth Of Batteries To Power Its Electric Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.