Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,710 members, 7,851,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:50 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). (65006 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2010
ronaldo and messi are anomalies. they are freaks of nature. we might not see their kind in another 20 yrs. comparing a no-mark eden hazard to ronaldo/messi is a delusion of grandeur.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 11:16pm On Dec 20, 2010
I think any team Dudu says is finished tops the table

Abeg Dudu pls when would Bayern be "finished"
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 11:24pm On Dec 20, 2010
dayokanu:

I think any team Dudu says is finished tops the table

Abeg Dudu pls when would Bayern be "finished"

isn't this too much for mumuface? he's been rooting for man city and guess what? man city lost at home tonight to everton. he rooted for arsenal and the gaynners lost to tottenham, man utd, west brom and chelsea. mumuface is the epitomy of failure. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by chic2pimp(m): 11:29pm On Dec 20, 2010
DIABY IS THE BEST DRIBBLER IN EUROPE

VELA IS POTENTIALLY AS GOOD AS MESSI

NOW IT IS EDEN HAZARD POTENTIALLY HAVING THE RESALE VALUE OF RONALDO

Gayyners never cease to amase me.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 11:42pm On Dec 20, 2010
cou-gar:

isn't this too much for mumuface? he's been rooting for man city and guess what? man city lost at home tonight to everton. he rooted for arsenal and the gaynners lost to tottenham, man utd, west brom and chelsea. mumuface is the epitomy of failure. grin

He is a true fan of the club. He epitomises what the club stands for.

If you see any succesful Arsenal fan either he defencts or the failure starts to affect him.

Cant you see that the sensible ones are considered lesser Arsenal fans? E.g Eldee, Proudly9ja,A40 and even Debo atimes before the sun is up.

But the retards like Toba, Dope2much, edoyad are the GAYyners keeping it real
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 11:55pm On Dec 20, 2010
and mumuface is a recidivist. he is hopelessly deluded. even the most passionate gaynners on this thread are beginning to see the flaws within the team but honourable mumuface will still be here beating his chest that they are ready to challenge for the league. i tire for mumuface. cheesy just watch out for him when they face chelsea/united at the emirates. . . . .he will still tell us arsenal are ready and will beat the big two. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 2:43am On Dec 21, 2010
See me see trouble o, who are these cats, dogs and Donkeys making noise on our thread over a player Arsenal hasn't even bought?  undecided another thing dey this matter ni?
I make a case for Arsene to buy a player and una no go gree us sleep, una dey fear? Wait until Old red nose goes for the same player in January and watch cougar change tune or if he somehow ends up in Bayern how DK will start comparing the same player to Lupoli who left Arsenal when B52 was still a mama's boy.

eldee:

@
No, you're saying all things being equal, developing at the expected pace, he'll end up a  £60-80mil player . . . which is complete B.S.
And save yourself the task of justifying your statement, you'll just cause more hassle for yourself.

And what do yu see that suggests he can't?  undecided
with what he's achieved at 19, the sky is Hazard's limit, still its yur choice what yu choose to believe about where the boy will end up the keyword here is potential.
If I said he will be sold off for a sum as high as CR7 then yu can question the statement, except yu're telling me there is no difference between potential and achievement.
A bit of a pity the man who claims to have discovered the english language has jumped on the bandwagon of sensationalism.

eldee:

True that . . . Duduspace just gets the blame for most opaks on this thread because im like to dey form Voltron.
When you see sumn like that, you stay off it, not try to justify it . . .

Duduspace came and started saying, 'erm, he's got the pace and the . . . ' I was like STFU.
where yu see blazin sword for my hand abi yu self don dey share smokin pipe with DK? what is wrong in analyzing a player and stating where yu think he would improve yur team with an approaching transfer window?  undecided
This player is still a Lille owned player as at today so I wonder where the accusations of bias is from. E be like say these chappies wan make noise. Abeg make una enjoy yurselves, me I dey go celebrate christmas. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by eldee(m): 2:51am On Dec 21, 2010
duduspace:

And what do yu see that suggests he can't?  undecided
with what he's achieved at 19, the sky is Hazard's limit, still its yur choice what yu choose to believe about where the boy will end up the keyword here is potential.
If I said he will be sold off for a sum as high as CR7 then yu can question the statement, except yu're telling me there is no difference between potential and achievement.
A bit of a pity the man who claims to have discovered the english language has jumped on the bandwagon of sensationalism.

You really don't understand the meaning of potential do you??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 3:04am On Dec 21, 2010
eldee:

You really don't understand the meaning of potential do you??
Kindly define it eldee, I'm curious. With Hazard's antecedents methinks he is the very definition of potential such as CR7 was when he was bought by Fergie. You would agree it is not normal for a 19 year old to already have 17 full international caps for a country like Belgium won't yu?

Here is one of the definitions of potential and the one I had in mind when I made the original statement:
a latent excellence or ability that may or may not be developed.
Now convince me I made a verbal faux pas in my original statement or can it be just the mention of CR7 that has got the usual suspects up in arms?

Bottom line is, this chap aint an Arsenal player so those who accuse me of bias and delusion are completely off the mark, so I can't even be bothered responding to people like Sauron.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by eldee(m): 3:33am On Dec 21, 2010
@duduspace

At 18 Rooney was one of the most important players in England . . . he was the soul of England at the Euros, did that mean he had £80mil potential??
Is Belgium bigger than England??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 3:57am On Dec 21, 2010
eldee:

@duduspace

At 18 Rooney was one of the most important players in England . . . he was the soul of England at the Euros, did that mean he had £80mil potential??
Is Belgium bigger than England??
fair enough eldee, but would you really say Rooney doesn't have that potential if for example Man City wanted him and Manure played hardball to get as much money from them as they could? I'm sure even Fergie when he bought CR7 never thought of an 80m transfer fee but he knew he was buying quality paying 18m for an 18 year old.
What potential transfer value exactly would yu place on Messi despite the fact that he hasnt even commanded a transfer fee of any sort and might never if he remains with Barca (80m? >80m? 200m?).

When I made the statement, the farthest thing from my mind was an 80m transfer I was only drawing parallels between buying an 18 year old prodigy and then selling him on for a whole lot more when near his peak in his mid 20s, I am as amazed as you are that Debo equated it to saying he would be sold on for the same amount CR7 was sold for. With what I see of Hazard though, he is one who could be easily worth between 40m - 80m within the next 6 years if he continues to progress as he has. Keep in mind though, the fact that potential is often not actualized.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by hannie: 4:06am On Dec 21, 2010
This duduface sef grin

how can u be talking about potential and mentioning Rooney and Messi in the same statement ? shocked next you will mention potential value of Kaka being jacked up if he comes back from injury grin

see guy, make I tell u something wey dem no dey gree tell u for here, u post a lot of grammarian bunkum successfully ONLY making a few points here and there embarassed IF YOU POST LESS, MAYBE U WILL MAKE MORE SENSE AND SAVE US SOME OF THIS LENGTHY POTENTIAL CRAP . . .

Eden Hazard has got potential, yes! is he the only player we have discussed here ? we just keep deluding ourselves about boys Wenger dont give a hoot about . . .I don tire to read speculations about Ben Arfa, Loic Remy, Lukaku, Hangerland, Akinfeeyev etc una no dey tire ? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 4:31am On Dec 21, 2010
hannie:

see guy, make I tell u something wey dem no dey gree tell u for here, u post a lot of grammarian bunkum successfully ONLY making a few points here and there   embarassed IF YOU POST LESS, MAYBE U WILL MAKE MORE SENSE AND SAVE US SOME OF THIS LENGTHY POTENTIAL CRAP . . .

Thanks for the revelation Prophet Dr. Kit that I do make a few points, I think some would rather say I make none at all, but thats their problem and not mine. anymore prophecies?  yur humble servant is attentive. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by ritchboy(m): 9:17am On Dec 21, 2010
If Hazard is WORTH about 20m as a teenager, why can't he be SOLD for 3-4 x that in his prime? Spot the difference. . .

Hazard is easily one of the most promising players on earth.

Anyone who thinks Hazard isn't a potential 60-80m player either (a) never seen the boy play, (b) doesnt know the meaning of the word "potential", (c) has the brain-power of a comatose raccoon. . . Or all the above cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by ritchboy(m): 9:32am On Dec 21, 2010
Now convince me I made a verbal faux pas in my original statement or[b] can it be just the mention of CR7 that has got the usual suspects up in arms?[/b]

You should know by now most folks here arent very bright. . . Once the names Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane etc are mentioned, the little intelligence they have flies out the window. Those names are golden and should never be put in the same paragraph with any other under any circumstance.

To folks like dK, Messi is taller than Crouch, Ronaldo is stronger than Samba, Zidane has more hair than Carroll, etc.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Ibime(m): 10:42am On Dec 21, 2010
I remember a certain punk called Bitchboy making inane comments when I once prognosticated the potential of this Hazard fellow.

The punk asked me why I never predicted Messis potential. Can you imagine such a neanderthal asking why I never saw Messis potential in 2008? I wondered whether he had just emerged from his cave at that moment.

That was the first time this punk ever heard of Hazard, and now he's here lauding the young mans ability.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dipo2much(m): 11:41am On Dec 21, 2010
ritchboy:

To folks like dK, Messi is taller than Crouch, Ronaldo is stronger than Samba, Zidane has more hair than Carroll, etc.

grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 12:08pm On Dec 21, 2010
duduspace:

fair enough eldee, but would you really say Rooney doesn't have that potential if for example Man City wanted him and Manure played hardball to get as much money from them as they could? I'm sure even Fergie when he bought CR7 never thought of an 80m transfer fee but he knew he was buying quality paying 18m for an 18 year old.
What potential transfer value exactly would yu place on Messi despite the fact that he hasnt even commanded a transfer fee of any sort and might never if he remains with Barca (80m? >80m? 200m?).

When I made the statement, the farthest thing from my mind was an 80m transfer I was only drawing parallels between buying an 18 year old prodigy and then selling him on for a whole lot more when near his peak in his mid 20s, I am as amazed as you are that Debo equated it to saying he would be sold on for the same amount CR7 was sold for. With what I see of Hazard though, he is one who could be easily worth between 40m - 80m within the next 6 years if he continues to progress as he has. Keep in mind though, the fact that potential is often not actualized.

another disgraceful comment from mumuface's stable. ronaldo was bought for 12m not 18m. the same 12m wenger paid to buy walcott. why isn't walcott a world class player after almost 5 years with arsenal? eden hazard has got potential just like welbeck, carlos vela, djalo and kakuta. it's potential which still needs to be developed by a good handler and state-of-the-art training facility. ronaldo's sale is a one-off. madrid's obsession made his transfer fee to skyrocket and florentino perez already promised madrid faithfuls he would get cristiano ronaldo at any cost. it does not mean eden hazard or kakuta will command the same transfer fee. matter of fact, they can never be rated that high. ozil(a more well rounded player) isn't even up to 20m.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2010
@cougar,
Shocking analysis,but it's duduspace,so nothing is new.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by debosky(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2010
cou-gar:

ronaldo and messi are anomalies. they are freaks of nature. we might not see their kind in another 20 yrs. comparing a no-mark eden hazard to ronaldo/messi is a delusion of grandeur.

This is potentially the most sensible statement ever made by Sharon. This comparison is outlandish and unreasonable. It's like saying every web developer can become Google, or every social networking site can become Facebook.

Heck even Cesc that has won a WC medal and has played in the CL final and is Captain of Arsenal FC is not being touted for an £80m transfer fee, yet we should believe someone playing in France (where talented wingers are a dime a dozen) is suddenly 'potentially' worth £80m?  

duduspace:

Kindly define it eldee, I'm curious. With Hazard's antecedents methinks he is the very definition of potential such as CR7 was when he was bought by Fergie. You would agree it is not normal for a 19 year old to already have 17 full international caps for a country like Belgium won't yu?

This is Belgium we're talking about, not Spain or France. . . .having 17 caps doesn't mean he's worth £80m by any guise. Theo has 15 caps and he's only 21. . . . .if not for injuries he'd have had more, but even if he had 20 caps at 19, no one would claim that is evidence of £80m potential.

Besides, how many caps did Schweiny have at 19? Is he worth £80m?

duduspace:

This takes the cake - what is more sensational than claiming an £80m 'potential' transfer fee for a player who is still plying his trade for Lille and has been known about for years now?

duduspace:

I'm sure even Fergie when he bought CR7 never thought of an 80m transfer fee but he knew he was buying quality paying 18m for an 18 year old.

You know this yet you're trying to defend the indefensible? We might as well say that any good young player can command a transfer fee of £80m.

Heck since we're comparing CR7, we might as well go and look at embryos conceived in CR7's home town in Portugal and say they have a potential transfer fee of £80m. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2010
debosky:

Heck since we're comparing CR7, we might as well go and look at embryos conceived in CR7's home town in Portugal and say they have a potential transfer fee of £80m. grin grin

like bebe? grin grin grin grin grin grin

StarBoard:

@cougar,
Shocking analysis,but it's duduspace,so nothing is new.

even his comrades know he's deluded. what more can we say? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2010
cou-gar:

even his comrades know he's deluded. what more can we say? grin
Basic neccessity/pre-requisite for being an Arsenal fan.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 1:49pm On Dec 21, 2010
debosky:

Heck even Cesc that has won a WC medal and has played in the CL final and is Captain of Arsenal FC is not being touted for an £80m transfer fee, yet we should believe someone playing in France (where talented wingers are a dime a dozen) is suddenly 'potentially' worth £80m? 

This takes the cake - what is more sensational than claiming an £80m 'potential' transfer fee for a player who is still plying his trade for Lille and has been known about for years now?

There you go again, You put an 80m value, I never did so the sensationalism comes from you, all I said was "Potential Incredible value" .

debosky:

You know this yet you're trying to defend the indefensible? We might as well say that any good young player can command a transfer fee of £80m.

I've defended nothing than to point out that you've sensationalized what I said. If the man who created Grammar can't differentiate between Potential and attainment what hope do the mere mortals jumping on his bandwagon have? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by debosky(m): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2010
^^ Stop trying to be clever by half (more like by quarter grin)

If you mention CR7, what other figure are we supposed to arrive at? If you want to backtrack, just say I went OTT and end it there.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by eldee(m): 1:54pm On Dec 21, 2010
@Dudu

Will you agree with me that Fabregas developed at an extraordinary pace??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 2:02pm On Dec 21, 2010
debosky:

^^ Stop trying to be clever by half (more like by quarter grin)

If you mention CR7, what other figure are we supposed to arrive at? If you want to backtrack, just say I went OTT and end it there.

If you consider it OTT I have no problems with that, I don't. Optimistic? Yes cos I mean well for the boy but OTT? No. Saying a youth prodigy has potential incredible sell on value a la Christiano Ronaldo does not mean an 80m transfer fee? only that he is someone who could be sold off for a lot more, time and chance permitting? I don't have a crystal ball so can't say how much exactly he can be sold on for hence the use of the word potential.

eldee:

@Dudu

Will you agree with me that Fabregas developed at an extraordinary pace??

Definitely he did, and remember we rejected a 33m bid this summer (I don't think Arsenal should take anything less than 45m for Cesc IMO) and he is yet to win anything of note with us.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by eldee(m): 2:25pm On Dec 21, 2010
duduspace:

Definitely he did, and remember we rejected a 33m bid this summer (I don't think Arsenal should take anything less than 45m for Cesc IMO) and he is yet to win anything of note with us.

Forget what you think as an Arsenal fan . . . do you think he has an £80mil valuation??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 2:34pm On Dec 21, 2010
eldee:

Forget what you think as an Arsenal fan . . . do you think he has an £80mil valuation??

If you ask me for my opinion, no player is worth 80m, definitely not Cesc Fabregas, on current valuation though, I'd put Cesc's fair market value at about 45m.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by eldee(m): 2:37pm On Dec 21, 2010
duduspace:

If you ask me for my opinion, no player is worth 80m, definitely not Cesc Fabregas, on current valuation though, I'd put Cesc's fair market value at about 45m.

My case rests.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by debosky(m): 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2010
Enough of the back and forth - 'a la' means in the manner of. In the manner of CR7 means in the region of £80m - there is no other interpretation.

That is clearly an exaggeration, unless of course, you apply it to all 'youth prodigies' which then makes it silly.

Drawing a line under that distraction, we can now return to our own players.

I have a specific issue to take up with A-40

Saying Wenger destroyed Eboue's career is being economical with the truth. What happened was very clear - Wenger saw that Eboue was very deficient defensively - poor positional play and a tendency to make rash tackles. On the other hand, he had pace and could trouble the opposition with his running (if not always his crossing). At the same time, his tackling wasn't completely bad, so he could provide some midfield solidity as well.

Given the foregoing, he went for a 'born' defender in Sagna - someone with the positional sense, tackling ability and pace to match. When a better defender is ahead of you and you get less playing time, your form is bound to deteriorate. However, that wasn't due to Wenger moving him as such, but more due to Sagna being a better defender and thus reducing his playing time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by hannie: 3:11pm On Dec 21, 2010
debosky:

Enough of the back and forth - 'a la' means in the manner of. In the manner of CR7 means in the region of £80m - there is no other interpretation.

That is clearly an exaggeration, unless of course, you apply it to all 'youth prodigies' which then makes it silly.

I have a specific issue to take up with A-40

Saying Wenger destroyed Eboue's career is being economical with the truth. What happened was very clear - Wenger saw that Eboue was very deficient defensively - poor positional play and a tendency to make rash tackles. On the other hand, he had pace and could trouble the opposition with his running (if not always his crossing). At the same time, his tackling wasn't completely bad, so he could provide some midfield solidity as well.

Given the foregoing, he went for a 'born' defender in Sagna - someone with the positional sense, tackling ability and pace to match. When a better defender is ahead of you and you get less playing time, your form is bound to deteriorate. However, that wasn't due to Wenger moving him as such, but more due to Sagna being a better defender and thus reducing his playing time.

Wenger used Sagna to stunt Eboue's development after he utilized Eboue's attacking instincts as selling point coupled with age to offload Lauren . . .tell me something new!

Why hasnt he gone for someone to liquidate Clichy since Gibbs cant stay fit to save his life ? why do we forever keep factoring in Song as an alternate CB ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 3:14pm On Dec 21, 2010
debosky:

The only youth prodigies I'll appy that potential to at present are Hazard and Lukaku, for their age they are miles ahead of their contemporaries both at international and league level and are already raking up individual awards.

debosky:

sighs in relief Who would you recommend in January? even if Arsene is keeping the coffers under lock and key?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (100)

Manchester City vs Liverpool - (4 - 0) On 2nd July 2020 / Brentford Vs Manchester United (4 - 0) On 13th August 2022 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.