Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). (64027 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by HNIC(m): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2011
debosky:

Ignasi and Squillaci?

This will definitely be interesting. . . .a back four that has never featured together.
From what I hear, Miquel is a spanish boy with a big heart
but I would have prefered this at the Emirates
not at a hostile pitch in east london!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2011
I don't mean to sound harsh but Ive seen Miguel in one or two games and he doesn't inspire me with any confidence. I hope he does well tonday though.

Asides Miguel, we've got a team that should beat Leyton Orient.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 6:03pm On Feb 20, 2011
Maybe we should convert Chamakh to a midfielder, His pass rate must be as high as Denilson's grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Cougar2: 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2011
HNIC:

Just saw that also
and it comes just a few days after the battle at the Camp Nou
Anyways, if Fergie fields those 2nd rate players that played against Crawley yesterday . . . .we are as good as being in the next round.
BTW, we need to beat Leyton orient first
These games are coming on thick and fast

i heard the same news 3 yrs ago when arsenal visited old trafford with sparkling form. after 90 mins, wenger's team lost 4-0 to fergie. the excuse then was wenger cares more about the league and the champions league than the fa cup. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by debosky(m): 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2011
Can we sell Almunia tomorrow? The guy is worse than useless.

Song needs to get his head straight and stop playing idiotic balls all over the midfield.

Yet another game that we don't need.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by slimshay(m): 7:28pm On Feb 20, 2011
Come, I am beginning to suspect this replay thing na gimmick to make more money this year. Haba!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2011
Another extra game. Them dey pay us for these extra games? Abi its another ploy by Arsene and the board to raise money from gatefees?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2011
Leyton Orient home fans singing "We're better than Barcelona".
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by sirwebs(m): 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2011
Wenger keeps giving these guys chance after chance and they keep letting him down time after time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by mystikal(m): 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2011
proudly9ja:

Leyton Orient home fans singing "We're better than Barcelona".

Now, thats funny
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by lordimpaq(m): 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2011
it is very simple,

they were not interested in this game.

slimshay:

Come, I am beginning to suspect this replay thing na gimmick to make more money this year. Haba!!!!

i actually thought of this after they scored, but its not impossible sha,

but another unnecessary game brought upon themselves
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by mystikal(m): 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2011
I like the fact that we assist the lower divisions to increase their revenues!! we did it with leeds, nearly with Huddersfield!! #Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by lordimpaq(m): 9:02pm On Feb 20, 2011
mystikal:

I like the fact that we assist the lower divisions to increase their revenues!! we did it with leeds, nearly with Huddersfield!! #Arsenal

frankly, thats a lame excuse, grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by sirwebs(m): 9:08pm On Feb 20, 2011
On Twitter Wilshere doesn't think we need a new CB.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by slimshay(m): 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2011
Ogbeni Lordi, lighten up, tis a joke.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 11:05pm On Feb 20, 2011
slimshay:

Me sef don dey hear that conspiracy theory and I have almost started to believe it, thats an extra 6m already this season as the emirates makes about 3m per matchday. Abeg what are people's impression of Miquel? a bit suspect in terms of pace but not as slow as Senderos and will definitely improve physically but good composure, aerial ability and impressive composure to play out from the back. I liked what I saw at a level at least higher than u18 or reserve level, He'll likely join the loan brigade next season.

I don't have much complaints about the game, some of our players actually need more game time anyway and its good for Rosicky to break his duck, we played like we were practicing and we almost coasted through all the same. We will put it to bed at the emirates for sure.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by hannie: 11:50pm On Feb 20, 2011
A victory over Barca and we seem to feel like we have won f@ckall . . .

now, am not complaining too bitterly about the results but damn! I need to take out some players . . .

* what does that ediot Denilson add to that midfield ? no brilliant passes, no decent nor even crunchy tackles, no control over the midfield , geez!

* Almunia ? Debosky, come and defend ur best friend o . . .I cant shout! agbaya that cant keep his yansh tight grin

* Gibbs ? who do we blame ? AW for less playing time ? his injury woes or even Clichy having raised his game again ? Gibbs should have done beta against Tehoue . . .

* Chamakh ? whoever argued that this guy ever had/has anything on RVP must have seen/needs to see his shrink by now . . .that guy is NEVER going to be an Arsenal great, MARK MY WORDS!

* Bendtner ? AW needs to acknowledge the fact that we need better strikers than the likes of NIC and CHAMAKH . . .there is no time to wait forever for a player to blossom, accepted Nic is courageous and ambitious but Arsenal has gone beyond a club that will keep performing TRIAL & ERROR experiments . . .if he desnt shape up, he should be shipped out (na here una go dey, if hin perform well I go remind u say hin beta pass Chamakh LOL)

* WENGER ? Uncle, u should have simply brought in Cesc in the last 1/4 of the game for special effects, that should have killed the game, instead am beginning to see that its true u getting replays as a revenue-raking tool grin

well, who are we to complain . . .we have Obagoal's team on Sunday and we rested RVP, CESC, NASRI,CLICHY, WILSHERE and DJ20, WE GET TO WIN A TRAY NEXT!!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 1:08am On Feb 21, 2011
^^^
Take am easy, dere's still Stoke on wednesday. Abi dem don postpone that game?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by hannie: 1:20am On Feb 21, 2011
^ apologies wink

but abeg no talk about Messi for here again if u no want make we fight for here ? every time he scores in that their useless La Liga u come here to self-service over Messi, what rubbish! angry

I have told u that Messi is not as good as u cats make him out to be, give him a good team that can shackle him hard and u will see that he is all gragra and no end result, give BARCA a team that can match them style for style with enough MENTAL CAPACITY u will see them bow . . .

I detest the way u keep hyping him anytime he scores in that 2 team La Liga . . .at the WC, he was zero, against Silvestre, he was somebody, agaisnt KOSILEYIN . . .he was a NOBODY, so whats the hype about ?

to boot, the game was Kosileyin's biggest game and even Wilshere and TECH9's grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 1:32am On Feb 21, 2011
lool, Messi whether u like it or not, is one damn good player.

Even you have to agree that Kos did excellently well keeping him quiet. I think the key is not giving him space but I don't know if its luck or something else, there's this funny one-two he keeps doing with opposition defenders just like the one he did against Silvestre. He managed to pull some of those on wednesday too.

But that is not to say we won't get the result in the return leg. I believe with our first team, we can match them and get the result we need.

As for today's game, let's assume we ddnt win because the boys hardly play together as a team. But honestly, those boys need to step up considering the number of games we've got coming up. We can't keep expecting Cesc to come in and change things.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 12:21pm On Feb 21, 2011
eldee:

@Hannie

Abeg forget that side . . . Messi is Legend.
He's got the finishing skills of a striker, his thru-pass abilities will match Fabregas any bleeping day and his pace will compete with Walcotts.
And his flair is direct, unlike Ronaldinho's . . . did Ronaldinho have 40 goals and 20 assists in February??

This.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Ibime(m): 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2011
Hannie is drinking haterade.

His continual focus on the Germany-Argentina game as evidence of Messi's fallibility just shows that he is a shallow thinker.

Im sure someone said "football is a team game. . . when the collective is well set-up, the individual will shine."
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Image123(m): 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2011
Talk about lazy people breaking strides in the name of rest.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by HNIC(m): 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2011
Abeg enough of Messi talk here joor
This is the Arsenal thread
Unless we are planning to trade fabregas for Messi cool
Back to that useless game yesterday angry
Did you see the urgency the team put in after Eboue's 'cousin' scored that goal?
If only they had put it in when we were comfy with the ball?
Anyways,the same team,bar Sagna will file out against Leyton on March 2
Really, these are the guys that will play if there are injuries to first teamers, so they damn well need the match practice!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by eyoniggar(m): 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2011
^^^^ Who are you telling? Me or Hanniebal?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2011
how is it dt midget always gets away with dt crap in la liga n cant elsewhere? oh sori, he got away with it @ u20 too. sigh, dt boi na cheat player simple.

and why is it u can tell arsenal reserves will make a mess of eating a boiled egg? tbb tho, i dnt tink monsieur shld be starting two bumbling giraffes in attack at the same time!! thats double whammy. the two offered abt as much threat as my great grand mum in a boxing ring!!

anywas, they wll be the ones to play in the replay anyways. they shld remedy their wrong.

and i believe there is a u 17 goalkeeper? i think he shld play bo. these mumu called almunia will neva change. manonne f up sha, see free shirt and opportunity, him just go jam talk baba ijebu. too bad. and in the name of all holy and beautiful, how does one play professional footy fr years and still cannot control the ball, bendtner am looking at u!!!! that bloke has the first touch of a crippled baboon, sorri, lol. but its really annoying to see that guy control the ball four yards ahead and then run after it, not that he kuku looks good on the ball, very ungainly (rather like uncle shege on the novelty gen gen)

hmmn, na wah o stoke, Goddey o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by HNIC(m): 6:04pm On Feb 21, 2011
dayokanu:

Someone said Messi can only do it in La Liga?

How come he was CL highest goal scorer last season? was he playing against La Liga defence.

Moreover 4 of those goals were against an EPL team
You no dey read.
4 of those goals were against Monsieur Silvestre grin
Silvestre did a 1-2 with him at Camp Nou and was just admiring him thriuout grin
He tried the 1-2 with 'Oko oloyun' at the Emirates,didn't suceed. . . 'Oko oloyun' hustled him outta possession. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by hannie: 6:07pm On Feb 21, 2011
@DK

comprehension na ur worst wahala . . . tongue

the fact that we have said he can only do it in La Liga doesnt entirely mean he will suffer from impotencia anytime faced with EPL opposition, what it means is that all those rubbish he does in La Liga cant happen in the EPL as the type of footie in EPL is fast and furious and u will lose ur legs in a jiffy if u try to run at defenders the way he does in La Liga . . .imagine his doing that against Shawcross and Barton  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by slimshay(m): 6:24pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ok, eni ti aponle ba ye fun, e ja ka ponle. Ah ahn, Docky Messi is good.

Meanwhile the truth of the matter is every once in a while, outside the cosy world known as La Liga, he gets to meet certain players who are not star struck and are not sitting about dreaming what it is like to play for Barca. . . Song, Zanetti, recently 'oko oloyun'.

Eldee, 10 years ke, haba!!! There was this bald Algerian used to play for france, I forget his name now. . . . .abeg remind me cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2011
But then Dr. Kit, is that football brutucu not what we complain about at Arsenal? and is that really how footie should be played? That exactly is the reason why England cannot do anything reasonable in the international arena where such kicking is rightly penalized.
The only club they don't kick the hell out of is Manure cos they respect their Lord Fergie too much to do that, but for the smart-ass Frenchie all is fair. If Messi plays for Arsenal, he might end up like Eduardo as you rightly point out but if he plays for Manure be sure that he might even end up with better stats than he is now afterall he is running head to head with CR9 on goals and trouncing him in assists while playing in the same league.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by slimshay(m): 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2011
Nostalkini, I'm talking of football in the last 10years you are talking age. The fact he even shyted on world football at his old age should tell you something.

'The Lord is my Barber' no be nostalgia oh!!! cheesy

And life expentancy of a footballer is inversely proportional to your proximity to your goalpost. . .awa ojogbon lo so be. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by lordimpaq(m): 6:54pm On Feb 21, 2011
dayokanu:

Someone said Messi can only do it in La Liga?

How come he was CL highest goal scorer last season? was he playing against La Liga defence.

Moreover 4 of those goals were against an EPL team

this guy,

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (100)

Real Madrid Vs Barcelona : El Clasico (2 - 0) On 1st March 2020 / Strictly Chelsea Talk: / Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.