Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami (38593 Views)

How To Activate Windows 7 Using Cmd Permanently / How To Activate Windows 7 Ultimate For Free / Have You Heard Of Windows 7 Godmode? This Thing Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by chatinent: 8:48am On Feb 08, 2020
Angelfrost:

True sir... Was just joking anyway.
Seriously, I was about changing my mind saying it's expensive. He trades laptops. I trust him too.

I just gave him this spec: good laptop, good battery, within N20k, and he said it was available.

Could you guess what type of laptop that will be at such price?
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Angelfrost(m): 8:49am On Feb 08, 2020
chatinent:

Seriously, I was about changing my mind saying it's expensive. He trades laptops. I trust him too.

I just gave him this spec: good laptop, good battery, within N20k, and he said it was available.

Could you guess what type of laptop that will be at such price?

Fairly used... Is it Dell, Toshiba, LG, or HP??!
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by chatinent: 8:52am On Feb 08, 2020
Angelfrost:

Fairly used... Is it Dell, Toshiba, LG, or HP??!
I'm not good at knowing better brands so I didn't give him or asked and considering the price attached, and the trust for this guy, I believe he won't give me a bad one.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by DAVE5(m): 8:55am On Feb 08, 2020
JoseRaji:
The responses I have read on this thread, just shows how backwards most of our youth are, in their thinking capacity.

The minister is saying that, to stay protected/defended when online (and when computing with sensitive data that you do want stolen), abstain from Windows 7 devices.

Because Microsoft has officially ended their support for Windows 7. Hence there will be no security updates, which is dangerous.

Because millions of unauthorised entry attempts happen on the World Wide Web everyday.

So, to stay safe, use Widows 10 devices, or upgrade your Windows 7 OS to Windows 10, easily...

Someone is even offerining to upgrade for 10k. When Windows 10 CD is 1K.

Last time I bought windows 10 cd, it was 200naira only, be like say u be ajebutter

Price well gan, u go buy 150
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by encryptjay(m): 8:56am On Feb 08, 2020
Chukwurah003:

He is a fellow of British computer society and also a graduate of digital transformation from Harvard. Who are you?

Edit:
I forgot to mention he did courses at Cambridge and MIT. So I will ask again. Who are you oga temptnow abi wetin you call yourself?
Very immature lots, at least they should have checked his qualifications. How many of them can boast of having such intimidating CV?
He was just giving precautionary measures and they're just insulting him.

1 Like

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by DAVE5(m): 9:03am On Feb 08, 2020
SoNature:

It may not work well

The best bet is to buy another system

If anyone who really cares about their online security still uses Windows 7, they can get a VPN or anti-malware.

However, the best bet is to buy another computer

Online security is a scam, Google has all ur data, not to mention all other companies that have your data as well plus those that have sold it

Then there's those that can get your data at a snap of their fingers, welcome to jet age
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Professorcplus(m): 9:07am On Feb 08, 2020
toprealman:

Microsoft will tell you not to upgrade.
Thanks for the insight I never tried it tough. I guess it's a recent development then?
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Professorcplus(m): 9:08am On Feb 08, 2020
SoNature:

It may not work well

The best bet is to buy another system

If anyone who really cares about their online security still uses Windows 7, they can get a VPN or anti-malware.

However, the best bet is to buy another computer

Thanks man.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by splashbaby(m): 9:13am On Feb 08, 2020
Young6x1:
Hmmmm. This communication minister is better than one shittu one analogy minister
Hahahahaha Shittu cannot operate computer. He's so analogue in nature he never operates an android phone. Legend has it that his oga patata at Aso rock carries tab all around because Tinubu told him to do so. Lol
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by vr0xen: 9:13am On Feb 08, 2020
He might be correct cause most PC i got way back with zeus and hawkeye used windows seven ultimate
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by mvem(m): 9:17am On Feb 08, 2020
frankson1:

How else do you expect them to express their foolishness? Their comments on the first page will make you think there are no intelligent people on Nairaland. I can bet that some of them don't understand the Minister's warning.
I'm wondering where the guy who used "shithole, 3rd world country" resides for him to make such comments.
lol...some claim smart only to show their ignorance

1 Like

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by AK481(m): 9:17am On Feb 08, 2020
GeneralPula:
In light of this, the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami), is alerting the general public on the risks of using Windows 7 powered devices for internet-based services that require the use of sensitive information such as internet banking. The best way to remain secure is to use the latest Operating Systems available.

undecided

There’s no such thing as secure online..

Anything & everything is hackable..

Will you prefer to rob cbn or my house if we both have the same amount of money inside?
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by SoNature(m): 9:18am On Feb 08, 2020
DAVE5:

Online security is a scam, Google has all ur data, not to mention all other companies that have your data as well plus those that have sold it

Then there's those that can get your data at a snap of their fingers, welcome to jet age

Calm down

My data is safe with Google because it has a name to protect. Just as Diamond or GTB....they care about their reputations. No, they are not called reliable third parties for nothing.

If a cybercriminal gets a hold of your financial login parameters, we wouldn't be having this conversation here 'cause you will probably be out on the street, running up and down like a madman.

Don't be deceived, the difference is crystal clear.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Bloggersp: 9:32am On Feb 08, 2020
Observation mode activated cool

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Lymasaba(m): 9:41am On Feb 08, 2020
Nbote:
Dis man dey shame person I swear
Ipop Terrorist spoted

1 Like

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Stanley126: 9:46am On Feb 08, 2020
Professorcplus:
error 404 comment modified grin Computer gurus in the house is it possible to upgrade/update from windows 7 to other versions especially 10?

Yes you can upgrade it , provided ur system has a good RAM size and good processor speed

1 Like

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Khaleell001(m): 9:52am On Feb 08, 2020
Nbote:
Dis man dey shame person I swear

of course, e go make people like you shame when you refuse to read and comprehend.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by kpaofame: 9:56am On Feb 08, 2020
ikorodureporta:
hw can one upgrade??

Buy windows 10 software and install or better still download
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by damosade(m): 9:57am On Feb 08, 2020
Online security is not always dependent on the type of OS, your bank security and your personal security matters..

Window XP is still the best so far.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Khaleell001(m): 9:59am On Feb 08, 2020
I have read a few quotes and it's not surprising seeing those who are not relevant to their immediate environment trying to paint the minister as less intelligent.
I pity some people who have grown their skulls full ignorance with zero light to objectivity trying so hard to make sense.

When someone in a position of knowledge warns you about something dangerous he is not trying to sound "intelligent to his fellow abokis" like some ignoramuses are trying to postulate even though he is;because people who thinks a northerner can never be brilliant except he is from their own ethniv stock will hardly get rid of their ethnic bias when it comes to basic fundamental issues.

I hate and dislike ethnic bigots alot.
They are a stain to humanity.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 08, 2020
No existing windows operating system that is not exploitable, this is an attention seeking post. After Microsoft patched externalblue exploitable via smb port, many other vulnerabilities were discovered, some are not even public yet and even windows 10 is vulnerable.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by bigpicture001: 10:06am On Feb 08, 2020
chatinent:
Was it why the guy agreed to sell his laptop to me for just N20000?

No
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Witchersunited: 10:08am On Feb 08, 2020
Even windows xp is still well protected, that Microsoft stoppped providing security updates and protection for it doesn’t mean that it’s vulnerable, they tell you that to force you to upgrade.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by jnoz23(m): 10:10am On Feb 08, 2020
unitysheart:
OK sir. Anyone with sensible information to share will jot still be using windows 7devices at this age.

I'm a PABX technician & the software I use works best with windows 7.
Carry your sensibility go hug transformer abeg!
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by chidooh1: 10:17am On Feb 08, 2020
Good for the public but everybody out there using computer is aware of this even my six years old daughter
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by ProudlyNGN: 10:19am On Feb 08, 2020
StRichard:
Lol...does he think everyone is aboki?
The last time I checked Aboki is ruling you and your village people in Nigeria and the Abokis decide what to happen in the country. Seat down on your f*cking ass and continue wailing.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by okonja(m): 10:22am On Feb 08, 2020
Mistaicey2288:
Hmmm his points are actually valid and backed up with good reasons too. He never said people should stop using Windows 7 devices... He only warned the users to be more careful with it by taking some measures like using security softwares, using latest application updates etc because Microsoft already ended support for the windows 7 devices since 14th last month and will no longer provide technical support to them.

That being said, but who still uses Windows 7 device at this present time though?

Banks
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by sadiqsalau888(m): 10:29am On Feb 08, 2020
Well I'm a sudoer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CheckOut The World's Slimmest Laptop By HP / "loading Pbr For Descriptor 2 : Done : Bad Pbr" for winxp sp2 on a dell pc / How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.