Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? (4949 Views)

Reactions As Bride Crawled To Present Cake To In-laws On Wedding Day / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by DaBogu: 9:01pm On Feb 09, 2020
Op, what does your sister husband do for a living?
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 09, 2020
Never borrow money you can't pay back.
Never lend money you can't part with.

8 Likes

Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by lavylilly: 9:07am On Feb 10, 2020
what are you saying? undecided
phlegmatic007:
Never borrow money you can't pay back.
Never lend money you can't part with.
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by IyaTola: 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2020
MRcocaFanta:
First of all i know it's not that all easy In Life and sometimes even a rich man can be out of cash and yet have investments but the mistake the husband to your sister made was borrowing money from you, it's a Wrong move, he should have gone elsewhere to look for money, he has got friends and family.

Well it's done already and OP, you should forget about the money you borrowed him.

It's been like 8 years now and you are still thinking of 20k you borrowed him?

Haba!!! What sort of human being are you?

Remember this man has spent so much money on your mom before that ran into millions, the man has really tried for both your family and his younger brother.

Your elder sister knows the sacrifice her husband has made and that was why she gave him the money out of love and Goodwill.

You should put yourself in the shoes of your elder sister.

Will you leave your man in his trying times, knowing fully well the many sacrifices he made when he has money?

Forget about whether she should have informed you guys or not.

You guys should support her and her husband in love and oneness.

The family should be United and everything will be alright very soon.

Money will come and bills will be paid.
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by IyaTola: 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2020
ok
DaBogu:
Op be careful the kind of advice you receive here
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by IyaTola: 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2020
ok
donbachi:
leads to disrespect.
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by MZrapper(f): 4:45pm On Feb 10, 2020
MRcocaFanta:
First of all i know it's not that all easy In Life and sometimes even a rich man can be out of cash and yet have investments but the mistake the husband to your sister made was borrowing money from you, it's a Wrong move, he should have gone elsewhere to look for money, he has got friends and family.

Well it's done already and OP, you should forget about the money you borrowed him.

Remember this man has spent so much money on your mom before that ran into millions, the man has really tried for both your family and his younger brother.

Your elder sister knows the sacrifice her husband has made and that was why she gave him the money out of love and Goodwill.

Will you leave your man in his trying times, knowing fully well the many sacrifices he made when he has money?

Did you just blame the girl? They should support the weak horseband at the detriment of their mum's well being? They should keep waiting for him till the unexpected happens?

Weak men everywhere.

12 Likes

Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by DaBogu: 6:09pm On Feb 10, 2020
IyaTola:
ok
I know you going through a lot at the moment. You will be fine.
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by PerfectMatchNG: 11:30am On Feb 11, 2020
@Mrcocfanta
Instead of making dumb statements like that, I would rather you ask questions with a view to learn. Let's be guided

10 Likes

Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by PerfectMatchNG: 11:48am On Feb 11, 2020
I disagree completely.
donbachi:
For a better inlaw relationship...dont borrow dont lend.
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by cococandy(f): 12:17pm On Feb 11, 2020
My advice is for the rest of the family to start planning on how to treat your mom.That’s the ONLY realistic solution you guys have at this point.

The husband may or may not pay back. He might pay back in installments or when your mom’s health is deteriorated beyond repair. He might pay back but not when the money is needed for test, treatments etc.

Honestly the whole situation will most likely end up with them not speaking to you guys anymore. You don’t want it to get there before you realize that you should have been taking care of your mom’s health all along.

Since the husband has a habit of borrowing, I’d be careful not to put the hopes of your mom’s treatment on his ability to pay back. For one, he initially stated he was going to pay back in week. If he was going to have access to that type of money in a week, why didn’t he wait? After all it’s a business not an emergency. That’s how you know when someone has no plan.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by Fountainofyouth(f): 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

It's either you're slow in assimilation or comprehension is far from you, so becos he once helped their mum means they in turn must help him at the expense of their mum's health? Disgusting ass men springing up day by day,

That your sister's husband is a money waster and mischievous person, the moment he had the effontery to tell you to keep his borrowing from you from his wife, that is when you all should have careful of him, he sees you guys as his money ticket available to him at anytime ever since y'all sponsored their wedding, that is why he can borrow from you, your brother, your sister his wife, and if he doesn't pay back, y'all won't sweat it cos he is family, very manipulative, narcissistic irritant,

If I were you, I don go police station straight, my mama's health comes first above any nonsense husband, wife or any bullshit, and they must vomit the money out in full before this month runs out, nonsense.

10 Likes

Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by donbachi(m): 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
PerfectMatchNG:
I disagree completely.
no worry na...go and borrow.

5 Likes

Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by yazga: 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2020
YOUR SISTER withhold information from you, and it won’t equate to LYING. I think we often overestimate our capability to LOGICALLY handle information. Timing is important. Give your SISTER AND HER HUBBY the benefit of the doubt, WHEN & HOW best to tell it.

Secrets have a way of building up into complexities and backfiring in the end. But PRIVACY and TRUST on the hand are two necessary ingredients to making marriages last.
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by yazga: 3:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
Why not explain in details to him, some y'all Nles are just too ignorant or lack knowledge
donbachi:
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by donbachi(m): 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
yazga:
Why not explain in details to him, some y'all Nles are just too ignorant or lack knowledge
ur village people don use ur brain fry chinchin...why didn' u tell him to also explain in details,why he disagreed with my opinion.

6 Likes

Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by frozen70(f): 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
IyaTola:
My dad died in 2016 and mom retired in 2018. It been tough but God has been faithful.

Our eldest sister married in 2009 and my dad bankrolled the wedding because her husband was not financially buoyant.

After service, I went to stay with them, during that period the husband borrowed N20k from me and told me not to tell my sister.

We decided to go after my dad pension money since we needed money for mom's health and well being which our sister has been championing. Upon receiving the money after a tedious process we decided to help the ones that are not doing too well in the family and invest the remaining money in Govt investment. At the expiration of the investment she decided that mom need to get medical attention.

My sister decided she should come stay with her since she is in a place where she could get the best of treatment.

The money that was supposed to to be for moms medical 2.3m she borrowed her husband hoping to pay in a weeks time, now she is saying it will be in six months. And the hubby has not given me my N20k since 2011. Although there was a time moms was ill the hubby took care of it which she claims ran into millions of naira. Hubby also borrowed kid brother with N200k for his project (fencing of his landed property just to secure it) , which we are all aware of and his been paying back gradually

She said that she borrowed her hubby the money to pay back in 8 months or less, they have a land worth 3m than can be converted to cash easily if we need money desperately. Hubby was supposed to pay back in a weeks time but disappointment here and there. She can't leave her hubby in trying times, that hubby has been more depressed with the delays and have High blood pressure issues.

Does that giver her the right to give hubby money without informing us?
Is hubby business more important than mom's health?
Why didn't they sell part of the land to use the money?
Why must it be family money?
Why did they go to the bank to get the loan?

I need help as to what to do?

That was a careless one from her, putting her immediate family over her mother and siblings

Well don't make much trouble with her, just take your mum to their house and let she and her husband look after her

Simple, if she develops any health challenge, they will face it

Fighting her to get back the money will amount to family trouble

You too stop letting them know you have a penny to give or borrow to anyone

4 Likes

Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by Pascopele: 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2020
The matter get a e be and e be as e get
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by Pascopele: 9:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
donbachi:
Calm down everythingno be fight
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by Pascopele: 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

It's either you're slow in assimilation or comprehension is far from you, so becos he once helped their mum means they in turn must help him at the expense of their mum's health? Disgusting ass men springing up day by day,

That your sister's husband is a money waster and mischievous person, the moment he had the effontery to tell you to keep his borrowing from you from his wife, that is when you all should have careful of him, he sees you guys as his money ticket available to him at anytime ever since y'all sponsored their wedding, that is why he can borrow from you, your brother, your sister his wife, and if he doesn't pay back, y'all won't sweat it cos he is family, very manipulative, narcissistic irritant,

If I were you, I don go police station straight, my mama's health comes first above any nonsense husband, wife or any bullshit, and they must vomit the money out in full before this month runs out, nonsense.
For your own sister matter you go go Police Station, na WA o blood is not thicker after all
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:03am On Feb 14, 2020
Pascopele:
For your own sister matter you go go Police Station, na WA o blood is not thicker after all

Which sister? Is she the one that spent the 2M? Nor be the husband? if she wants to support him good and fine, but he must produce the money he said he'd return back after or within a week.

P.S my sister can never be so foolish to give money meant for mama's health to her husband.

4 Likes

Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by Pascopele: 10:11am On Feb 14, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Which sister? Is she the one that spent the 2M? Nor be the husband? if she wants to support him good and fine, but he must produce the money he said he'd return back after or within a week.

P.S my sister can never be so foolish to give money meant for mama's health to her husband.
Do not be too quick to conclude, you know your sister finish o
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:13am On Feb 14, 2020
Pascopele:
Do not be too quick to conclude, you know your sister finish o

I will be quick to conclude cos I know my sister finish.

2 Likes

Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by IyaTola: 6:15pm On Feb 14, 2020
DaBogu:
I know you going through a lot at the moment. You will be fine.
Thank you
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by Nobody: 3:44am On Feb 15, 2020
lavylilly:
what are you saying? undecided

U wanna get banged bitch undecided
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by elektra(f): 5:36am On Feb 15, 2020
Experience has taught me never to trust family with money I am not ready to forfeit.
A lot of people take family for granted, they will do anyhow with your money believing that you will forgive them. After all they are family.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by Pojomojo: 6:29am On Feb 15, 2020
elektra:
Experience has taught me never to trust family with money I am not ready to forfeit.
A lot of people take family for granted, they will do anyhow with your money believing that you will forgive them. After all they are family.
Well said.
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by DaBogu: 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
cococandy:
My advice is for the rest of the family to start planning on how to treat your mom.That’s the ONLY realistic solution you guys have at this point.

The husband may or may not pay back. He might pay back in installments or when your mom’s health is deteriorated beyond repair. He might pay back but not when the money is needed for test, treatments etc.

Honestly the whole situation will most likely end up with them not speaking to you guys anymore. You don’t want it to get there before you realize that you should have been taking care of your mom’s health all along.

Since the husband has a habit of borrowing, I’d be careful not to put the hopes of your mom’s treatment on his ability to pay back. For one, he initially stated he was going to pay back in week. If he was going to have access to that type of money in a week, why didn’t he wait? After all it’s a business not an emergency. That’s how you know when someone has no plan.

Spot on
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by DaBogu: 11:01pm On Mar 22, 2020
elektra:
true tho
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by IyaTola: 6:17am On Mar 27, 2020
Thank you for all your inputs.
Re: Borrowing or Lending money from or to in-laws, I need help? by sisisioge: 7:02am On Mar 27, 2020
Femsyn:
Something is definitely wrong in the home front. Why are we increasingly having incompetent men?

No shame whatsoever!!

Your wife's family BANKROLLED your wedding. Except the OP doesn't know the meaning of bankroll tho, or shes exaggerating.

You start borrowing from wife's family members without repayment.

No shame!!!

Yet some people will be rating men above women, just because they have a penis? Some men are shit! A disgrace.

The way God go take bless you go amaze you!...so many irresponsible fellows better off single! Now mama may expire because sis loves her irresponsible husband so much! How could he have taken the money knowing what its meant for?

OP, look on the bright side, this should definitely teach you guys a lesson. Good luck.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mai Li Fay An 8year Old Snake Girl In Bangkok Thailand (photo) / Look Very Well Before You Leap,most Humans Are Pretentious / God Y? Cant Beliv She Is Gone.... (lost My Sister on the new yr eve.., 31st)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.