Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:34 AM

Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? (2548 Views)

My Lesbian Experience (TRUE LIFE STORY) / 5 Ways To Make Love (without Having Sex) / Can There Be Love Without Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by kaymoney2(m): 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

I just told you my secret. It was that I find it hard to accept gifts from men. Its just seems somehow to me. Even if a guy was my boyfriend, it would take me some time before I could even accept a gift from him.

Hmm   well if that is your personal principle or way of life I will say you have chosen to follow the right path** In a situation whereby no guy can tempt you with his sugar and honey~ Kudos baby girl   cool cool
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by beeman80: 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2010
Kingsleyinfo:

very interesting topic,
i like what shy-one is trying to bring out. the working class lady with high taste
dat uses her head instead of her heart,

truth is this, as girls get older they make more hasty decision, positive or negative.

love without money is possible but difficult,
possible because poverty has levels,

and difficult because nigerian babes believe alot on it.

asking for financial assistance is not wrong in love
but it should not be the basis of everything
when it is there fine,
when it is not, look for a way out

spending time together should not be about how much he can spend
but how happy you are when u are together.

as for me i am no woman's money bag, i take care of my business first
and only sacrifice when it is important to her life and future

give only what u can afford not what u will regret,
if a girl says she is high maintenance ask her if she is a car
i love the girl who can live on the simple things of life,
and manage the excesses, thats the way to build wealth

personally i am a huge spender because i love living life to the fullest,
but my girl on the other hand is a manager, she compliments my Bad side
and together we can build a beautiful life

some ladies will collect from you even if you have to borrow to satisfy their useless cravings.
true love is possible cos i found it, but its not easy to find, cos it took me four years of sincere searching
and praying

thats my opinion or whatever you call it,  grin grin cheesy

Did u say you found true love? Some lucky dude u re.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by InkedNerd(f): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2010
kay-money:

Hmm   well if that is your personal principle or way of life I will say you have chosen to follow the right path** In a situation whereby no guy can tempt you with his sugar and honey~ Kudos baby girl  cool cool

Thanks. The funny thing though, is that I don't mind buying gifts for guys.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by HTownEve(f): 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Thanks. The funny thing though, is that I don't mind buying gifts for guys.

I feel you Ink_Nerd.
I don’t mind helping out. I can take care of myself and help a guy find his balance if he is diligent and has potentials. It’s the little things that trip me.
A guy can spend money on you but treat you like sh@t and act like he owns you. Nope I don’t want that. It is nice when both parties can take care of themselves.
It is not okay to be a dead bit and a good for nothing partner. (a liability) Be it a girl or a guy and not willing to work but munch off your partner is not fair and can only lead to disaster.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by InkedNerd(f): 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2010
HTown Eve:

I feel you Ink_Nerd. 
I don’t mind helping out.  I can take care of myself and help a guy find his balance if he is diligent and has potentials.  It’s the little things that trip me. 
A guy can spend money on you but treat you like sh@t and act like he owns you.  Nope I don’t want that.   It is nice when both parties can take care of themselves. 
It is not okay to be a dead bit and a good for nothing partner. (a liability) Be it a girl or a guy and not willing to work but munch off your partner is not fair and can only lead to disaster. 

Yupp, well said. Like the guy I mentioned earlier, the main reason he didn't have a lot of money was because he'd send majority of paycheck to his home county for a house he was building. I really admired his determination in wanting to build that house. I could see that he knew what he wanted in life and how to get it.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by ShyOne(f): 8:11pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ d Bigrod:

You lie!!!  That absolutely cannot be you in that picture - I am confused as to how YOU are surrounded by women.  You don't even know how to talk to a woman.  Your approach to me was random and ridiculous.  You want to talk to me, but you DON'T KNOW HOW, so instead of talking YOU GO ON THE ATTACK at my obvious words that aren't even remotely confusing or misleading.

Then you threaten me after you totally reword/misconstrue my response I made to the OP - I wasn't even talking to you.

It is obvious what I said which was that I give as much as I get in monies, gifts and affection from my mate.  That I am supportive of him and of OUR RELATIONSHIP.

If you cannot contribute intellectually or meet me halfway on a "courtesy level."  Don't direct any of your words at me in future.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by InkedNerd(f): 8:18pm On Dec 15, 2010
Shy-One:

@ d Bigrod:

You lie!!!  That absolutely cannot be you in that picture
- I am confused as to how YOU are surrounded by women.  You don't even know how to talk to a woman.  Your approach to me was random and ridiculous.  You want to talk to me, but you DON'T KNOW HOW, so instead of talking YOU GO ON THE ATTACK at my obvious words that aren't even remotely confusing or misleading.

Then you threaten me after you totally reword/misconstrue my response I made to the OP - I wasn't even talking to you.

It is obvious what I said which was that I give as much as I get in monies, gifts and affection from my mate.  That I am supportive of him and of OUR RELATIONSHIP.

If you cannot contribute intellectually or meet me halfway on a "courtesy level."  Don't direct any of your words at me in future.

Oh my shocked. If that really is dbigrod, then he's really cute kiss
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by ShyOne(f): 8:18pm On Dec 15, 2010
I said it once, I'll say it twice, I'll say it thrice.

"No cash, no azzz."

The man that can't recognize that "simple thought process" and see it's beauty and necessity to LIFE on this planet isn't worth my time or attention.

It takes money to make this world go around and that is FACT

"Your Foot/My Foot" - what is mine is his and what is his is mine.  My man and I aren't scared to talk money AT ALL TIMES.  Nor let each other know what the other needs.

We have already proved to each other that neither of us is a "gold-digger."

We are 2 mature, responsible, loving, realistic individuals - as we make money TOGETHER.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by ShyOne(f): 8:22pm On Dec 15, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Oh my shocked. If that really is dbigrod, then he's really cute kiss

Ink:

That's what I thought. I thought he was really cute as well - those women are hanging on to him like they struck gold bullion. And they are attractive, well-dressed and appear to be intelligent.

d bigrod is given out more than sex and gifts - you best believe that. He has the nerve to highlight my post and put me down for stating the obvious.

I don't date for money - but once marriage is in the picture - you better believe we are talking money - this is my future and his future and money makes this world go around. My baby is happy I talk as I do - because it immediately removes the stigma of "we shouldn't talk about money and/or the fear and reluctance to discuss cash."

We are much more relaxed around each now.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by InkedNerd(f): 8:28pm On Dec 15, 2010
Shy-One:

Ink:

That's what I thought. I thought he was really cute as well - those women are hanging on to him like they struck gold bullion. And they are attractive, well-dressed and appear to be intelligent.

d bigrod is given out more than sex and gifts - you best believe that. He has the nerve to highlight my post and put me down for stating the obvious.

I don't date for money - but once marriage is in the picture - you better believe we are talking money - this is my future and his future and money makes this world go around. My baby is happy I talk as I do - because it immediately removes the stigma of "we shouldn't talk about money and/or the fear and reluctance to discuss cash."

We are much more relaxed around each now.

I get what you're sayin'. Chai what a hottie, to bad he tried to put you on blast like that. Maybe he's met some bad apples in the past. Seems like there was some anger behind the comments he made. lol, he probably replied based on experience. For all we know some chick probably played him.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by HTownEve(f): 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2010
Shy_One
I think you were misconstrued by bigrod. Still he shouldn't have disrespected you though. wink

Shy_One,
Pardon me but I think you meant to say you like good things and you work for it. You are high maintenance but you take care of yourself right?
When it comes to relationships, it is not all about money but you both work together to achieve financial success right?
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by ShyOne(f): 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2010
HTown Eve:

Shy_One
I think you were misconstrued by bigrod. Still he shouldn't have disrespected you though. wink

Shy_One,
Pardon me but I think you meant to say you like good things and you work for it. You are high maintenance but you take care of yourself right?
When it comes to relationships, it is not all about money but you both work together to achieve financial success right
?

Wow!!!

My gosh - I think you've got it!!!

Come on down - you've won the jackpot.

Thank you so much - that wasn't hard. It was so clear - I love when I run into intelligent people. That is EXACTLY what I was saying - maybe I needed to "dumb it down" but I didn't think my way of saying it was too "academic" - I don't know maybe it was.

Whatever it was or wasn't - I am very grateful to you for being able to translate it - because your wording is how I live my life.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by HTownEve(f): 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2010
You are welcome shy_one.
I do take money orders, checks, gift cards, or credit cards. LOL. grin grin grin

Just messing witcha. grin
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by ShyOne(f): 9:49pm On Dec 15, 2010
HTown Eve:

You are welcome shy_one. 
I do take money orders, checks, gift cards, or credit cards. LOL.   grin grin grin

Just messing witcha.   grin

lololololol

I completely agree with you - I'm not messing with you or kidding.

Can you take a gift to the car lot and buy a car?  NO, unless it's the gift of cash/money
Can you take a gift to the bank and deposit it into your account?  NO - unless it's the gift of cash/money

Don't get me wrong, Gifts that are non-money, are still very nice because they are lovingly selected by your mate and by you - to your mate
But actual cash is just as necessary if not MORE SO

Cash buys land, cars, stock, peace of mind, future for offspring

I never have understood why people are so reluctant to discuss cash.  Just as long as you treat others as you would want to be treated and you are both honest and not overly greedy - ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING should be "fair game" to anticipate and discuss with and between you and your mate.

I don't want a broke, unemployed man because he won't be getting in me - a broke, unemployed woman.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by dbigrod(m): 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ shyone,
Did u say dat I dont know how to talk to a woman? How am i supposed to talk to a woman with d kind of wack ideas dat u've got? Hmm.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by ShyOne(f): 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2010
wack

what does that mean?
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by InkedNerd(f): 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2010
Shy-One:

wack

what does that mean?

Wack is just slang for lame
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by kaymoney2(m): 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2010
Shy-One:

wack

what does that mean?

WACK is usually used for something of low quality- low profile and something that is not up to the required standard ***
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by ShyOne(f): 10:37pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ Inked & kay-money:

OK - thank you for the lesson.

So to translate - d bigrod has resorted to name calling - a cheap tactic utilized by those who lack substance and knowledge and instead of simply "being quiet" or "walking back his words" as he obviously has no clue to what he is talking about in reference to myself - he who looks to be in a 'man's body" actually is in possession of a "child's mind."  Grade-school to be precise - kindergarten level understanding. 

He is not worth time of day or thought.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by dbigrod(m): 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2010
Am sure u are enjoying d attention u are getting from me,right.i will send mr cork to u.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by 190: 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2010
hehehehe,
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by ShyOne(f): 11:52pm On Dec 15, 2010
d bigrod:

Am sure u are enjoying d attention u are getting from me,right.i will send mr cork to u.

little man - Please Stop yourself - Be a big boy.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by kaymoney2(m): 12:02am On Dec 16, 2010
Shy-One:

@ Inked & kay-money:

OK - thank you for the lesson.

So to translate - d bigrod has resorted to name calling - a cheap tactic utilized by those who lack substance and knowledge and instead of simply "being quiet" or "walking back his words" as he obviously has no clue to what he is talking about in reference to myself - he who looks to be in a 'man's body" actually is in possession of a "child's mind."  Grade-school to be precise - kindergarten level understanding. 

He is not worth time of day or thought. 

@ Shy-one you welcome*** but wait i fear you ooo** Why are you lashing out like that i beg naww
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by ShyOne(f): 12:06am On Dec 16, 2010
@ Kay

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be rude or b.itchy.

I just don't understand why people go out of the way to attack others for no "apparent reason." I guess I'm just not going to keep ignoring this - I am human and have feelings.

I can understand if I deserved it but my comments are my comments and are more supportive than they are destructive. I am learning to stand up for myself.

I have for years allowed people to say what they want and I not respond. Well, I'm a big girl now and I put my foot down.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by InkedNerd(f): 12:14am On Dec 16, 2010
Your comments were fine. I understood what you were trying to say wink. Anyone with half a brain should have gotten it right away.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by ShyOne(f): 12:17am On Dec 16, 2010
Thank you Inked
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by kaymoney2(m): 12:18am On Dec 16, 2010
@ Shy-one i really know where you coming from* But its just common here for people to attack you-hate you-and beef you despite the fact that they dont know you** As for me I select people I talk to and i  dont quote people i know that all what they represent is hate** Since i dont fuccking care about such people I see them as insignificant people ~
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by ShyOne(f): 12:22am On Dec 16, 2010
kay-money:

@ Shy-one i really know where you coming from* But its just common here for people to attack you-hate you-and beef you despite the fact that they dont know you** As for me I select people I talk to and i  dont quote people i know that all what they represent is hate** Since i dont fuccking care about such people I see them as insignificant people ~

Kay

But why? Why do they do this? I just don't understand the logic or the act especially out of the clear blue?

Ok - so which one are you in the picture?

Are you the green sweater?
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by kaymoney2(m): 12:29am On Dec 16, 2010
Shy-One:

Kay

But why? Why do they do this? I just don't understand the logic or the act especially out of the clear blue?

Ok - so which one are you in the picture?

Are you the green sweater?

@ Shy-one Yes am the one in the green sweater** May be i mean may be because some of them are less priviledged in some aspect of life ** sorry to say that **
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by ShyOne(f): 12:32am On Dec 16, 2010
Oooh ok

I just wanted to know who I was talking to - you had 2 people in the picture

Thank you very much for your response.
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by sessy2(f): 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2010
Off course No there is nothing like true love without cash. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can U Experience True Love Without The Cash? by kaymoney2(m): 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2010
sessy2:

Off course No there is nothing like true love without cash. tongue tongue tongue

@ Sessy You sounded very honest I like you for that** Once you identify a problem the problem is partially solved shocked undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong? / Who I Go Tell / The Older A Girl Gets, The More Her Tummy Protrudes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.