Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,347 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures (80402 Views)

Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest / Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by LIMELIGHTCRAZY: 3:54pm On Feb 08, 2020
mayklef:
Eko 4 show....Millions were ranting, few turnup 4 protest...sum evn came 4 marathon spit**
typical Afonja, Keyboard noisemakers
. When no Okada/Napep to reach the destination ... No be island be that ... Go mainland and try peaceful protest... You don see placard for protester hand for mainland before na bottle, stick, burning tyres be their placard

This one na fresh protest majority of those with placards get motor ... Mafo!

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by missimelda01(f): 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2020
Raysleek:
Why are people so daft will the ferries come to my street .
Okada was not banned on streets but on some major highways and bridges.
Although I'm in support of the ban on okada, please get your fact right. Okadas are not allowed even on small roads e.g kilo, aguda, bode Thomas etc.

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by dotedote: 3:59pm On Feb 08, 2020
Raysleek:

Bro, it's a function of where you live.
Population of people living on the major highways in Lagos isn't up to 1% of total residents of Lagos.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Tomoyayi(m): 4:00pm On Feb 08, 2020
Raysleek:

You're wrong, Okada was totally banned in some LGAs and you know the way our SECURITY FORCES do their work
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Osyxcel(m): 4:02pm On Feb 08, 2020
backnbeta:
Let's not use sentiment to invite trouble back to Lagos! Meanwhile, buy bicycles undecided

Where are the roads for bicycles?? It's like you people still don't get it. undecided Lagos roads are too narrow... angry
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by ajl: 4:05pm On Feb 08, 2020
You are all losers. When Omoyele Sowore was fighting for you all and needed your support, where were you?

Now, the elitist government he was fighting against for your sake have slammed its hammer on you! Feel the brunt. Gbam)))))
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by ajl: 4:10pm On Feb 08, 2020
Discombulator:

It will once we get rid of people like you that are ever so ready to talk down on the country at any given chance.

But this individual is stating a fact. Nigeria has never been a great country. Do we have to fool ourselves. Nigeria has the potential to be a great country. That's all.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Pavarottii(m): 4:13pm On Feb 08, 2020
Yankiss:
The placards are very apt. I repeat that even though the ban was in order it was too abrupt and without palliatives. The government should sift the affected okada and keke riders to confirm those indigenous to Lagos state and rehabilitate them. The protest is also in order. Citizens must have a way of expressing discontent else the society suffers for it!
This one is still doing tribal things... U r not yet ready... Let the ban hold... Bacause of people like u
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by youngsahito(m): 4:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
Raysleek:
total ban @ Ikeja, Apapa and Ikoyi and some other LG
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by ajl: 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2020
Gilgil:
You know one crazy thing about this?
Not one word from the Lagos State House of Assembly!

Funny they are "elected" to represent the people.

Lagos assembly? Are they any different? They only represent themselves. It's all "arrangee". You are fooling yourselves if you those pot-bellied men and women are there to represent you or the people. Their stomach infrastructure come first and last.

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by gwama: 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2020
You can't make an omelet without breaking eggs. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Raysleek: 4:25pm On Feb 08, 2020
kutitosin:

Bro, i wish i could borrow you sense. Okada was banned per LG and LCDA regardless of the road size.
I can swear I that even if I borrowed you sense i will still have a lot. Where it was banned, it was deserved. And there has been a ban since the time of Fashola but the lawlessness of our people made them ignore.
Go to igbobi and other government hospitals. Try to also pay a visit to many local orthopedic hospitals and also national population commission records on deaths by accidents and see how many are caused by okada. Because e never do you, you no go know.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Raysleek: 4:26pm On Feb 08, 2020
Nerro042:

C'mon brother we all know that any Okada or Keke that shows up will have the useless police to deal with.. Highway or street included
That's a whole different matter
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Raysleek: 4:27pm On Feb 08, 2020
youngsahito:
Yes 6 lgas and 9 lcdas but if we are sincere with ourselves and if you drive your own car often you will agree that okada are a menace on these routes.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Raysleek: 4:29pm On Feb 08, 2020
ebukason3:

Definitely you are not doing business/working on mainland/island may be Ajah/lekki
I do business in many places and also I use okada many times from time to time very very well cos i was born and brought up in festac, did my business in ojo alaba for many years. Still we need to agree that whenever you are driving your own vehicle, even when you are on the okada, these guys can be a menace on Express roads. Even me dey always caution them everytime. Especially those mallams those guys no dey hear easily.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Raysleek: 4:31pm On Feb 08, 2020
greenguy:

You're even most daft, if you don't know what the new law stipulates.
You that knows the law more than others, is your extra knowledge feeding me cheesy.
Some people were programmed to die by lagos bikes in Feb 2020. Their lives are saved now cool cool
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Raysleek: 4:35pm On Feb 08, 2020
mabea:
Say what you know. I guess Ogba is also a major highway and bridges..
Which local govt is ogba under? Cos I took a bike from ogba to okeira yesterday and today. There might not be bikes on the major roads but there are bikes in the streets

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Raysleek: 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2020
wman:

They banned Okada in the entire Yaba local government, Ikeja local government, Surulere local government and parts of Island. Not just the streets alone.
Okada are proper menace in those areas. If you drive you should know. Or when you start driving you will know. When they overtake you from right and left at the same time while you are trying to dodge potholes. My advice bro. Ban or no ban, avoid aboki okada
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Raysleek: 4:39pm On Feb 08, 2020
kutitosin:

Bro, i wish i could borrow you sense. Okada was banned per LG and LCDA regardless of the road size.
The sense you dont have is that maybe you were still a toddler when fashola banned okada, just that these guys were stubborn and didnt follow the law.
Secondly the lgs and lcdas they were banned are areas where they constitute nuisance most due to the rate of activity on those roads. Everywhere in lagos is busy
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Raysleek: 4:41pm On Feb 08, 2020
pwansunriseteam:

How will the Okada come to you street without crossing the highway.
You are not in Lagos right?
Common man. Okada can operate in an area without needing to access the highway. Example festac. Okada take people to second rainbow and into festac to and fro everyday. Are their tickets not per routes? Are the routes not to and fro?
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Raysleek: 4:42pm On Feb 08, 2020
youngsahito:
Sir these guys are menaces in these areas. They dont have a park, they park in droves in the centre of the road. Example computer village. I believe the areas covering the ban were strategic.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by SolarEdge: 4:43pm On Feb 08, 2020
Ok
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Ifyz0001: 4:46pm On Feb 08, 2020
But wait.. I can tell you were not in that protest.

Jesse25:
Why must it be this few? Where are the rest this is why our government we never take us serious if it those developed countries the street would have been filled up by now... This our I don't care attitude is what is killing this country
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Welrez(m): 4:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
obotblitz:
Nice one.
Let the government know that popular sovereignty belongs to the people. Why should they make policies that are against the people that voted them in?
That saying is a facade. Democracy is an opium of the people.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by youngsahito(m): 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2020
Raysleek:

Yes 6 lgas and 9 lcdas but if we are sincere with ourselves and if you drive your own car often you will agree that okada are a menace on these routes.
so what will happen to those that don't have car now...he is too harsh on d stuff. I have to treak from work to the bank 4 a transaction @ Apapa
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by youngsahito(m): 4:56pm On Feb 08, 2020
Raysleek:

Sir these guys are menaces in these areas. They dont have a park, they park in droves in the centre of the road. Example computer village. I believe the areas covering the ban were strategic.
what will u say about tricycle then if u can find fault on okada...hence he should have leave opay and co
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by CanadaOrBust: 5:08pm On Feb 08, 2020
Patrioticman007:

You mean the 3 in 1 concept of Egyptian Paganism of Horus that was indoctrinated into Christianity by the Romans ?.

Kindly Google these facts[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] How Ancient Trinitarian Gods Influenced Adoption of the Trinity". It will enlighten your soul.

Why r u obsessed with trinity?! I’m talking of Lord Jesus, God the Son of God and u keep talking Horus. Whose son was Horus? What book prophesied Horus coming? How many miracles? What message did he bring
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Tunex252(m): 5:54pm On Feb 08, 2020
Lagos is WALKING... we go trek Taya una neva see anything �

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Sunnycliff(m): 6:23pm On Feb 08, 2020
jeff1607:

imagine your farmland is located in Lagos sir, we both know sometimes you need a bike to meander the bad roads to get to supplies or suppliers especially for the farm manager.

Have empathy

My brother, empathy is not in the dictionary of our political leaders. It hurts definitely but the reality is that our leaders have the skin of a crocodile
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Duru009(m): 6:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
BRT fit enter my street ......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Organs Or Arms Of Government By Joel3 / Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.