Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,413 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures (80456 Views)

Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest / Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by mayklef(m): 7:07pm On Feb 08, 2020
georjay:

na only Afonja people dey Lagos
Unlike u, i wouldnt question your up bringing instead i sat whats obvious...U dont have sense
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by streetsoldier1(m): 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
Raysleek:
Why are people so daft will the ferries come to my street .
Okada was not banned on streets but on some major highways and bridges.

I tire ooooo, if only people understand the havoc that has been forestalled as a result of this okada ban, they will be thanking the government. But the government PR officer should do well to enlighten the masses. It wasn't even banned in some local government, so why the noise!!!

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Discombulator: 7:10pm On Feb 08, 2020
georjay:

Is that all

Is that all it takes to make Nigeria great

Don't be stupid!!
It is your father you're taking to,not me,sebi you want to show you lack home training abi.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Discombulator: 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2020
ajl:

But this individual is stating a fact. Nigeria has never been a great country. Do we have to fool ourselves. Nigeria has the potential to be a great country. That's all.
It is a shame that you lots are what this generation has to offer,the naira was once more valuable than naira,do you know why they call Nigeria the giant of Africa,you should know it's not because of out recent strides,it is out of respect for what this country once represent.people all around the world used to troop in for sightseeing in the country like the wall of Benin in the 15th century which is one of the longest ancient works in the world,researchers used to come here in their hundreds to find out why the Yoruba tribe has the highest rate of twins in the world,the greet ife of 1000AD with decorations that originally originated form the novus modus(USA).
Do you know Nigeria is home to one of the oldest location of mankind.
I can go on and on,be a patriot,fight for your country, speak at the injustice you now face at the hands of your government. BUT DO NOT DISRESPECT THIS COUNTRY.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by perrezy(m): 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2020
Raysleek:

how about the surulere and VI axis, does Okada or Keke ply the streets?
You have no idea what people go through daily.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by georjay(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2020
Discombulator:

It is your father you're taking to,not me,sebi you want to show you lack home training abi.

no be only home training
na away training

#Bleep off
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by georjay(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2020
mayklef:

Unlike u, i wouldnt question your up bringing instead i sat whats obvious...U dont have sense

from where cometh you this mad man

thunder gbuo gi dia
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by otokx(m): 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2020
Not surprised, so much talk in Nigeria, little action cool
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by habayommy: 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2020
Raysleek:

It was banned in all the streets in GRA Ikeja. .
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Raysleek: 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2020
perrezy:

how about the surulere and VI axis, does Okada or Keke ply the streets?
You have no idea what people go through daily.
I go through too. Okada has been banned in those places in lagos during fashola. You will notice that since the ban of okada in some streets and closes especially in festac closes there have been dramatic reduction of house to house robbery.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by osazsky(m): 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2020
Those police men are not doing their jobs o y are dey not shooting
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Futureyahooboi(m): 9:59pm On Feb 08, 2020
Nigerians will always be Nigerians, they are only effective on social media... wait o! I no see my neighbour's o

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Raysleek: 10:33pm On Feb 08, 2020
youngsahito:
what will u say about tricycle then if u can find fault on okada...hence he should have leave opay and co
You are right. But personally I believe it will work better if there is a ban first. Then later reintroduce the ones that will follow the law like opay and co

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by deathmen12: 12:34am On Feb 09, 2020
This words really touch me, a lot of people are going through hard time, the bike and the Keke they carry as higher purchase is the only way of surviving... now what should they?
xcabczyxabczzzz:
"You do not build a megacity by hiding the poor". Well that's what happened in Delhi, India.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Nobody: 6:13am On Feb 09, 2020
Ifyz0001:
But wait.. I can tell you were not in that protest.

Am in Benin not in Lagos
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by sadiqabuch: 7:44am On Feb 09, 2020
Physics teacher needed within the proximity of Sango Otta, Ogun State: 08036373137
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by oaugraduate1234(m): 9:34am On Feb 09, 2020
The ban is for our own good in Lagos
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by nomaoapk: 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by pasol4real(m): 7:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
Raysleek:
Ignorance
Okada was outrightly banned in some particular local government areas.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Raysleek: 8:10pm On Feb 09, 2020
pasol4real:

Ignorance
Okada was outrightly banned in some particular local government areas.
so should we fry beans?
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
Would have been better if the bikes were replaced by tricycles.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by EXOUSIAng: 12:10am On Feb 10, 2020
Jesse25:
Why must it be this few? Where are the rest this is why our government we never take us serious if it those developed countries the street would have been filled up by now... This our I don't care attitude is what is killing this country
Are you a Lagosian?
If yes.
You, WHERE WERE YOU.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by sulaak(m): 4:47pm On Feb 10, 2020
MelloJelly:

no gentrification is usually caused by moving into poorer neighboorhoods

.....and where do the poor go, when their rental properties is inflated?
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2020
EXOUSIAng:

Are you a Lagosian?
If yes.
You, WHERE WERE YOU.
Mr man am in Benin City so answer my question why where you not among
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by mabea: 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2020
Raysleek:

Which local govt is ogba under? Cos I took a bike from ogba to okeira yesterday and today. There might not be bikes on the major roads but there are bikes in the streets
Under ojodu LCDA
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by 9jaRealist: 7:23pm On May 24, 2021
Angelfrost:
Perhaps I should have put it in highlights or asterisks...

I know exactly what a mega city means...

The real question is... Do the present and past governors know what it means??! Not just Lagos, but across the nation.

Most of them believe a mega city should be a city "devoid of the poor or struggling"!!!.. This is why a governor will up and pull down structures or institutions that keep the average citizens employed, without first providing an alternative.

The megacity misnomer is largely a PRESS thing...
The Lagos Government itself talks of the “Greater Lagos Project”.

While Lagos is already a megacity...
The government wants it to be a MODEL 21st century megacity.

>
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures by 9jaRealist: 7:42pm On May 24, 2021
Angelfrost:
Perhaps I should have put it in highlights or asterisks...

I know exactly what a mega city means...

The real question is... Do the present and past governors know what it means??! Not just Lagos, but across the nation.

Most of them believe a mega city should be a city "devoid of the poor or struggling"!!!.. This is why a governor will up and pull down structures or institutions that keep the average citizens employed, without first providing an alternative.

Nobody was born with an Okada between his legs...
There are alternatives in agriculture and other trades, as well as Okada in other states.

Most of these folks came from other states and as far as Niger Republic, Chad and Mali...
And yet when Lagos asks for “special status” designation, most Nairalanders (and Nigerians) kick against it.

Development inevitably comes with dislocations...
If the government provides 24/7 electricity, must it provide alternatives for generator sellers/repairers?

If the government provides portable water or builds orthopedic hospitals
Must it also first provide alternative employment for water vendors and for native bone-setters?!
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) / EFCC Arrests Willie Obiano At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.