Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown (40390 Views)

VIO Uses Robot To Control Traffic In Abuja, Drivers Obey (Video) / Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria / Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by AerialMapper: 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2020
Let us not even try to justify the actions by citing London as an example. They have alternatives! Rail, underground, overground, tram, buses, black taxis, cycling routes. If they crackdown on Uber, the city keeps moving.

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Novaccines: 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2020
Wow
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by cRobo: 6:29pm On Feb 08, 2020
Does this "commercial drivers" applies to danfo on Lagos
Danfo driver don't even have drivers license or the least standard requirement for driving that danfo(yellow voltwagen bus)

Now believe me; the Nigeria govt don't want to see Nigerians succeed,

Giving instance that London banned Uber

For real

So you are comparing London that have lots of alternative transport to Lagos,

Do you have any idea about their rail ways for more advance that Nigeria can attain in the next 100 years

Please sit this one out

You have no idea what you are talking about

VIO are simply looking for ways to extort Uber drivers because they are responsible

Make them try am with agbero when be danfo driver

I
maasoap:

I guess America government don't have means of collecting back Nigerians. If government say get this and that as commercial drivers and commercial vehicles before you can do your business why should that be difficult for Nigerians? It is not like they're not making money.
I guess should have something to say about London that stopped uber drivers from operating

3 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Exponental(m): 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2020
Long expected..... Do you think govt will allow you make money freely without any returns?

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Goke7: 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2020
seniormallam:

If the customers can agree to start sitting in front seat with the drivers, that will beat the VIOs..........sitting at the owners corner is the first alert to VIOs.
Every nigerian always want to form big girl or boy.

I sit in the front all the time in any car that am driven except am with my wife then we both sit at the back.

7 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Addme: 6:37pm On Feb 08, 2020
IprintMONEY:
but an uber cant be differentiated from a normal car na
That is the problem with our people..you can easily tell them you are not an uber driver.
They have no right to search your phone Just don't hang it where they will see it.
Simply tell them the person you are carrying is a friend/sister/ brother or even your boss as the case may be.
Tell me how they would differentiate it from private cars..
In Lagos,one needs to be street smart to survive. It's madness you use to cure Madness.

8 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 08, 2020
Liliyann:
Every time Lagos undecided
Last I check, Lagos is not the only city! In fact, there are better city than Lagos...why are people rushing to Lagos? Is their destined tied to Lagos??

Like what other cities? I want to relocate.

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 08, 2020
everything must be documented !! this is not zoo, this is Lagos. illegal operators of any kind should expect the shake up!

security of life and property is paramount!
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by gudnex22(m): 6:53pm On Feb 08, 2020
Jestin:
Nothing in Nigeria is working
Lagos you mean

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by masseratti: 6:54pm On Feb 08, 2020
The ViO officer is crazy, it's a ride sharing platform, they are not professional drivers, they can't pay hackney because they have no parks, Lagos state government should go and learn from other city governments how they manage their public taxis along with uber, new York city and London come to mind.

4 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by masseratti: 6:55pm On Feb 08, 2020
payperpost:
everything must be documented !! this is not zoo, this is Lagos. illegal operators of any kind should expect the shake up!

security of life and property is paramount!
all documentation you need is in the app, this is my Lagos too, you guys are going above board, you are taking the corpse into the mosque.

2 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2020
ChristineC:
grin grin
Lagos State of Nigeria residents without personal cars, behold your government undecided

Riders should occupy the front seat with the driver if it's just one passenger and driver's should hide their apps, there's nothing else to prove the car is on Uber platform when stopped.

What if the VIO guys made a request for ride on either of the platforms? And you reach there, dem clamp your wheels?

2 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Liliyann(f): 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2020
Nooil:

Like what other cities? I want to relocate.

It depends on what you are looking for..Enugu, kwara, Port Harcourt and so many others, I for one don't fancy Lagos and I can't live there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by masseratti: 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2020
staga:
But Uber pays operational license fees in other countries. Why not Nigeria?
if the uber company pays that, they should go and ask the company for it, not the drivers, the idea of uber was not meant for professionals strictly.

3 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by cooltola(m): 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2020
Ambode was better, and I wish he could have won instead of this new governor. He just keeping pointing and pointing. How can you ban okada when you fail to provide adequate options of transportation. The city is just expensive for nothing, which nothing to show for. The roads are bad, the mall are too crowded, the electricity is a joke, security is run by agberos and sanitation is a mess. The projects are an eyesore and scams, the beggars at the airport are just annoying and too many. The church keeps putting prayer points with no plans to even start a common food pantry systems. If not for the private sector that keeps providing jobs, the city will be gone for the gutters.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by sulasa07(m): 7:07pm On Feb 08, 2020
Liliyann:
Every time Lagos undecided
Last I check, Lagos is not the only city! In fact, there are better city than Lagos...why are people rushing to Lagos? Is their destined tied to Lagos??
The same way people rush to USA and UK

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by seniormallam(m): 7:11pm On Feb 08, 2020
Addme:

That is the problem with our people..you can easily tell them you are not an uber driver.
They have no right to search your phone Just don't hang it where they will see it.
Simply tell them the person you are carrying is a friend/sister/ brother or even your boss as the case may be.
Tell me how they would differentiate it from private cars..
In Lagos,one needs to be street smart to survive. It's madness you use to cure Madness.
As a VIO officer I will just give the driver a piece of paper and a pen.........
1. Where does your sister/friend/brother/boss work

2. Address

3. State of origin

4. Church attended

And the said sister/friend/brother/boss work must answer correctly
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Coolcalmcollect(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2020
please let them ban uber, they were happy when they ban bike and keke, cane they used for first wife, they've used for second wife....bastard car drivers. Lagos should ban them, they are mad.

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by vincentjk(m): 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2020
That's how local government tax force were disturbing me earlier this year. Last last I cleared my papers with 3k instead the normal 10k my fellow truck owners pay... These guys no get chill at all
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by simplibaba(m): 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2020
Investing in any transportation business in this Lagos State is a big risk..

We offer a swift and efficient delivery service @SwiftTrak logistics.
Check my signature to place for your next delivery service.

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Azmanaty: 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2020
seniormallam:

As a VIO officer I will just give the driver a piece of paper and a pen.........

2. Address

3. State of origin

4. Church attended

They have no right whatsoever to ask you these. Are they police?? You sue the hell outta them. We take every shit in this country as the norm

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Kasalee001(m): 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2020
Tinubu needs money to pursue 2023 presidential seat

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by peeps4u: 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2020
seniormallam:

2. Address

3. State of origin

4. Church attended

LOL, and if the rider calls your bluff and refuses to even answer those useless questions, what more will u do to prove the driver is uber?

Which stupid right does VIO have to be asking every rider such question or check your phone?

2 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by sykeng(m): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2020
seniormallam:

2. Address

3. State of origin

4. Church attended

That's how you people abuse power, when you turn EFCC OR POLICE? Don't try that with me make craze no cure craze. Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by seniormallam(m): 8:14pm On Feb 08, 2020
Azmanaty:

They have no right whatsoever to ask you these. Are they police?? You sue the hell outta them. We take every shit in this country as the norm
They are only doing their work.........have you sued tertiary institutions for charging you the money for your result verification?.......... Shebi it's them that are doubting the result, how come I'm the one paying to clear their doubt?

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Damilola6543: 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2020
see below
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by seniormallam(m): 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
sykeng:

That's how you people abuse power, when you turn EFCC OR POLICE? Don't try that with me make craze no cure craze. Nonsense
From next week VIOs will have at least one police officer on their patrol..........

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by goat22: 8:21pm On Feb 08, 2020
dgbanj:
Brand new 4 bedroom duplex at crown estate for sale

you gree sell am for 2500? I go put 2 pure water on top.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Helicopter Carrying Top Politicians Crashes In Brazil (video) / Residents Dancing Inside The Flooded Market In ABA Due To Rainfall / Man Places His Leg On The Window, As He Smokes While Driving On An Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.