Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown (40392 Views)

VIO Uses Robot To Control Traffic In Abuja, Drivers Obey (Video) / Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria / Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by yeman1(m): 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2020
TissuePaper:
Dammmmn Nigggaaar

I don't support this VIO shit, I get three cars for road wey I dey use do Uber

Abeg make una free us real niggars

Pls dm me on signature. I want to do Uber in Lagos. Im interested

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by seniormallam(m): 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2020
peeps4u:

LOL, and if the rider calls your bluff and refuses to even answer those useless questions, what more will u do to prove the driver is uber?

Which stupid right does VIO have to be asking every rider such question or check your phone?
It's simple register your car as commercial....... Otherwise, if I suspect you I have every right to satisfy my curiosity before releasing you, or you wait for US to do a quick check with taxify/uber/bolt.
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by seniormallam(m): 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2020
okorotalkative:

What if the VIO guys made a request for ride on either of the platforms? And you reach there, dem clamp your wheels?
I think I will share this your idea........too sweet
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Christian8976: 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2020
see below
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by goat22: 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2020
seniormallam:

I think I will share this your idea........too sweet

As a VIO officer can you answer why most VI officers are wretched? Their uniform becomes it was white with torn trousers with patch patch at the buttocks side plus dirty shoe? is it 5000 naira they pay you guys to stand in the sun like thief? And is that 5000 naira enough to feed your family? Please enlighten on the issue. Thanks!

6 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by remele2(f): 8:43pm On Feb 08, 2020
seniormallam:

It's simple register your car as commercial....... Otherwise, if I suspect you I have every right to satisfy my curiosity before releasing you, or you wait for US to do a quick check with taxify/uber/bolt.

You know what happnes the moment you try to see urself as God bcus of a small position you occupy??

I will not tell you, just find out.

4 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by emonis88: 8:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
philip0906:
Sanwo Olu is finally proving to be the drug addict the erstwhile governor accused him of.

Like his seniors at the federal level, he is proving to be a clueless, senile and unfortunate human. The saddest part of this whole thing is, his godfather, has Lagos by the balls and come next election, as long as he gets the nod of his godfather, thousands of senseless Lagosians would still queue up to vote him.
My brother I thought I was the only one aware of this.

2 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by FrankLampard: 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2020
Liliyann:
Every time Lagos undecided
Last I check, Lagos is not the only city! In fact, there are better city than Lagos...why are people rushing to Lagos? Is their destined tied to Lagos??

God will help us someday.

2 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Mummyfour(f): 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2020
TissuePaper:
Dammmmn Nigggaaar

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Mummyfour(f): 9:04pm On Feb 08, 2020
TissuePaper:
Dammmmn Nigggaaar

. Guy,pls how lucrative is this Uber thing? I am thinking of starting it in Abuja. Pls respond if you can

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
masseratti:
all documentation you need is in the app, this is my Lagos too, you guys are going above board, you are taking the corpse into the mosque.

are you an illiterate? what does the app have to do with Lagos state government? how much is uber paying to the Lagos state government as Tax abi nah uber construct the roads ? causing gridlocks everywhere and making money without paying Tax? who does that?
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Enemyofpeace: 9:12pm On Feb 08, 2020
Lalasticlala has started collecting Valentine gifts from his numerous fans.
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by peeps4u: 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2020
seniormallam:

VIO has no right to check phone's and if a rider claims the driver is his brother, he can choose not to answer any stupid question about address, job etc you mentioned. Only a weakling will amentertain such from a VIO.

4 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Futureyahooboi(m): 9:41pm On Feb 08, 2020
I have both the National Driving licence and Driver Institute certificate, i forgot my driving Licence at home but i was with my drivers Institute certificate, i was shocked when the police man told me; oga this one we no know am o!�... so what is the purpose of the drivers Institute certificate for ??

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by victorian(f): 9:43pm On Feb 08, 2020
Jeromejnr:

And they are too docile that's the problem.

They accept any rubbish, suffering and smiling like there is nothing they can do about it.

Not all of them.

Some areas in Lagos are not affected by these Okada ban

cool

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by rotile247(m): 10:10pm On Feb 08, 2020
Addme:

That is the problem with our people..you can easily tell them you are not an uber driver.
They have no right to search your phone Just don't hang it where they will see it.
Simply tell them the person you are carrying is a friend/sister/ brother or even your boss as the case may be.
Tell me how they would differentiate it from private cars..
In Lagos,one needs to be street smart to survive. It's madness you use to cure Madness.

Other times vio officials (disguise) simply book a ride just like any rider when the Uber driver gets there, they are picked up.
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by CeterisXVII: 10:22pm On Feb 08, 2020
philip0906:
Sanwo Olu is finally proving to be the drug addict the erstwhile governor accused him of.

Like his seniors at the federal level, he is proving to be a clueless, senile and unfortunate human. The saddest part of this whole thing is, his godfather, has Lagos by the balls and come next election, as long as he gets the nod of his godfather, thousands of senseless Lagosians would still queue up to vote him.
That LASDRI License is nothing, but sheer fraud. angry

Once you go to a driving school, and take all the relevant tests and you pass, you can apply for a national drivers license, and it will be issued to you. sad

Your valid national driver's license, qualifies you to drive in all states of the federation. undecided

So is the Lagos Driving Institute trying to tell us that their own license is superior to the national driver's license which is controlled and issued under the auspices of the FRSC? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by LZAA: 10:31pm On Feb 08, 2020
Liliyann:
Last I check, Lagos is not the only city! In fact, there are better city than Lagos...why are people rushing to Lagos? Is their destined tied to Lagos??
Musachukwudi must hear this
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed helinues
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by divineappo(m): 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2020
blessochampion:
It is evident that nothing will work for anybody in Lagos anymore, except the politicians.

People will start going to Ibadan.
na who go enter uber for Ibadan? Lol

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by kpaofame: 10:56pm On Feb 08, 2020
TissuePaper:
Dammmmn Nigggaaar

grin cheesy wink

Repeat what you said in the thread about ban of tricycles nah Selfish entity...

You also will feel the anguish others pass through when their source of money making is truncated by policies, that's if u really have cars operating uber o.

2 Likes

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Nobody: 12:09am On Feb 09, 2020
Liliyann:
baby can I come to your city?
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 09, 2020
Government has concluded that Lagosians are too fat. Hence they want to ensure we trek everywhere to burn it off.
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:10am On Feb 09, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
How dem know sey d driver na Uber ?
99% of them Use Corolla or big daddy and they like to hand phone on dashboard with Map showing... When I see them on the road, I immediately know them
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by drmikeadams(m): 1:14am On Feb 09, 2020
goat22:

As a VIO officer can you answer why most VI officers are wretched? Their uniform becomes it was white with torn trousers with patch patch at the buttocks side plus dirty shoe? is it 5000 naira they pay you guys to stand in the sun like thief? And is that 5000 naira enough to feed your family? Please enlighten on the issue. Thanks!

grin grin grin. Y won't they wear torn trousers when all they do is extort their fellow citizens,,them and police dey receive curses per second mutiplied by 365 days

1 Like

Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by drmikeadams(m): 1:15am On Feb 09, 2020
INDUSTRIALFAN:
99% of them Use Corolla or big daddy and they like to hand phone on dashboard with Map showing... When I see them on the road, I immediately know them
grin grin grin

One empty brain slay kween go sit-down for back dey press fone
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by drmikeadams(m): 1:21am On Feb 09, 2020
Mummyfour:
. Guy,pls how lucrative is this Uber thing? I am thinking of starting it in Abuja. Pls respond if you can
grin grin ; weekly payments for Abuja na 20k per week if u no wan hear story,,get a car,find driver. And sign agreement,,,either high purchase or weekly payment
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:57am On Feb 09, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin grin grin

One empty brain slay kween go sit-down for back dey press fone
I forgot to add that part grin grin
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by Liliyann(f): 4:10am On Feb 09, 2020
FrankLampard:

God will help us someday.
Amen
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by calabardick(m): 5:37am On Feb 09, 2020
remele2:

VIO request for a ride, u get to pick up point and instead of picking the rider.. U ARE BEING PICKED. Simple

Not only VIO, even police have been doing this, the marina area is a no go zone.
Re: Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown by yommen: 6:25am On Feb 09, 2020
The drivers should do the right thing. If your documents are intact, no one will harass you. It's not like these policies are not in operation in developed counties too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Helicopter Carrying Top Politicians Crashes In Brazil (video) / Man Places His Leg On The Window, As He Smokes While Driving On An Expressway / Residents Dancing Inside The Flooded Market In ABA Due To Rainfall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.