Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch (13458 Views)

Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar / Femi Adesina: Nigeria Would Have Been Dead And Gone If Buhari Wasn’t Elected / FFK Replies Sultan: 'If Christians Had Taken Up Arms, Nigeria Would Have Burnt" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Commentor: 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2020
OruExpress:
80% of the dutch government budget is derived rom taxing shell and 60-80% of shells money is dirvd from untaxed nigerian oil and gas.

Nearly everything you're seeing in this thread is built it part with stolen money from Nigeria. If you want to see Nigeria under the dutch go to the Ogoni and Ijaw regions of the Niger Delta.

Shell may be their largest corporation yet they have so many world beaters.

The biggest flight hub in Europe is Schiphol - Amsterdam.

Heineken - dutch.

FrieslandCampina makers of Peak milk are huge around the world.

ING Bank.

Philips.

Airbus.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Daviddson(m): 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Don't we deserve to be treated so...?
Do we really deserve to manage our AFFAIRS ourselves..??

If you are GOD, and you are to consider a TRIBE relocating to HEAVEN (...a Lovely place you took time to FIX), PLEASE who would you grant such a FEAT among the under listed TRIBES.. ;
1. WHITES
2. BLACKS.
3. MONGOLIA.

ANSWERS needed...
Your name is already a turn off for me grin. Good luck searching for an answer.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by nlPoster: 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2020
MelloJelly:

I highly doubt that the dutch were in nigeria. I believe British Portuguese and German and french were the only ones there

The Dutch were in the midwest, not sure about other parts of Nigeria but definitely there.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by nlPoster: 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2020
Daviddson:
This guy's penchant for worshipping his slave masters is beyond disgusting. The same Dutch who enslaved you South Africans for decades and treated you people as animals in your own country?

I think the OP is Nigerian?

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Flakkygees(f): 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2020
And now that we have been already colonised by British nko

meanwhile I sell Braided wigs PM or call 07032591927

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by oyatz(m): 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2020
But the Fulanis aren't the only people in Nigeria and certainly aren't ruling Anambra, Kogi, Osun or Edo States.

yanabasee:
Nigeria is what we have now, because We are being ruled by the Fulanis

3 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:
RuudVanNisteroy when are you coming to pick your brother ?

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2020
tartar9:
You forgot to add that we'd probably be sodomy loving and atheists by now undecided
What does it profits a man if he gains the whole world but losses his soul
Yea we are all saints here...including the rapists, kidnappers, oloshos, boko haram terrorists, and all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Wiifesnatcher(m): 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2020
[quote author=RuudVanNisteroy post=86488279][/quote]

is that Netherland immigration officer grin

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2020
The only reasonable answer is this, the white are focused on economic growth, healthcare, infrastructure and so forth. Africans we are left behind because all we care about is Jesus and his return. Peace

5 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2020
Commentor:

Shell may be their largest corporation yet they have so many world beaters.

The biggest flight hub in Europe is Schiphol - Amsterdam.

Heineken - dutch.

FrieslandCampina makers of Peak milk are huge around the world.

ING Bank.

Philips.

Airbus.

I only drink Heineken grin
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by juman(m): 7:28pm On Feb 08, 2020
One nigeria is a mistake.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Hoephase: 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2020
Een mooi land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2020
FrLukas:
The best we can hope for is that this unholy matrimonial match of disparate and incongruent ethnic nationalities be disbanded and proclaimed null and void.

The Dutch are not going to leave their homeland to come and develop Africa.

Let Nigerians continue to live in their filth and rot since we all kuku don't have sense.

Shey the oyinbo man that has ordered his cities and built an enviable civilization for himself has two heads abi?

Soon, you will see Nairaland shudren come and start posting pictures of street lighting and some tarred roads, private buildings etc as part of the development of their cities.

In reality, no electricity, no pipe borne water, no social security, nothing.
There is hope for Nigeria if we assemble our Dream Team to run the country;Imagine this line up:
Sports Minister - Kanu Nwankwo/Jay Jay Okocha
Minister of Finance - Tony Elumelu/Jim Ovia
Minister of Petroleum - Basil Omiyi/Mitiu Sunmou (Former MD's of Shell)
Minister of Trade - Adebayo Ogunlesi (Board member in Goldman Sachs )
Attorney General - Femi Falana
Minister of Information - Maupe Ogun (Channels TV)
The Dutch put their best brains forward. In Nigeria we do the opposite and that is the only difference.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by tartar9(m): 7:37pm On Feb 08, 2020
veeshock:

Yea we are all saints here...including the rapists, kidnappers, oloshos, boko haram terrorists, and all.
I don't even understand your comparison
Are all these not criminal offences here undecided

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 08, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:

is that Netherland immigration officer grin
Yes tongue
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

There is hope for Nigeria if we assemble our Dream Team to run the country.Imagine this line up:
Sports Minister - Kanu Nwankwo/Jay Jay Okocha
Minister of Finance - Tony Elumelu/Jim Ovia
Minister of Petroleum - Basil Omiyi/Mitiu Sunmou (Former MD's of Shell)
Minister of Trade - Adebayo Ogunlesi (Board member in Goldman Sachs )
Attorney General - Femi Falana
Minister of Information - Maupe Ogun (Channels TV)
The Dutch put their best brains forward. In Nigeria we do the opposite and that is the only difference.

In an ideal situation and a forward looking society.

Haven't you got it that Nigerians love pain and misery?

99.9% haven't been outside Nigeria before.

They don't understand what good governance looks like.

If you try to educate them they'll shout you down, for real.

I don't see any tangible change happening in Nigeria anytime soon.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2020
FrLukas:

In an ideal situation and a forward looking society.

Haven't you got it that Nigerians love pain and misery?

99.9% haven't been outside Nigeria before.

They don't understand what good governance looks like.

If you try to educate them they'll shout you down, for real.

I don't see any tangible change happening in Nigeria anytime soon.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
[quote author=RuudVanNisteroy post=86489149][/quote]

Yeah. That's how I feel too every time I think about Nigeria. cry cry cry cry
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Shell has provided thousands of Nigerians with jobs and are one of the highest paying companies in the country.

They pay their tax to the government as stipulated by the tax code and do their part when it comes to Corporate Social Responsibility.
What else do you want them to do?Provide security,electricity,road network-when that is the responsibility of the governement.

That's what dey use to deceive you...
Shell is a big time thief
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by peeps4u: 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2020
Kallmerb:
No point comparing dude.... What are you as an individual doing to make the country great again?

All most of u do is destroy Nigeria online

If you think he can alleviate the unemployment, provide food roads, light, education, good governance, good health facilities and other amenities to make Nigeria great, why cant you also do same and make Nigeria great?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
Xavfra:

That's what dey use to deceive you...
Shell is a big time thief
Who did they steal from?

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 08, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Who did they steal from?

Nigeria....
It's a joint agreement between d politicians and shell
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
Xavfra:

Nigeria....
It's a joint agreement between d politicians and shell
Shell operates within the laws of Nigeria.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by OlujobaSamuel: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2020
peeps4u:

If you think he can alleviate the unemployment, provide food roads, light, education, good governance, good health facilities and other amenities to make Nigeria great, why cant you also do same and make Nigeria great?
Nigeria is where it is today as a result of our collective action (good or bad).
Look at it from this perspective, in a class of 20pupils, 1person is talking at 5 decibels, will it be the same when 10pupils start talking at same 5decibel per person?
I come to you to vote for me, you ask me to give you a token to do that, or you tell me you can't leave your house for election, you went to a office to process document, you met 10 on ground, you can't wait and don't want to come back, you tip your way through, and other similar issues.
When we are tired of this system, no one will sit his is comfort zone to shout restructuring, we all are going to come out to set the restructuring in motion , for now, make we dey manage our democrazy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

Nigeria is where it is today as a result of our collective action (good or bad).
Look at it from this perspective, in a class of 20pupils, 1person is talking at 5 decibels, will it be the same when 10pupils start talking at same 5decibel per person?
I come to you to vote for me, you ask me to give you a token to do that, or you tell me you can't leave your house for election, you went to a office to process document, you met 10 on ground, you can't wait and don't want to come back, you tip your way through, and other similar issues.
When we are tired of this system, no one will sit his is comfort zone to shout restructuring, we all are going to come out to set the restructuring in motion , for now, make we dey manage our democrazy

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2020
Daviddson:
Your name is already a turn off for me grin. Good luck searching for an answer.
grin
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Smartmanager(m): 9:22pm On Feb 08, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Oranje
Looks like a scene from "The Hitman's Bodyguard"
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2020
FrLukas:

Yeah. That's how I feel too every time I think about Nigeria. cry cry cry cry
It can't go on like this forever can it?There has to be a turnaround one can only hope

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Smear Campaign Against Buhari Using Online Newspapers & Blogs - Femi Adesina / Save Nigeria Movement: DSS Raid On Sunday Igboho's Home Was Within The Law / Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.