Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch (13456 Views)

Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar / Femi Adesina: Nigeria Would Have Been Dead And Gone If Buhari Wasn’t Elected / FFK Replies Sultan: 'If Christians Had Taken Up Arms, Nigeria Would Have Burnt" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 10, 2020
Beachside:

There's no such thing as Biafra, that's a stupid and outdated term . There are ethnic nations(ethnicity) which were merged as one country : Igboland,Yorubaland,Calabar(Akwacross) ,Hausaland,Ijawland,Idoma land, etc. All nations have different population . Sweden's population is 5 million ,Japan's population is 100 million. that means nothing. Only primitive monkeys brag about large population ,instead instead of stop brreding like rabbits and multiplying poverty and diseases and general underdevelopment.
It is extremely foolish of you to think only igboland would develop while others won't .

exactly

Did I ever mention Biafra? Who said I am interested in Biafra as currently conceptualized by Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB?

Dont put words in my mouth. Did you even read what I wrote before responding? I never said other groups will not develop.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by baby124: 6:20am On Feb 10, 2020
Stupid thread. We don’t want the Dutch. We are good. The British are still trying to leech today. Use your stone and water to survive. Stop masturbating on what could have been. It will never happen. You obviously don’t know how Nigeria is composed.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 10, 2020
Beachside:

There's no such thing as Biafra, that's an outdated term . There are ethnic nations(ethnicity) which were merged as one country : Igboland,Yorubaland,Calabar(Akwacross) ,Hausaland,Ijawland,Idoma land, etc. All nations have different population . Norway's population is 5 million ,Japan's population is 100 million. That does not mean Japan is superior. Only primitive monkeys brag about large population ,instead of stop breeding like rabbits and multiplying poverty, diseases and general underdevelopment. Your igboland,like the rest of the Nigerian ethnicity receive allocation . Your leaders are corrupt thieves and criminals who haven't utilized the funds efficiently, and your place is also a shithole .
It is extremely foolish of you to think only igboland would develop while others won't .

Truth and nothing but the truth!

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 6:38am On Feb 10, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Truth and nothing but the truth

You and beachside should please point to me where I am defending Igbo leaders. I am beginning to feel that your goal distract and irritate rather than have an honest conversation.

The truth is that Corrupt and incompetent Igbo leadership thrives in Nigeria because of Nigeria. A lot of things corrupt Igbo leaders get away with in Nigeria wont be possible if we Igbos designed our own Nation according to our true ideals. Free from external influences and with political and fiscal transparency.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 10, 2020
baby124:
Stupid thread. We don’t want the Dutch. We are good. The British are still trying to leech today. Use your stone and water to survive. Stop masturbating on what could have been. It will never happen. You obviously don’t know how Nigeria is composed.
The current Nigeria leaders hate the country and want to keep it a fantastically corrupt shithole:
-They bank their looted money in tax havens in Carribean,UK,UAE,USA,
-Attend to their health in UAE,Germany,UK and America
-Their children all school in UK,USA,Canada and Australia
- The go on vacation to UK,UAE,Australia,France,Singapore
- Patronize only Foreign made Luxury Cars Mercedes,Lexus,Range Rover-when they can patronize Innosun Motors
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by baby124: 6:44am On Feb 10, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

The current Nigeria leaders hate the country and want to keep it a fantastically corrupt shithole:
-They bank their looted money in tax havens in Carribean,UK,UAE,USA,
-Attend to their health in UAE,Germany,UK and America
-Their children all school in UK,USA,Canada and Australia
- The go on vacation to UK,UAE,Australia,France,Singapore
- Patronize only Foreign made Luxury Cars Mercedes,Lexus,Range Rover-when they can patronize Innosun Motors
We have our problems so do you. No matter what, we are better off ruling ourselves than being slaves to some people somewhere who we don’t know or care about. Worry about your own country and keep track of it’s problems and how to fix it. Nigeria don’t need the Dutch. If we do, we will pay you to come and fix what we need and return home. Stay in your country and fantasize about how great you are. No one cares.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 10, 2020
-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 10, 2020
Beachside:
For being an idiot , the Imo river at Akwa ibom will be sandfilled soon. and Bayelsa will also be contacted to sandfill their portions of river. Border walls will be built.

The mistake I made was taking your opinions seriously. Now I have realized that you are a very petty person and no different from the rugged tribalists you claim to be above.

Please go and read the UN laws of the seas. Please go educate yourself, Pseudo-intellectual.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 10, 2020
baby124:

We have our problems so do you. No matter what, we are better off ruling ourselves than being slaves to some people somewhere who we don’t know or care about. Worry about your own country and keep track of it’s problems and how to fix it. Nigeria don’t need the Dutch. If we do, we will pay you to come and fix what we need and return home. Stay in your country and fantasize about how great you are. No one cares.
Nigeria population is heading for a population of 300 million according to projections, as the leaders plunder the country day and night. If you think things are bad now, wait until another 100 million people are added to the country.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 10, 2020
obowo69:

I will tell you this, Igbos are very competitive and what a lot of minorities around Igbos call Domination is actually Igbos out-competing and out-performing them. That situation will never change even if they have their own separate nations. In fact it will only get worse.

Igbo will not apologize to anyone or group for being hard working and successful.

If you cannot compete with Igbos in Nigeria despite all the marginalization that they face, then you will never out-compete them even if you get your own separate country free from Igbos.

Most Igbos I have had conversations with both online and offline actually do not want a country with Minorities in it. They dont want to be detracted by screams of domination and Marginalization.

Igbos want a country that will enable the rapid modernization and industrialization of Igboland just like Korea, Japan, Singapore and Israel.

Still doesn't negate what I said.

Competition. Like Fulani herdsmen are competing with farmers for land.

Go and study the words and actions of Nnamdi Azikiwe in the first Republic very well so that you can put my earlier statements in context.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by MaliqHassan: 8:16am On Feb 10, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Still doesn't negate what I said.

Competition. Like Fulani herdsmen are competing with farmers for land.

Go and study the words and actions of Nnamdi Azikiwe in the first Republic very well so that you can put my earlier statements in context.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 10, 2020
They sold us to England so they have no regrets. They would have lost it self after WW2 the reason why the Dutch (Afrikaners who are even considered as white South Africans) is because they settled there long before the British gained interest in SA through Natal.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by bigpicture001: 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Nigeria has never had a visionary leader that had plans to provide 24 hour electricity,world class roads and reduce corruption to a minimum that is why we have made no progress since 1960. Unlike other countries like Botswana,Rwanda and Namibia.
The Dream Team has to have a President with 21st century thinking capable of taking Nigeria to the next level. Possibly someone from the private sector that has proven to be succesful and not a career politicians or ex general.

Now I know ur age cuz u never knew obj

So employed ngozi okonjo ideals, Dora, elrufai,so ludo, created efcc, built 8 turbine plants, created communications, created Nddc, started railway revolution, strted national I.d card, sanitized our banks, de- regulated down stream oil sector, created the gas sector....

Guy u don't know obj.....
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 11, 2020
bigpicture001:

Now I know ur age cuz u never knew obj

So employed ngozi okonjo ideals, Dora, elrufai,so ludo, created efcc, built 8 turbine plants, created communications, created Nddc, started railway revolution, strted national I.d card, sanitized our banks, de- regulated down stream oil sector, created the gas sector....

Guy u don't know obj.....
I was in Nigeria when OBJ kept Nigeria a fantastically corrupt shithole, just like his predecessors:
-Spent $16 billion dollars on electricity to give us darkness
-When Chris Ngige a sitting Governor got kidnapped by Chris Uba and it was called a family affair
-When Nitel was sold to Pentascope with headquarters in a Church in Netherlands
-Were the major roads turned to death traps:Benin-Ore, Lagos-Ibadan, Warri- Port Harcourt
- Billions of dollars were spent on refineries that never worked.
-NDDC was a bastion of fantastical corruption. Can you point to any quality project they executed?
-Which National I.D card?
OBJ was no different from Abacha,IBB,Goodluck Jonathan or Buhari.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by grandstar(m): 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

The Dutch in South Africa where different from the ones in the homeland. The opened the way for blacks and asians in the colonies they owned such as Suriname,Aruba,Indonesia to be able to migrate to Netherlands. There are about 500 thousand blacks who were able to migrate to the country.
If they hated blacks they will not have let in that vast number from their colonies.

Also, I doubt the Netherlands ever colonized South Africa. It was Dutch men that settled there but I doubt the Dutch actually colonized the country.

Anyway, the Dutch weren't saints as colonizers as experience in Indonesia shows
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Bekool(m): 7:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Peace and serenity.

Very lovely country I heard most whites in South Africa are originally from Netherlands that's probably why that nation is well developed and civilized.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2020
Bekool:

Very lovely country I heard most whites in South Africa are originally from Netherlands that's probably why that nation is well developed and civilized.
Yes, the Dutch influence is strong in South Africa. Most of the white settlers are of Dutch heritage and Afrikaans a variant of Dutch dialect language of spoken my millions of people in South Africa.
Nigeria would have looked a lot like South Africa.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 15, 2020
grandstar:

Also, I doubt the Netherlands ever colonized South Africa. It was Dutch men that settled there but I doubt the Dutch actually colonized the country.

Anyway, the Dutch weren't saints as colonizers as experience in Indonesia shows
What the Dutch settlers in South Africa and Indonesia did to the locals in those two countries was inexcusable.All that is in the past now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Litmus: 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
OruExpress:
80% of the dutch government budget is derived from taxing shell and 60-80% of shells money is derived from untaxed nigerian oil and gas.

Nearly everything you're seeing in this thread is built it part with stolen money from Nigeria. If you want to see Nigeria under the dutch go to the Ogoni and Ijaw regions of the Niger Delta.

Lol, true.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
Litmus:

Lol, true.
Fake news!
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Litmus: 8:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Lies!
True.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 15, 2020
Litmus:

True.
Earnings from Oil and Gas only makes small portion of export earnings. The Dutch economy is diversified.

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Litmus: 8:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Earnings from Oil and Gas only makes small portion of export earnings. The Dutch economy is diversified.

If you are Nigerian, why assume Nigeria would be better under Dutchmen than under your rule if you lead Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
Litmus:

If you are Nigerian, why assume Nigeria would be better under Dutchmen than under your rule if you lead Nigeria?
Nigeria has some of the brighest people in the world, but they are relegated to the background. Nigeria is now poverty and corruption capital of the world and one of the few countries without 24 hour electricity.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 15, 2020
Bekool:

No they are mix of everyone in europe
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Litmus: 8:33pm On Feb 15, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Nigeria has some of the brighest people in the world, but they are relegated to the background. Nigeria is now poverty and corruption capital of the world and one of the few countries without 24 hour electricity.

They are relegated to the background for now. I believe that showing or telling us what Nigeria might look like under your presidency is far less an exercise in futility than showing us same under Dutch rule. I imagine a far grander looking Nigeria than Holland in my philosophy. The point being Race has nothing to do with it if this is your implication.

...explaining what you would do as leader still affords you the opportunity to present your facts& figures and criticise what you believe to be our abiding National deficiencies.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2020
Litmus:

They are relegated to the background for now. I believe that showing or telling us what Nigeria might look like under your presidency is far less an exercise in futility than showing us same under Dutch rule. I imagine a far grander looking Nigeria than Holland in my philosophy. The point being Race has nothing to do with it if this is your implication.

...explaining what you would do as leader still affords you the opportunity to present your facts& figures and criticise what you believe to be our abiding National deficiencies.
This is my dream for Nigeria:
Sports Minister - Kanu Nwankwo/Jay Jay Okocha
Minister of Finance - Jim Ovia/Atedo Peterside
Minister of Petroleum - Basil Omiyi/Mitiu Sunmou (Former MD's of Shell)
Minister of Trade - Adebayo Ogunlesi (Board member in Goldman Sachs )
Attorney General - Femi Falana
Minister of Information - Maupe Ogun (Channels TV)
Minister of Communications - Linda Ikeji
President - Tony Elumelu
Nigeria will rapidly transform within 10 years. Having the most successfull and visionary people in the highest political office that are not there to plunder the nation or please the thieving political class. That is what the lineup of most G7 countries looks at federal,state or local government level.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Litmus: 3:34pm On Feb 16, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

This is my dream for Nigeria:
Sports Minister - Kanu Nwankwo/Jay Jay Okocha
Minister of Finance - Jim Ovia/Atedo Peterside
Minister of Petroleum - Basil Omiyi/Mitiu Sunmou (Former MD's of Shell)
Minister of Trade - Adebayo Ogunlesi (Board member in Goldman Sachs )
Attorney General - Femi Falana
Minister of Information - Maupe Ogun (Channels TV)
Minister of Communications - Linda Ikeji
President - Tony Elumelu
Nigeria will rapidly transform within 10 years. Having the most successfull and visionary people in the highest political office that are not there to plunder the nation or please the thieving political class. That is what the lineup of most G7 countries looks at federal,state or local government level.

Why these people, what are their qualities? If I’m asking too wide a question what for instance would/could Kanu Nwankwo/Jay Jay Okocha introduce to revolutionise sports in Nigeria ? I’m assuming the latter have said things about sports that impressed you and made you believe they would be revolutionary
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2020
Litmus:

Why these people, what are their qualities? If I’m asking too wide a question what for instance would/could Kanu Nwankwo/Jay Jay Okocha introduce to revolutionise sports in Nigeria ? I’m assuming the latter have said things about sports that impressed you and made you believe they would be revolutionary
The rose to the pinnacle of their professions through their integrityhard,work and incorruptability. They are visionaries that have led large organizations or teams to sucess.
Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Rossippi: 12:26am On Feb 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You are a liar and an ignoramus. Get this: MAJORITY of nations on earth are developing nations. Fully 80% of countries.

ALL but a handful of those nations lack 24 hr power supply, and lack full access to electricity among their populations.

Plus if Nigeria is the ''poverty capital'' of anywhere, whatever the hell that means, she is also the middle class capital of Africa, as she has the largest middle class on the continent.

Finally, Nigeria is NOT the 'corruption capital' of the world, you nasty liar. Transparency International Corruption index does not have Nigeria anywhere near the most corrupt nations, so stop LYING.

And you can take your Dutch bullshiit and stick it up your fat colonialist asss.

We want NOTHING to do with you or any other colonial looters.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Rossippi: 12:34am On Feb 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Nigeria population is heading for a population of 300 million according to projections, as the leaders plunder the country day and night. If you think things are bad now, wait until another 100 million people are added to the country.

Absolute GARBAGE. Nigeria will be the world's 3rd most populous nation on earth after China and India by 2050, according to projections. That will drive the world's investors to Nigeria, which would be the 3rd biggest consumer market on earth.

Her annual GDP is also set to rise from a current 400 billion USD per annum to 2.5 TRILLION USD by 2050, as further economic growth and investment occurs, making her one of the top 10 economies on earth.

So your doomsday predictions are discredited, null and void.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch by Nobody: 2:50am On Feb 17, 2020
Rossippi:

You are a liar and an ignoramus. Get this: MAJORITY of nations on earth are developing nations. Fully 80% of countries.

ALL but a handful of those nations lack 24 hr power supply, and lack full access to electricity among their populations.

Plus if Nigeria is the ''poverty capital'' of anywhere, whatever the hell that means, she is also the middle class capital of Africa, as she has the largest middle class on the continent.

Finally, Nigeria is NOT the 'corruption capital' of the world, you nasty liar. Transparency International Corruption index does not have Nigeria anywhere near the most corrupt nations, so stop LYING.

And you can take your Dutch bullshiit and stick it up your fat colonialist asss.

We want NOTHING to do with you or any other colonial looters.

Nigeria has never had leaders, but looters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Donates ₦500,000 To Southern Kaduna Mass Killings Victims / EndSARS Riots Aftermath: Over 2,200 Businesses Apply For Lagos Recovery Fund / Sen Kalu Congratulates Ikpeazu Over Commissioning Of Osisioma Flyover (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.