Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros (14602 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Enjoys Ball Jogging With Young Boy Born Without Legs (photos) / Saw Aiyebgeni Jogging Around The Estate Make I Jam Am For 2010 W/cup Miss? / Cristiano Ronaldo Jr Jogging A Football (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by chukzyfcbb: 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2021
As someone who used to jog regularly and stopped for years and tried to continue, I can tell you that your story is common with us all...

When you resume jogging after a very long period, your legs will feel terrible it would feel like you are about to fall sick.

the secret is to start slow.

Day 1: Don't push your body hard, jog an average amount but first walk some minutes before jogging to get blood circulation moving.

after day 1 , you will feel terrible as bad as even finding it hard to climb stair case. Take a lot of time off 1 week if possible, by then the pain would have subsided.

then Resume
Day 2, take it slow again

take a day or two break

then come back on day 3 and start jogging regularly.

remember do not jog daily, your body needs time to repair the tissues!!!

Hit the run man if you can, Jogging made me think sharper
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by chukzyfcbb: 9:03pm On Apr 26, 2021
Simpubozz:
I want to also commence jogging on weekends only to burn some calories. How many minutes of jogging is ideal??
There is really no approved time.

some can jog very very fast akin to running for 5minutes,take a break and repeat it over and over. This is often called HIIT in the cardio world.

some prefer to jog as long as 30minutes - 1hour but at a much slower pace

so do you want speed or distance

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by vioment: 10:19pm On Apr 26, 2021
Massage, sometimes intensive massage, after jogging or working out, then rest.

You don't need medication except you have an underlying issue, and depending on the underlying issue, don't do it. Do something else.
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by mygee2(m): 10:26pm On Apr 26, 2021
sampete:
I started jogging last year after quitting for more than 4 years. I have been having pains around my kneecap and my legs in general after jogging, and most times I can't stand on my legs the next day. I have had to stop to recuperate then continue, the pain continues. I have even had to build endurance, hoping the pains would go if I continue jogging everyday, it only got worst. Now I jog only on Saturdays and I still tend to feel pains around my legs and knee the next Saturday.

I would really love to go jogging at least 4 times in a week. Please guys what do I do?

Please I will like to know if there are drugs I can take for the pain or for quick relief?

Also are there any food supplements I can take to strengthened my bones?
The pain is normal it would stop in time of you keep the consistency but stretching your legs before and after jugging is highly recommended for recovery in order to stretch the muscles to avoid injuries also the boots you jog with is also important start small and keep increasing distance as you build on your insurance

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by publicenemy(m): 10:34pm On Apr 26, 2021
sampete:
I started jogging last year after quitting for more than 4 years. I have been having pains around my kneecap and my legs in general after jogging, and most times I can't stand on my legs the next day. I have had to stop to recuperate then continue, the pain continues. I have even had to build endurance, hoping the pains would go if I continue jogging everyday, it only got worst. Now I jog only on Saturdays and I still tend to feel pains around my legs and knee the next Saturday.

I would really love to go jogging at least 4 times in a week. Please guys what do I do?

Please I will like to know if there are drugs I can take for the pain or for quick relief?

Also are there any food supplements I can take to strengthened my bones?

you have added weight and the pressure is too much for you knees. lose weight by watching your diet for some weeks before going out to jog or carry out on the spot exercises like skip rope for sometime. when you start feeling lait you can go jogging again.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by Xkale1234(m): 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2021
Call me is something that u must do which is cupping in English while in hausa they call it Kaho. Call me 4 more explanation 08126620816
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by Edaniels9(m): 1:02am On Apr 27, 2021
If you weigh above 110KG.

Exercising may put you at risk of joint pain and strain amongst other risks.

Ideally, you should aim to shed some weight before you commence exercise.

I have a 6 weeks online weight mangement program specially designed for people who currently weigh above 110KG. If you are interested send me a DM to join.

I am admitting only 10 people for this program. 3 slots have been take 7 slots currently available.
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by Jeffy1206(m): 1:05am On Apr 27, 2021
Walking is better than running. Try that and thank me later. Try taking ibuprofen +pcm for the pain after your normal routine.
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by iRepNaija1: 3:57am On Apr 27, 2021
You need a knee brace, something that will give you the extra support and padding your knees need.
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by nairamaniac: 7:46am On Apr 27, 2021
Touchfarm:
Please visit a lab and check your uric acid level.

Samething happened to me few years ago. I tried most hospitals and did x rays and scan. All the doctors could come up with was arthritis and gave me pain tablets.

I had to stop jogging and boxing completely for 6years due to the pain and working was almost becoming impossible.

I was lucky to get a contact of a doctor in india. He requested for the x rays and scan I did and confirmed that its not a bone issue. He asked me to run 3 different test and one of them was uric acid test.

I went to different labs in my area and even visited lagos state teaching hospital at ikeja and they told me they don't have the equipment for the uric acid test

A nurse later directed me to a private lab where I did the test and result was sent to me within a week.

The result confirmed that my uric acid level was extremely high (13 and the maximum for male is 4-7). I sent the result through whatsapp and the Indian doctor told me this is why am having knee pain.

He prescribed some drugs for me and within two weeks, I was free of pains.

Imagine suffering for more than 6 years with knee pain and not being able to work well and all doctors I met in lagos could give to me was pain medication.

nice info.

pls how much did it cost u to do the uric acid test?

what are the other tests the doctor recommended to u?
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by akin101: 11:42am On Apr 27, 2021
Please check out the following link on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGybO-bWZ3W6URh42sdMQiw

The man really knows his onions and disects with clinical precision why knees need to be strengthened especially as one grows older.
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by ZooOga: 12:43pm On Apr 27, 2021

Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by litaninja(m): 3:26pm On Apr 27, 2021
A medical checkup is what you need BEFORE you resume or take up strenuous workouts.
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by nairamaniac: 8:51am On Jul 01, 2021
emerazz:
Go to the pharmacy and order for calciton.. tnk me lata.. was once in your shoes

Pls shed more light on this drugs. Does it help for arthritis?
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by nairamaniac: 9:12am On Jul 01, 2021
Touchfarm:

Samething happened to me few years ago. I tried most hospitals and did x rays and scan. All the doctors could come up with was arthritis and gave me pain tablets.

I had to stop jogging and boxing completely for 6years due to the pain and working was almost becoming impossible.

I was lucky to get a contact of a doctor in india. He requested for the x rays and scan I did and confirmed that its not a bone issue. He asked me to run 3 different test and one of them was uric acid test.

I went to different labs in my area and even visited lagos state teaching hospital at ikeja and they told me they don't have the equipment for the uric acid test

A nurse later directed me to a private lab where I did the test and result was sent to me within a week.

The result confirmed that my uric acid level was extremely high (13 and the maximum for male is 4-7). I sent the result through whatsapp and the Indian doctor told me this is why am having knee pain.

Imagine suffering for more than 6 years with knee pain and not being able to work well and all doctors I met in lagos could give to me was pain medication.

Hi Touchfarm. I'm still suffering the knee pains. Affecting my jogging and other sports.

Pls how do I go about the uric test test?

How much did the test cost u?
Are u saying that it wasn't arthritis you had all the while, initially?

That it wasn't any form of arthritis or rheumatism?

Pls be kind enough to reply.

I am asking for the cost of the uric acid test and drugs you took, so I have idea of the cost of treatment.
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:36pm On Aug 14, 2021
Touchfarm:

Pls share info on d type of drugs proscribed.
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by nairamaniac: 8:26pm On Sep 03, 2022
emerazz:
Go to the pharmacy and order for calciton.. tnk me lata.. was once in your shoes
happy new years.

Pls enlighten us about this drug.

Im still having the knee pain.

Is it calcitonin or calciton?

Or any of the images I attached?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Messi: I'd Like To Return To Barcelona As Technical Secretary / FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss / Mali Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 (2 - 0) On 16th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.