Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (77801 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2011
coded guy:

The arsenal thread is like a muppet graveyard. Am LMFAO.
3 points even with a man down. Its crunch time, i think.

that's the difference between man utd and the rest of the league. down to 10 men, the other teams would play it safe and play for 0-0. not ferguson!
he gambles. . . . .and at the end of the season, some twunts would say united didn't deserve the title or they have not played well. carrick became carrenbauer in the heart of the defence. the urgency tripled. . . .waves of attack after attack. this is why i love this club.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 7:42pm On Mar 19, 2011
ritchboy:

DING! Exactly what i was having a laugh at. . . If it's Berbatov, it's luck. But if it was Hernandez, it would be down to his "unbelievable movement" grin grin grin

Naturally, if you've seen any of them play you'll see that they are completely different types of strikers. Hernandez runs the line all the time and has little involvement in the build up play while Berba prefers playing infront of the defence. So surely you can see why its more luck for Berba to be in that position than Hernandez who constantly makes those runs?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 8:00pm On Mar 19, 2011
Apparently Douglas Costa was in our directors box at today's match. Would be an interesting signing to say the least.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 8:07pm On Mar 19, 2011
*Cougar*:

that's the difference between man utd and the rest of the league. down to 10 men, the other teams would play it safe and play for 0-0. not ferguson!
he gambles. . . . .and at the end of the season, some twunts would say united didn't deserve the title or they have not played well. carrick became carrenbauer in the heart of the defence. the urgency tripled. . . .waves of attack after attack. this is why i love this club.

All these multiple orgasmz because you beat Bolton at home? shocked grin grin

I remember a few seasons ago when Diaby was sent off early in a game against the same Bolton and Arsenal still came from 2 goals down to win the game 3-2, AWAY from home.

You played with 10 men for like 10 mins and una dey make all this noise?

I dey laff grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2011
ritchboy:

I remember a few seasons ago when Diaby was sent off early in a game against the same Bolton and Arsenal still came from 2 goals down to win the game 3-2, AWAY from home.

i remember you had cesc fabregas in your defence against megson's bolton some seasons ago as well, didn't you?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2011
ritchboy:

Lol, That's why you will never understand the mentality of a champion, if you think this was all about beating Bolton at home.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 8:32pm On Mar 19, 2011
*Cougar*:

i remember you had cesc fabregas in your defence against megson's bolton some seasons ago as well, didn't you?

Hehehe, Carrick is a holding midfielder and he's like 6 foot plus, the closest player to him at Arsenal would be Song.

Why would Cesc play CB? Would Scholes(the closest player to Cesc at United) play at CB? cheesy

Mr_TA:

Lol, That's why you will never understand the mentality of a champion, if you think this was all about beating Bolton at home.

This guy is hilarious! Alrighty then, explain the "mentality of a champion" to me. grin grin

If you'd produced that performance against a quality side you can make noise, but United are superior to Bolton in all possible ways.

Even if you start the game with 10 men you are still favorites to win.

There is nothing United did today any other top team in the league couldn't have done. Reserve your ejaculations for when you actually do something noteworthy! tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 8:51pm On Mar 19, 2011
ritchboy:

Hehehe, Carrick is a holding midfielder and he's like 6 foot plus, the closest player to him at Arsenal would be Song.

Why would Cesc play CB? Would Scholes(the closest player to Cesc at United) play at CB? cheesy

the team arsenal played against bolton in 2008. . . . .

Almunia, Toure, Senderos (Walcott 59), Gallas, Clichy, Hleb, Flamini, Fabregas, Diaby, Bendtner (Adebayor 60), Van Persie (Justin Hoyte 90).

as at then, toure and gallas were your first choice centre-backs. diaby saw red but it didn't really dent arsenal's defence because flamini sat in front of his defence and kept things tidy. tonight, united had no vidic and rio. . . . .their 4th choice defender(johnny evans) got sent off leaving carrick and giggs in the midfield against a more improved bolton side we could not beat at reebok stadium. anyone comparing this new bolton to the one under megson in 2008 needs a brain surgeon.

This guy is hilarious! Alrighty then, explain the "mentality of a champion" to me. grin grin

If you'd produced that performance against a quality side you can make noise, but United are superior to Bolton in all possible ways.

Even if you start the game with 10 men you are still favorites to win.

There is nothing United did today any other top team in the league couldn't have done. Reserve your ejaculations for when you actually do something noteworthy! tongue

united are superior to bolton but united did not play it's strongest team by any means. even the commentators noted bolton wouldn't have a better chance of beating united if they didn't win today. no vidic and rio was a blow. to get johnny sent off again was a bigger blow. yet, the players motored on and got the vital 3 points needed and you want us not to celebrate? should we start weeping for arsenal then?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 12:06am On Mar 20, 2011
Abajor cheesy Ive just seen Manuel's latest howler. no wonder you're in our thread. I totally understand now. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by lalaboi(m): 12:10am On Mar 20, 2011
Mr_TA:

Abajor cheesy Ive just seen Manuel's latest howler. no wonder you're in our thread. I totally understand now. grin

Bruv. . It was shocking. . . . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2011
Well done Utd. . . .pulling a victory from the jaws of a draw.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 5:33pm On Mar 20, 2011
debosky:

Well done Utd. . . .pulling a victory from the jaws of a draw.

Out of all the Arsenal fans . . .Debosky is one of the few that's got sense. grin grin grin grin
Bravo!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by RuuDie(m): 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2011
Wow. . . . great win - much needed in the light of Arsenal's result.

And I really think we should start giving Berbatov the credit he deserves; at least he's stepped up this season and is doing more than he used to. . . .as that shot left nani's boots, you could see him already moving towards the goal in case of a rebound - thinking of a poacher, which he naturally isn't but is learning well and fast too!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 12:50pm On Mar 21, 2011
Unfortunately, Holden is out for 6 months. Bad tackle from Evans but it was abit unlucky as well.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2011
Mr_TA:

Unfortunately, Holden is out for 6 months. Bad tackle from Evans but it was abit unlucky as well.

well, football is a contact sports. i feel sorry for holden and evans had no right going so hard like that. however, evans' tackle wasn't malicious. he got the ball but it was his follow through that ruined holden's leg.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2011
This same Evans karate kicked DD last season. . . .is it just a 'contact sport' issue or someone with a degree of recklessness?

#justasking
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2011
debosky:

This same Evans karate kicked DD last season. . . .is it just a 'contact sport' issue or someone with some recklessness.
I didn't know you saw it also
and Carragher was branded an 'anti-christ' because of his tackle on Nani(who was back playing in a few days)
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 7:54pm On Mar 21, 2011
One full page gone!!
Who were those fighting?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 10:31pm On Mar 21, 2011
Ravel has let his petulance get the best of him. Now he's going to miss the FAYC semifinals against Chelsea. angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 2:06pm On Mar 22, 2011
@HNIC
Your point is?
Evans got a red and what did Charagher get?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2011
tkb417:

@HNIC
Your point is?
Evans got a red and what did Charagher get?
@tkb417
Naah
I am talking about the reaction after the incident.
SAF called carra names.
Manure fans abused him
Nani insulted him when he was fit agin, despite it, being on record that Carra tried to apologise after the game and he was chased away from Utd's vicinity.
Compare it with Holden forgiving Evans on twitter and Coyle not dwelling much on it and the fans not having much to say!
One player was back playing after a few days, the other is out for 6 months.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2011
HNIC:

@tkb417
Naah
I am talking about the reaction after the incident.
SAF called carra names.
Manure fans abused him
Nani insulted him when he was fit agin, despite it, being on record that Carra tried to apologise after the game and he was chased away from Utd's vicinity.
Compare it with Holden forgiving Evans on twitter and Coyle not dwelling much on it and the fans not having much to say!
One player was back playing after a few days, the other is out for 6 months.

Why are you talking lie this? undecided undecided undecided
There is a clear difference.

Carra's tackle could be termed 'intentional' as it was high and no way near the ball. Nani was just very lucky to still be playing this week.
Evan's tackle was a 50-50 one where Holden was the unluckly one. Nothing intentional. Evans got the ball but his follow-through was what caused the damage. He also apologised.

Evans got a RED . . . Carra went unpunished.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 8:32pm On Mar 22, 2011
What is this HNIC saying? The reason people talked about Nanis case was cos Charrager wasnt punished. What do you want Holden and Coyle to say to Evans? He shd be given a green card or be sent to jail

The way we talked about Carra is the same way your coach, your players and ur people talked about the stoke
guy that sent Ramsey out for a while. So I don't get you

UTD, Coach, Nani and everyone made comments cos Charra wasn't punished and if u have eyes, u'll see the intent in Charraghers tackle compared to Evans' which was 50:50 and oh yeah, he got punished for it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 9:40pm On Mar 22, 2011
chamotex:

Carra's tackle could be termed[b] 'intentional'[/b] as it was high and no way near the ball. Nani was just very lucky to still be playing this week.
Evan's tackle was a 50-50 one where Holden was the unluckly one. Nothing intentional. Evans got the ball but his follow-through was what caused the damage. He also apologised.
The age long question.
How do you determine the intention of a player?
Ask Taylor and Shawcross, they will tell you it was not intentional and you will have sky pundits and their gaffers telling you 'they are not that kind of player'.
What happens to the footballer on the receiving end of the tackle?
He may play again, but never be the same 'ever' again.
Apart from Roy Keane who stated specifically in his book that he set out to maim that man city player,I haven't seen any other player who has come out to say he intended injuring a player.
Evans could have pulled out of that tackle and we won't be talking about this(Remember the karate kick on Drogba last season, not'intentional' abi?) and about Carra, unless he and Nani have some beef over a girl,he would swear till tomorrow, that he went for the ball and not Nani's legs
All depends on whose side you are on!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2011
tkb417:

What is this HNIC saying? The reason people talked about Nanis case was cos Charrager wasnt punished. What do you want Holden and Coyle to say to Evans? He shd be given a green card or be sent to jail
The way we talked about Carra is the same way your coach, your players and your people talked about the stoke
guy that sent Ramsey out for a while
. So I don't get you
UTD, Coach, Nani and everyone made comments cos Charra wasn't punished and if u have eyes, u'll see the intent in Charraghers tackle compared to Evans' which was 50:50 and oh yeah, he got punished for it.
The Stoke guy BROKE Ramsey's leg into pieces.
The moment I saw Nani rise up to complain to the ref, I knew it wasn't that serious.
Anyways, I am just talking about the 'over the top' reaction that made Carra looked like 'Satan' when he even apologised and tried to reach out to Nani.
and If I remember correctly,he got a yellow
Try Dowd, who didn't book Barton at all for his assault on Diaby and that stupid ref who didn't book De Jong when he snapped Ben Arfa's legs into two
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 11:52am On Mar 23, 2011
HNIC:

The Stoke guy BROKE Ramsey's leg into pieces.
The moment I saw Nani rise up to complain to the ref, I knew it wasn't that serious.
Anyways, I am just talking about the 'over the top' reaction that made Carra looked like 'Satan' when he even apologised and tried to reach out to Nani.
and If I remember correctly,he got a yellow
Try Dowd, who didn't book Barton at all for his assault on Diaby and that silly ref who didn't book De Jong when he snapped Ben Arfa's legs into two

You do realise it doesnt have be an injury before its a red card offense right?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 4:29pm On Mar 23, 2011
HNIC:

The age long question.
How do you determine the intention of a player?

Yes you can determine the intention.
You just dey watch ball ni? There are intentional fouls everytime eveywhere in football. If you've played footie before I'm sure you've made one yourself . . . now how serious the foul was, is another matter entirely.

You can try to go for the ball and injure a player (leg break, knee ligament injuries etc). Fair enough!
In Nani's case . . . The ball was on the floor . . . Carra went in knee-high. No way near the ball at all.

Ask Taylor and Shawcross, they will tell you it was not intentional and you will have sky pundits and their gaffers telling you 'they are not that kind of player'.

Are you saying the 2 tackles were intentional? Now answer this before I reply you.

What happens to the footballer on the receiving end of the tackle?

Exactly! What happens to Nani who was on the receiving end of the tackle that could have broken his leg?
It's same for every player dude.

Apart from Roy Keane who stated specifically in his book that he set out to maim that man city player,I haven't seen any other player who has come out to say he intended injuring a player.

Not many players have the balls to come out and say that.
Roy Keane is a special breed . . . he doesn't give a toss with stuffs like that. And he never came out straight away to say that.
He said it towards the last days of his career.
Who knows . . . Carra could come back in a couple of years and say he did it intentionally.

Evans could have pulled out of that tackle and we won't be talking about this

Why should he pull out of a 50-50 tackle? It could have gone either way that's why it's called 50-50.
Evans could have been the one on the sidelines if Holden had gotten to the ball first. They both went for the tackle but Evans got there first, got the ball but his follow-through did the damage.

(Remember the karate kick on Drogba last season, not'intentional' abi?)

Wait! You just said "How do you determine the intention of a player?"
Now you are implying that Evans' tackle on DD was intentional? Make up your mind.

and about Carra, unless he and Nani have some beef over a girl,he would swear till tomorrow, that he went for the ball and not Nani's legs

Okay . . . maybe Johnny Evans also snatched Holden's babe then.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 6:51pm On Mar 23, 2011
Chamo has done justice to it

Cool.

When is that Ferdinand playing football again? Is he now a commentator cos he's annoying me with his presence on twitter. He shd shut d fck up and come to d field and play football
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by RuuDie(m): 12:14am On Mar 24, 2011
There was nothing malicious about Evan's tackle, it was just unfortunate that Holden got badly hurt in the process. . . .but prior to that, Holden got away with committing about four tackles almost in succession, no caution; Evra almost got his ankle ripped off by a challenge similar to Evan's, still no action by the ref --- I had a feeling that ref was out to get UTD but Baba God pass am grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by RuuDie(m): 12:16am On Mar 24, 2011
tkb417:

When is that Ferdinand playing football again? Is he now a commentator cos he's annoying me with his presence on twitter. He shd shut d fck up and come to d field and play football

I swear. . . .i don tire for the guy matter myself. Maybe we go soon dey seize phone from some of the players dem sef grin

BTW, where that useless Bebe & Obertan dem dey sef!!?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 5:52pm On Mar 25, 2011
Now this is how dry it gets on a weekend of internationals!!
Can we get over this weekend?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:45am On Mar 26, 2011
wanna make a prediction.
second half next season, bebe will be utd best attacking player

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (100)

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.