Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (77585 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by codedguy1(m): 12:19pm On Mar 18, 2011
we will beat chelsea over two games
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by lalaboi(m): 12:20pm On Mar 18, 2011
UTD is Going DOwn!!! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2011
HNIC:

Can Atkinson be the ref over the two legs? grin

I'd prefer Howard Webb grin tongue tongue tongue

coded guy:

we will beat chelsea over two games

The second leg is at Old Trafford so at least we know what we have to do.
I'm confident.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2011
REAL MADRID/TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v BARCELONA/SHAKHTAR DONETSK

V

INTER/SCHALKE v CHELSEA/MANCHESTER UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
Mr_TA:

REAL MADRID/TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v BARCELONA/SHAKHTAR DONETSK

V

INTER/SCHALKE v CHELSEA/MANCHESTER UNITED

Very TOUGH draws
No easy games
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by codedguy1(m): 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
that barca/shakhtar looks intrsting. barca could come undone.

Man U and chelsea got the hardest draw.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 12:30pm On Mar 18, 2011
chelsea are out. there's no english club capable of beating man utd over 2 legs. it won't happen under alex ferguson. i just hope rio sorts his useless calf out and play. if we have rio/vida/vds. . . .chelsea wont score a goal against united. no atkinson to bail them out.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 12:33pm On Mar 18, 2011
As long as we've got our players fit . . . I'm confident.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 12:35pm On Mar 18, 2011
Not happy with our draw personally. I'll be sick of facing Chelsea 3 times in less than a month. Also the league games we have either side of those ties will be crucila. I just hope we have our players fit enough to give us a good chance.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2011
Mr_TA:

Not happy with our draw personally. I'll be sick of facing Chelsea 3 times in less than a month. Also the league games we have either side of those ties will be crucila. I just hope we have our players fit enough to give us a good chance.

our chances of winning, get rio and vidic fit. we face chelsea 3 times within a month but 2 of those games are at old trafford. the second leg is at old trafford, that is a massive massive advantage for man utd. however, rio ferdinand must play those games.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by lalaboi(m): 12:39pm On Mar 18, 2011
#Jonezers alert! . . . . Old Trash ford will burn!. . and Stamford bridge will NOT fall down grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 12:39pm On Mar 18, 2011
Fergie said Rio could be out for the rest of the season . . . dont know how true that is . . . but even if he comes back, how fit will he be?

Mr_TA:

We have Fulham at home in between those games . . . not too bad.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2011
chamotex:

Fergie said Rio could be out for the rest of the season . . . dont know how true that is . . . but even if he comes back, how fit will he be?
ferguson also said nani will be out for a month. . . .don't take that old man's words as the gospel. he always gives the most pessimistic estimate when it comes to injuries to his players.

i don't know how a calf injury can keep someone as big as rio from playing. personally, i think rio has no passion - that's the disadvantage of success. the hunger to achieve more simply dies. sir alex is also relaxed about these things. i trust mourinho to pump pain-killing injections in that calf and get rio on the pitch asap. we have a genuine chance to play in the final especially when the 2nd legs of the quarter/final and semi/final(if we qualify) will be played at old trafford. ferdinand better get on the pitch and stop tweeting like a cyberwhore.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2011
*Cougar*:

ferguson also said nani will be out for a month. . . .don't take that old man's words as the gospel. he always gives the most pessimistic estimate when it comes to injuries to his players.

i don't know how a calf injury can keep someone as big as rio from playing. personally, i think rio has no passion - that's the disadvantage of success. the hunger to achieve more simply dies. sir alex is also relaxed about these things. i trust mourinho to pump pain-killing injections in that calf and get rio on the pitch asap. we have a genuine chance to play in the final especially when the 2nd legs of the quarter/final and semi/final(if we qualify) will be played at old trafford. ferdinand better get on the pitch and stop tweeting like a cyberwhore.

You know the injury is complicated . . . it's the top of the calf, stretching to his lower hamstring.

I dont care if they pump pain killing injections . . . Rio MUST play for us to have a BETTER chance.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2011
chamotex:

You know the injury is complicated . . . it's the top of the calf, stretching to his lower hamstring.

I dont care if they pump pain killing injections . . . Rio MUST play for us to have a BETTER chance.

that's what mourinho will do. i love no nonsense managers. if you earn 120k per week, you should be prepared to die on the pitch.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2011
i think rio has no passion - that's the disadvantage of success. the hunger to achieve more simply dies.sir alex is also relaxed about these things

I have to disagree with that, And I also think its very harsh. There is no way SAF is relaxed about such matters. Not everyplayer responds to painkillers the same way. especially when you're on the wrong side of 30. Its pretty obvious rio would rather be out there playing regularly and especially with the huge games we have coming and the chances we have to do great things this year despite everything.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 1:00pm On Mar 18, 2011
*Cougar*:

that's what mourinho will do. i love no nonsense managers. if you earn 120k per week, you should be prepared to die on the pitch.

We cant afford to play Chelsea with Brown and Smalling . . . no wayyy!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 1:01pm On Mar 18, 2011
chamotex:

We cant afford to play Chelsea with Brown and Smalling . . . no wayyy!!!

i trust vidic to be fit. it's rio ferdinand that does my head in. silly calf injury has kept him out now for months. if we have rafael-rio-vida-evra with anderson, carrick and fletcher shielding them. . . .with nani-rooney-valencia running at chelsea's back four, then we have a genuine chance to blow them away. david luiz is not available(cup tied or unregistered).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 1:03pm On Mar 18, 2011
*Cougar*:

i trust vidic to be fit. it's rio ferdinand that does my head in. silly calf injury has kept him out now for months.

How many games has he played this season sef?
I'm sure it's not up to 20 undecided undecided undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2011
chamotex:

How many games has he played this season sef?
I'm sure it's not up to 20 undecided undecided undecided

19 appearances all season(pathetic). evra(35), vidic(35), rafael(25), o'shea(25). ferdinand should be ashamed of himself.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 1:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
*Cougar*:

19 appearances all season(pathetic). evra(35), vidic(35), rafael(25), o'shea(25). ferdinand should be ashamed of himself.

He used to be our most consistent defender. Wonder what happened#

Did you hear Ray Wilkins chatting bollocks about "Chelsea will beat anyone over 2 legs"?
So all the times they've been knocked out before the final, they only played 1 leg right? Pathetic!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2011
ray wilkins is a pathetic old sod. he was just mis-yearning like he normally does. chelsea will not beat arsenal over two legs. never mind man utd. one thing i know about united is we are immortal in europe. bar bayern last season in munich, united have not lost a game away from home since 2007 at san siro when milan ripped us apart. we have a superb record in europe and if we can get our top players fit, chelsea will not score a goal in 180 mins.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Eastbay1: 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2011
@Cougar,
While I share your frustration about Rio,I'm not so sure it's that simple. . .Injuries can be a bi.tch.Wes Brown used to be a promising defender. . .Injuries have reduced him to a Sunday league player.
As for Wilkins,he is entitled to his opinion.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 4:53pm On Mar 18, 2011
Tuesday, 12 April 2011
Uefa Champions League
Man Utd v Chelsea, QFL1, L2, 19:45

Saturday, 16 April 2011
The FA Cup
Man City v Man Utd, SF, 15:00

Saturday, 23 April 2011
Man Utd v Everton, 12:45

SEMI-FINAL LEG 1

Sunday, 1 May 2011
Arsenal v Man Utd, 14:05

SEMI-FINAL LEG 2

Saturday, 7 May 2011
Man Utd v Chelsea, 15:00

Season definer right here.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2011
(Eastbay):

@Cougar,
While I share your frustration about Rio,I'm not so sure it's that simple. . .Injuries can be a bi.tch.Wes Brown used to be a promising defender. . .Injuries have reduced him to a Sunday league player.
As for Wilkins,he is entitled to his opinion.

it's frustrating. a fit rio ferdinand = titles. he knows this, everyone knows this. he should take injections to his calf and play. pain-killers administered before the match, at half time and at the end of the match should see rio through. besides, we are lucky we are not doing any long travelling in the next round. london trip from manchester will not aggravate rio's notorious back injury so he should man up and bail us out.

what is fergie doing in cheltenham? he should be preparing his team for tomorrow's tie and this old man is betting on horses, na wa o!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by AndreUweh(m): 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2011
Man U should forget the CL and concentrate on the premiership where they stand a better chance.
Chelsea has an edge in CL while the premiership is united's to lose.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 5:56am On Mar 19, 2011
I have said here many times RIO will cost us a lot when Vida eventually gets injured or suspended and its hapng. How SAF didn't take all these into consideration beats me cos everyone knows we can't do Smalling/Brown and win anything

Fingers crossed. We need a good CB to replace Rio. Dude is done with us

Chelsea over 2 legs in spate of 2 weeks will be UTDs call. With Vida back, we have a chance over 2 legs. Valencia, Park and Anderson back, UTD are in finals already IF we can sort out our CBs

I hope Vida plays today or else, we are in trouble
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 7:17am On Mar 19, 2011
tkb417:

I have said here many times RIO will cost us a lot when Vida eventually gets injured or suspended and its hapng. How SAF didn't take all these into consideration beats me cos everyone knows we can't do Smalling/Brown and win anything

Fingers crossed. We need a good CB to replace Rio. Dude is done with us

Chelsea over 2 legs in spate of 2 weeks will be UTDs call. With Vida back, we have a chance over 2 legs. Valencia, Park and Anderson back, UTD are in finals already IF we can sort out our CBs

I hope Vida plays today or else, we are in trouble

vidic is not playing today.that has been confirmed.
jonny evans is pairing smalling and wes is playing right back.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 7:23am On Mar 19, 2011
*Cougar*:

it's frustrating. a fit rio ferdinand = titles. he knows this, everyone knows this. he should take injections to his calf and play. pain-killers administered before the match, at half time and at the end of the match should see rio through. besides, we are lucky we are not doing any long travelling in the next round. london trip from manchester will not aggravate rio's notorious back injury so he should man up and bail us out.

what is fergie doing in cheltenham? he should be preparing his team for tomorrow's tie and this old man is betting on horses, na wa o!

i think you are being too simplistic.
Rio wants this as much as you do.
it is not his fault.
pain killer is not a magic cure.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 7:26am On Mar 19, 2011
mbulela:

vidic is not playing today.that has been confirmed.
jonny evans is pairing smalling and wes is playing right back.

Johnny Evans?
More wahala for deadi bodi. . . . ask West ham how they raped this pairing in the CC
I may just not watch!!!

As for the Chelsea game, i will only get excited if we have at least a good number of our players fit
and one Mr. Atkinson or M. Ovrebo is not with the whistle!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 8:01am On Mar 19, 2011
Evans + Smalling is a recipe for disaster. They are gonna play Elmander and Davies? Its not even Rios fault, its Sir Alex Ferguson's fault for NOT BUYING.

How do you feel comfortable when ur first team CB is constantly missing? Isn't that an omen? We had our chance to get someone even if its just for the season but now we have a CB pairing that would fall even if they play Enugu Rangers. Brown, Smalling and Evans? If Bolton do not win, then they won't beat UTD again till Jesus come
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2011
VDS; Brown, Smalling, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Nani; Rooney, Hernández.

Blood of jesus! Evans is starting. cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (100)

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.