Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,105 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? (4671 Views)

‘Go And Prepare To Rerun In 2027’, Abiodun Tells Adebutu / Can Governor Wike Change His Children And Wife Name To Ikweres Not Igbo? / Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by APCNig: 8:50am On Feb 10, 2020
In 2025? I can't say. But for now, Uzodinma is ruling till January 2025.
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 10, 2020
NGpatriot:

What is this one saying..
Boy,read it again
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 9:08am On Feb 10, 2020
otuekong1:

IMO is not kogi
*imolites are more informed and determined compared to kogi
*PDP will definitely match APC with thug for thug
*inec will want to be fair cause all eyes will be looking
*The imolites I know will do anything and everything to defend their votes

mind you PDP lost kogi,because they were not strategic enough and they had snitch in their camps and lastly giving the ticket to someone from kogi east that has been ruling from the inception of the state

If they match thugs for thugs,what of police for police? Imolites are more information but not electorally.most people in the east do not care about elections which makes it easy to rig,infact the most rigged areas are ss and se because of electoral apathy.do not be deceived by what happens online.akwa ibomite rarely boast online but you can see the high electoral awareness on ground.its not so in the east,dont be deceived.
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 9:09am On Feb 10, 2020
NGpatriot:

What is this one saying..
It is his opinion na
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by nzeobi(m): 9:11am On Feb 10, 2020
Kyase:
With what's happening there(decamping), couple with his work rate, I think so.....
Which work rate
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by Kyase(m): 9:13am On Feb 10, 2020
nzeobi:

Which work rate
his performance
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 9:13am On Feb 10, 2020
ChoCho54:
In fact, the OP disappointed me.
Those guys are the closest i have to objectivity.do you expect me to tag people that will abuse apc and buhari without commonsense

1 Like

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 9:16am On Feb 10, 2020
LudwinOlaOluwa:
Buhari will deploy his full rigging machine for Hope because he's buhari boy

i guess that's the reason Oshiomole is fronting him already incase of rerun
because i don't see SC returning Ihedioha the highest it can do is to order a rerun

but they should at least it'll cool the tension because right now in imo state
majority don't even acknowledge Hope as the governor
I'm not talking about ass lickers and political jobbers
How many governors are acknowledged by majority of the masses? Ikpeazu,ayade,bello etc.if majority wanted ihedioha,how come he didnt win up to 16 lgas plus getting the required spread? Did you see how makinde won oyo
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:35am On Feb 10, 2020
garfield1:

Seems you forget too much.do i need to remind you of what happened in kogi ? Remember yahaya bello,uzodinma is exactly blessed with such electoral sagacity.
In a free and fair elections,your thoughts will likely occur but ofcourse the election wont be free,lets not hide it.apc will be fully involved,massive security deployment.thugs.ihedioha is wasting his time

If it all boils down to rigging with state apparatus, why are you then asking who will win?
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by nzeobi(m): 9:38am On Feb 10, 2020
Kyase:
his performance
In what areas
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by whirlwind7(m): 9:38am On Feb 10, 2020
kingkakaone:

So why did the other parties in the house of assembly decamped to his party?
Most of you don't know who your true enemies are.

Others are joining him daily.

And this is your honest assessment of Hope's chances of winning a re-run in Imo state?
Because hungry senators jumped into APC (which now controls Imo state's federal allocation)
Look, if for instance, Ararume or anyone else joins CPC and the court declares him governor tomorrow, those same senators will all jump onto CPC like their lives depend on it.
I didn't know that a few dozen senators who are fighting for their stomachs and their pockets are the sole indices for gauging the potential votes of millions.
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 10, 2020
garfield1:

If they match thugs for thugs,what of police for police? Imolites are more information but not electorally.most people in the east do not care about elections which makes it easy to rig,infact the most rigged areas are ss and se because of electoral apathy.do not be deceived by what happens online.akwa ibomite rarely boast online but you can see the high electoral awareness on ground.its not so in the east,dont be deceived.
Akwa ibom is a typical example,the people hated nsima and were ready to defend their votes,police is powerless if they don't have collaborators
Yea,the SE don't always come out but the number of voters is gradually increasing
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by CanadaOrBust: 10:23am On Feb 10, 2020
garfield1:

Your understanding of issues is pure.the bolded happened during the polls last year.things have changed,rochas and hope are now friends

But it neatly explains why Hope couldn’t have won and definitely couldn’t have gotten 99% of any polling unit
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 10, 2020
whirlwind7:

And this is your honest assessment of Hope's chances of winning a re-run in Imo state?
Because hungry senators jumped into APC (which now controls Imo state's federal allocation)
Look, if for instance, Ararume or anyone else joins CPC and the court declares him governor tomorrow, those same senators will all jump onto CPC like their lives depend on it.
I didn't know that a few dozen senators who are fighting for their stomachs and their pockets are the sole indices for gauging the potential votes of millions.
I'm not for him or anyone else.
It would be nice if the indigenous people of the state put aid politics and work together with him to push the state forward instead of the maligning words online against him.

It is a win win for everyone.
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 12:02pm On Feb 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

But it neatly explains why Hope couldn’t have won and definitely couldn’t have gotten 99% of any polling unit
Both ihedioha and hope wrote results but hope was smarter
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by CanadaOrBust: 12:10pm On Feb 10, 2020
garfield1:

Both ihedioha and hope wrote results but hope was smarter

He wasn’t or he should have checked to
make sure votes he awarded himself did not exceed number of registered voters. That’s what making SC look like fools
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

If it all boils down to rigging with state apparatus, why are you then asking who will win?
Just wanted to feel the public opinion
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 12:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

He wasn’t or he should have checked to
make sure votes he awarded himself did not exceed number of registered voters. That’s what making SC look like fools
I have told you severally that it only exceeded registered voters in less than 10 units which is not substantial
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by ChoCho54(f): 12:18pm On Feb 10, 2020
garfield1:

Those guys are the closest i have to objectivity.do you expect me to tag people that will abuse apc and buhari without commonsense
Then it's a crying shame this is your best eleven.
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by CanadaOrBust: 12:24pm On Feb 10, 2020
garfield1:

I have told you severally that it only exceeded registered voters in less than 10 units which is not substantial

U r funny. Isn’t that the evidence that the whole thing was made up? If he was smart it shouldn’t have been up to 90% in any unit
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by NJPot(m): 12:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
garfield1:

I would have loved to argue with you but you are unreasonable.anybody can come up with that,anybody can also claim that ihedioha wrote results and compelled the corrupt returning officer prof otunta to declare him despite not getting the two third spread.

You belong to pdp,even my little child can see that

I don't know why you non imo citizens want Imo to keep on suffering. You Garfield1, yarimo, simplyleo, Mbaka and Co. Rochas rendered imo state useless and imo people waited till election day to elect their choice. Ihedioha from Owerri zone was most favored and won. The shouts of joy that followed the announcement of his winning showed the whole world that Imo has been liberated. Ihedioha reversed Imo State to normalcy where workers are paid full salary, pensioners receive their monthly payments, over 35 roads facing reconstruction. Every Imo citizen can testify to this. I hated Ihedioha before, but his works in Imo State made me to stop judging people by what I hear about them. No one should deceive you guys, Imo State is not happy with Mbaka, APC, Uzodimma and anyone who supported this Supreme Court judgment. If Imo election is reruned, which I know APC and Supreme court won't take the risk, Ihedioha would win more no matter the federal might. Rochas and Ararume has no political value in Imo State. They may be big names in Abuja but not in Imo State. Imo now is like a wounded snake ready to bite at any slightest opportunity. I know APC wants to retain power in one of the southeast states, but this was unfair. It is not about the pains Ihedioha is passing through but the pains and agony of Imolites today. Imo is not happy and you guys can see that in their social media comments. Please you guys should leave us alone. Face your states. I don't know what you people gain from people's crys and sufferings. I wish Hope Uzodimma can keep his evil ways behind and work like Ihedioha. Imo would love him if he does so but I doubt that. He has already started with propaganda like Rochas. All projects he claimed to have carried out in these few days were done by Ihedioha. He even plan to stop the completion of some projects Ihedioha started. Why he could not stop the road projects was because majority of the funds for the roads have been paid for and it would be a loss to Imo State government if the roads are abandoned. Just like I said, I wish and pray that Hope drop his evil ways and surprise Imo people.

1 Like

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 12:34pm On Feb 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

U r funny. Isn’t that the evidence that the whole thing was made up? If he was smart it shouldn’t have been up to 90% in any unit
We are getting somewhere gradually now that your somewhat reasonable.to you and other laymen,it is evidence of a larger conspiracy but in the eyes of the law,it is not.even if it is,it is not substantial that is why in the electoral act we have substantial compliance and non compliance.is discrepancies in less than 10 units enough to change the outcome of the polls? No.no election is perfect,they will always be irregularities.if you feel 6 units means the entire 338 units,were fictitious,you prove it all rolling unit by polling unit.that is the position of the law.it can only change when the law is amended but until then,sorry
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by CanadaOrBust: 12:47pm On Feb 10, 2020
garfield1:

We are getting somewhere gradually now that your somewhat reasonable.to you and other laymen,it is evidence of a larger conspiracy but in the eyes of the law,it is not.even if it is,it is not substantial that is why in the electoral act we have substantial compliance and non compliance.is discrepancies in less than 10 units enough to change the outcome of the polls? No.no election is perfect,they will always be irregularities.if you feel 6 units means the entire 338 units,were fictitious,you prove it all rolling unit by polling unit.that is the position of the law.it can only change when the law is amended but until then,sorry

No, u r the one now becoming somewhat reasonable instead of childishly canceling posts up and down.

Like I’ve told u b4 this is not just another case in a high court where u use legal tricks and technicalities. The SC does not exist in a vacuum. You don’t decide such a case on ridiculous technicalities while refusing to look at clear evidence of fraud right in front of you! What sort of precedent r u setting?! (Unless SC is compromised, which we can deduce is the case here!)
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 12:56pm On Feb 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

No, u r the one now becoming somewhat reasonable instead of childishly canceling posts up and down.

Like I’ve told u b4 this is not just another case in a high court where u use legal tricks and technicalities. The SC does not exist in a vacuum. You don’t decide such a case on ridiculous technicalities while refusing to look at clear evidence of fraud right in front of you! What sort of precedent r u setting?! (Unless SC is compromised, which we can deduce is the case here!)

Ill cancel posts if you drop any nonsense post again.see,there was no technicalities or tricks here.mind you,technicalities are part of the legal process.

Hope provided duplicate copies of result sheets and under the electoral act,they are said to be regular and correct until proved otherwise by the defendants.it is the place of the defendants to point out anomalies to the court not the judges.the defendants claimed that the results were forged in their written address but they never demonstrated or proved how.inec providing the original copies of the result sheets would have killed the case,they refused to.they instead concentrated on nwosu and araraume.
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by wetmenow: 12:56pm On Feb 10, 2020
APC and Buhari won't try it unless they want to kick Hope out of the sit.
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by CanadaOrBust: 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2020
garfield1:

Ill cancel posts if you drop any nonsense post again.see,there was no technicalities or tricks here.mind you,technicalities are part of the legal process.

Hope provided duplicate copies of result sheets and under the electoral act,they are said to be regular and correct until proved otherwise by the defendants.it is the place of the defendants to point out anomalies to the court not the judges.the defendants claimed that the results were forged in their written address but they never demonstrated or proved how.inec providing the original copies of the result sheets would have killed the case,they refused to.they instead concentrated on nwosu and araraume.

I cordially invite u to cancel ALL my posts henceforth. I don’t know why it is not obvious to you: BY CANCELING A POST, U HIGHLIGHT IT!!

I don’t know why it is hard for you to see that one can easily write a result and keep only the carbon copy, destroying everything else. Is it that it is that hard to obtain INEC documents or what? Especially when INEC said they never issued the documents. How can such document be the basis for replacing a gov?! Please make some sense
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 2:04pm On Feb 10, 2020
garfield1:

Just wanted to feel the public opinioon

There is no need feeling the public opinion. Your job as a political analyst is now stale as there is no longer anything to analyse. Don't you think so?
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by garfield1: 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

I cordially invite u to cancel ALL my posts henceforth. I don’t know why it is not obvious to you: BY CANCELING A POST, U HIGHLIGHT IT!!

I don’t know why it is hard for you to see that one can easily write a result and keep only the carbon copy, destroying everything else. Is it that it is that hard to obtain INEC documents or what? Especially when INEC said they never issued the documents. How can such document be the basis for replacing a gov?! Please make some sense
Amend our laws then
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by CanadaOrBust: 2:39pm On Feb 10, 2020
garfield1:

Amend our laws then

The same laws that lower courts used to dismiss the case? There is no law that says u should ignore the obvious fraudulent nature of documents b4 u. Infact the principle is: if there is any doubt let the status quo stand. Not replace a gov based on garbage
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by franchasng: 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2020
kingkakaone:

So why did the other parties in the house of assembly decamped to his party?
Most of you don't know who your true enemies are.

Others are joining him daily.
The house of Assembly members that defected to APC were all bought; they were given 5million naira each first stage, 15milion each last stage and a plot of land at a choice place in owerri where land is sold for 30million naira per plot. And also each assembly member will have a stake in any contract coming to his constituency and in nominating people to be appointed from their constituencies too.

Imo state have been sold. I pity Imo people, Buhari have brought destruction upon Imo state.

Are you aware that FG under NDDC awarded billions of naira contract to Hope as a contractor to dredge Calabar seaport, he never delivered. And EFCC have been after him for years for looting billions paid to him for Calabar seaport, so he was not even supposed to contest, he was supposed to be in jail serving his time or in court defending his loot.

1 Like

Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by newmoney133: 6:51pm On Feb 10, 2020
He can if Inec conduct a replica of kogi state election.using helicopter to teargas the electorate,stealing ballot boxes,bribing inec and security officers.
Re: Can Governor Hope Uzodinma Win A Rerun In Imo State? by Guzel: 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2020
garfield1:
I know its almost impossible but if the supreme court miraculously orders a total rerun in IMO state,can hope defeat ihedioha?

Mynd44
Kahal
Nosryk
Afamed
Gamelnasser
Ojiofor
Buharivsshekau
Xanderboy
Jubrilelsudan
Zoedew
Chukel
Guzel
Africonji
Topmaike
Kyase
Helinues
Abagworo
Meleszenawi
Udechid
Simplyleo
Respect
Cyberterror
Buhariadvocate
Swaggerific
References
Ngpatriot
Seunmsg
Esseite
Candygist
Commentor
Peacemaker
Adaibeku
Ekpeitit
Otuekong
Mrvitalis
A United APC wil tradh PDP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari: We Will Continue To Stand, Fight For Justice As A County / See The Igbo Man Impacting Lives In Sokoto (photos) / I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.